Photo

Grand Prix Legends out of the box...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Brent

Brent

• 1,402 posts

Posted 18 September 1999 - 08:20

People who are not connected to the net beware...this game needs lots of tweaks and patches to get it up to top standard.Once you've DLed and installed them this game ROCKS!!

The drivers hands in some cars go invisable and the cockpit textures go on and off too. Some parts of the track have black lines across it..usually opposite the pits. I fixed these probs with patches.

There is a patch from Paparus (patch 1.1) which does NOT fix these probs above.It has easier to drive default set-ups and you can now only lower the cars to 2.5in max. I found a setup called "400hp kart" where you lowered the car to 1.0in and set the suspension to its hardest settings you can get away with..and this was just GREAT!.This setup "HIKED" but of couse should'nt be possible due to bumps in the track that you would encounter in "real" life so Paparus's patch eliminated this setup (wahhhhhhh).
The cars are SO hard to drive...they feel't more like driving a rally car or even a speed boat! Usually takes 2 laps to get the tyres up to temp as well. Some people actually returned the game saying it was either "broken" or just too damned hard!! So the new default setups are alot easier to drive but not as quick as the older ones.(ones? weird English)
All the cars are totally different and need diff setups. Each car has it's own sound and are of real cars. I got mine from a guy Alison Hind recommends called Patrick which are taken from a CD Nick Mason (Pink Floyd)put out. The sounds are mind blowing..dak up and try them,you get engine and gearbox whines as well! When you get 2 or 3 cars racing close....incredible.
I have DLed heaps of setups from lots of ppl, some work for me,some don't.Peddles are twin axis so you can trail brake (brake at the same time as have ya foot on the go peddle).

Online Racing.

I use GPL Spy Boy 2 which you get from Vroc (virtual racers on line) This takes alot of work too changing maxMTU,Rwin,NDIcachesize and lots of otherstuff. I'm no puter buff and you can find step by step instructions at Vroc.
Alot of these settings actually make your browser QUICKER! I use a 56k modem which is the bare min you require...cable is best.

I've won my first race at Silverstone racing 7 other ppl..what a "BUZZ".

So with the right setup these old dungers really move.

Good luck.

BTW i also DLed 1999 cars and cockpits for GP2...gives the game a new lease of life.

------------------