- - - - -

Your Ideal Formula E Calendar?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#51 Vielleicht

Vielleicht

• 3,277 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 15:46

While I get Formula E's idea of taking racing to cities, I'd like to see a couple more permanent circuits now that the cars are a bit faster. There's some lovely circuits out there that might suit the sill relatively slow FE cars.

Yeah sounds fun. I guess all you need is to map out a route on google maps (or other online map of your choice).

I think they can certainly get away with more visits to circuits which sit within city limits. The critera seems to be more that it's close to a city center than that it is a temporary track. Hermanos Rodriguez of course is one of those, but also the likes of Buenos Aires, Portland, Imola and IMS to name a few could also be eligible should FE decide to visit more permanent facilities without diluting the ethos of bringing the racing to the people.

Fab on the competition side. Thought a little more and I think the best time for it might be after the Season 6 calendar is revealed... That way there's interest and people wouldn't unwittingly design a circuit that FE thought up simultaneously. I'll put that one on the to do list for now.

Advertisement

#52 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • RC Forum Host

• 16,766 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 16:32

I think they can certainly get away with more visits to circuits which sit within city limits. The critera seems to be more that it's close to a city center than that it is a temporary track. Hermanos Rodriguez of course is one of those, but also the likes of Buenos Aires, Portland, Imola and IMS to name a few could also be eligible should FE decide to visit more permanent facilities without diluting the ethos of bringing the racing to the people.

Fab on the competition side. Thought a little more and I think the best time for it might be after the Season 6 calendar is revealed... That way there's interest and people wouldn't unwittingly design a circuit that FE thought up simultaneously. I'll put that one on the to do list for now.

I'll be happy for you to start a thread whenever, but the odds of someone picking the same road layout in the same city as FE is pretty small, don't you think?

#53 Muppetmad

Muppetmad

• 5,497 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 16:54

I think anybody who can design a circuit layout identical to one subsequently used by FE should win the competition immediately!

#54 Vielleicht

Vielleicht

• 3,277 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 17:17

Both very fair points.

#55 Anja

Anja

• 3,295 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 17:23

I have a feeling that a lot of entrants would design the circuit in their local, shall we say "not necessarily high enough profile for FE to target", area anyway   ;)