With FE pre-season testing later this month, last year's competition winner, maximilian, has asked me to arrange this year's contest under his direction (or at least get things going). As in the previous couple of seasons, the idea is straightforward - use an aerial imaging programme (Google Maps/Earth preferred) to propose a feasible but not necesarily conventional Formula E circuit. Your rules are as follows (modified from FredrikB from last year's thread opener):
1. The length of your circuit should somewhere in the region of 1.5 to 3.0 miles (2.5 - 5 km) in length preferred, but not essential.
2. The layout should be original - it should not be too similar to any circuit currently or previously in use.
3. The circuit should be temporary and within the official city limits of your chosen location (make of that what you will).
4. Entries should at least specify a route, the direction and start-line/pit-lane locations. Further details (grandstands, etc.) are welcome but not necessary.
5. Entries should take the form of an aerial-view image of your circuit and a short description of the area and how you imagine the event to be held. A few pictures from google street view is a nice addition too, but not mandatory.
6. New for this year, entries should have some link or relevance to climate change (see post #8 for details).
Deadline is midnight on December 24th UTC. Voting thread will open on the 26th December and close at midnight UTC on January 27th as this is the day before the first round.
Last year's competition thread:
Mod Edit: Please see this guide in post 76 if you need help in posting images.
Edited by cpbell, 29 November 2021 - 12:32.