Photo

Mallory Park 1961

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DUFFY

DUFFY

• 118 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 15:28

Can any THF member please help me with a programme for Mallory Park, Sunday 23rd July 1961?

If you have one could you please look to see if a Rochdale Olympic is entered, probably in a GT or a Sports Car race?

If there is can I please have the name of the driver and the cars race number.

Thank you.

Tony.

Advertisement

#2 RobMk2a

RobMk2a

• 262 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 18:46

Tony - sadly there no Rochdales in the programme Mallory 23rd July 1961. 

Rob 

#3 bradbury west

bradbury west

• 6,098 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 22:52

As an aside, there are lots of Mallory programmes on e bay, incl lots for motor cycle racing - for those of that preference -  and several have samples of  entry lists, which is quite generous, but far better than those vendors who  show only the cover.  I would prefer it if they posted a list of races, so I can make some sort of guess about whether my researched marque may be represented.

Btw, a year is so back I was gazumped on a sale I had made online for a Mallory programme. It transpired that the circuit had bought a whole batch at a trade day there. When I rang the circuit a  very helpful  person said they were trying to build up an archive for themselves. Perhaps they may make them available for researching some day.

Roger Lund

#4 DUFFY

DUFFY

• 118 posts

Posted 21 March 2021 - 07:39

As an aside, there are lots of Mallory programmes on e bay, incl lots for motor cycle racing - for those of that preference -  and several have samples of  entry lists, which is quite generous, but far better than those vendors who  show only the cover.  I would prefer it if they posted a list of races, so I can make some sort of guess about whether my researched marque may be represented.

Roger Lund

Totally agree with you there, Roger and I would happily pay the vendor a nominal fee for a scan of the front cover and the race page with a Rochdale on it.

Thank you Rob for looking.

It was a bit of a long shot anyway a) I am not sure it is a Rochdale Olympic in the film. b) By July 1961 only 8 Olympics had been built.

But the 2 White ones of the 8 were both been raced by A Arnold and J Wollatt.

Tony.

TNF.jpg

Edited by DUFFY, 21 March 2021 - 08:15.