• Please log in to reply
12309 replies to this topic

#1 ConsiderAndGo

ConsiderAndGo

• 9,683 posts

Posted 03 February 2022 - 17:16

Official fire up of the F1-75

https://twitter.com/...2555002886?s=21

Sounds very throaty! Those last 5 seconds!

Also, I think this car is going to feature a lot of black and red. Could be a beauty.

Edited by ConsiderAndGo, 03 February 2022 - 17:18.

Advertisement

#2 Astandahl

Astandahl

• 5,568 posts

Posted 03 February 2022 - 17:24

Very nice. We are close now.

#3 aray

aray

• 5,779 posts

Posted 03 February 2022 - 17:26

The best fire up sound I have heard this year. :up:

#4 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 21,814 posts

Posted 03 February 2022 - 17:52

I dont ever like to read much into body language and whatnot, but I will say that Carlos' little head nod adds a real air of confidence to this video, unintentional or not.  Just exudes, "Yup, it's coming".  

Again, I'm not gonna pretend this really means anything(I'm far too analytically boring for that), just noting the sort of effectiveness of it.  

#5 jjcale

jjcale

• 16,192 posts

Posted 03 February 2022 - 18:08

The positivity (hype?) around Ferrari has to be the most since 2014 ... maybe even 2009. Even during the SV years we didnt have so many people predicting great things at this stage of the season.

I am not dismissing it.... news leaks around the community ... there were people who knew about the Brawn in advance, for instance. 

#6 ferrarista

ferrarista

• 3,223 posts

Posted 03 February 2022 - 18:19

https://www.ferrari....st-time-fire-up

Binotto says it’s “a very special moment, more so than at similar occasions in previous years”, the team has been united and determined; I’m extremely curious to see what they have built.

#7 ForzaFerrari3928

ForzaFerrari3928

• 528 posts

Posted 03 February 2022 - 20:15

Alright, I am hyped now. A red/black car will just be perfect to start this new era of regulations.

#8 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 45,708 posts

Posted 04 February 2022 - 10:42

Glad Ferrari are keeping the tradition of drawing the car names out of a hat. I’m guessing this is the 75th anniversary of something.

Anyway. I hope this car gives them a chance to fight for the titles:

#9 Astandahl

Astandahl

• 5,568 posts

Posted 04 February 2022 - 12:01

Triangular air box confirmed. Nugnes = Goat :rotfl: :rotfl:

#10 ConsiderAndGo

ConsiderAndGo

• 9,683 posts

Posted 04 February 2022 - 12:17

Glad Ferrari are keeping the tradition of drawing the car names out of a hat. I’m guessing this is the 75th anniversary of something.

75 years since the first production cars engine was started.

#11 Aaaarrgghh

Aaaarrgghh

• 385 posts

Posted 04 February 2022 - 12:17

I have been waiting for the Ferrari 166 F1 since 2014.

#12 ferrarista

ferrarista

• 3,223 posts

Posted 06 February 2022 - 13:17

https://twitter.com/...309304230031365

The new front wing 😜

(It’s the FOM car obviously)

Edited by ferrarista, 06 February 2022 - 13:19.

#13 Forghieri

Forghieri

• 673 posts

Posted 08 February 2022 - 16:32

Strangely, a good article about Ferrari from PlanetF1:

https://www.planetf1...-formula-1-era/

#14 Bleu

Bleu

• 6,192 posts

Posted 09 February 2022 - 07:28

Most of this century I feel that Ferrari has kept similar naming system compared to previous year if they have been happy with that year.

#15 Forghieri

Forghieri

• 673 posts

Posted 09 February 2022 - 09:23

According to rumours Ferrari will have pull rod front suspension:

https://www.formulap...ner-603559.html

#16 ConsiderAndGo

ConsiderAndGo

• 9,683 posts

Posted 09 February 2022 - 10:52

Take all Ferrari rumours as total BS. It always has been, and always will be utter guess work.

Seriously, do yourselves a favour!

