First Ever Grand Prix

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ragingjamaican

Ragingjamaican

• 1,006 posts

Posted 29 July 2022 - 14:16

Hi all,

I'm looking at going to Monza this year, I was wondering what recommendations people have? It will be my first ever grand prix so I'm not well versed on the usual hints and tips!

Is it better to get a general admission ticket or a grandstand ticket? The grandstand tickets I can find right now don't appear to be near a screen. I'm not local so I feel the general admissions may not be viable as I'm travelling in Italy during this time.

Hotel and travelling tips would also be good, along with how early to get to the circuit and what to do around there.  :)

Advertisement

#2 Clatter

Clatter

• 45,170 posts

Posted 29 July 2022 - 15:55

Hi all,

I'm looking at going to Monza this year, I was wondering what recommendations people have? It will be my first ever grand prix so I'm not well versed on the usual hints and tips!

Is it better to get a general admission ticket or a grandstand ticket? The grandstand tickets I can find right now don't appear to be near a screen. I'm not local so I feel the general admissions may not be viable as I'm travelling in Italy during this time.

Hotel and travelling tips would also be good, along with how early to get to the circuit and what to do around there. :)

I've not been to Monza, but if it's in your price bracket I would always opt for a grandstand seat.

#3 nugat

nugat

• 114 posts

Posted 31 July 2022 - 19:47

Which grandstand(s) are you looking at? I'm reasonably certain that most, if not all grandstands areas have at least one screen.

I've been to Monza many times, the last time in 2019 (before covid) so I assume nothing drastic has changed since then :-)

Staying in Milan is the obvious choice for most people, as there are trains direct to Monza station, where a shuttle bus will take you to the circuit.

Bergamo is also a nice place to stay and also has trains direct to Monza station. Check TrenItalia for time schedules, you can buy your tickets at the train station ticket machines on the day

You should allow around 3 hours from the point where the train leaves the station, to the time you want to be sitting in your grandstand seat. There are often long queues for the security checks at the circuit, as they check everyone's bags. Usually there's a list on the circuit website of forbidden items, but I can't seem to find it right now. Maybe it will be updated closer to the race date. But basically food is fine, but many drinks (cans/bottles) are not. I suggest if you want to take your own drink, get a hydration pack (the refillable bags that you can wear on your back), at least in 2019 they were allowed in. I took two, one full of wine and one full of juice  :D

Fans are allowed onto the circuit after the race, so if you want to walk the track, allow some extra time after the race into your travel plans.

#4 Hati

Hati

• 7,160 posts

Posted 30 August 2022 - 09:16

While I visited there one screen was in front of grandstand 6B.

The bus is possible alternative for getting to the track from Milan but the shuttle transport and train is only sane option to get back.