Photo

Brian Culcheth and Graham Robson talk - Monday 12th March - North Bristol **POSTPONED**

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 24,607 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 17:45

I'm very pleased to announce that Brian Culcheth and Graham Robson will be giving a talk to Bristol Pegasus MC on Monday 12th March. The talk will mainly centre around the 1970 World Cup Rally - Graham was one of the event's main organisers and Brian finished in second place driving a Triumph 2.5. The entertainment will include a film of the event. Graham is of course a regular on this forum.

The venue is the BAWA Leisure Centre, 589 Southmead Road, Filton, Bristol BS34 7RG. We're asking people to get there by 7.30 ready for a prompt start at 7.45.

All TNFers are very welcome - please PM me if you need any more details. It should be a great evening.

Advertisement

#2 glyn parham

glyn parham

• 369 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 18:23

That will be a very entertaining evening, don't forget to ask Brian for Mick Jones view of the longest special stage.
Glyn

#3 Allan Lupton

Allan Lupton

• 4,052 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 18:32

Yes they entertained us at a Hertfordshire show in 2015. Definitely recommended! Rod Waller's summary:

cartoon%202.jpg

#4 bradbury west

bradbury west

• 6,098 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 21:46

Be sure to ask them about the Toledo 4wd car used in Rallycross by Brian Culcheth. It was such a logical engineering development , I always thought. He had a couple of good photos of it at Richard's . I always recall the car from period yet some years ago I was rebuked in this place for suggesting such a car existed....
Roger Lund

#5 AAGR

AAGR

• 397 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 21:50

The 4WD Triumph 1300 ? It existed, for sure, and was written off in a big accident on an early rallycross event.

For those who know their Triumphs, it was really an amalgam of 1300 structure, Le Mans Spitfire engine, and 'Pony' four-wheel-drive transmission. Interestingly enough, the front and rear axle/diff ratios were slightly different from each other, but in the mud/snow conditions of rallycross that never seemed to matter ....

Edited by AAGR, 21 February 2018 - 21:52.

#6 sterling49

sterling49

• 10,917 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:20

Be sure to ask them about the Toledo 4wd car used in Rallycross by Brian Culcheth. It was such a logical engineering development , I always thought. He had a couple of good photos of it at Richard's . I always recall the car from period yet some years ago I was rebuked in this place for suggesting such a car existed....
Roger Lund

I well remember this car Roger, quite effective, if a tad ugly, if I may say so! But with the mud that was on the circuits at the time, it hardly mattered!

If it was not so far, I would travel to see again, well worth it, those attending are in for a treat.

Edited by sterling49, 22 February 2018 - 07:31.

#7 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 24,607 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:33

Yer tiz:

e1de44c75b1993fae0d638bf134690f3--runnin

#8 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 24,607 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 20:55

I'm very sorry to have to announce that this event has had to be postponed due to unforeseen circumstances. We hope to reschedule it in the autumn. Sincere apologies to anyone who was planning to attend, and to Graham and Brian for having to call them off so late in the day.