Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Mayday Mayhem - the High-Octane Beltane Indycar Double at Fort Worth: Texas I 300 & Texas II 375 2021

• Please log in to reply
1072 replies to this topic

#1 OvDrone

OvDrone

• 16,186 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 14:32

3Z7pNa2.jpg

2e0.gif

Don't worry child, Jimmie is not here this time. But what is here, is the hype of 4 Indycar races in 3 weeks to start a new season.

Welcome and howdy to

08-21-Texas-Extension-Announcement.jpg

One of my biggest and highly specific pet peeves as a practicing 'pagan' is the onset of a couple of calendar dates throughout the year - November 1st, February 1st and May 1st - why ? Because on those days, social media is drenched with a deluge of ill-informed yet well-intended messages like 'Happy Samhain', 'Happy Imbolc' and 'Happy Beltane'. Unbeknownst to most somewhat trendy witches out there, the Gregorian Calendar is not something Nature tends to follow in it's cyclical evolution.

'Oh it's September 1st, so I guess it's Autumn now.'

It isn't like that in Nature.

But it's like that in Indycar.

animalparade.jpg

Indycar fans during a Month ov May hypetrain

For the Motorsport world, the month of May suggests the start of an abundant season adorned with 2 of it's most famous crown jewels. And thankfully this year we'll get to have a somewhat 'normal' run at it with the Indy 500 scheduled to go gorgeously green on the 30th. Until then, we are blessed to have not one, not two but three races, with two of them starting in a span of 22 hours this weekend!

Ladies and gentleman, I am Ov, your forum Speedway Shaman and I bring you the 2021 Genesys 300 and XPEL 375 coalesced into a full Indycar double ritual of 675 miles at the Texas Motor Speedway.

mCj21j7.jpg

Deranged Druid Willy P officiating the human prosperity sacrifice to the harvest Indygods of this new Month ov May

First off, let's get the logistics out of the way nice and early so that people get the important info without having to scroll down too much:

The%2BWicker%2BMan%2BBritt%2BEkland.jpg

*invoking oval racing opulence*

Ritual Times:

STp5OiG.jpg

Central US times*

May 1st

Practice              12:45 PM EST - 17:45 PM BST

Qualifications     16:00 PM EST - 21:00 PM BST

GENESYS 300   19:45 PM EST - 00:45 AM BST

May 2nd

XPEL 375          17:15 PM EST - 22:15 PM BST

Sacred Grounds:

TexasMotorSpeedway_Racing_2016-08-12_201

Weather Spirits:

I donno, just give your offerings to the western gates so that the spinny wind devils of the May-time Texas skies stay appeased and don't hex the oval this Sunday like they sporadically tend to do now over at those blessed heathens in Nascar.

Past contemplations:

Last Sundays highlights for context.

8Ntazp3.jpg

*debating the finer points of Herta being in Indycar vs. F1*

Right, onto the ceremony...

wicker-man-1973-001-burning-man-00m-osw.

just imagine a burning Borg-Warner

As you probably noticed already this thread's theme is a Indycar meets 1973's Wicker Man skit, complete with super-imposition, Tarot, some history, hopefully some learning and the outsider looking in motif of Edward Woodward's character of Sergeant Howie as an Indycar Autosport forum newcomer taking a glance at the seemingly hedonistic and harrowing heathen happening going on in this our holy Indycircle. If you haven't seen the movie yet, spoiler alert:  Dixon wins at the end.

I1gOD0b.jpg

'what does this Catbird Seat even mean?! heretics...'

Beltane is the cross-quarter day of Spring in the greater cycle of the year, which basically means that it's the literal mid-point of the Spring season in the Northern Hemisphere. It's when the Sun hits the 15th degree of Taurus on the ecliptic plane which shows that we're halfway between the Spring Equinox at 0° of Aries and the Summer Solstice at 0° of Cancer. It's not the 1st of May which is now seen as 'calendaristic Beltane' ugh, but on the 6th of May this year, 'Astrological Beltane'. 45 days from the Equinox, 45 days until the Solstice. And in most Northern Hemisphere cultures throughout the length and breath of time, this period and specific day represented a time where day grows longer and brighter, as does the light and warmth in the environment, animals start mating, plants are flowering, flooding everything in pollen which means that Nature is having sx right now all over the damn place and the energy is there to ground in all this abundance into something tangible. It's a time to tend to all these new crops, fields, momentum, inspiration and opportunity and make the most of it, knowing that in 6 months, it'll eventually wither back into the ground. But for now, it's time to celebrate all this life around us. All this racing around us.

