Motorsport Manager game PC

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 g1n

g1n

• 894 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 01:57

This game is out now,

If you liked GPM2 or, its worse cousin GPW, - you WILL LOVE this game, it is fantastic, a true successor to Grand Prix Manager 2! :clap:

Advertisement

#2 markelov74

markelov74

• 3,040 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 20:02

Can we edit the driver's name to the real life F1 drivers?

#3 Augurk

Augurk

• 2,881 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 22:57

What makes this game as great as GPM2? That game has so many good memories I don't want to spoil it by expecting something like it.  :yawnface:

#4 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 7,692 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 04:23

It is surprisingly good. There are quite a few things that clearly are there due to this originally being a one-man made mobile game, but an amazing platform to build on, and far far better than any of the RTL or Racing Manager games!
There are some things that GPM/GPW did better, but I would say there are aspects of this game that is clearly better as well.

Editor are apparently planned for the game.

#5 rosscamero

rosscamero

• 75 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 13:46

Like everyone else has already stated, this game is excellent and MILES ahead of anything that has been released since GPM2. 

There are a few little tweaks that could be made to make it even better but as a base to work on going forward I am very excited to finally have a Motorsport Management game of this quality at long last.

#6 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 7,692 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 03:12

Real Name mod is ready here

#7 Lotus53B

Lotus53B

• 4,163 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 22:11

Sweet.

To be honest, I'm not too fussed about real names - yet.

When I get good enough not to be sacked halfway through a season, I'll install this mod, and play a season from the start.

Thanks for the link - I've snagged it now, just in case I get inspiration.

#8 Nobody

Nobody

• 1,885 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 23:13

great game imo

If it had a name editor, colour selector for livery and upload advert logos facility, and I would not leave my house

#9 Reinmuster

Reinmuster

• 876 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 16:21

Having read Ross Brawn and Adam Parr's Total Competition book, it helps me to understand the strategy that they used in managing real life F1 team while playing the game...

#10 FullOppositeLock

FullOppositeLock

• 4,237 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 16:13

Is nobody else playing this game? I got it about a week ago at 25% discount and have been pretty much hooked ever since. As a first incarnation it's not completely without faults, but it's proving an excellent way to get us through the F1 off season period. The reviews and comments I've read are pretty good too, so I would have imagined it to have a decent audience here on this forum too...

#11 mahelgel

mahelgel

• 5,112 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 20:42

Is nobody else playing this game? I got it about a week ago at 25% discount and have been pretty much hooked ever since. As a first incarnation it's not completely without faults, but it's proving an excellent way to get us through the F1 off season period. The reviews and comments I've read are pretty good too, so I would have imagined it to have a decent audience here on this forum too...

I bought it on the Steam sale, but haven't gotten around to try it yet (bought a few other games too, and have had a full schedule during the holidays, so almost no time to try the games i bought :) 

Hope to try it out during the weekend though

#12 domhnall

domhnall

• 1,482 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 23:44

I picked it up a few weeks ago along with f1 206. Am switching back and forth between the two games. It really a really fun game, enjoying it a lot. Just finished my second season with ZRT in the bottom tier.

#13 FullOppositeLock

FullOppositeLock

• 4,237 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:27

Season one finished with a bang for Predator in the Euro series with two consecutive wins from its new driver, attracted earlier in the year. The Monza win was just a great display of race pace and tyre conservation although we were lucky to hold out near the end. The final race we were lying in 8th before the final pit stop when I was first to realise the rain would stop so moving to a two-stop allowing us to push the tyres and finish on softs, which ultimately gave us the win, and another top 10 finish for driver #2. Since the last race in Euro has double points that result catapulted us from a hopeless 10th to a very respectable 7th in the constructors' championship. Now in pre-season preparing for a hopefully even better season 2.

The game itself for me strikes a great balance between long term management sim and race weekend tactical suspense. Loving it so far!

#14 babbel

babbel
  • Racing Sims Host

• 2,493 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:32

Slowly building my way into world domination with Predator Racing. It's really good fun

#15 MikeV1987

MikeV1987

• 5,336 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 13:40

Loving this game, I have a cast covering my hand atm so I can't play any racing games but this is giving me my race fix in a different sort of way.

#16 MikeV1987

MikeV1987

• 5,336 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 13:58

You can now create your own team, that update is free. There is also a GT expansion but it costs around $10 (CDN).

Addicted to this game.