#17 ferrarista

ferrarista

• 3,223 posts

Posted 10 February 2022 - 07:56

https://twitter.com/...660635947638787

https://twitter.com/...661211359973377

More quotes on tami twitter.

Also Sainz confirms these rumors about the innovations the new car would have.
Let’s see what they’ve got.

Edited by ferrarista, 10 February 2022 - 07:57.

#18 ColeTrickle44

ColeTrickle44

• 1,029 posts

Posted 10 February 2022 - 08:21

Pull rod seems to make sense, think most teams will go down this route.. the upper elements of that bass were badly shopped as well

#19 Goron3

Goron3

• 4,443 posts

Posted 10 February 2022 - 09:45

The car reveal will be nothing more than a PR exercise, but now I'm very excited to see these cars run in anger on track.

Advertisement

#20 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 8,727 posts

Posted 10 February 2022 - 11:35

I now hope they don't show much as it wouldn't be great after all this talk of innovative solutions to be caught with their pants down and show the others everything.

At least we do have a new livery to look forward to, let's see how they ruin red and black 😆

#21 Peeko

Peeko

• 3,852 posts

Posted 10 February 2022 - 15:08

I'm going to take a flyer and say the rear part of last year's car that was given a darker shade of red will be black this year, like that truck we saw in the pic.

Hoping for black wings but I doubt it.

#22 ferrarista

ferrarista

• 3,223 posts

Posted 11 February 2022 - 21:07

After seeing Haas and McLaren, I wonder if they plan not to use the gills at all (or not regularly) as if they think having hot air exit at the back is better for aero; I surely remember at the time of the F2003-GA, with open gills the aero efficiency was worse.
Also, great job from Ferrari regarding the packaging of the new PU, Haas did very well compared to Macca and AM, looking forward to where Ferrari arrive to with their F1-75.

Edited by ferrarista, 11 February 2022 - 21:08.

#23 oli4

oli4

• 569 posts

Posted 12 February 2022 - 10:40

After seeing Haas and McLaren, I wonder if they plan not to use the gills at all (or not regularly) as if they think having hot air exit at the back is better for aero; I surely remember at the time of the F2003-GA, with open gills the aero efficiency was worse.
Also, great job from Ferrari regarding the packaging of the new PU, Haas did very well compared to Macca and AM, looking forward to where Ferrari arrive to with their F1-75.

That Haas is the real car, thought it was just a render of the mockup?

Edited by oli4, 12 February 2022 - 10:40.

#24 FirstnameLastname

FirstnameLastname

• 7,689 posts

Posted 12 February 2022 - 10:43

Haas was designed in their new design office… at Maranello - by ‘ex’ Ferrari staff who were streamlined due to new cost cap.

#25 Ali623

Ali623

• 3,521 posts

Posted 12 February 2022 - 10:46

Guenther Steiner said it was real, excluding a few hidden details.

#26 Astandahl

Astandahl

• 5,568 posts

Posted 12 February 2022 - 13:58

Can't wait to see the new car.

#27 MaroF1

MaroF1

• 977 posts

Posted 12 February 2022 - 14:23

Can't wait to see the new car.

If there are lot of innovations, I hope they don't show the real thing untill Barcelona at least, maybe reveal the new livery and sponsors on Thursday, but knowing Ferrari they will show the actual car, or at least some parts of it. Hopefully the black/red combo doesn't dissapoint, the hype is getting real now..

#28 Astandahl

Astandahl

• 5,568 posts

Posted 12 February 2022 - 15:06

If there are lot of innovations, I hope they don't show the real thing untill Barcelona at least, maybe reveal the new livery and sponsors on Thursday, but knowing Ferrari they will show the actual car, or at least some parts of it. Hopefully the black/red combo doesn't dissapoint, the hype is getting real now..

A lot of details will be hidden of course. Also, many things will change between the launch and the first race.

Still the "core" of the car will be the real one for sure. I don't see anyone using the show car for the team launch (like RB did).

