Photo

BMW archives

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tsrwright

tsrwright

• 562 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 21:06

Has anyone got a contact or experience of the set-up? Planning to visit the Munich museum next week for research purposes so any help would be appreciated.

T

Advertisement

#2 john medley

john medley

• 1,442 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 21:32

Will you return by September , T?
Regards
JM

#3 tsrwright

tsrwright

• 562 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 08:37

Planning to, John.

DN has kindly given me a press contact which should do the trick.

#4 tsrwright

tsrwright

• 562 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 22:34

When I telephoned BMW the lady said "'archive', vot is archive?"  Seems I was dealing with the main company switchboard and they just didn't know what to do with me.

I went round in circles for several days and even got the same response from the Museum but eventually discovered that what I wanted was BMW Group Archiv which is now based alongside something called BMW Group Classic.

For the record they have just moved into the restored old BMW factory at  Moosacher Strasse 66, not far from the museum and there you can get your 'classic' serviced and there is a very nice coffee shop.

#5 JoBo

JoBo

• 473 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:35

When I telephoned BMW the lady said "'archive', vot is archive?" 

Well, it would be interesting to hear how you would sound when you try to speak German language.

I strongly assme that her English is better than your German.

JoBo

#6 tsrwright

tsrwright

• 562 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 13:38

Yes, my cherman is wrotten.

But seriously, notwithstanding the different pronunciation of the German 'archiv' and the English 'archive' I rather expected the BMW Museum to know what to do with an enquirer who explains he wants to contact the place where all the company papers, drawings and photographs are kept.