Photo
* * * - - 26 votes

Telegraaf: Horner investigated for alleged "inappropriate behaviour" towards colleague [edited]

• Please log in to reply
9207 replies to this topic

#1 SenorSjon

SenorSjon

• 17,651 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 12:35

All over Dutch media now is that Horner is being investigated for not so nice behaviour against one person in the team. Independent investigations are started.

https://www.telegraa...hristian-horner

Advertisement

#2 krapmeister

krapmeister

• 11,656 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 12:39

Assuming this is the F1 'bombshell' that was rumoured to be coming out?

#3 Beri

Beri

• 11,668 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 12:43

The beginning of the end.

#4 SenorSjon

SenorSjon

• 17,651 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 12:45

I think it is. Can't find it anywhere else though. But the journo from the Telegraaf is covering F1 for ages now.

#5 JimmyClark

JimmyClark

• 4,857 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 12:46

Wasn't that Hamilton?

Right now it could be anything, re Horner. Without knowing details, we don't know how serious it would be.

We don't even know the context. It says "inappropriate behaviour to a team member", so it's obviously not a corporate issue (eg fraud).

It's either an allegation of bullying or something worse, but he doesn't strike me as the type for either of those.

I think it's probably best not to speculate too much beyond that before there are further details...

But I wonder who leaked it?

#6 SilverArrow31

SilverArrow31

• 5,082 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 12:52

Wasn't that Hamilton?

Right now it could be anything, re Horner. Without knowing details, we don't know how serious it would be.

We don't even know the context. It says "inappropriate behaviour to a team member", so it's obviously not a corporate issue (eg fraud).

It's either an allegation of bullying or something worse, but he doesn't strike me as the type for either of those.

I think it's probably best not to speculate too much beyond that before there are further details...

But I wonder who leaked it?

No theres a new "bombshell" coming apparently.

https://forums.autos.../#entry10493666

Edited by SilverArrow31, 05 February 2024 - 12:52.

#7 Thursday

Thursday

• 1,301 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 12:53

The question isn't where the leak is coming from, but why?

Who gains from Horner's downfall? Not Max and I think even Marko knows he is too old to be playing these sort of games and has no long term gain from Horner being booted.

#8 Sash1

Sash1

• 1,299 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 12:53

https://www.gpblog.c...-behaviour.html

In English a small summary.

#9 Slackbladder

Slackbladder

• 2,161 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 12:59

OOOOFFF This could shake things up hugely.

#10 Frankbullitt

Frankbullitt

• 3,179 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 12:59

Oh dear, will be step down while the investigation is on-going?

#11 Slackbladder

Slackbladder

• 2,161 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 13:01

The line 'we take this very seriously' means it must be very serious for a corporation to say.

#12 SophieB

SophieB
  • RC Forum Host

• 24,732 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 13:01

Too light on detail to do more than say that in general, I think that’s exactly the way allegations of wrongdoing should be handled - get in an independent investigator and co-operate fully.

#13 Frood

Frood

• 9,301 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 13:04

"Inappropriate behaviour" is so broad that this could be everything or nothing. I don't think it's worth speculation at this point.

#14 Stephane

Stephane

• 4,500 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 13:05

Of course it is worse speculation. What is ther to speculate when everything is known ?

#15 Frood

Frood

• 9,301 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 13:07

Of course it is worse speculation. What is ther to speculate when everything is known ?

When people start speculating about things like this, without any further information, it could lead to rumours which are borderline libellous.

#16 Frankbullitt

Frankbullitt

• 3,179 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 13:10

This thread will be all over the shop until details are revealed (and that is if they are ever revealed).

Brace yourselves. 

#17 SophieB

SophieB
  • RC Forum Host

• 24,732 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 13:10

Because it’s not reasonable, fair or legal to just suggest someone is probably guilty of things that would damage their reputation if believed!

