Photo
- - - - -

2020 Turkish Grand Prix - how to get to the circuit?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JimmyClark

JimmyClark

• 211 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 12:12

I need to pass through Turkey in mid-November, so I've decided to extend my holiday and take advantage of the good prices for the Turkish Grand Prix. 

The circuit it in the middle of utter nowhere though, and the official site is very thin on information. Does anybody know *how* to actually get there? In the past, were there special buses from central Istanbul to the circuit? (I'm hoping to stay in old town). Or are there public transport routes I should know about? 

Many thanks for any help!

PS Is anybody else here going? 

Advertisement

#2 FTB

FTB

• 115 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 14:25

Okay, this seems like a thread I can answer, since I normally live in Istanbul.

Istanbul Park, is indeed, in the middle of nowhere. There are no metro or train stations near, so you will probably try to get there with bus, or by renting a car. 

By looking at the İETT site ( Some of the info about the metro, bus, tram lines, steamboats etc. are here ), it looks like you have to use multiple transport routes ( if you are going from old town, probably metro-bus-bus, or metro-metro-bus ), it looks like metro-bus-bus is a better option, but mind you that you also have to walk between the transport routes ( Also, the buses have their schedules, so they may not be suitable on the time you want to go there - however at the day of event there may be some extra bus routes ).  ( I took Kapaliçarşi in Beyazit as the starting place )

I would say having a car is the best option if you are staying in the old town.

Hope this helps you.

#3 JimmyClark

JimmyClark

• 211 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 15:43

Thanks for the reply FTB! I don't drive, so the metros and buses will have to be my solution. Hopefully nearer the time I'll find out about special event buses... but otherwise I'll look at the metro routes. 

I love Istanbul old town so I don't really want to stay near the circuit. 

#4 FTB

FTB

• 115 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 20:16

Well, it won't have any spectators due to the COVID-19 situation in Turkey. So, don't forget to take your money back.