* - - - - 1 votes

Davide Valsecchi Vs Felipe Nasr

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Tsarwash

Tsarwash

• 13,725 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 18:58

I've heard Nasr's name bandied around, a lot of comments saying it's a shame that he is not going to get a F1 drive any time soon, and only really heard of Valsecchi in the last weeks. Now I don't watch GP2, and can only go on race reports and statistics, but Valsecchi hammered Nasr when they were teammates in GP2, so I am wondering why some people are really excited about one but not the other. The age difference cannot be the only thing. Was Valsecchi team leader and given better equipment or something ?

Advertisement

#2 William Hunt

William Hunt

• 11,117 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 19:01

Valsecchi was in his 5th season in GP2 and Nasr in his rookie year so what did you expect? I rate Nasr actually a lot higher as Valsecchi.

#3 Collective

Collective

• 1,525 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 19:01

Because Valsecchi had been in GP2 forever while Nasr was a rookie.

#4 V3TT3L

V3TT3L

• 1,681 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 19:20

Nasr left Dams to join Carlin bcs he had inferior equipment compared to Davide.

And they know what they are talking about.

Nasr uncle runs a top F3 / Touring team in Brazil.

#5 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 70,106 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 19:22

Every driver has that excuse, and family members are hardly good witnesses.

You don't need conspiracy theories, Nasr has a much better CV than Valsecchi and was always tipped as a future star. His reputation is a little lower these days because he hasn't caught fire in GP2, but if I had to choose between the two I'd take my chances with Nasr. 

#6 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 19:50

Nasr is the younger and more talented of the two. Right now, Valsecchi is probably a better option, but Nasr is a better long-term prospect.

#7 noikeee

noikeee

• 23,259 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 20:44

You don't need conspiracy theories, Nasr has a much better CV than Valsecchi and was always tipped as a future star. His reputation is a little lower these days because he hasn't caught fire in GP2, but if I had to choose between the two I'd take my chances with Nasr. 

x2

Always remember Valsecchi being nowhere near Albuquerque as team-mates in WSR.. same Albuquerque who was promptly dumped by Red Bull for not being good enough. Some 6 years later at that level, he finally grew to win a title. I suppose he must be considerably better now as experience does make you better, but the fact he took that long to go places is telling.

Although, I think he was on Renault's driver scheme from the very start so they must have seen something in him. Would be nice if he can get a race with Lotus now that seat is vacant, any GP2 champ unimpressive or not kinda earnt it.

#8 P0inters

P0inters

• 1,143 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 21:06

Valsecchi was in GP2 for so long and Nasr was in his rookie. I'm not impressed by Valsecchi at all. He was in GP2 for so long before he won the champioship and he must have known the cars inside out. I think that's the only reason he won the championship.

#9 packapoo

packapoo

• 731 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:44

Oh dear, oh deer,o'dea.
Another reputation looking extremely unfulfilled before he even steps in the car at COTA and even that seems questionable.