qDTRAye.jpg

We start this Month ov May in Indycar with 2 of only 4 oval races this year. There are a lot of this I find worrying and wrong on this year's schedule and my main issue is the lack of oval racing. Granted, with have the Indy 500, but just one race at Gateway and two short ones at Texas Motorspeedway just doesn't cut it in my book. The thing I like most about Indycar is the rich diversity, meaning that we race on road courses, street circuits and oval tracks as equally spread as possible. Texas, Indy and Gateway is too weak, I say and I am not advocating for something too perilous like Pocono or too feral like Fontana, but something, anything more than this. Texas is not even that good for Indycars honestly. Phoenix was meh and we left Richmond to quick while this year Iowa ( which is fantastic ) is thrown to the wolves. With a calendar consisting of around 17 races usually, I think that we need 4-5 races on ovals other than Indianapolis to really highlight the verdant variety and veracity of this, our beloved series. But I'll give Indycar the benefit of the doubt with this because of our current circumstances and just be grateful of what ovals we go to race on this year regardless.

d3Gsowr.jpg

That being said, I find myself in actual great spirits about this 2021 Indycar season for some reason. Part of it is the undeniable and unbelievable depth of the current field ( heh cryptic Taurus joke ) and the open and often possibility of organic range of results that this field is producing. We have deities like Dixon mixing it up with veteran champs like Bourdais, Power, RHR, Pagenaud, Young Americans like Newgarden, Rossi,  winners like Rahal, Sato, exceptional youth like Veekay, Palou, Herta, O'ward, skillful warriors like Ericsson, Rosenqvist, Harvey, the rookie trio of Grosjean, McLaughlin and Johnson, cameos by Montoya, Castroneves, de Silvestro, Toh'nee, even mayors and memes. Phenomenal. And it all has this nearly MotoGP 2020 vibe of I-don't-even-know-who-can-win until we inevitably have a Dixon vs Newgarden showdown.

o9jAVqz.jpg

The key here is fun. This series is fun. These threads are fun. I am having fun. I have fun watching most Motorsports, but the series I enjoy most tends to shuffle about from year to year like Random Winamp Guy's selection. And this year, at least for this time feels very Indycar-centric to me so far. Also, it's such, such a far cry from where we all were last year at this time and each day we are closer not an idealized normal but to a healthier connection to the wider world as a whole, both collectively and personally. So as we turn towards the fields and crops of the future, so too let's take a glance at past events on this, the Texas Motorspeedway.

8903_5.jpg

*anticipating Full Indycar*

5 years ago:

Back in 2016, we had a race here that started in early June and ended in late August because of crashes, inclement weather and a big Le Mans race the next week that had a lot of Indycar starts featuring in it. So we had a surreal scenario that saw 70+ days between green flag and checkered but it was worth it because of it's last lap thriller between Graham Rahal, James Hinchcliffe and the pack. Some say that the race is still going on, Newgarden still sliding down the front stretch upside down, us still waiting for that Lap 72 - we never left. Some sorta creepypasta Schrödinger's Indycat. We never left.

10 years ago:

Back in 2011 when I started watching Indycar again after one of my favorite ever races, Le Mans '11 and rediscovering personal interest in most Motorsport series, Indycar did a twin 275 mile races here, so we can look back at those for some quality inspiration.

20 years ago:

We had a posponed race and a twin race here, but back in 2001, we had a race here that never even got going. It's a lot to talk about but in short, a combination of track, car speed and general human incompetence by the CART ruling body made racing here an absolute tragedy in waiting with drivers having intense vertigo from the obliterating speeds. It did result in the fastest race lap ever ( iirc ? ) however by Adrien Fernandez.

That lap is just beyond.

Rr3DW59.jpg

Ok, back to our current timeline. Let's take a look at our current points standings:

25kSsJd.jpg

Yeah, it looks pretty MotoGP-y without any Nascarisms, GT BoPing and BTCC weights thrown around. Seems quite solid, but only time will tell. Just like The Dixon knows.

wr3jcIR.jpg

the fuel wizard during his self-generating fuel harvest rites

Oh, and speaking of Genesis, Jimmie was kind enough to let his flesh vessel warp into the kinetic effigy of Toh'nee Kahna'an as per the antedilluvian practices ornately carried by ashen whispers through the forgotten burial mounds of the Queen City of the Prairie.

