- - - - -

Hungarian GP 2018

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jovanotti

Jovanotti

• 6,165 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 12:21

So despite the dawn of the Halo, I'm planning to attend next year's GP in Budapest. I know the thread is quite early, but ticket sales opened already and I wanna make sure to buy them with early bird discount. I browsed the existing threads, but two questions remained:

- I'll probably go for a grandstand at the last corner, i.e. Question is: Silver 3, Silver 4, or 3 Combo (Friday Gold 1/Saturday Super Gold/Sunday Red Bull)

Spoiler

- Is there really no way around the 30 min. walk from the train station to the track? Seeing that there is free parking for ticket holders, would it even make sense to rent a car to get there?

Any advice is much appreciated!

Edited by Jovanotti, 06 September 2017 - 12:21.

Advertisement

#2 balage06

balage06

• 730 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:52

- Is there really no way around the 30 min. walk from the train station to the track? Seeing that there is free parking for ticket holders, would it even make sense to rent a car to get there?

Usually, the organizers provide free direct bus lines for ticket holders. The two usual lines are between 'Árpád híd' station (Budapest city center) and the track, and also between 'Mogyoród' HÉV (suburban railway) station and the Hungaroring. I think those lines are still the best options because the traffic jam can be horrible around the circuit at sunday morning, but the buses get special treatment from the police. :D

Edited by balage06, 10 September 2017 - 10:55.

#3 Jovanotti

Jovanotti

• 6,165 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 13:58

Usually, the organizers provide free direct bus lines for ticket holders. The two usual lines are between 'Árpád híd' station (Budapest city center) and the track, and also between 'Mogyoród' HÉV (suburban railway) station and the Hungaroring. I think those lines are still the best options because the traffic jam can be horrible around the circuit at sunday morning, but the buses get special treatment from the police. :D

Cheers! So these buses stop right at the track?

#4 king_crud

king_crud

• 3,868 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 19:02

We got a bus from city centre, it was a very rural route and dropped us down the hill from turn 1, about a ten min walk to the circuit.

Going home we always got a cab, they have a set rate for the grand prix, I think it was about the equivalent of £30, which was fine for us as we had a group of 5 people.

Grandstand wise I wish I'd bought bronze 2 as I think it had the best view, last turn looked this too. GA is not too bad, but don't do gold 4: expensive and only a view of turn 1

#5 Ragnar668

Ragnar668

• 1,440 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:06

Silver 4 tickets last year, very nice view, you can see them coming (from silver 5)

VIP parking in case you rent a car, takes you up to the grandstands and they let you through.
after the race you´ll wish you parked at the entrance  :)

#6 JosefStatin2

JosefStatin2

• 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 09:40

Morning all, newbie here, I have seen the Hungary race 5 times, my only observation regarding the buses are that they can be unbelieveably hot and stuffy (saw someone faint on one the other year), for this reason we always take the train and walk - there is a bar halfway, if you fancy a water/beer break, although it takes a bit longer, have found this to be my preferred journey. Be careful if you get startline tickets, the stewards were useless last year, I missed the start, as they had just allowed anybody/their mates to come in and stand on the steps, totally unacceptable. Other than those points, you'll have a great time!

#7 CrashPad

CrashPad

• 355 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 18:00

Grandstand wise I wish I'd bought bronze 2 as I think it had the best view, last turn looked this too. GA is not too bad, but don't do gold 4: expensive and only a view of turn 1

Really?

I am probably going to buy tickets for next years race and I was actually making my decision between the Bronze 2 and Gold 4.

Looking at some videos from YouTube, the Gold 4 seems really good for watching the race start, and I was thinking that it might be a good place to see at least some overtaking. You don't think that is the case?

The Bronze 2 is crazy cheap and offers a nice view of several corners, but I was just wondering if I want to sit there because overtaking is most likely be absent in that part of the track.

Thoughts, anyone?  :)