- - - - -

Assetto Corsa Competizione

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 learningtobelost

learningtobelost

• 1,045 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 14:27

Assetto Corsa Competizione, the new official game of the BLANCPAIN GT SERIES, an official grand touring racing series, named after world-renowned Swiss watch manufacture Blancpain and organized by SRO Motorsports Group, will be speeding onto Steam Early Access this summer.

Featuring an extraordinary level of simulation quality that allows players to experience the unique atmosphere of this GT3 Series, players can compete against official drivers, teams, cars and circuits with the highest level of accuracy and attention to detail.

Taking full advantage of Unreal Engine 4, Assetto Corsa Competizione will ensure the highest quality rendering with photorealistic weather conditions and graphics to reach a new standard in driving realism and immersion racing. Players will experience highspeed torque as they get behind the wheel of luxurious speedsters including Ferraris, Lamborghinis, McLarens and many other prestigious GT cars reproduced with an outstanding level of detail. Motion capture technology is used to create the animations of mechanics and drivers in an even more realistic fashion and guarantee a high level of player engagement during races, pit stops and driver changes.

In the final version of the game, players can expect advanced multiplayer functionality with Assetto Corsa Competizione, including a ranking system which will evaluate individual performance and driving behavior to reward the most virtuous drivers and promote fair play in online competitions.

Edited by learningtobelost, 21 February 2018 - 14:27.

Advertisement

#2 Victor_RO

Victor_RO
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,119 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 14:41

As long as the physics and feel from the original game are kept and improved on, I'm sold.  :clap:

#3 learningtobelost

learningtobelost

• 1,045 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 15:02

As long as the physics and feel from the original game are kept and improved on, I'm sold.  :clap:

Totally. I recall some chatter about the unreal engine having its own physics engine. So, it's not immediately obvious if Kunos would be able to port the physics over in a like for like manner. Such questions are well beyond my pay grade though. 

In a way, being limited to GT3 could be considered a bit of a disappointment. However, if Kunos manage to pull off what is being promised, this will be a hell of a title. I'm definitely on the hype train.

#4 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 11,192 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 18:21

With PS4 version of Assetto Corsa I'm happy with all but one thing. You cannot really change strenght of forcefeedback of wheel and it's very weak. I hope they will fix it for existing game and new  A C Competizione.

#5 V8 Fireworks

V8 Fireworks

• 10,491 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 18:27

A new game?

I hope they adopt the physics based lighting of GT Sport as the other games look less photo-realistic compared to GT Sport due to lacking this, IMO. (Even though the models are detailed, the unrealistic looking lighting spoils the photo-realism. :) )

Edited by V8 Fireworks, 21 February 2018 - 18:28.

#6 learningtobelost

learningtobelost

• 1,045 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 19:56

With PS4 version of Assetto Corsa I'm happy with all but one thing. You cannot really change strenght of forcefeedback of wheel and it's very weak. I hope they will fix it for existing game and new  A C Competizione.

You can fully adjust the force feedback settings on all versions of Assetto Corsa, including PS4. 

#7 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 11,192 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 21:27

You can fully adjust the force feedback settings on all versions of Assetto Corsa, including PS4. 

As full force feedback, feeling is still very weak. Like driving on ice. I don't like it.

#8 learningtobelost

learningtobelost

• 1,045 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:11

As full force feedback, feeling is still very weak. Like driving on ice. I don't like it.

What wheel are you using? When I moved from PS4 to PC around a year ago I didn't notice a difference. 

#9 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 11,192 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 10:13

Logitech G29.

Forcefeedback is much more weaker than my real powersteered El Camino has.

#10 boomn

boomn

• 272 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 19:37

Logitech G29.

Forcefeedback is much more weaker than my real powersteered El Camino has.

I don't think the G29 can ever match the strength of a real car.  To do that you need a $1000+ "direct drive" wheel.  Some of those are strong enough to break your wrists in a crash!

#11 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 11,192 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 21:41

However, the force is much weaker with Assetto Corsa than in Project Cars 1, 2 and Dirt Rally.  (I have no other driving games to test it)

#12 gilez

gilez

• 171 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:55

Totally. I recall some chatter about the unreal engine having its own physics engine. So, it's not immediately obvious if Kunos would be able to port the physics over in a like for like manner. Such questions are well beyond my pay grade though. 

In a way, being limited to GT3 could be considered a bit of a disappointment. However, if Kunos manage to pull off what is being promised, this will be a hell of a title. I'm definitely on the hype train.