The prophecies speak of Toh'nee needing a host every 5th Eclipse Saros Cycle to bring fame and fortune on ancient oval battlefields. Rise oh primal one, bring neolithic numinous might onto every turn of the left winds.

ORpQ8Ep.jpg

Toh'nee getting his seat fit for his 4800th Carvahnah

DANGER ZONE - IndyTarot time!

iOydPtZ.jpg

4 cards for the 4 picks FOR4 the 2 races each:

Texas I 300

Pick A1 - 5 ov Swords

ET-SWORDS-05.jpg

Drive: Intellectual crisis, struggling against fate

Light: Realisation of limitations and restrictions, philosophy born in pain

Shadow: Loss, defeat, failure, poverty, fear

Pick B1 - Knight ov Pentacles

ET-PENTACLES-knight.jpg

Drive: Solidity, increased material, growth

Light: Unwavering, industrious, enduring, reliable, practcal, reasonable, careful

Shadow: Stubbornness, corruption, avarice, phlegma, dullness, coldness

Pick C1 - The Chariot

ET-MA-07-the-chariot.jpg

Drive: The will to conquer, courage, victory

Light: The awakening of powers, the way ahead, searching and finding one's place in life

Shadow: Megalomania, insensivity, running against walls

Pick D1 - The High Priestess

ET-MA-02-High-Priestess.jpg

Drive: The desire to find the inner sources, the own springs

Light: Being one with the beginning of all, aware of the wisdom from the subconscious, intuitive knowledge, patience

Shadow: Dreaming, changing moods, doubts, ignoring of reality

Texas II 375

Pick A2 - Page ov Wands

ET-WANDS-page.jpg

Drive: Passion, joy of life

Light: Enthusiasm, courage, beauty

Shadow: Greed, arrogance, poverty of true feelings, superficial, theatrical, cruelty, instability, domineering, a gossip

Pick B2 - Page ov Pentacles

ET-PENTACLES-page.jpg

Drive: Creation, growth, birth, making

Light: Generosity, kindness, love, faith, sensitivity and concentration

Shadow: Wasteful, prodigal, illogical, stubborn, all too dependent and changeable in her opinions

Pick C2 - 4 ov Pentacles

ET-PENTACLES-04.jpg

Drive: Stability, security, gain

Light: Assured material gain, rank, success, wealth, productivity

Shadow: Fear of loss, avarice, greed for more, over-estimation of material wealth

Pick D2 - Wheel ov Fortune

ET-MA-10-wheel-of-fortune.jpg

Drive: Eternal motion, changing, restarting, accepting of fate

Light: Unexpected changings, fortune, realization of luck

Shadow: Fatalism, a changing to the worse

G'luck chasing that fantasy trophy y'all.

UL0YrXA.jpg

And with that, the rite is consecrated and now the discussion delicately opened for your creative input and blessed narratives; may the crops be full of compassion, the fields filled with fervor and all orchards resplendent in the sound of Victory Lane. Happy Beltane to y'all, and to all a good double race.

My purplest regards, the forum Speedway Shaman, Ov

manJU4F.jpg

Advertisement

#2 eibyyz

eibyyz

• 1,828 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 14:56

Pro Tip:  Take some time to visit the Buc-ee's across the street.  It's a gas station.  On steroids.  (Over 100 gas pumps.)  Joe Bob sez Check It Out.

#3 Peat

Peat

• 8,867 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 15:06

Jesus H Christ, OvD....

You have melded my favorite series with one of my favorite films. 

I am dead. 

#4 Anja

Anja

• 10,353 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 15:43

...what

#5 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 46,554 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 16:07

I just assumed Beltane was Indycar's latest fuel supplier.

#6 FLB

FLB

• 29,880 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 16:13

So.... Texas 1 will be won by somebody who's in the middle of an existential crisis? On strategy (patience)?

... Rossi?

#7 DS27

DS27

• 4,688 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 16:16

• Sergeant Howie Your lordship seems strangely... unconcerned.

Lord Summerisle Well I'm confident your suspicions are wrong, Sergeant. We don't commit murder here. We're a deeply religious people.

Sergeant Howie Religious? With ruined churches, no ministers, no priests... and children dancing naked!

Lord Summerisle They do love their divinity lessons.

Sergeant Howie [outraged]  But they are... are *naked*!

