Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Hamilton: F1 stewards "trying to stop me" with penalties

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
826 replies to this topic

Poll: Hamilton: F1 stewards "trying to stop me" with penalties (340 member(s) have cast votes)

Hamilton: 'F1 stewards "trying to stop me" with penalties'

1. True (78 votes [22.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.94%

2. False (262 votes [77.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 77.06%

Should he have been given one penalty or two?

1. One penalty of 5 seconds (65 votes [19.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.12%

2. Penalty per each contravention - 10 seconds (192 votes [56.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.47%

3. None - penalties were bullshit (83 votes [24.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.41%

Vote

#1 NoForumForOldPole

NoForumForOldPole

• 1,232 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 14:56

https://www.motorspo...with-penalties/

Why is he so magnetic to the stewards?

https://www.youtube....h?v=VBPBrJ74C8I

Edited by NoForumForOldPole, 27 September 2020 - 15:17.

Advertisement

#2 Marklar

Marklar

• 44,290 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 14:57

This thread will go well

#3 Heyli

Heyli
  • RC Forum Host

• 8,846 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 14:59

If the stewards were trying to stop him, surely he would''ve just received 4 penalty points now.

#4 jwill189

jwill189

• 2,647 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 15:00

Hamilton's has accumulated 10 penalty points when he's fortunate he doesn't have a race ban.  Maybe he should look in the mirror and stop whining for a change.

#5 NoForumForOldPole

NoForumForOldPole

• 1,232 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 15:01

Hamilton's has accumulated 10 penalty points when he's fortunate he doesn't have a race ban.  Maybe he should look in the mirror and stop whining for a change.

But should he have been given 2 penalties though? It seems a bit harsh.

#6 w00dy

w00dy

• 1,306 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 15:02

I just love the conspiracy theories. Mika Salo received messages from QAnon members during the race. :cat:

#7 jwill189

jwill189

• 2,647 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 15:02

But should he have been given 2 penalties though? It seems a bit harsh.

2 practice starts, 2 penalties.  I don't see what is controversial.  Hamilton should move on and not do it again.

#8 Marklar

Marklar

• 44,290 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 15:03

If the stewards were trying to stop him, surely he would''ve just received 4 penalty points now.

Well, they were going to  :p

#9 Kev00

Kev00

• 4,656 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 15:04

Such a whinging little bitch. Of course they would have penalized any other driver the same way. Except they would probably have given them the penalty points they earned. They saved him a race ban

#10 w00dy

w00dy

• 1,306 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 15:05

A German, a Finn, a Russian and a Barbadian guy decide to eff with Lewis.

You would think this is a joke, but no. Sadly, this is the thinking of a 6 times WDC.

#11 Marklar

Marklar

• 44,290 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 15:06

Such a whinging little bitch. Of course they would have penalized any other driver the same way. Except they would probably have given them the penalty points they earned. They saved him a race ban

Leaving your insults aside I doubt that 4 penalty points for such a extremely minor infregment is what "would have been deserved" for any driver.

Hamilton's accusations in the heat of the moment are not any worse than the narrative that the FIA is actually more lenient to him.

History is even disproving you. On any occasion if a driver approached 12 points the FIA suddenly got more lenient.

Edited by Marklar, 27 September 2020 - 15:08.

#12 Jordan44

Jordan44

• 10,709 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 15:06

https://www.motorspo...with-penalties/

Why is he so magnetic to the stewards?
https://www.youtube....h?v=VBPBrJ74C8I

He got 5 penalty points from 2014 - 2019 so magnetic is probably a bad word - they've all come at once just because of a series of operational errors from both driver & team. It is not helped by the fact we have had half a seasons worth of races in just 3 months. None of them collectively serious enough to warrant a race ban. The window/rule needs reviewing

#13 CSF

CSF

• 2,842 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 15:07

The problem is, no one with a cool head can argue about any of these penalties. I have no idea what he and Mercedes were thinking today, its very clear where you can do practice starts in the drivers handbook, as per the FIA website, and had been the same place for the whole weekend. 19 other cars must have been wrong............. 

#14 Baddoer

Baddoer

• 3,528 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 15:09

Don't breach the rules and you won't take any penalties.

Simple as that.

#15 noikeee

noikeee

• 23,223 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 15:09

I'd give him the 2 extra points for this interview just for the lolz. Fill it under the "putting the sport under disrespute" rule or something.

Look the penalties are harsh and it kinda confuses me why a practice start merits a time penalty, but if you break the rules what do you expect. Go moan at the team if they gave you the okay to do it. I really find it hard to sympathise with this side of Lewis of "they're all persecuting me". He's still got a huge advantage in the championship, just chill.

