• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#1 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 62,073 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 23:49

10491_01.jpg

An offseason of mostly following inconclusive Marc Marquez updates has (finally) landed us at MotoGP’s round 1 of 2021, and for that matter with the traditional Philip Island WSBK season-opener being postponed, round 1 of international bike competition full stop. In a sign of the half-measure of normality we get in these times, the season’s starting at Qatar again, but then next weekend they’ll still be there for round 2. Perhaps we should have one thread for both.

Provisional-2021-pre-season-MotoGP-test-

Do I sound unenthusiastic? There’s nothing to be unenthusiastic about. MotoGP last season was a feast of unpredictability, crazy swings in performance, last lap battles, rookie wins, unexpected successes, desperate failings and generally the sort of things that make a very compelling video montage. 14 races yielded up 9 winning riders spread across four brands of motorcycle, none of which were the previously all-conquering Honda. The asterisk of fate being to signify that Marc Marquez, motor sport’s definitive smiling assassin, badly broke his arm in round one while trying to make up ground on the leaders, and despite some tentative attempts at a return that seemed to do him more harm than good, never made it to another starting grid in 2020. Andrea Dovizioso and Ducati, long pegged as “Most Likely To Beat Marquez”, did not rise to the challenge as their relationship disintegrated, and Yamaha’s occasional pace proved deceptive, as Fabio Quartararo faded, Maverick Vinales flickered, Valentino Rossi never shone, and Frankie Morbidelli rather summed up the team’s season by outscoring the three works riders with a year-old bike. Austrian trellis frame fanciers KTM scored three wins and many podiums, but it was ultimately Suzuki, the little Japanese factory powered by dreams and some petrol, who stood to gain from Honda’s catastrophe, with 2017 Moto3 champion Joan Mir securing six podiums and a solitary win, which proved too much for his late-charging teammate Alex Rins and the abovementioned Morbidelli.

2743592.0008.jpg

That was 2020! It was a good year. 2021 will probably be good as well. Series promoter Dorna and the FIM have served up a (provisionally) 19-race calendar, beginning with two rounds in Qatar (now), passing through most of the usual European and Asian stops, including a return of the Finnish Grand Prix (yay!) excluding Brno (boo!), and still including picturesque deathtrap the Red Bull Ring (boo x2!), and rounding off the year with the traditional November finale at the always-uninspiring Valencia circuit. There is also a curious “reserve” round at what is terrifyingly described as a street circuit in Indonesia. Sounds like a intriguing mix of delight and fear to me!

889551-1536x1024.jpg

But let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Round one and two will take place in your second-favourite Middle Eastern petrostate Qatar, who when they’re not building World Cup venues and fostering widespread disillusionment in organized sport, host a decent if poorly-attended motorcycle Grand Prix under big floodlights at Losail. Losail is one of those big and sterile tracks that was built in the 2000s for the purposes of attracting major races, and having snared one in 2004 has held onto it ever since. The track’s silhouette looks a bit like the Wicked Witch of the West mid-melt, which is to say it’s got a long pit straight and three spurs that kind of look like arms and a head. The track surface is grippy and there’s a wide variety of corners, if not a particularly flowing layout, and for some reason Yamaha tend to do well here. The race didn’t take place last year owing to most of the MotoGP field being stuck in Italy as the Coronavirus pandemic got going, but the intermediate and junior classes were already there for a test, and did race, yielding up victories for Tetsuta Nagashima and eventual Moto3 champion Albert Arenas respectively.

When’s the thing getting underway? Practice is on Friday between 1.50pm and 8.45pm (local time, subtract 3 hours for GMT) and after an afternoon of practice on Saturday, qualifying takes place at 5.30pm (Moto3), 6.25pm (Moto2) and 8pm (MotoGP). Sunday afternoon sees warm-up sessions for the three classes, and then races at the following times:

5pm: Moto3

6.20pm: Moto2
8pm: MotoGP

Don’t ask me what that’s going to be on Sunday because the clocks are going forward and I am hopeless.

2021-qatar-motogp-test-results-day-five-

So, that’s (roughly) when it’s happening. Who will be happening? See below. As I said, six manufacturers, organized roughly in order of how they did in 2020.

