Photo

Brands Hatch Masters Superprix 2019

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Martyn Hey

Martyn Hey

• 153 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 13:12

Posting a short clip of cars from Sunday; nice to see Oz cars in attendance - Tony Longhurst Sierra, Bib Stillwell Brabham and an Elfin T300.

https://youtu.be/2rVbxBQMuOg

Edited by Martyn Hey, 01 July 2019 - 13:16.

Advertisement

#2 Belmondo

Belmondo

• 210 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 13:55

I've a feeling Bib Stillwell actually raced at this meeting (Gulf Mirage) in the late '80s/early '90s. Could be wrong.

#3 mariner

mariner

• 2,334 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 08:25

I love Brands as viewing circuit but one weakness for Historic racing is that all the very best cars are kept in the pits area, inaccessible to the general public except for brief "pit walk " times.

In that respect Silverstone, Donington etc are better if you love studying the cars like me.As it is I can only look at the YT video in envy!

#4 geordiecraig101

geordiecraig101

• 109 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 09:15

That's one thing I've never found, yes the pit garages are a bit harder to get to than other circuits but they are just as open and accessible to look around if a bit short on space at times.

Anyways here's my vid from Saturday if anyone interested:

https://youtu.be/pWF6i4wGS9g

#5 mistakenplane

mistakenplane

• 46 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 09:41

I love Brands as viewing circuit but one weakness for Historic racing is that all the very best cars are kept in the pits area, inaccessible to the general public except for brief "pit walk " times.

In that respect Silverstone, Donington etc are better if you love studying the cars like me.As it is I can only look at the YT video in envy!

It may not have been the case this year (I was not there) but aside from perhaps the BTCC, the pits are always accessible. Obviously you can't walk down the pit lane side, but there is seldom any problem with walking over and looking in the rear of the garages.