#16 maximilian

maximilian

• 8,119 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 15:10

Needs a "he's wrong, but the penalties were bullshit anyways" option...

#17 GTA

GTA

• 2,581 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 15:11

90 wins, 6 WDCs and the best machinery any driver has had in the history of F1. 

He still plays the victim card every chance he gets. 

Just another addition :

"Is it because I am black?

"Something or someone doesn't want me to win the title this year"

"Seb hit me deliberately" 

"Ferrari Tactics"

"Stewards trying to stop me" 

It is a shame and disrespectful to others in F1. I am not a fan but even his biggest fans must cringe at these outbursts. 

#18 garoidb

garoidb

• 8,506 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 15:12

I'd give him the 2 extra points for this interview just for the lolz. Fill it under the "putting the sport under disrespute" rule or something.

Look the penalties are harsh and it kinda confuses me why a practice start merits a time penalty, but if you break the rules what do you expect. Go moan at the team if they gave you the okay to do it. I really find it hard to sympathise with this side of Lewis of "they're all persecuting me". He's still got a huge advantage in the championship, just chill.

... and really, not knowing the rules is a bad look. Go and read the rule book (just the bit that pertains to what drivers can and can't do) and all meeting notes. I thought Ron taught him and all McLaren drivers that back in the day.

#19 tourister46a

tourister46a

• 711 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 15:12

Can someone quote the exact rule(s) he breached? How and when did he break them?

Advertisement

#20 FLB

FLB

• 29,883 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 15:13

Max Mosley left the sport in 2009...

#21 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 16,028 posts

Look the penalties are harsh and it kinda confuses me why a practice start merits a time penalty, but if you break the rules what do you expect.

It can easily be a safety issue. And there is enough safety-issues that the Federation of Incompetent Amateurs decided to just hand out a symbolic fine for as it is.

#22 Beri

Beri

• 11,667 posts

Why? Rules state that these penalties are given after such an infringement. I'd say it was correctly given. Albeit being said, why wait 7 laps to hand out the penalties if it was so clear that Hamilton was wrong?

#23 smitten

smitten

• 4,982 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 15:14

Just another addition :

"Ferrari Tactics"

It is a shame and disrespectful to others in F1. I am not a fan but even his biggest fans must cringe at these outbursts. 

Well one of those was a somewhat misguided attempt at humour, and another was 100% factually correct.  So one controversial statement every 2x WDC doesn't seem outwith the bell curve.

#24 Spyker

Spyker

• 1,109 posts

Has anyone watched the press conference?

Even Verstappen was backing Ham on this one.

#25 kosmos

kosmos

• 11,902 posts

Nothing to see here, we all know that he gets nervous and even paranoid when things don't go his way. Too bad nobody is putting pressure on him, rivals or teammate, otherwise we will see more like this.

#26 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 16,028 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 15:15

Can someone quote the exact rule(s) he breached? How and when did he break them?

"19) Practice starts
19.1 Practice starts may only be carried out on the right-hand side after the pit exit lights and, for the avoidance of doubt, this includes any time the pit exit is open for the race. Drivers must leave adequate room on their left for another driver to pass.
19.2 For reasons of safety and sporting equity, cars may not stop in the fast lane at any time the pit exit is open without a justifiable reason (a practice start is not considered a justifiable reason)"

Link to document

#27 Unicast

Unicast

• 2,121 posts

I don't get the point of this thread... He made a mistake, he got penalized, after the race he was speaking non-sense (which sometimes happens even to Hamilton)... I'm sure after he chills and understands what he did wrong he will change his tone.

End of story.

#28 CSF

CSF

• 2,842 posts

Two practice starts outwith of the practice start area. 

#29 ArrowsLivery

ArrowsLivery

• 3,717 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 15:17

How can he complain about anything after having the greatest machinery ever in F1 in an era 100% about the car? He’s being force fed titles by the rule makers and he still has the gall to complain.

#30 FLB

FLB

• 29,883 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 15:17

I don't get the point of this thread... He made a mistake, he got penalized, after the race he was speaking non-sense (which sometimes happens even to Hamilton)... I'm sure after he chills and understands what he did wrong he will change his tone.

End of story.

Fully agreed. We all say stupid stuff when we're angry, sometimes. 

#31 NoForumForOldPole

NoForumForOldPole

• 1,232 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 15:18

Done

#32 w00dy

w00dy

• 1,306 posts

End of story.

Well, he should at least put out the usual "i spoke in the heat of the moment, i believe the stewards represent f1 interests yada-yada" statement, he has people to write this for him.

#33 Unicast

Unicast

• 2,121 posts

How can he complain about anything after having the greatest machinery ever in F1 in an era 100% about the car? He’s being force fed titles by the rule makers and he still has the gall to complain.