Suzuki

Don’t change a winning formula. World champion Joan Mir isn’t even taking the #1 plate for this year, which depending on your point of view is either wise or indicative of insufficient self-belief. Ostensible team leader Alex Rins is also back for another year on the metallic blue bikes, and presumably is one of the few people on the grid hoping for a return of the happier times of 2019 (well, on-track at least). One enforced change was the loss of team boss Davide Brivio, who is F1-bound (more on that, er, elsewhere).

Yamaha

Minor changes to a formula that wins occasionally, but not sufficiently. The exotically named Maverick Vinales is back for a fifth year with the Yamaha factory squad, and lighting a fire under him (or so goes the plan) will be 2020’s near-protagonist Fabio Quartararo. Again, expect them to be evenly matched. Unlike Suzuki, Yamaha have a customer team, operated by Petronas and confusingly the Sepang circuit. Franco Morbidelli, who’s been in MotoGP longer than Quartararo, will be joined in the Petronas team by Valentino Rossi, who’s been in MotoGP longer than it’s been called MotoGP.

Ducati

To lose one works rider may be regarded as a misfortunate, but to lose both looks like… ambition? The Bologna team is betting on that being the case. Regular front-runner Andrea Dovizioso has left for retirement, or perhaps testing Aprilias, and wingman Danilo Petrucci has departed in the transalpine way for KTM. Expediently, their B-team, Jack Miller and Francesco Bagnaia, have been promoted to replace them. Both are talented but they have a single premier class Grand Prix win between them. The B-team, Pramac Racing, is being replenished by exciting journeyman Johann Zarco and debutant Jorge Martin. Those four are on 2021-spec bikes – Ducati also have a second customer team, Esponsorama Racing, running 2019 bikes for newcomers Luca Marini and Enea Bastianini. Marini and Bastianini actually outscored the Covid-struck Martin in Moto2 last year, so the size of the chip on their collective shoulder can be safely imagined. Still, it’s a shop window of sorts: Pramac’s Johann Zarco brought his career out of the dustbin of history with eye-catching rides on Esponsorama’s superannuated machines.

KTM

The Austrians ranked as a major surprise last year but are reportedly struggling with their 2021-spec equipment. Another bone of uncertainty is the loss of their lead rider, former prodigy Pol Espargaro. Brad Binder and Miguel Oliveira, prodigies of a more recent vintage and, significantly, premier class winners, will be attempting to make up the difference. KTM also have a B-team, run by the French Tech 3 squad and presumably underwritten by the Austrians and Red Bull. They’ve picked up ex-Ducati man Danilo Petrucci to go alongside somewhat unknown quantity Iker Lecuona.

Honda

World champions every season but two from 2011-19, the manufacturer’s challenge essentially ended after Marc Marquez (previously responsible for six of those championships) crashed badly at the first round in Jerez. We are promised more Marc in 2021, but he won’t be ready for Qatar so it’ll be last year’s stand-in Stefan Bradl for now. He’s joined in the factory Repsol team by Pol Espargaro, who spent four years with KTM before leaving as they were getting good. The LCR B-team is stocked by 2020 returnees Alex Marquez (brother of Marc) and Takaaki Nakagami (had a good first half-dozen corners at Aragon). Cal Crutchlow, whose year was debilitated by injuries in less spectacular fashion to Marquez, has gone to retirement, or testing Yamahas.

Aprilia

Finally, the little Italian factory who I still associate with building a 410cc bike for the 500cc class because who needs that last 20 percent of displacement anyway, Aprilia! The Piaggio Group’s Grand Prix division will start 2021 in the shadow of the death of team manager Fausto Gresini, who helped bring the Noale manufacturer back to the premier class in 2015 but died of Covid-19 this February. The team has two bikes: MotoGP’s other great journeyman Aleix Espargaro (brother of Pol) rides one, and former World Superbike guy Lorenzo Savadori takes the second bike that in another universe is occupied by Andrea Iannone, who is in this timeline banned for a doping violation. They've gone well in testing, so keep an eye on them when practice begins.

That's it! Enjoy!

