Will Kubica get the Williams drive?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 NorthEast

NorthEast

• 176 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 12:45

I still think this will happen. 

Various reasons, one of which is the value he will bring in terms of exposure.

My overriding thought is that there will be a movie / documentary made, highlighting his incredible comeback and everything he has gone through to get here. How much realistically could something like this gross? (20/30/40/50 million??).

If Williams deal with the situation correctly and commission the movie, they will stand to earn a fortune.... way more than RK or SS are allegedly going to bring to the team.

I came across this on twitter earlier (not sure how accurate, but seems legit).

Abanana Advertising Agency just calculated that Robert Kubica's content in social media since 15th October till 19th December is worth $1 589 497. #Kubica was mentioned 714k times in this period. Since July, it's around $2 500 000. #supportKubica

The above is social media alone! And he hasn't even signed yet!

And yes, I am aware that there was a couple of Kubica threads closed already, but this simply isn't going away and Williams have not stated he is out of the running, so I think it's appropriate to have another one, whilst at least there is still fresh news everyday.

Edited by NorthEast, 19 December 2017 - 12:46.

Advertisement

#2 pacificquay

pacificquay

• 6,298 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 12:50

He's been told he is not in the running.

So, no.

#3 worsic

worsic

• 42 posts

Oh my god when will this stop. I was always a huge Robert fan but then again he wasn't all that fast on the testing, and it is sad to see a team with that history picking up peanuts and paydrivers...

#4 Steve99

Steve99

• 749 posts

1: do we need another thread about Kubica? 2: Williams is a racing team, and an engineering firm, not a film production company.

#5 ConsiderAndGo

ConsiderAndGo

• 9,921 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 12:52

Kubica threads....

Kubica threads everywhere!

It’s been ruled out, and there’s no other news... hopefully mods get this closed down ASAP.

Edited by ConsiderAndGo, 19 December 2017 - 12:52.

#6 NorthEast

NorthEast

• 176 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 12:53

1. yes - I think we do. There is a hell of a lot of interest and the original thread was closed, much to some people's dismay.

2. Williams are a very successful company, which spans many engineering spectrums. I was simply stating that they could commission a movie and reap teh financial reward. Lets face it, if he comes back, someone will make a movie and a profit - why not them?

1: do we need another thread about Kubica? 2: Williams is a racing team, and an engineering firm, not a film production company.

#7 thuGG

thuGG

• 2,177 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 12:53

It wasn't ruled out by Williams, there is not a single word from them.

I think it's unlikely but not 0%.

#8 NorthEast

NorthEast

• 176 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 12:54

Hi, Can you provide a link confirming this please?

He's been told he is not in the running.

So, no.

#9 PedroDiCasttro

PedroDiCasttro

• 2,633 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 12:55

Autosport claimed that. :rotfl:

Williams, on the other hand, said nothing.

Maybe Zak Brown isn't a fan of Kubica, who knows... :drunk:

Edited by PedroDiCasttro, 19 December 2017 - 12:56.

#10 wingwalker

wingwalker

• 7,238 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 12:57

Autosport reported he has been said he is out, various sources close to him confirmed that, so...

#11 pacificquay

pacificquay

• 6,298 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 13:00

It was on autosport last week.

I think a lot of people on here are very naive, in that they don't believe things until officially announced.

It was clearly a controlled leak from Williams or Kubica, as they are after all the only two who would know for sure.

The article is trustworthy.

#12 thuGG

thuGG

• 2,177 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 13:02

Autosport reported he has been said he is out, various sources close to him confirmed that, so...

Then it was reported by various sources that they're still pushing, management I mean. So...

So it means that we have to wait for Williams annoucement.

Edited by thuGG, 19 December 2017 - 13:04.

#13 statman

statman

• 7,312 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 13:07

oh my god, another topic.

Other one was just closed.

Close this one please!

#14 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 4,763 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 13:15

I don't think he will. But I keep my fingers crossed anyway, since they are supposed to be fighting (i.e. searching for money).

#15 maximilian

maximilian

• 8,124 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 13:18

So every time a Kubica thread gets locked, another new one starts up?  :rolleyes:

#16 Steve99

Steve99

• 749 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 13:19

1. yes - I think we do. There is a hell of a lot of interest and the original thread was closed, much to some people's dismay.

2. Williams are a very successful company, which spans many engineering spectrums. I was simply stating that they could commission a movie and reap teh financial reward. Lets face it, if he comes back, someone will make a movie and a profit - why not them?

1: There are two other threads where you could talk about this, one is even called 'who will get the second williams seat' or something very similar.

2: Again, Williams is not a film production company. Whoever makes the film you are sure will be made will reap the rewards, not a racing team.

#17 SophieB

SophieB
  • RC Forum Host

• 24,859 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 13:20

Please do not reopen/recreate threads after they've been closed. If people feel there's a chance for Robert Kubica to get the second seat at Williams, it can discussed in the existing thread about that.

http://forums.autosp...-5#entry8208556