#18 SenorSjon

SenorSjon

• 17,651 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 13:14

By that, it is weird this is out in the open.

#19 Frankbullitt

Frankbullitt

• 3,179 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 13:16

By that, it is weird this is out in the open.

RB getting ahead of it, or trying to at least.

Advertisement

#20 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 33,684 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 13:16

Interesting. Surprised it broke in the Dutch media.

#21 JL14

JL14

• 627 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 13:18

This has the potential to cause some serious mayhem in Red Bull and derail their season, if the would end up without a team principal and the guy that has been leading team for 18 years.

Wonder who could/would take his place?

#22 DeKnyff

DeKnyff

• 5,387 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 13:19

When people start speculating about things like this, without any further information, it could lead to rumours which are borderline libellous.

There is an ongoing investigation. No one is speculating about anything, at least in this thread, but you can’t ignore the fact, neither.

#23 JL14

JL14

• 627 posts

This might even lead to Max quitting Red Bull and joining Mercedes  :rotfl:

#24 thefinalapex

thefinalapex

• 3,928 posts

Interesting. Surprised it broke in the Dutch media.

There were rumours last year about a sort of stand off between Marko and Horner and that Max is on Marko's side because of their history together. As Erik van Haren is very close to the Verstappens and is usually on the money i think there maybe could be more to this then meets the eye.

#25 cbo

cbo

• 840 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 13:20

Because it’s not reasonable, fair or legal to just suggest someone is probably guilty of things that would damage their reputation if believed!

That is soooo 20th Century.......😉😁

#26 RainyAfterlifeDaylight

RainyAfterlifeDaylight

• 4,724 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 13:22

This has the potential to cause some serious mayhem in Red Bull and derail their season, if the would end up without a team principal and the guy that has been leading team for 18 years.

Wonder who could/would take his place?

1200px-G%C3%BCnther_Steiner_at_the_2022_

#27 Frood

Frood

• 9,301 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 13:22

There is an ongoing investigation. No one is speculating about anything, at least in this thread, but you can’t ignore the fact, neither.

I know, and I wasn't calling out Stephane for it, either. Just thought it was worth saying it in case anybody wanted to.

#28 Autodromo

Autodromo

• 782 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 13:25

Who gains from Horner's downfall? Not Max and I think even Marko knows he is too old to be playing these sort of games and has no long term gain from Horner being booted.

Maybe the person who was the subject of this behavior leaked it?  Or their representative.  If it is bullying he can probably survive that, but not if he had an affair.

#29 Stephane

Stephane

• 4,500 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 13:26

I said speculation, not suggestion

#30 SparkPlug86

SparkPlug86

• 1,973 posts

Wouldn’t put it past Marko to have tried to oust Horner. They really don’t get along well from what is understood. I hope there is nothing to this and equally, if nothing would be quite stressful for Horner. Fair play to RB to hiring outside investigators, but I imagine this is something serious.

#31 Burtros

Burtros

• 3,332 posts

Anyone read the Daily Mail and know if Gerri is still wearing her wedding ring?

#32 SparkPlug86

SparkPlug86

• 1,973 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 13:30

Anyone read the Daily Mail and know if Gerri is still wearing her wedding ring?

Fair shout.

#33 JHSingo

JHSingo

• 8,961 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 13:39

Sounds quite serious. I just hope this is something that has happened fairly recently, and not something that's been covered up for a while and is only being investigated now that it is in the public domain..

Edited by JHSingo, 05 February 2024 - 13:40.

#34 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 11,578 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 13:41

Sounds quite serious. I just hope this is something that has happened fairly recently, and not something that's been covered up for a while and is only being investigated now that it is in the public domain..

This is usually the case though isn't it.

#35 Desdirodeabike

Desdirodeabike

• 1,954 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 13:45

In the age of cancel culture, this stuff almost always ends with the person accused leaving his position. Whether the accusations hold water or not.