Advertisement

#2 LucaP

LucaP

• 1,478 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 00:43

YES

#3 sportyskells

sportyskells

• 4,894 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 07:33

I can help with the time of lights out for motogp fans in the UK as there is a map of the world that has time on it, in this case 6.00pm bst

#4 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 18,231 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 07:52

Great op, finally MotoGp has its own race thread!! :up: :up:

#5 messy

messy

• 7,503 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 08:44

I really hope Aprilia do well this year. Always liked them, and Aleix Espargaro. If there's one long suffering combo on the grid who I'd like to see turn things round, it's them. Yeah, I know they treated Sam Lowes like dirt, but nobody's perfect. They've been looking really good in testing, but I'm always pretty skeptical because 1. It was the same last year, and 2. They always seem to go better at Losail than at other tracks. So who knows? But Aleix Espargaro is seriously overdue a bit of a change of fortune. He gets his head down, works, tests, races well and repeat and repeat and repeat but rarely gets a sniff of any real pay-off for that. I bet he'd sell his Grandmother for another shot on a Forward Yamaha with its sticky qualifying tyres....

KTM are the ones I'm really looking at because they went from being in the bottom end of the top ten at best to three wins last year not to mention Pol Espargaro finishing third at what felt like every other race. Binder and Oliveira in the factory team, now that's exciting. I rate Brad a little higher, I think he's probably got a tiny bit more natural talent and potential - but Oliveira took two wins last year including that dominant home win from pole....both of them are seriously impressive. Lecuona will be interesting to watch in season two, too. He did the typical MotoGP rookie thing last year of missing races and not really getting anywhere near a result while at the same time flashing real speed (which to be fair is what Rins and Mir did in their rookie seasons too, now look at them go). But I tell you what, I don't like the new Tech3 livery much, and I loved the 2019/20 colours, boo.

Ducati will be really interesting too. Lots of people seem to have Miller down as favourite, we'll see. He's certainly become much more consistent. But I'm going with Rins this year I think. Or Marquez, if he's as goiod as he used to be and doesn't let the others get too much of a headstart. 

#6 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 62,073 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 09:00

I can help with the time of lights out for motogp fans in the UK as there is a map of the world that has time on it, in this case 6.00pm bst

Please post it if you can!

#7 paulb

paulb

• 11,274 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 09:29

"superannuated", wow!

Should be a highlight of a great weekend of racing.

#8 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 62,073 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 09:32

Esponsorama Racing is one of my all-time favourite racing team names.

#9 Ragingjamaican

Ragingjamaican

• 1,001 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 09:39

Who's seen as the favourite for the championship minus Marquez? 

#10 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 62,073 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 10:13

Your guess is as good as mine! We've only seen the bikes testing all together in Qatar this year, and while it was Aprilia, Yamaha and Ducati who were quickest, most were experimenting with aero parts (the current fashion in MotoGP, if only to keep the bikes on the ground given their prodigious horsepower). And the Qatar circuit is notoriously poor at predicting the order of the season: imagine if F1 did all its preseason testing at Melbourne.

Bike development has a handicap system in MotoGP meaning that the more success you have, the less you're allowed to update engine and chassis during the year. There's also been an F1-style effort to get teams to stick with their 2020 machinery as far as possible, although I believe this mostly refers to the engines. So owing to their results in the last few years, Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki and Ducati will be using the engines that were frozen in 2020. KTM, who had a major breakthrough last year and won three races, have been allowed to develop a new engine for 2021, but that will be frozen after the first race. Aprilia, who haven't achieved anything of note since returning to MotoGP in 2015, will still be allowed to develop their engine throughout the year, and will get to use 9 engines per rider instead of the 7 that everyone else gets.

This is by way of saying that Aprilia have certain inbuilt advantages and their testing pace may not be a complete mirage. But to answer your original question, the bikes are very close in performance and the difference will be made by 1. whose bike can handle a wide variety of tracks (advantage Suzuki, trouble for Yamaha and KTM) and 2. the quality and maturity of the rider. I think Suzuki have the two best non-Marquez riders so absent Marc, they are my favourites for the season. I'm not totally convinced by Miller and Bagnaia for Ducati, but I think Pol Espargaro is ready for a big year so Honda may at last have a second horse in the race.

#11 OvDrone

OvDrone

• 16,219 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 10:57

Are we doing MotoGP OPs now ?! YESSSS please.

