Photo

Gerry Birrell memorabilia and footage for documentary.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 alexshore

alexshore

• 10 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 22:00

My name is Alex Shore. I am a photographer and filmmaker based in Bristol. I am also the half brother of Kara Birrell, Gerry Birrell's daughter.

We have just started the process of filming documentary about Gerry and are looking for any memorabilia and footage of Gerry racing.

Its looking likely that Kara will be driven up the hill climb at the Goodwood Festival of Speed this year in one of her fathers Capri's by Jochen Mass. We thought it would be a great opportunity to tell Gerry's story along with filming this amazing experience for Kara.

If anyone has anything that might be of interest then we would be extremely grateful.

You can get in touch with me on here or my email is alex@alexshore.co.uk.

Thank you very much.

Alex

Advertisement

#2 john winfield

john winfield

• 5,668 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 22:27

My name is Alex Shore. I am a photographer and filmmaker based in Bristol. I am also the half brother of Kara Birrell, Gerry Birrell's daughter.

We have just started the process of filming documentary about Gerry and are looking for any memorabilia and footage of Gerry racing.

Its looking likely that Kara will be driven up the hill climb at the Goodwood Festival of Speed this year in one of her fathers Capri's by Jochen Mass. We thought it would be a great opportunity to tell Gerry's story along with filming this amazing experience for Kara.

If anyone has anything that might be of interest then we would be extremely grateful.

You can get in touch with me on here or my email is alex@alexshore.co.uk.

Thank you very much.

Alex

Hello Alex.  I think we were in touch a while ago regarding cuttings for the Gerry B website. I hope the documentary works out, and that Kara enjoys her day at Goodwood!

It might be worth posting/repeating your message on the main Nostalgia forum; more people post there and I wouldn't be surprised if some of us oldies have some old film, photos or memorabilia. Many of us have good memories of Gerry in F3, F2 and saloons.

#3 alexshore

alexshore

• 10 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 23:11

Hi John, thanks for the advice, I will post this on the main forum now. We have started an instagram page to share old photos and behind the scenes pictures as well if you're interested, @gerrybirrelldoc

Thanks again, really appreciate the help!