Stefano, the lead programmer, said one of the few things that could be carried over to ACC from AC is the physics engine, and even said that now it's full 64 bit math (I have no idea what that means, but he is quite proud about it so it must be something cool).http://www.assettoco...s-ac-acc.49142/

The general opinion is that this is just a first step towards AC 2: they can focus on a limited amount of cars/tracks and work on the new features instead: night, rain, online championship, new graphics etc. Eventually this can be applied to a more comprehensive title which includes road cars etc.

The great thing is that ACC will be available in Early Access in just about 4 months, so I better get some mileage in the GT3 cars!

Edited by gilez, 23 February 2018 - 03:38.

#13 learningtobelost

learningtobelost

• 1,045 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 10:37

For those that aren't aware, an Early Access release of Assetto Corsa Competizione was made available on Steam last night - I'm very impressed thus far. There's some work to do, particularly with optimisation, and of course there are the usual bugs you would expect with an early access release... but all in all, it's pretty much everything I had hoped for! 

#14 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 31,688 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 15:50

Really interesting, kind of going full circle on project Cars which is too big and too complicated. by focussing on one series ACC can really refine it. 

#15 MikeV1987

MikeV1987

• 5,522 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 17:33

I'd buy this right now if I could get it on PS4.

#16 Hati

Hati

• 2,406 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 07:30

This is a head scratcher, in theory I like street cars and don't care about race cars but in first game race cars were (perhaps unsurprisingly) so much better to drive on average so I have a feeling that cars in this will be nice to drive.

#17 mahelgel

mahelgel

• 5,155 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 08:24

I will probably fall for the hype and buy the early access... price is pretty low, so it cant be that bad a deal :)

#18 learningtobelost

learningtobelost

• 1,045 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 18:11

I will probably fall for the hype and buy the early access... price is pretty low, so it cant be that bad a deal :)

Indeed. I've got about 20 hours in now, but I'll be taking a bit of a break, as there are only so many times you can lap the Nurburgring GP circuit in a Lambo before it all gets a bit repetitivetive! Still, in three weeks time, we get Misano, the Continental GT3 and VR support.  :love:

#19 mahelgel

mahelgel

• 5,155 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 21:19

So... i tried it :blush:  

Found the lambo to be a bit understeery the first few corners, but getting more neutral after building up some heat in the tyers i guess. Was a bit "flat" driving with my 27" monitor now that i have driven PC2, iRacing, assetto corsa and R3E with VR for a while, but that will only be temporary so i can't really complain. Seemed like there was a bug when i turned off TC and ABS  in the setup screen, but it was still on when i tried driving a few laps (although you can turn it off in-car). Once they where completely off, the car went from ok to drive to impossible :p Probably didn't help that i most likely had cooked the tyers when i turned the aids off though :)

Advertisement

#20 gilez

gilez

• 171 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 11:18

For those interested, 0.6 is out (I think it's 0.6.3 now). I highly recommend trying the rain, very addictive. Multiplayer starts to work fine, I have had a few intense races so far. Getting good.

#21 gilez

gilez

• 171 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 15:04

1.0 coming on May 29. 0.7.2 is already good, multiplayer starts being clean with all the rating system and the penalties in place. It's not F1 but to me it's really good stuff.

#22 Dan333SP

Dan333SP

• 2,836 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 16:22

How is the CPU usage on this? I have AC and enjoy it, but when I have more than 20 cars on screen I run into a CPU bottleneck that slows everything down to a crawl. Is this about the same?

#23 balage06

balage06

• 995 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 18:29

How is the CPU usage on this? I have AC and enjoy it, but when I have more than 20 cars on screen I run into a CPU bottleneck that slows everything down to a crawl. Is this about the same?

Yeah, even worse in fact. :(

#24 stenovitz

stenovitz

• 90 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 10:45

Well, afraid I had the same experience but throught it was b/c I used the SOL-mod (real weather + realtime sun/moon location on hemisphere), so I ditched it before christmas again.

But I tried it yesterday with standard sky - it's actually OK here when I stay with 1 class, eg. 24 Porsche 911 GT2 2017 at Interlagos, but when I try different retro mods for e.g. Targa Florio track mod, fps are very low - in contrast to Assetto Corsa mixed classes at Targa Florio (My PC = GFX: Sapphire Nitro RX580 8GB GDDR5, CPU: Intel i5-4660T, RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHZ) 

(In fact I returned to GTR2 10th Anniversary HQ mod and other GTR2 mods - night and day simulation for endurance racing is still better here, though now 13 years on  :rotfl:)

Edited by stenovitz, 30 April 2019 - 10:46.