Wonderful initiative and opening salvo, Risil; Thank You.

I cannot describe to you in any poetic and abstract terms my level of surreal hype for this race and overall racing weekend.

Will constantly be on the MotoGP official site to make sure I and we get the starting time right.

Let the madness begin again.

#12 KevR

KevR

• 459 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 11:16

Thanks for the race thread Risil, there definitely should be one for each race.

As for predictions, I have a sneaky feeling Yamahas will be very strong in Qatar, meaning Viñales, Quartararo, Morbidelli fighting at the front. Hopefully Miller and Bagnaia and maybe Espargaro can spoil their party. Will have to rely on watching replays I guess, as all streaming options seem to be way too expensive..

#13 JHSingo

JHSingo

• 8,975 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 11:44

If this season is even a fraction as good as last year's, then we're in for another cracking year! Rarely have I enjoyed following a season as much as I enjoyed MotoGP in 2020 - it was wacky and wonderful in equal measure. 

There is a sort of...fear, I suppose, that Marquez will return and run away with it again - but as much as I don't wish to see any lingering effects on him of his crash, neither do I wish to see him return and dominate so utterly either. Thankfully, there is probably less chance of that happening anyway, such is the step forward various teams and riders have made recently, and will hopefully continue to make. 

I didn't follow pre-season testing in too much detail, other than having a cursory glance at the times at the end of each day, so I can genuinely say I haven't got the first clue who will be champion at season's end. Which is how it should be! 

Really looking forward to the return of the best racing series in the world returning to my telebox this weekend.  :D

#14 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 18,231 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 11:47

I'll be rooting for Morbido this season.

I think he was execptional last year, and he's always riding an old spec Yamaha.

Also, Valentino looked solid in the last day of testing.
New team, new faces, new energy, hopefully this can help him getting back to Top 5 positions.

Can Vinales & Quartararo deliver solid & consistent performances through the season?
Last year, they were all over the place at tines, super fast in other occasions.

Ducati is the team to beat in Qatar.
Top speed is insane (353 km/h), and Miller looked confident in testing.
Record one lap pace, strong race sim, he's the men to beat imho.

Suzuki: looked strong on race pace, less on quali trim.
I expect solid races by WDC Mir & Rins through the season.

Aprilia may be the surprise of the season.
Aleix Espargaro showed great speed in testing, and the Dovi could even be promoted to a tester role during the season.

KTM struggled a little bit in testing, but i've no doubts we'll see them fighting for Top 5-6 coming race day.

The rookies: Bastianini looks good so far, his riding style is perfectly suited to MotoGP.
Marini is a diesel, he'll eventually be there, but he'll need some more races.

Martin looks fast, but erratic. A lot of crashes during testing

Honda: i expect Pol Espargaro & Stefan Bradl to struggle.
Losail is not one of Honda's strongest tracks, and Marquez is not there to out-ride the bike.

I expect an Action Packed debut, with very short margins, and probably great racing.

Bring it on!

Edited by thegamer23, 24 March 2021 - 11:50.

#15 OvDrone

OvDrone

• 16,219 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 11:56

Dovizioso standing in for injured Marq on that Honda HRC   Jack 'Title Favortire for real this time guys' Miller

https://www.motorspo...te-tag/5725488/

#16 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 62,073 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 12:05

I can't believe that a guy who's won a handful of Moto3 races and one wet Grand Prix in 2016 can be installed as title favourite. I guess Casey Stoner had a similarly sparse CV when he signed as a Ducati factory rider for 2007, but...

#17 MattK9

MattK9

• 820 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 12:33

Miller is the least favourite, favourite I have ever seen. By that I mean that its really to close to call anyone the favourite.

I hope that Rins has his mojo back this year after a strong end of the year last year.

#18 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 18,231 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 12:52

On a sidenote.

Looks like those MotoGP games really have improved. 

Edited by thegamer23, 24 March 2021 - 12:52.

#19 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 62,073 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 12:55

That looks really cool. But all I really want is one of these bad boys

super_hang_on_cabinet.jpg

Advertisement

#20 Afterburner

Afterburner
  • RC Forum Host

• 9,281 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 14:15

I haven't watched MotoGP in years since it moved to some obscure cable channel here in the US. I hear it's back on the soon-to-be-history NBCSN this year with a handful of races on network TV, but only half the races this season are being shown live, with the other half on tape delay. Been thinking of getting back into it lately but it's hard when the broadcast schedule is inconsistent.

