Photo

Peter Kaus / "Rosso Bianco Collection"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JoBo

JoBo

• 473 posts

Posted 04 February 2024 - 10:58

Peter Kaus, ex-owner of the "Rossi Bianco Collection" in Aschaffenburg/Germany, the then time biggest classic race- and GT-car collection in Europe, has died on January 22, 2024.

May he R.I.P.

Edited by JoBo, 04 February 2024 - 10:58.

Advertisement

#2 AJB2

AJB2

• 22 posts

Posted 04 February 2024 - 12:08

I was lucky enough to see the wonderful Rosso Bianco Collection when it was still in Aschaffenburg. Some of the cars have ended up in the Louwman Museum in The Hague.but it's a shadow of its former self. Apart from the wonderful collection of sports-racing cars, there were also collections of motor-scooters and magnficent pre-war coachbuilt cars, and we should all be eternally grateful for sharing his collection with us..

RIP Peter Kaus,

#3 Doug Nye

Doug Nye

• 11,535 posts

Posted 04 February 2024 - 13:45

Peter Kaus was quite an amazing character.  He was bursting with enthusiasm for the cars he collected and after having begun - I think - with the serious intent to acquire one example of every Maserati sports car model he seemed to develop a real scatter-gun approach to what he would buy for his remarkable halls at Aschaffenburg.  I spent quite some time with him there in 2006 when he finally had to sell up, and Evert Louwman acquired most of the collection - then disposing via Bonhams auctions of those which were of little great interest to his own Dutch National Motor Museum (as it was known at the time).

After a few days with Peter I left convinced he really was engagingly potty but my goodness didn't he have his heart in the right place...

I am sorry to hear of his passing and would like to register sincere condolences to his family, friends and associates.

DCN

#4 Duc-Man

Duc-Man

• 1,394 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 08:58

Sad to hear. I've in Aschaffenburg a few times. It was an amazing collection.

RIP