Photo

Exmouth Motor Club

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RCH

RCH

• 1,140 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 12:21

Does anyone have any information on the history of Exmouth Motor Club? Particularly when it was founded. Committee meeting yesterday was of the opinion that it was around in the late 1930's but they would like to know for sure.

Advertisement

#2 Rupertlt1

Rupertlt1

• 3,059 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 12:47

EXMOUTH MOTOR CLUB.

OPENING RUN AWARDS.

About fifteen riders took part in the first road trial of the newly-formed Withycombe Raleigh Motor Cycle and Light Car Club on Sunday.

Exeter and Plymouth GazetteWednesday 14 May 1930

EXMOUTH MOTOR CYCLE CLUB

After a lapse of about two years, Exmouth Motor Cycle and Light Car Club has been reformed through the efforts of Messrs. F. T. Webber, Bernard Perry, and C. Crutchley. It is intended to have regular runs, hill climbs, and trials, the first will commence from Littleham Cross on May 4 at 6.30 p.m.

Western Morning News, Monday 24 April 1933

The Otter Vale Club started the season with a speed-judging test over an interesting course arranged by Mr. G. Blackmore. The event received good support and a number of Exmouth Motor Club members also competed. Results:—1, S. Oborn (O.K. Supreme); 2, W. Shelton (Scott) ; 3, W. Wilson (Panther).

Western Times, Friday 27 April 1934

RGDS RLT 

Edited by Rupertlt1, 16 March 2020 - 14:40.

#3 RCH

RCH

• 1,140 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 14:31

Thanks for that.

#4 russskinner

russskinner

• 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2023 - 14:15

Hi

My name is Russell Skinner and my father was secretary of the club in the late 40s and early 50s and i have a lot of photos of the club activities and members of that era  who can i pass them  on to i also have two small trophy's that were given out by the club in the 50s.

My job with the club was to deliver the notifications of future activities to the members houses.

R K Skinner 

#5 RCH

RCH

• 1,140 posts

Posted 05 January 2023 - 09:51

Hi Russell, thanks for your message, I have sent you a PM.