Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

What excites you more for 2015: Ferrari or McLaren pairing?

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

Poll: What excites you more for 2015: Ferrari or McLaren pairing? (399 member(s) have cast votes)

What excites you more for 2015: Ferrari or McLaren pairing?

1. Ferrari: Vettel + Raikkonen (81 votes [20.30%])

Percentage of vote: 20.30%

2. McLaren: Alonso + Button (318 votes [79.70%])

Percentage of vote: 79.70%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 kosmos

kosmos

• 11,902 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:56

Clearly for me , McLaren :lol:

Advertisement

#2 P123

P123

• 23,968 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:58

Given Kimi's non-form and Vettel's patchy form this season then JB/ FA is the obvious choice.

#3 Jamiednm

Jamiednm

• 2,546 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:00

Ferrari doesn't excite me at all, especially as they are highly likely to produce another dud car next year. I often question Kimi's motivation, and while it will be interesting to see Vettel take on a new challenge, I think he has to prove himself again to some extent after his struggles this year.

#4 Borko

Borko

• 2,231 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:01

McLaren, of course, nobody is talking about Ferari these days sadly

#5 Taxi

Taxi

• 4,806 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:01

Couldn't care less about Mclaren. Never mind my avatar. 

#6 NoSanityClause

NoSanityClause

• 1,390 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:03

McLaren, although I'm disappointed there was no "Pirelli's calendar" option.

#7 Lights

Lights

• 17,877 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:05

The pairing that seemed to be in great form lately and will get the maximum results out of the car, without leaving us to think "This is nice, but what would Ricciardo or Alonso do in this Ferrari?"

#8 Raziel

Raziel

• 2,375 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:07

New avatar I see...that´s really fast kosmos! :p  ;)

#9 Exb

Exb

• 3,961 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:07

No contest - McLaren :)

(but I'm biased and would be more interested in McLarens line-up regardless of who they were. Having said that I think Fernando/Jenson is the better line-up anyway unless both Kimi and Seb can show they've got their act together with the new regulations, then it could be an argueable choice as I suspect Kimi/Seb may be closer in performance then Fernando/Jenson - I guess we will see. The best thing is we get the chance to watch both teams intra-team battle (as well as the next round of Lewis v Nico, which could actually be very 1 sided next year I suspect. Still thats 3 teams with very strong line-ups, lets hope the cars are up to the task!!)

#10 HoldenRT

HoldenRT

• 6,773 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:09

Driver matchup Ferrari, team matchup (the success both drivers can have.. the potential for success etc) = McLaren.  McLaren are like a joker card that have a big potential for success but also for epic fail.

#11 pikamoku

pikamoku

• 440 posts

man, WTF has recently(*) done KR to "excite" nobody?

* last 8 years

#12 ExEd

ExEd

• 2,190 posts

Nice avatar Kosmos, welcome aboard  :up:

PS : Don't forget to bring your swingometer with you  :clap:

Edited by ExEd, 11 December 2014 - 11:10.

#13 Radion

Radion

• 2,524 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:15

I think we can all agree on that Alonso will beat Button. The more interesting question will be: Who'll come on top in the Ferrari intra war after both drivers struggling in 2014? Definitely next year will be decisive for both drivers legacies.

Hence Ferrari.

Edited by Radion, 11 December 2014 - 11:19.

#14 BobbyRicky

BobbyRicky

• 1,517 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:19

man, WTF has recently(*) done KR to "excite" nobody?

* last 8 years

Im not really sure, but i think he might have won a WDC during the last eight years.

I also seem to remember him doing something called 'rally'. Furhtermore i think he drove around in circles a few times aswell.

And i almost forgot: he starred in some shampoo-commercials aswell, cant remember why tho. Maybe some sort of sponsor-thingy?

Hmm.... Boring driver indeed.

#15 superdelphinus

superdelphinus

• 3,175 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:24

Vettel/kr doesn't really fill me with any excitement at all to be honest

#16 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 33,684 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:31

Think the real battle of 'best lineup' is between Merc and McL.

Great pair, nonetheless.

#17 aramos

aramos

• 1,498 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:31

McLaren. An ever on form Alonso against an on form Button should be a show to see. Just how good is Alonso against another top driver?

Edited by aramos, 11 December 2014 - 11:32.

#18 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,767 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:33

I think we can all agree on that Alonso will beat Button. The more interesting question will be: Who'll come on top in the Ferrari intra war after both drivers struggling in 2014? Definitely next year will be decisive for both drivers legacies.

Hence Ferrari.

Nope. I don't agree that that's a given at all.

#19 Lights

Lights

• 17,877 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:37

McLaren. An ever on form Alonso against an on form Button should be a show to see. Just how good is Alonso against another top driver?

That's the thing about Alonso. His teammates are considered to be top drivers before the season starts. Let's see what Button can do.

Advertisement

#20 aramos

aramos

• 1,498 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:39

That's the thing about Alonso. His teammates are considered to be top drivers before the season starts. Let's see what Button can do.