#36 mstar

mstar

• 1,837 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 13:50

Does this explain why in February him and Geri have been out and about a lot in February,  as he has been suspended pending conclusion of the investigation? 

#37 Red5ive

Red5ive

• 1,774 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 13:51

Max runs the team anyway doesnt he.

#38 ensign14

ensign14

• 62,008 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 13:54

I said speculation, not suggestion

That's just as bad though.  Opinions must be based on true facts.

#39 Mark521

Mark521

• 532 posts

Just to add to RainyAfterlifeDaylight's post #26: Just think of how much fun a team run by Steiner and Marko would be, DTS could double their audience size overnight.  :rotfl:

Seriously, I do hope this all just a big misunderstanding and all parties are satisfied with the results of the investigation.

Advertisement

#40 macjim

macjim

• 152 posts

Made the daily hate now:

https://www.dailymai...accusation.html

#41 steferrari

steferrari

• 1,591 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 13:55

What the hell is Vasseur cooking?  :rotfl:

#42 DeKnyff

DeKnyff

• 5,387 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 13:57

If there is an investigation going on inside the team, many people have to be aware of it and anyone could have leaked it.

#43 renzmann

renzmann

• 5,999 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 13:58

I hope it's not serious, as this can cause all kinds of trouble for the team. I'm still recovering from Marc Overmars leaving Ajax, and Ajax's spectacular downfall afterwards - not to mention the weird stuff women had to endure at my favourite club. I really hope this is all just a storm in a teacup.

I agree it's best not to speculate too much, but one aspect from Dutch media that hasn't been mentioned here is that supposedly the allegations came from one particular member of the team. This suggests any misconduct might not have been systematic. Then again, other members of the team might speak up in the investigation.

Horner's reaction reveals something as well. He fully denies all allegations. To me, that sounds like it must have been serious allegations. Had it been a team member who felt unsafe because of some rude comment, I reckon Horner had reacted differently.

#44 Slackbladder

Slackbladder

• 2,161 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 14:00

I hope it's not serious, as this can cause all kinds of trouble for the team. I'm still recovering from Marc Overmars leaving Ajax, and Ajax's spectacular downfall afterwards - not to mention the weird stuff women had to endure at my favourite club. I really hope this is all just a storm in a teacup.

I agree it's best not to speculate too much, but one aspect from Dutch media that hasn't been mentioned here is that supposedly the allegations came from one particular member of the team. This suggests any misconduct might not have been systematic. Then again, other members of the team might speak up in the investigation.

Horner's reaction reveals something as well. He fully denies all allegations. To me, that sounds like it must have been serious allegations. Had it been a team member who felt unsafe because of some rude comment, I reckon Horner had reacted differently.

It also means something which they couldn't deal with internally, so effectively something they couldn't 'settle' one way or another.

#45 Stephane

Stephane

• 4,500 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 14:03

That's just as bad though. Opinions must be based on true facts.

That would change the world if that was the case.

#46 Yoshi

Yoshi

• 3,379 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 14:03

It seems something happend at the Hahnenkamm ski race (end of January)

#47 Stephane

Stephane

• 4,500 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 14:05

you don't want to speculate but do it anyway....

#48 RedRabbit

RedRabbit

• 3,250 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 14:06

In the age of cancel culture, this stuff almost always ends with the person accused leaving his position. Whether the accusations hold water or not.

Marko says hi. You don't remember the uproar last year about his comments around Perez?

#49 Garagista

Garagista

• 1,219 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 14:06

I just Know Antonio Felix da Costa said in a Brazilian Podcast that things in Red Bull are really bad and that the environment is really bad.

he then said he didn't want to say anything else as a question of Respect for the team.

Edited by Garagista, 05 February 2024 - 14:06.

#50 renzmann

renzmann

• 5,999 posts

Posted 05 February 2024 - 14:08

you don't want to speculate but do it anyway....

I can't deny it :up: