Photo

Block forum members on in specific threads

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sgtkate

sgtkate

• 5,622 posts

Posted 17 October 2023 - 15:44

A few threads I've been reading lately have had some posters who are normally insightful and positive turn into absolute cretins for want of a better word. I would be nice to have the block feature be enabled for just specific threads but so we can still see their posts in others. I know there is the "show anyway" option.

Advertisement

#2 jcbc3

jcbc3
  • RC Forum Host

• 12,979 posts

Posted 17 October 2023 - 17:07

Nice idea, but I don't know any forum software that would enable this. I can only suggest that you scroll past these posters (see by avatar) in threads you know you disagree on.

#3 Zmeej

Zmeej

• 68,481 posts

Posted 18 October 2023 - 05:20

This is a confusing request.

There’s a simple solution to your quandary: put the cretinomorph on Ignore, and click on the “View it anyway” button in threads in which the individual is not cretinous.

Edited by Zmeej, 18 October 2023 - 05:22.

#4 sgtkate

sgtkate

• 5,622 posts

Posted 18 October 2023 - 09:01

This is a confusing request.

There’s a simple solution to your quandary: put the cretinomorph on Ignore, and click on the “View it anyway” button in threads in which the individual is not cretinous.

Yes of course I can do that, but given this is a place for suggestions I don't think there is anything confusing about it. If I am only struggling with them in a certain thread but they post insightful in hundreds of others the effort of clicking "View it anyway" becomes a burden. 

#5 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 46,571 posts

Posted 18 October 2023 - 09:13

I don’t think it’s a confusing request at all. As jcbc3 says, it’s just beyond the forum software’s capabilities at the moment.

#6 Zmeej

Zmeej

• 68,481 posts

Posted 18 October 2023 - 13:55

True x2