The Unofficial 2024 Livery Thread

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 DinocoBlue

DinocoBlue

• 949 posts

Posted 02 February 2024 - 18:07

Welcome all!

The unofficial livery thread has returned after its unexpected year out in 2023!

Some say it went away as it failed to meet the required 107% qualifying time. Others say, it was just overlooked by the last winner.

Here's the hall of fame:

IwGYAb2.jpeg

Before we continue, as always, here's the important details.....

As is the tradition in the boring off-season part of the year we have ourselves a little competition for who can design the best racing livery. And that term can really mean a lot of different things. We've had everything here - from stunning designs that would surely become fan-favourites if implemented in the real world, to comedic wonders forever remembered in the forum folklore.  Your task is as always to try and come up with the best idea and make it a reality. Well, in this case by reality we mean pixels on the screen. Just create whatever you want within the rules (more on that later).  There will be some guidelines but in the end the voters will decide for themselves who they want to vote for in places 1 - 3 podium.

And the big award for winning the competition will be, as always, the honorable task of hosting the next edition and also will gain a place in our hall of fame alongside all the previous winners.

The template is available HERE in .png format. It is also posted as an image below. Thanks to Maximillion for the New Template. You are of course free to use any kind of software* and technique in your creation process. (*Further clarification below).

If I might suggest, use of advanced lighting and shading is mostly discouraged - the ideas should be more important than professional execution, let's keep it relatively simple. It's not a strict rule but we want to keep the competition open to most people regardless of their graphic skills. 

It has been mentioned that AI could be another option for entry creation. For this competition, we'll keep it to the traditional, personally created entries as usual. However, that's not to say that a separate AI competition is not possible.

If you can, please save your entry as a file with dimensions of at least 1200px on the longer side.

F12022-Template-for-Print-01.png

RULES. RULES. RULES.

No competition is complete without some rules. This isn't some high-stakes game so things are not very strict unless they stray too far from the good will and friendly spirit, but please keep these in mind.

• Only images created using the template provided above will be entered in the voting process. This rule is known as the ForeverF1 edict.
  • Please try to avoid modifying the template. An exception can be made for small details. 
  • Don't copy already existing racing liveries - this includes ones from outside of F1. Of course the distinction between copying and adapting or being inspired by something can be blurry but do try to make it your own design as much as possible.
  • If some dispute can't be resolved by other means, forum moderators or Jp will have the final say.

The Schedule.  As we are starting later in the year than usual, we'll keep this going through to the Australian Grand Prix in March.

• Entry submission is open until Sunday March 3rd (ending at midnight GMT)
  • Voting process will take place between Tuesday March 5th to Sunday March 17th (ending at midnight GMT)
  • The final results will be announced on Friday March 22nd as Practice for the third race of the 2024 F1 season begins

On the final note I'd like to encourage people to enter. This competition is not reserved just for those with serious graphic skills, we're trying to keep it open and accessible to everyone. So don't worry if you're not a photoshop master, it's the ideas that count for most here. 

Thank you Anja and Jp for this great opportunity for me to cut and paste your entire introduction!

Now....

Get Creating!

Advertisement

#2 Maustinsj

Maustinsj

• 4,918 posts

Posted 02 February 2024 - 19:43

Whoop whoop!

I will likely not be inflicting my MS Paint skillz on everyone but looking forward to some great entries!

#3 Tiakumosan

Tiakumosan

• 1,293 posts

Posted 02 February 2024 - 19:52

Time for my autosport memes livery 2.0.

#4 Mat13

Mat13

• 4,102 posts

Posted 02 February 2024 - 21:21

Sweet. Love this thread.

#5 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,274 posts

Posted 02 February 2024 - 22:41

So much fun fodder for this thread now too.
Thanks Dinoco Blue for the timely revival !!!!

Jp

#6 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,274 posts

Posted 10 February 2024 - 18:31

While we wait for the brainiastic compositions to flood in....Here are some past highlights.

rainbowtrout.jpg
©Risil

CB.jpg

kimjong.jpg
©Cool Beans

garg.jpg

ForceNK.jpg

This scampi happening all over again?

asshat.jpg

Not-on-the-template3-1.jpg

general-Lee.jpg

tumblr_nghyb4JP8V1qzxeqqo1_r1_500.gif

CM-2med.jpg

Jp

#7 YoungGun

YoungGun

• 29,567 posts

Posted 11 February 2024 - 11:12

YG-2024.jpg

#8 jcbc3

jcbc3
  • RC Forum Host

• 12,978 posts

Posted 11 February 2024 - 12:01

Allons enfant de la patrie,
Le jour de gloire est arrivé!

#9 FirstnameLastname

FirstnameLastname

• 7,943 posts

Posted 11 February 2024 - 12:21

YG-2024.jpg

Nice!

#10 F1FanAJ

F1FanAJ

• 100 posts

Posted 11 February 2024 - 12:54

I heard you guys liked black liveries:  
0.jpg

#11 FirstnameLastname

FirstnameLastname

• 7,943 posts

Posted 11 February 2024 - 13:40

What program you guys using to do these? My days of having a desktop PC are behind me for the moment

#12 F1FanAJ

F1FanAJ

• 100 posts

Posted 11 February 2024 - 13:51

I used the latest version of Microsoft Paint for this one, it wasn't too serious, just 30 minutes of work. Maybe I'll come up with a more serious entry this year, if I have the imagination and creativity.

#13 Mat13

Mat13

• 4,102 posts

Posted 11 February 2024 - 16:30

https://imgur.com/a/7IVDhBP

I hope that works, I’m terrible at this. Bit of a nerdy one- I work in agriculture, and New Holland are part of the Fiat group alongside Ferrari so thought this definitely works.

#14 ezequiel

ezequiel

• 2,803 posts

Posted 11 February 2024 - 16:32

https://imgur.com/a/7IVDhBP

I hope that works, I’m terrible at this. Bit of a nerdy one- I work in agriculture, and New Holland are part of the Fiat group alongside Ferrari so thought this definitely works.

g9hjnSZ.jpeg

(This is Mat13's entry so we can see it here)

#15 Mat13

Mat13

• 4,102 posts

Posted 11 February 2024 - 16:34

g9hjnSZ.jpeg

(This is Mat13's entry so we can see it here)

Damn good chap, thanks!

#16 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,274 posts

Posted 12 February 2024 - 10:20

What program you guys using to do these? My days of having a desktop PC are behind me for the moment

It would be amazing to see what you can come up with on your phone or tablet ( More so the phone. )

Jp @33,000 ft

#17 Tiakumosan

Tiakumosan

• 1,293 posts

Posted 19 March 2024 - 01:03

We forgot about this?  :cry:

#18 Tiakumosan

Tiakumosan

• 1,293 posts

Posted 19 March 2024 - 01:11

autosport.png

:lol:

#19 Wuzak

Wuzak

• 8,508 posts

Posted 19 March 2024 - 01:52

I would like to suggest a livery based on the poster of the film "Catch me If You Can", where Hanks is chasing di Caprio. 

di Caprio's face could be changed for Max's.,

Advertisement

#20 DinocoBlue

DinocoBlue

• 949 posts

Posted 21 March 2024 - 18:16

Apologies all. It looks like the deadline slipped.

We'll now close the entry process and commence voting from Sunday (24th March) with the vote closing on Friday 29th March.