Lord Summerisle Naturally! It's much too dangerous to jump through the fire with your clothes on!

#8 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 46,554 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 16:18

Wait a second. Two races in one weekend? One shorter and one longer? That sounds an awful lot like a ... Sprint Race!

That's it, it's rubbish. Never watching Indycar again. How could Indycar be so out of touch with its fanbase? What problems do they think this will solve? Why don't they focus on the real problems...(continues to grumble in F1)...

#9 Anja

Anja

• 10,353 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 16:27

It's so nice that the second race starts earlier. I can do one 2 AM to 5 AM race once in a while, but two days in a row is too hardcore. 

#10 OvDrone

OvDrone

• 16,186 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 20:19

Pro Tip:  Take some time to visit the Buc-ee's across the street.  It's a gas station.  On steroids.  (Over 100 gas pumps.)  Joe Bob sez Check It Out.

I adore stuff like this.

Jesus H Christ, OvD....

You have melded my favorite series with one of my favorite films. 

I am dead. 

2e0.gif

Love it ^^

So.... Texas 1 will be won by somebody who's in the middle of an existential crisis? On strategy (patience)?

... Rossi?

Thought about Rossi too, I think I'll take the swing. Moon will be in Capricorn, everything's now in Taurus, and he's a late Virgo. Worth a shot tbh.

• Sergeant Howie Your lordship seems strangely... unconcerned.

Lord Summerisle Well I'm confident your suspicions are wrong, Sergeant. We don't commit murder here. We're a deeply religious people.

Sergeant Howie Religious? With ruined churches, no ministers, no priests... and children dancing naked!

Lord Summerisle They do love their divinity lessons.

Sergeant Howie [outraged]  But they are... are *naked*!

Lord Summerisle Naturally! It's much too dangerous to jump through the fire with your clothes on!

SubpBmC.jpg

Reminded me of this song:

Cool trip down memory lane.

It's so nice that the second race starts earlier. I can do one 2 AM to 5 AM race once in a while, but two days in a row is too hardcore. 

I know what you mean; it's proper hardcore for us Yuros this time around.

I'll miss the second race, well at least most of it, depending how much it lasts, as I have a call with some actual Pagan friends from around the globe. Aussie 8 AMs are quite late here.

#11 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,261 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 20:45

Ov My God..What an epic !

Jp

#12 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,261 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 20:57

Boy Howdy... Britt Ekland sure was a beauty.

Which reminds me of a story.....

Shortly after finishing the David Bowie Serious Moonlight tour I got a call from Earl Slick asking me if I wanted to do lights for his new band.

"Sure Early" I said, "Who's in it?"  It's the Stay Cats rhythm section and me on guitar, he said.

Slim Jim Phantom, Lee Rocker and Slick.

It was a fun tour and we all ended up at SlimJim and Britt's house on Sunset Plaza Drive for an end of tour pool party.

Wives and children were invited and at one point my 5 year old son Joe had enough swimming and went to get changed.

Britt said, follow me, he can change in my room. So my wife Elaine took him in there. During which time I notice Britt's aged mother, Maj, donning a bathing cap in readiness for a dip. She stood by the poolside contemplating something for what seemed like ages.

I walked back indoors to find Joe on the bed with Britt singing him a lullaby. My wife turned to me and said 'ahh they look so sweet, I wish I had a camera'...

Just then we all heard a scream and I looked out the bedroom window to see Maj flailing around in the deep end in great distress. I flew out to the pool and along with a few others jumped straight in, fully clothed, and grabbed her by the arm as the others grabbed any part of her they could. We got her to the side and lifted her out as she gasped and spluttered. Britt suddenly appeared with Joe in her arms and promptly dropped him straight down on the AstroTurf next to the pool.

Boom.

Elaine and I gathered him up and decided it would be time to leave, as did pretty much everyone else.

So, still dripping wet, I drove us back home to Los Feliz. As we got back home Joe looked relieved and went straight to the freezer for an ice cream.

He sat down and we turned on the television.

What was playing ?

The Wicker Man.

We switched over to cartoons immediately.

Jp

#13 MKSixer

MKSixer

• 3,560 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 02:03

OP...my mind is blown!  Nicely done!  I haven't seen references to The Wicker Man is forever.  Now I might find it necessary to watch it again...

#14 krapmeister

krapmeister

• 11,656 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 03:00

What the hell did I just read?!?