That does seem to be the case. The thing is most people would agree the circumstances Raikkonen faced him were not really optimal. New regulations, new team it was quite clear he wasn't performing to his peak. We know Button is driving well, he scored over twice the points of Magnussen, he is remaining at McLaren and seems comfortable with this formula. It should be battle of the titans.

#21 Lights

Lights

• 17,877 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:43

That does seem to be the case. The thing is most people would agree the circumstances Raikkonen faced him were not really optimal. New regulations, new team it was quite clear he wasn't performing to his peak. We know Button is driving well, he scored over twice the points of Magnussen, he is remaining at McLaren and seems comfortable with this formula. It should be battle of the titans.

Yeah I wasn't just talking about Raikkonen. Massa and even Fisichella were considered top material before they teamed up with Alonso. We'll never know how much a new team and regulations affect these things, but we do know that they happen all the time and adapting to it is part of a drivers quality.

#22 Raziel

Raziel

• 2,375 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:44

"Fernando and Jenson have started a combined total of precisely 500 grands prix between them – a mighty aggregate – and have won 47 of them," declared team boss Ron Dennis. “I can safely say, therefore, that we now have by an order of magnitude the best driver line-up of any current Formula 1 team.

#23 kimster89

kimster89

• 1,413 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:45

In Mclaren im only interested a Button performance relative to Alonso and wis a wis to Kimi this year. OTOH ill clearly concetrate more on the ferrari drivers.

#24 Lotus53B

Lotus53B

• 4,163 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:47

"Fernando and Jenson have started a combined total of precisely 500 grands prix between them – a mighty aggregate – and have won 47 of them," declared team boss Ron Dennis. “I can safely say, therefore, that we now have by an order of magnitude the best driver line-up of any current Formula 1 team.

Ferrari team have 59 wins from 351 starts...

EDIT = 39-20 in favour of Vettel, btw (though I voted for the McLaren team - no team involving Kimi could possibly excite me)

Edited by Lotus53B, 11 December 2014 - 11:48.

#25 sopa

sopa

• 12,230 posts

It is worth noting 12 months ago Raikkonen was rated higher than Button currently. But at the moment Button is talked up like a great driver far superior to either Vettel or Raikkonen...

#26 aramos

aramos

• 1,498 posts

Yeah I wasn't just talking about Raikkonen. Massa and even Fisichella were considered top material before they teamed up with Alonso. We'll never know how much a new team and regulations affect these things, but we do know that they happen all the time and adapting to it is part of a drivers quality.

I agree. Alonso has a habit of making whoever sits next to him ordinary, as all true great drivers do. Webber was considered a top talent before he faced up with Vettel and Schumacher did it to driver after driver. This situation is a tad different as there are no question marks over his team mates, is Alonso really that much stronger than even other top drivers? Or does he only do it to 'journeymen'. 

#27 Jamiednm

Jamiednm

• 2,546 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:48

Personally, I hope this is a stop-gap year for Alonso at McLaren, while Lewis wins his 3rd WDC in 2015, Rosberg leaves Mercedes and then the teammate pairing everyone wants to see again at Mercedes - Hamilton v Alonso in 2016!

#28 kimster89

kimster89

• 1,413 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:48

Ferrari 5WDCs vs McLaren 3 WDCs

Tell is it all really.

#29 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,767 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:49

Fisi I would agree with, but despite nearly winning the crown I don't think that many have ever really considered him top material.

#30 GoldenColt

GoldenColt

• 6,254 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:49

McLaren. Far better pairing than Ferrari.

#31 AJFIN

AJFIN

• 237 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:53

McLaren. Those guys actually beat their team-mates.

#32 kosmos

kosmos

• 11,902 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:55

Tell is it all really.

Bitter comment, isn't it?, all those titles didn't help them this year or their respective teams.

#33 ButtonForEver

ButtonForEver

• 369 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:56

JB and Alonso, obvious.

#34 JKTRacing

JKTRacing

• 186 posts

I'm excited! I mean Button is finally going to have a go at the man who nearly ended his career! He got FIRED at Renault and then Alonso took advantage of all the work Button did, and went to win the World Championship, that should have been him!!

I personally think Button is a faster driver in an already fast car (no one beats Button in smooth driving) but when it comes to a car you have to fight (which is the most likely thing to happen) Alonso will be on top every day, simply because of their driving styles.

I havent been this excited since the Alonso-Hamilton pairing (and you can go back in my comments and see that I put my money on Hamilton at the time before Hamilton had even done its first McLaren F1 test)

:clap:  2015 is going to be an awesome year for F1, god knows we need one after this years snooze..

#35 string158

string158

• 1,055 posts

Tell is it all really.

Not sure it does really.  I think McLaren have a much stronger pairing. 

#36 sopa

sopa

• 12,230 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:59

Let's make it clear now. McLaren pairing seems stronger largely due to Alonso factor. Button as a driver is more in the Vettel/Raikkonen class.

