Photo

Brian Kreisky South Africa Footage

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 alexshore

alexshore

• 10 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 11:23

I’m looking for a film made by Brian Kreisky, I think called “Survival” about the 1972 Springbok Sportscar Trophy. It’s for a documentary about Gerry Birrell who won the series that year.

Any help or pointer to where this might be or any member of Brian’s family that may be around that could have that footage would be very helpful!

Advertisement

#2 bradbury west

bradbury west

• 6,098 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 11:37

Hitching a ride on your thread and post, might I ask if anyone knows the relevant contact for permission to use a couple of Kreisky Archive photographs, which have recently come my way, for my own research project?.
Many thanks
Roger Lund
DRW Marque historian

#3 SamoanAttorney

SamoanAttorney

• 397 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 08:36

A long way back in time, a number of Kreisky's team set up Greenlight TV, based in the Isle of Man.

They have been very successful since, and if anyone knows where to find the archive material it is likely to be them.

http://greenlight.tv

jb 

#4 bradbury west

bradbury west

• 6,098 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 10:34

Many thanks.
Roger Lund.

#5 barrykm

barrykm

• 808 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 16:21

I’m looking for a film made by Brian Kreisky, I think called “Survival” about the 1972 Springbok Sportscar Trophy. It’s for a documentary about Gerry Birrell who won the series that year.

Any help or pointer to where this might be or any member of Brian’s family that may be around that could have that footage would be very helpful!

Now that will be interesting, I would love to see it.

#6 bradbury west

bradbury west

• 6,098 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 23:11

Alexshore, have you tried to contact Marius Matthee, of this parish aka hieronymous? He is usually our go to man for stuff in South Africa etc, or the authors of books on Kyalami . They may have a file copy. Enquiries via S African motor clubs , magazines, or newspapers may also be fruitful.
Good luck
Roger Lund

#7 alexshore

alexshore

• 10 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 17:44

I haven’t but I will, thank you very much for the heads up!