#21 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 18,231 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 14:37

Loving the Tech3 KTM livery for this season.

petrucci-test-motogp-losail-internationa

Suzuki is always a looker too

motogp-alex-rins-suzuki-test-qatar-1280x

Edited by thegamer23, 24 March 2021 - 15:31.

#22 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 62,073 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 14:52

Is anyone sponsoring that Tech 3 KTM? Or does the colour orange have a big marketing budget now? If so money well spent, I am now 100% aware of the colour orange.

#23 KinoNoNo

KinoNoNo

• 378 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 16:19

Great OP Risil. :clap:

I just know I'm going to confuse the Tech3 for the Ducatti if they're in the pack together.

When Marc does eventually return I fully expect the rest of the field to give him a "Gut Check" to see if he's gone soft.

#24 DS27

DS27

• 4,701 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 20:04

Time to renew that BT Sport subscription - the year is about to kick in to life   :clap:

#25 greenman

greenman

• 1,565 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 20:18

Loving the Tech3 KTM livery for this season.

Idk first time I saw this pic I was like, "Ducati looks a bit strange this season". Just used to Petrucci's #9 being on a Ducati I guess...

#26 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 62,073 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 09:57

Any thoughts on who the favourites are for Moto2 and Moto3 before practice gets underway?

Hard to look past Sam Lowes at MarcVDS, given the way he finished 2020 and decanting of Bastianini, Marini and Martin to MotoGP. Bezzecchi for the Sky VR46 team too. Remy Gardner and Joe Roberts dark horses? Moto2 was really good last year, for a change, and I figure there are some big personalities who could drive another good season.

Also: the Speed Up chassis has been rebranded Boscoscuro, after 1990s 250cc campaigner (and 1995 European champion -- remember those??) Luca, who went into team management with Gilera before founding Speed Up in 2010 to take advantage of the new open-chassis-closed-engine Moto2 series. For whatever reason it's now his name on the side of the factory! Same chassis though.

As for Moto3, I see no consistent winners in the field. So either somebody will step forward (Masia? Garcia?) or it'll be one of those years where somebody secures the title with 4-5 wins but a lot of good finishes.

#27 paulb

paulb

• 11,274 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 10:01

Is Cameron Beaubier a Moto2 rookie this year?

#28 ch103

ch103

• 2,039 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 10:11

Is Cameron Beaubier a Moto2 rookie this year?

yes

#29 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 18,231 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 10:47

I'm going for Joe Roberts for Moto 2. 

He showed flashes of speed last season, and he was very competitive in testing. 

He won last season in Qatar, and he's riding in the Italtrans team, wich won the championship with Bastianini, so he's in a good position.

He's my pick for the title!

156409079_3803847916347339_5301145815131

Edited by thegamer23, 25 March 2021 - 10:50.

#30 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 18,231 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 12:48

#31 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 62,073 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 14:05

And they say the MotoGP.com video pass is overpriced! Look at that premium content!

#32 balage06

balage06

• 3,109 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 14:10

And they say the MotoGP.com video pass is overpriced! Look at that premium content!

Btw it's quite ridiculous, an annual F1TV Pro subscription isn't much more expensive than a monthly VideoPass sub in my region...

#33 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 62,073 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 14:12

Perhaps MotoGP are conscious that they can't undercut the broadcast deals they've already signed. For instance I can get the Video Pass in the UK even though BT has the rights to show it live here, whereas for F1 I'm unable to subscribe to F1 TV because Sky have exclusivity.

#34 Chubby_Deuce

Chubby_Deuce

• 6,897 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 01:13

I'm going for Joe Roberts for Moto 2. 

He showed flashes of speed last season, and he was very competitive in testing. 

He won last season in Qatar, and he's riding in the Italtrans team, wich won the championship with Bastianini, so he's in a good position.

He's my pick for the title!

Slight correction, he was on pole for Qatar and just missed the podium in the race. Still much better than what you might expect from that team at that point in time.

