Photo

Search function

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FirstnameLastname

FirstnameLastname

• 7,928 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 18:28

Posted a thread about Pole Positions + penalties in RC - ‘‘twas closed as there was a thread in July (3 months ago) which I was advised I could/should have located with the search function.

Fair point.

So I just tried to search for that thread with the term ‘Pole position’ and it doesn’t come up in the first page of results.

The search function for the forum is awful - at least certainly on mobile versions. Perhaps on a desktop it’s better… but the use of that is surely on the wane?

Any chance to improve it if we’re being encouraged to use the thing?

Advertisement

#2 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 46,557 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 18:38

More so than being encouraged, it's part of the RC house rules.

• Please use the search function before starting a new thread.

Admittedly, the search function is a bit limited.

#3 YoungGun

YoungGun

• 29,566 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 14:07

Posted a thread about Pole Positions + penalties in RC - ‘‘twas closed as there was a thread in July (3 months ago) which I was advised I could/should have located with the search function.

Fair point.

So I just tried to search for that thread with the term ‘Pole position’ and it doesn’t come up in the first page of results.

The search function for the forum is awful - at least certainly on mobile versions. Perhaps on a desktop it’s better… but the use of that is surely on the wane?

Any chance to improve it if we’re being encouraged to use the thing?

Surprised the mods didn't post a link in your thread to the other thread as has been my experience. 

Edited by YoungGun, 17 October 2021 - 14:09.

#4 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 46,557 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 19:57

Surprised the mods didn't post a link in your thread to the other thread as has been my experience. 

I did.

Wish I could say I'm surprised you didn't check.

#5 YoungGun

YoungGun

• 29,566 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 08:00

My reply was not meant as a challenge but rather an observation and my experience when a duplicate thread has been closed. I think we all can agree not everyone has mastered the use of the search function.  :)