I don't know what sh!t you are on Ovdrone, but I want some 😅 👍

Edited by krapmeister, 29 April 2021 - 03:43.

#15 red stick

red stick

• 14,129 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 03:35

Christopher Lee and Will Power aren't as far apart as you may imagine . . ., a thought I'd never had until just now.  ;)

#16 red stick

red stick

• 14,129 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 03:41

Kanaan Carvana sounds like an alternate metaphysical state already; it will be interesting to see how much farther up the field he places that car.

#17 Frood

Frood

• 9,296 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 07:55

Kanaan Carvana sounds like an alternate metaphysical state already; it will be interesting to see how much farther up the field he places that car.

I think we all aspire to reach Carvana when we reach the end of our mortal existence. Toh'nee is the immortal being placed on Earth to help humanity reach Carvana.

#18 paulb

paulb

• 11,261 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 08:33

Personally, I seek Carvana in my daily driver. Its maybe 85% the way there.

#19 FLB

FLB

• 29,880 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 10:53

Well, Britt Ekland and Christopher Lee were also together in The Man With The Golden Gun.

... So that conffirms that last week's colours for Pags were more appropriate for DJ Willy P (especially considering the movie is probably the most Will Power-esque of the entire Bond franchise and features AMC products at a time when Penske was racing Matadors in NASCAR :lol: ).

Edited by FLB, 29 April 2021 - 10:56.

Advertisement

#20 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 46,554 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 11:15

Pretty sure my local Indian takeaway does a chicken carvana, best served with basmati rice and pilau naan.

#21 Branislav

Branislav

• 3,511 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 11:19

Is there exist any table with odds? (bookies you know)

#22 red stick

red stick

• 14,129 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 11:45

Well, I for one am shocked, SHOCKED I tell you, to find out that there's gambling going on in here . . .  ;)

#23 Peat

Peat

• 8,867 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 11:54

oe-C9p-UKk-jpeg-2000x2000-q90.jpg

Film of a similar ilk (not actually seen it) to Wickerman, Midsommar. 

In this scene, Jospeh Newgarden draped in the winners wreath realises that Scott Dixons inevitable 4th place finish was enough to net another title. 

#24 HerbieMcQueen

HerbieMcQueen

• 1,574 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 12:03

What a write up. 

I'm looking at my fantasy picks. In my head, Rahal and Sato are savvy choices on an oval. Don't ask me why but I'm going to stick with it and hope to peel myself away from propping up the league table at the moment.

#25 red stick

red stick

• 14,129 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 12:11

Midsommar makes The Wicker Man look like Mary Poppins. It is destined to be a classic, and is easily one of the most memorable, and intelligent, horror films of the last twenty years.

#26 Branislav

Branislav

• 3,511 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 12:42

Well, I for one am shocked, SHOCKED I tell you, to find out that there's gambling going on in here . . .  ;)

:rotfl:

I just want to know who are favorites

#27 maximilian

maximilian

• 8,119 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 13:07

FINALLY another IndyCar race!  Can't wait!!

and then

FINALLY another IndyCar race!  Can't wait!!

What an OP, Ov!  :lol:  :up:

#28 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,261 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 13:24

Pick Scott Dixon...
You’re not Coke Lot Fiasco are you...???
Jp

#29 Branislav

Branislav

• 3,511 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 13:33

Pick Scott Dixon...
You’re not Coke Lot Fiasco are you...???
Jp

Is Honda better than Chevy on ovals?

#30 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,261 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 13:57

DISCLAIMER: I do not condone betting or the wasting of money that could be spent on better things like Drugs or Hookers or saving Polar Bears.

Here ya go..

https://sportsbook.d...sports/18001102

Jp

#31 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,261 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 14:26

As of now this is a rainout
00322566-503-A-43-A2-826-E-99-F4-CF1-D4-

Jp

#32 jcbc3

jcbc3
  • RC Forum Host

• 12,974 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 14:27

At those odds, I'd take Harvey

#33 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 46,554 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 14:36

Then watch the damn races and learn for yourself.

#34 ezequiel

ezequiel

• 2,803 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 14:52

Curiously I still don't know what the heck Carvana 'sells' or 'does'. World domination? Perhaps.

#35 eibyyz

eibyyz

• 1,828 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 14:54

Curiously I still don't know what the heck Carvana 'sells' or 'does'. World domination? Perhaps.