LOL

Edited by Unicast, 27 September 2020 - 15:19.

#34 Unicast

Unicast

• 2,121 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 15:19

Fully agreed. We all say stupid stuff when we're angry, sometimes. 

Yup... that was exactly what I meant.

#35 Jordan44

Jordan44

• 10,709 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 15:19

End of story.

No, because there is something much bigger a foot, the race ban is only a matter of time

#36 sennamaster

sennamaster

• 488 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 15:20

Just another addition :

"Ferrari Tactics"

I actually thought he did do it on purpose  :confused:

#37 Unicast

Unicast

• 2,121 posts

No, because there is something much bigger a foot, the race ban is only a matter of time

So he should stay out of trouble... it's not like someone is giving him points for nothing.

#38 Marklar

Marklar

• 44,290 posts

I'm willing to take a bet against you on that one  :p

#39 Jordan44

Jordan44

• 10,709 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 15:21

So he should stay out of trouble... it's not like someone is giving him points for nothing.

Those points don't feel well justified.

Advertisement

#40 Mark521

Mark521

• 531 posts

I am going to assume this is a "heat of the moment" reaction quote.  I fully expect he'll be focused in two weeks time, possibly with a new contract.

Lots of drivers moan about things during/right after a race (of course DR had a more mature reaction today just to show how it should be done :rotfl: ).

#41 P123

P123

• 23,967 posts

Given what the second penalty was for, and the ambiguity around the first, and then an additional sanction of penalty points, I'm tending to think they were a little too focused/ overly keen on totting up the indictments!  Probably why they couldn't be arsed to bother with Leclerc punting Stroll out of the race on lap 1.  They were too busy with other stuff.   ;)

#42 Unicast

Unicast

• 2,121 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 15:22

Those points don't feel well justified.

So what do you suggest? That there is a conspiracy to "stop him"?  :drunk:

#43 GTR

GTR

• 727 posts

As much of a Hamilton supporter, I have to say that he really needs to get his head down, focus on the driving and claim that title asap. It's never be sure until it is done. Too much distractions recently.

#44 smitten

smitten

• 4,982 posts

"19) Practice starts
19.1 Practice starts may only be carried out on the right-hand side after the pit exit lights and, for the avoidance of doubt, this includes any time the pit exit is open for the race. Drivers must leave adequate room on their left for another driver to pass.
19.2 For reasons of safety and sporting equity, cars may not stop in the fast lane at any time the pit exit is open without a justifiable reason (a practice start is not considered a justifiable reason)"

Link to document

Is there a fast lane after pit exit board, or is it only in the pits?

#45 HerbieMcQueen

HerbieMcQueen

• 1,574 posts

I actually thought he did do it on purpose  :confused:

He was talking about the second chicane at Monza I believe, when Vettel ended up spinning after trying to get down the inside of Hamilton. Usual martyrdom from him.

#46 Jordan44

Jordan44

• 10,709 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 15:23

So what do you suggest? That there is a conspiracy to "stop him"? :drunk:

It's proven well beyond a conspiracy at this point that the FIA go after the most successful team.

#47 RekF1

RekF1

• 2,212 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 15:23

Just another addition :

"Ferrari Tactics"

It is a shame and disrespectful to others in F1. I am not a fan but even his biggest
fans must cringe at these outbursts.

I think you've dropped your dog whistle

#48 Huffer

Huffer

• 3,581 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 15:24

As much of a Hamilton supporter, I have to say that he really needs to get his head down, focus on the driving and claim that title asap. It's never be sure until it is done. Too much distractions recently.

Complete agree. I understand that he's probably feeling very frustrated, but he needs to shake that black dog from his thinking, rub some dirt on that wound and move on. 

Edited by Huffer, 27 September 2020 - 15:25.

#49 Unicast

Unicast

• 2,121 posts

It's proven well beyond a conspiracy at this point that the FIA go after the most successful team.

Yes but here we are speaking about a person not a team! I'm sure you can understand the difference.

Yeah, in periods of domination FIA sometimes targets the leading team but never have they targeted drivers. It would be a unacceptable.

Edited by Unicast, 27 September 2020 - 15:25.

#50 Mark521

Mark521

• 531 posts

Given what the second penalty was for, and the ambiguity around the first, and then an additional sanction of penalty points, I'm tending to think they were a little too focused/ overly keen on totting up the indictments!  Probably why they couldn't be arsed to bother with Leclerc punting Stroll out of the race on lap 1.  They were too busy with other stuff.   ;)

Leclerc got the "first lap free pass" on his punt of Stroll.  Maybe Stroll braked unexpectedly thus the free pass too.