Photo

Arturo Keller - collector extraordinary

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Doug Nye

Doug Nye

• 11,583 posts

Posted 23 February 2024 - 19:52

More sad news, this time that the great American-domiciled Mexican great car enthusiast and collector Arturo Keller has passed away, aged 91.  The car museum he created on his vineyard at Petaluma, California, was absolutely one of the world's finest.  Arturo used to tell how he'd loved cars since he was a kid, "I bought many - and have never sold one, not one".

I'm not quite sure how literally true that was, but I prefer to believe him.  Quiet, undemonstrative, always quite understated when at a public event, he was a great man.  His Keller components company was tremendously successful, supplying upholstery and trim panels for GM, Ford, Chrysler, VW and Nissan.

His particular love - apart from his lovely wife Deborah, and the family to whom I extend my most sincere sympathy - was Mercedes-Benz and - amongst supreme examples of so many other marques - he owned, restored and preserved many of simply stupendous quality.

Excuse my Spanish but "AdiĆ³s Arturo, fue un privilegio conocerlo".

DCN

Edited by Doug Nye, 23 February 2024 - 19:56.

Advertisement

#2 Scuderia CC

Scuderia CC

• 119 posts

Posted 24 February 2024 - 06:31

Very sad news. Lots of Bugattis too in his superb collection. Incredible collection.

R.I.P