#29 ferrarista

ferrarista

• 3,223 posts

Posted 12 February 2022 - 18:53

Historically Ferrari has never brought big upgrades to the second test —> first race, actually only a few bits, so the car they launch at the first test will be the one for the season start; during this budget cap time, I expect more or less the same, then the battle for upgrades (that according to Mekies will be less intense than let’s say 2019) will begin around race 2-3 in my opinion.

#30 Clrnc

Clrnc

• 6,652 posts

Posted 12 February 2022 - 19:32

Poor HAAS. The car looked so simple everyone thought it was a mockup of the showcar. 

#31 ConsiderAndGo

ConsiderAndGo

• 9,683 posts

Posted 12 February 2022 - 19:49

Poor HAAS. The car looked so simple everyone thought it was a mockup of the showcar.

Looks no more simple than the Mclaren in my view.

#32 MaroF1

MaroF1

• 977 posts

Posted 12 February 2022 - 21:58

Mclaren definitely have more in hand, their car certainly looks more sophisticated than the Haas one, but it doesn't look like a world beater, that's for sure. Thursday and Friday will be immensly important, Mercedes will run their car immediately as well, so interested to see the comparasion between the two cars. 

#33 TheAviator

TheAviator

• 2,860 posts

Posted 12 February 2022 - 22:15

Ferrari will be notch above Mclaren and everyone will be "Whoa Ferrari are about to really deliver?" And then Merc will come next day with that extra 10% all over the car and it will be lights out.

Hope I am wrong, but doubt it.

Edited by TheAviator, 12 February 2022 - 22:15.

#34 Ijsman

Ijsman

• 1,066 posts

Posted 12 February 2022 - 22:27

Ferrari will be notch above Mclaren and everyone will be "Whoa Ferrari are about to really deliver?" And then Merc will come next day with that extra 10% all over the car and it will be lights out.

What sources do you have to think that Ferrari will end behind McLaren? 

#35 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 8,727 posts

Posted 12 February 2022 - 22:40

That's some top notch CFD eyes I have to say.

#36 MaroF1

MaroF1

• 977 posts

Posted 12 February 2022 - 22:45

Yup. I can already see in Spain, Mercedes being 0.1 slower being on 3 steps harder tires than us, I am hopeful, but time after time, same things happen. RB are definitely hiding something and Merc will be incredibly strong, it's a tough oposition and Ferrari usually undermines their opponents.

Edited by MaroF1, 12 February 2022 - 22:46.

#37 TheAviator

TheAviator

• 2,860 posts

Posted 12 February 2022 - 23:06

What sources do you have to think that Ferrari will end behind McLaren?

I am saying Ferrari will look good, and everyone will be very impressed, until Merc comes next day and then you see stuff no body has thought of. That is how it went since 2014 (with exception of 2017).

Thing with Ferrari is...in last couple of years you can see they retained their fat nose, while everyone moved away towards Merc style one. It wasnt till last year that Ferrari rewamped nose they ran with for 4 years. Same with front suspension, rear suspension...Merc was always innovator there, Ferrari was the follower. Hopefully they surprise, but I am not holding my breath.

#38 Astandahl

Astandahl

• 5,568 posts

Posted 12 February 2022 - 23:15

No one is able to say now which ideas will be the best ones, so before any meltdowns, just wait for the first quali session.

#39 TheAviator

TheAviator

• 2,860 posts

Posted 12 February 2022 - 23:38

No one is able to say now which ideas will be the best ones, so before any meltdowns, just wait for the first quali session.

Not having a meltdown at all, just being realistic duo to what happened in last 8 years. Still, I do believe if there was ever time to pounce its now and that all info coming from within, about team trying to innovate, is already better then what we are accustomed to.

Advertisement

#40 Astandahl

Astandahl

• 5,568 posts

Posted 12 February 2022 - 23:59

Not having a meltdown at all, just being realistic duo to what happened in last 8 years. Still, I do believe if there was ever time to pounce its now and that all info coming from within, about team trying to innovate, is already better then what we are accustomed to.