I'm excited to see how Cam B goes this year. He's looked good in testing but still needs to find a few tenths to be a regular contender. For a Moto3 grad you'd probably be quite pleased by his laptimes but his goals have to be loftier given his age and experience.

#35 ehagar

ehagar

• 7,766 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 05:14

Any thoughts on who the favourites are for Moto2 and Moto3 before practice gets underway?

My guess for the Moto2 championship final standings:

1. Sam Lowes... I think of the remaining riders he was consistently the best. If he doesn't bin it and injure himself I think the title is his.

2. Marco Bezzecchi... I think he will finish ahead of Gardner, but only just. I think it's going to be tight between the two.

3. Remy Gardner... will win races and go to Tech-3 next year.

4. Joe Roberts... it's going to take time for him to finally win, but when he does he is going to reel of several.

5. Xavi Vierge... the talent is there... 

6. Jake Dixon... although I am concerned about his wrist. 

#36 DS27

DS27

• 4,701 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 08:06

Bezzecchi is still on a learning curve so is likely to be stronger than last year, relative to Lowes. As well as those above, I think Canet could do well and Navarro if he stops falling off so much.

Personally, i'm cheering for Dixon all the way.

Edited by DS27, 26 March 2021 - 08:07.

#37 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 62,073 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 10:55

Just past lunchtime in Qatar and Moto3 is out on track.

Commentators mentioned something I missed, which is that the VR46 and Estrella Galicia Honda teams have pulled out of the junior class. Still, 28 riders so it remains a healthy entry.

#38 Yamamoto

Yamamoto

• 1,937 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 11:06

Yamaha for a front row lockout and then 5th, 9th and 12th in the race.

#39 DS27

DS27

• 4,701 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 11:26

Yamaha for a front row lockout and then 5th, 9th and 12th in the race.

Does Rossi crash then?     ;)

I'm now £25 a month worse off thanks to BT Sport, so let's hope the racing is worth it like last year!

Edited by DS27, 26 March 2021 - 11:41.

Advertisement

#40 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 62,073 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 12:45

FP1 underway for the big class. Johann Zarco falls off in the first 5 minutes. Who had that on their bingo card?

#41 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 62,073 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 12:47

37 degrees C air temperature for the mid-afternoon practice sessions today. (It's going to be about 20 for the race on Sunday night.)

#42 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 18,231 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 13:04

Morbidelli leading the way so far in FP1!
Impressive pace & consistency.

Miller just crashed out pretty hard in Turn 4. 

Edited by thegamer23, 26 March 2021 - 13:16.

#43 JHSingo

JHSingo

• 8,975 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 13:42

Miller just crashed out pretty hard in Turn 4. 

Anyone checked Lorenzo's social media yet?  :lol:

#44 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 18,231 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 18:13

Just watched FP2.

Insane good show already, looked like a Quali.  :clap:

Fast laps after fast laps: Ducatis are looking strong, but the margins are very short.
The Yamahas are all there, Rins with Suzuki, A.Espargaro with Aprilia & P.Espargaro with the Honda clinching the Top 10.

We're in for an exciting weekend.

Also, WDC Mir will probably have to take part in Q1 tomorrow.

Can't see him improving his time, given FP3 is under sunlight conditions. 

Exb-Hc-Sb-WUAQZLrs.jpg

Edited by thegamer23, 26 March 2021 - 18:16.

#45 dissident

dissident

• 1,626 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 20:57

KTM is in trouble...

#46 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 62,073 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 21:20

Great to see Zarco up there.

KTM were expecting to struggle in Qatar (not sure why, but it's an unusual layout and road surface).

#47 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 21,814 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 21:27

KTM is in trouble...

Less than a second off the fastest isn't too bad in the big picture.  

We'll see tomorrow. 

#48 NixxxoN

NixxxoN

• 4,149 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 21:33

KTM has not the competitive advantage anymore, they will struggle this year

What I find strange is to see Pol so low, we'll see

#49 manmower

manmower

• 1,558 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 05:21

Qatar is traditionally a poor indicator of things to come.

Let's just enjoy the weekend and try not to read too much into it. 😅

#50 LucaP

LucaP

• 1,478 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 11:25

I am counting what, 13 riders able to win at least a race this season?