Photo

Mobile version and full version

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 MortenF1

MortenF1

• 23,754 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 14:16

A couple of days ago I suddenly experienced that the full version was on, when I was on my phone. Changed to mobile but that change obviously meant for me, the user, so I had mobile on my Mac AS well! Now I have to change on my phone and on my Mac, all the time. How do I get around this?

Advertisement

#2 milestone 11

milestone 11

• 17,434 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 17:45

My laptop defaults to full version always, never see mobile version on that. Iphone and both Fire HD's default every time I come on the site to mobile which I detest, so have to reset every time to full. There again, the Kindles only ever have very basic function on here. No reply options whatsoever. Problems? :lol: you don't know the meaning of the word, ours have been ongoing for two years.

Edited by milestone 11, 19 September 2016 - 17:47.

#3 Marklar

Marklar

• 44,291 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 07:24

Me and others have this issue for months. Not sure if there are any workarounds.

http://forums.autosp...obile-browsers/

#4 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 10,420 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 11:27

I too was bugged by this problem. Then I scrolled to the bottom of the page and used the 'Use Mobile/Full Version' option.

I wasn't too bothered about the couple of seconds which this took up.

;)

#5 MortenF1

MortenF1

• 23,754 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 15:44

If there are ways to free me of that bother - having to always change the Mac to full version, and the phone to mobile and vice versa, of course I'd like to know!
What's especially annoying is that it wasn't like this before! It just decided to be like this a few days ago. 😠

#6 Cacarella

Cacarella

• 1,111 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:36

I know this is an old thread, but this has recently happened to me when I accidentally hit the 'full version' button when on my Android.

Any work around or fix for this yet?

#7 Cacarella

Cacarella

• 1,111 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 21:12

For those having this issue, I fixed it by clearing the cache on my desktop PC.  I believe the previous login was from my Android and was set to Mobile.

#8 AvranaKern

AvranaKern

• 6,409 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:21

On my phone, when I click a thread title, the software will immediately take me to the latest unread message, which is wonderful. However on the full version on my laptop, when I click a thread title, it shows the first message. I'd love to see that mobile feature on the full version, too.

#9 SophieB

SophieB
  • RC Forum Host

• 24,731 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:23

On my phone, when I click a thread title, the software will immediately take me to the latest unread message, which is wonderful. However on the full version on my laptop, when I click a thread title, it shows the first message. I'd love to see that mobile feature on the full version, too.

That's odd. Do you see a little black circle (or star) to the left of the title on the full version? Clocking the star or circle should do what you want, take you to the latest unread (by you) posts.

#10 AvranaKern

AvranaKern

• 6,409 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:26

That's odd. Do you see a little black circle (or star) to the left of the title on the full version? Clocking the star or circle should do what you want, take you to the latest unread (by you) posts.

Dear me, I didn't know that feature. Thanks!

#11 SophieB

SophieB
  • RC Forum Host

• 24,731 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:31

Dear me, I didn't know that feature. Thanks!

No problem. It's back stars for threads you've posted in, black circles for threads you've read but not posted in, btw.

#12 turssi

turssi

• 3,368 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:53

For the love of God, remove that 'Full Version' button sitting between the virtual keyboard and 'Add Reply' button.

Many a post have been lost due to this mobile layout, and I'm sure not all of then deserved that fate.