I don't know what is going to happen. I don't care about what's happened in 2014 and before because the team was extremely different compared to now. The last two years were also impacted by "external" factors so they are not a useful benchmark. Mercedes has been better? Absolutely. I think, outside the hybrid tech (where they had a huge lead) our biggest weaknesses has been simulation, and apparently it's something that the team in the last year tried to correct as much as possible (new simulator and a lot of hirings in this area).

In 2017 and 2018 the team was able to produce a car competitive to win races and to fight for the championship.  No point in being worried now. I'm just excited to see the car on track.

#41 Ijsman

Ijsman

• 1,066 posts

Posted 13 February 2022 - 01:29

I am saying Ferrari will look good, and everyone will be very impressed, until Merc comes next day and then you see stuff no body has thought of. That is how it went since 2014 (with exception of 2017).

Thing with Ferrari is...in last couple of years you can see they retained their fat nose, while everyone moved away towards Merc style one. It wasnt till last year that Ferrari rewamped nose they ran with for 4 years. Same with front suspension, rear suspension...Merc was always innovator there, Ferrari was the follower. Hopefully they surprise, but I am not holding my breath.

I read 'Merc' in your post as 'McLaren', my bad. Good point about the nose, I never got it either why it stayed so long like that. If there's one thing we learned these years is to never underestimate Merc. 

#42 oli4

oli4

• 569 posts

Posted 13 February 2022 - 09:24

There is a flaw in your reasoning, Ferrari can't be a follower since these are complete new cars. Everyone is an innovator now.

#43 Beri

Beri

• 11,450 posts

Posted 13 February 2022 - 09:45

Quite honestly I do not think you can read anything of the current presenting cars, regarding engine packaging. Or you should have seen the actual Power Units. Which, as far as I know, haven't been presented yet.
The concepts you've seen, the tight bodywork on that Haas and the fatter one on the Aston and McLaren, are aero concepts. Which do not tell anything on how tight the package will be or the direction Ferrari will choose.

#44 kumo7

kumo7

• 7,156 posts

Posted 13 February 2022 - 13:05

McLaren fat? ha. untrue.

I do imagine Ferrari to make a beauty tho. if it will fast, let us see.

#45 Clrnc

Clrnc

• 6,652 posts

Posted 13 February 2022 - 14:32

Nobody thought Mclaren was a mock up which says it all.

And their suspension setup is vastly different from the rest. 

#46 ConsiderAndGo

ConsiderAndGo

• 9,683 posts

Posted 13 February 2022 - 14:33

I said it looks basic when comparing it to the Aston.

Read into the detail, and the Mclaren is anything but.

#47 TheAviator

TheAviator

• 2,860 posts

Posted 13 February 2022 - 14:35

I said it looks basic when comparing it to the Aston.

Read into the detail, and the Mclaren is anything but.

Definitely not basic. They covered floor and had no grills. 90% of "complexity" of AM is in grills, without them there is nothing particularly new, while Mclaren is quite a bit more bold.

#48 ConsiderAndGo

ConsiderAndGo

• 9,683 posts

Posted 13 February 2022 - 14:46

Definitely not basic. They covered floor and had no grills. 90% of "complexity" of AM is in grills, without them there is nothing particularly new, while Mclaren is quite a bit more bold.

Read again. To me, a quick glance, and it’s basic.

The detail is anything but.

Anyway, this is nothing to do with this thread and I care little about the Mclaren.

Edited by ConsiderAndGo, 13 February 2022 - 14:47.

#49 ferrarista

ferrarista

• 3,223 posts

Posted 13 February 2022 - 16:14

Your previous post can also be interpreted as a cheap swipe at Ferrari, given the connections between them and Haas.
Anyway let’s see on track who comes out on top, not long to see.

#50 Clrnc

Clrnc

• 6,652 posts

Posted 13 February 2022 - 16:21

Your previous post can also be interpreted as a cheap swipe at Ferrari, given the connections between them and Haas.
Anyway let’s see on track who comes out on top, not long to see.

Huh?! That's an insane inference. HAAS has not looked anything like Ferrari for years. Not to mention my post has absolutely no intention or mention of Ferrari at all. So weird