- - - - -

15 inch rim tires

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bob Riebe

Bob Riebe

• 3,076 posts

Posted 08 February 2024 - 19:28

I have found out, that some sizes for 15 inch rims are becoming rare to extinct.

I run 215/70 Michelin Xi3 snow tires on my 1978 Olds Delta 88.

Now , especially with this pissant warm winter, they will last an extra year as I had no reason to put them on the car, BUT, I figured they will not get any cheaper, are fantastic in the snow, SO, buy another set before prices go up.

Discontinued.

The replacement has no 15 inch sizes larger than 195.

For truly well above average snow tires my only choice then is now Bridgestone Blizzak, which are more expensive and have zero warranty.

The Michelins had a 40,000 mile warranty.

The auto tire industry, especially in the U.S. a pathetic shadow of what it once was.

I did see they now offer high performance snow tires., rather than shadow, more like a pool of diarrhea shite.

Advertisement

#2 Canuck

Canuck

• 2,411 posts

Posted 23 February 2024 - 01:37

I ran Nokian Hakkapeliittas in a similar size on my '87 5-series. To say they were a game changer is an understatement. Definitely a fan.

#3 Lee Nicolle

Lee Nicolle

• 11,179 posts

Posted 09 April 2024 - 13:00

I ran Nokian Hakkapeliittas in a similar size on my '87 5-series. To say they were a game changer is an understatement. Definitely a fan.

Never heard of those, they look alright though. Though for me snow tyres? I have only seen snow in Adelaide once in the last decade, at the very top of our biggest hill// mountain. 

I sold a set of whitewalls that size today. Normal highway tyres ofcourse. Went on rallyes for an late 60s Impala.