- - - - -

Goodwood Festival of Speed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 masa90

masa90

• 2,035 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 14:45

Hi, im thinking of visiting the goodwood fos in about months time.

Any people in here who have visited the prior editions? Is friday good day to enter?

I was wondering on what the actual ticket i need to buy is? As in do i need to buy admission to enter the area and then again buy ticket for the friday entry??

My main interest would be seeing lots of rally, some old f1 in hillclimb and the paddock areas.

And where is a good place to stay, as in rather close and easy to get there with public transport :)

Thanks in advance!

Edited by masa90, 26 May 2016 - 14:47.

Advertisement

#2 ensign14

ensign14

• 62,007 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 15:15

Friday is fine, but it is getting as busy as the weekends.  General admission ticket  for Friday is all you need.  I wouldn't bother paying extra for the grandstand for Friday, the runs up the hill that day are not really full-blooded.  Need to book it sharpish as it may sell out. 

Staying nearby now would be difficult or expensive.  You're almost better trekking out somewhere like Gatwick and staying in a hotel overnight.  Public transport is basically train to Chichester and bus from there.  I tend to try to drive to get there before 8am...

#3 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 24,607 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 18:24

As Ensign says, you do need to order your ticket(s) straight away. Saturday is already sold out and, according to the Goodwood website, ticket availability for Friday and Sunday is currently 'limited'.

#4 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Administrator

• 41,872 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 18:34

According to the Goodwood website, Saturday and full weekend tickets are already sold out, with Friday as 'limited availability'.

Shuttle buses - service 902 - run from just outside Chichester station on the hour and half hour from 0700. £6 return. Well signposted from the station, although the queue is usually easy to spot! Generally a quicker way in and out, as they use roads which are closed to most traffic and reserved for them and Goodwood official vehicles. There's also a branch of Waitrose just by the station if you don't fancy paying Goodwood's on-site prices for lunch.

I doubt you'll find reasonably-priced accommodation within 20 miles of Chichester - it's usually almost all booked up as soon as the FoS and Revival dates are confirmed - and as e14 says, Gatwick is a possibility, with plenty of hotels and direct trains to Chichester, but I'd be inclined to look at either Southampton, Fareham or Portsmouth to the west or Brighton or Eastbourne to the east.