As far as I can tell, they buy two-year old cars from rental agencies then re-sell them.  At least that was my experience.  I'm happy with mine.

#36 loki

loki

• 12,313 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 15:05

A good bit of the inventory comes from dealer trade in auctions or direct from dealers.  I’m not aware of them using rental car inventory but a fair amount of the inventory is from newly off lease vehicles.  They then send them to their “reconditioning center” where they’re fluffed up and detailed.

#37 eibyyz

eibyyz

• 1,828 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 15:33

A good bit of the inventory comes from dealer trade in auctions or direct from dealers.  I’m not aware of them using rental car inventory but a fair amount of the inventory is from newly off lease vehicles.  They then send them to their “reconditioning center” where they’re fluffed up and detailed.

I bought a Carvana Nissan Rogue in Indianapolis.  That car is a favorite of rental car chains (I'd rented seven Rogues over the years!).  Carvana provided a Carfax, which showed the initial delivery prep was done at Bommarito Nissan in St. Louis, right down the street from Enterprise.  

I'm not saying that if you bought an Aventador from Carvana, it was a rental at one time, but...  :)

Edited by eibyyz, 29 April 2021 - 15:36.

#38 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,261 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 15:34

At those odds, I'd take Harvey

He really impressed me last Sunday.
An Englishman who can last in the wilting heat.
Jp

#39 Branislav

Branislav

• 3,511 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 16:19

Then watch the damn races and learn for yourself.

Man I just returned to Indy racing. I watched first two but this is first oval.

Advertisement

#40 loki

loki

• 12,313 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 17:31

I bought a Carvana Nissan Rogue in Indianapolis.  That car is a favorite of rental car chains (I'd rented seven Rogues over the years!).  Carvana provided a Carfax, which showed the initial delivery prep was done at Bommarito Nissan in St. Louis, right down the street from Enterprise.  

I'm not saying that if you bought an Aventador from Carvana, it was a rental at one time, but...  :)

That was likely a Bommarito off lease, trade or excess inventory.  The Carfax would list the shell company Enterprise uses as the initial owner.

#41 eibyyz

eibyyz

• 1,828 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 17:51

That was likely a Bommarito off lease, trade or excess inventory.  The Carfax would list the shell company Enterprise uses as the initial owner.

Look at it that way, it makes more sense than a rental.  Thanks!

#42 red stick

red stick

• 14,129 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 17:51

They're glorified used car salesmen, if that's not a contradiction in terms.   :cool:

#43 rghojai

rghojai

• 2,010 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 17:59

And Bommarito backs the St. Louis race so we're IndyCar.

#44 Branislav

Branislav

• 3,511 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 18:03

Warm up :clap:

#45 OvDrone

OvDrone

• 16,186 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 19:13

You are more than welcomed to more Indycar, Bran, yes feel free to the plentiful, abundant hype.

Edited by OvDrone, 29 April 2021 - 19:14.

#46 djparky

djparky

• 2,004 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 20:20

Qualifying is also live on Sky F1 channel. Assume practice is not being shown this time

#47 Branislav

Branislav

• 3,511 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 22:02

You are more than welcomed to more Indycar, Bran, yes feel free to the plentiful, abundant hype.

I missed fast oval Indycar racing. Now I watched this Texas race from 2011 and I realized this is speed. And I have a need for speed :)

#48 teejay

teejay

• 6,130 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 23:28

Lets go Jimmie! 

Oh, ummm. 

As an Aussie, lets go Scott! (Dixon and or McLaughlin) 

Be good to see if Pato can make his tyres last more than 5 laps, and how SM takes his first oval. 

#49 prommer

prommer

• 4,966 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 23:41

My Carvana car is onna them world-dirtying Volkswagen TDIs... From what I understand, VW collected them all up, let them sit in a parking lot in Oregon for a year, then sold a goodly number of them to Carvana who did their reconditioning whoop-de-doo on them and then released them out into the world again, minus the slightly higher claimed EPA mpg number, or without the sponge in the tailpipe, or whatever VeeDubs was doing back then.

As someone who always has a terrible experience trying to deal with car salesmen, I can't complain. I'd happily pay a surcharge to not have to deal with them.  Dude brought my TDI out to my house, took away my embarrassment of a previous daily driver, and that was that!

#50 maximilian

maximilian

• 8,119 posts

Posted 30 April 2021 - 00:50

I believe there is a Carvana car vending machine here in Jacksonville.