#37 trogggy

trogggy

• 9,216 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:59

I havent been this excited since the Alonso-Hamilton pairing (and you can go back in my comments and see that I put my money on Hamilton at the time before Hamilton had even done its first McLaren F1 test)

Hmmm.

JKTRacing

Joined April '09

DeLorean says no.

#38 GoldenColt

GoldenColt

• 6,254 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:00

Let's make it clear now. McLaren pairing seems stronger largely due to Alonso factor. Button as a driver is more in the Vettel/Raikkonen class.

Yep. :up:

#39 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 7,360 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:01

The McLaren pairing will be much more exciting to watch for me. I think Vettel made a mistake joining Ferrari while they are in a big mess and I think 2015 will be another season of poor results with an even more frustrated Vettel. McLaren have the Honda engine which is an unknown so that is exciting and Alonso's relationship with the team will be one to watch. I can't imagine Button falling out with him either as he is a square sort of guy who says it how it is. Although I hope Hamilton is back at the front next season, I will take enjoyment watching Alonso once again.  :up:   :)

Advertisement

#40 aramos

aramos

• 1,498 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:04

I personally think Button is a faster driver in an already fast car (no one beats Button in smooth driving) 

Its already started with Alonso, "So and so is faster in a certain style car". 

#41 NoSanityClause

NoSanityClause

• 1,390 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:04

McLaren tweet: https://twitter.com/...003260014309376

Ferrari: https://twitter.com/...8569600/photo/1

#42 sopa

sopa

• 12,230 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:05

Hence Ferrari.

Interesting.

I personally can't decide which one is more "exciting". They are both interesting in their own way. And often driver pairings can bring a surprise, i.e Alonso-Raikkonen was expected to be very exciting, but wasn't. However, not much was expected of Alonso-Hamilton, but look what happened.

I think Alonso and Vettel can be considered as favourites in both driver pairings, but they are both entering a new team environment facing a driver, who is already somewhat familiar there. Maybe we will get an interesting upset or scenario in either of the two.

#43 RedRabbit

RedRabbit

• 3,250 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:11

Does the "new team" excuse really work if you drove for them in 3 seasons, just 3 seasons before re-signing? Just asking.

#44 NateF1

NateF1

• 105 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:13

Definitely McLaren although I'm intrigued by how Vettel and Kimi will compare after how they've both struggled this year. Whoever comes second in that one could find their reputation in a very bad way.

Button may well surprise a few people on here, I think Alonso will face a very good challenge from him.

#45 Hanzo

Hanzo

• 899 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:16

Alonso moving back to Mclaren is so exciting to me that I just voted Mclaren without giving much thought about the Ferrari pair... Also the Honda factor... I really could not vote just based on both pairs of drivers, the circumstances around Mclaren are way too exciting compared to Ferrari, at least at the present time.

Edited by Hanzo, 11 December 2014 - 12:31.

#46 ViMaMo

ViMaMo

• 6,513 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:17

Are the driving styles very different for Kimi and SV?

Voted for McLaren pairing!

Edited by ViMaMo, 11 December 2014 - 12:17.

#47 Nonesuch

Nonesuch

• 15,870 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:18

Both match-ups are interesting for different reasons. However, in terms of excitement I'd have to go with Ferrari.

I expect Alonso to perform the most exciting feats, but his match-up with Button doesn't excite me all that much because I don't think it'll be close, but what do I know.

However, the potential for cross-comparisons will no doubt make next year's Driver vs. Driver threads highly amusing.

#48 Burtros

Burtros

• 3,333 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:19

Kimi and Seb of the back of underwhelming 2014's could be interesting.

But Alonso/Button is something really, really special.

So McLaren got my vote.

#49 Vibe

Vibe

• 383 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:19

McLaren obiously,excitement looms around just about anything related to them right now.

Honda engine,heading into the unknown

Alonso teammate battles are always interesting,can't wait to see him compare to Button who knows the team inside out and finished 2014 on a high,while Nando is coming from wiping the floor with another WC

Alonso's comeback after 2007

Button's state of mind after months of uncertainty about his future,with Vandoorne and Magnussen still waiting for his seat

While Ferrari is the exact opposite.

Two drivers on the way down,Kimi destroyed,Vettel beaten in his team by a newcomer,both seem to have troubles adapting to the new era

Team is in turmoil,sacking one face after another,car was one of the worst ever

Loss of arguably the best driver on the grid

Still,I'm fairly excited to see if Vettel,Kimi and Ferrari can turn it around,that would be an amazing story.Nowhere near as McLaren excited though.Strange days for Ferrari/Alonso fans like me.

Edited by Vibe, 11 December 2014 - 12:20.

#50 Raikkonen94

Raikkonen94

• 1,008 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:28

Probably the Ferrari line-up for me; having two drivers who underperformed heavily in 2014 up against each other. While I am really interested to see what the Honda power unit can do, I don't think Alonso will have any trouble beating Button.