- - - - -

365 cid Dodge R5P7 NASCAR Engine

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bob Riebe

Bob Riebe

• 3,026 posts

Posted 08 March 2024 - 23:31

Now that Eatmon and his team have put the finishing touches on the Dodge R5P7 NASCAR engine, it puts out 750 horsepower at 7,800 rpm and peak torque of 540 lb.-ft. at 6,500 rpm with a 10:1 compression ratio.

https://www.enginebu...-nascar-engine/

image8-copy.jpg

image11-copy.jpg

image2-copy.jpg

Advertisement

#2 Magoo

Magoo

• 3,729 posts

Posted 10 March 2024 - 00:12

Concord-081.jpg

There's a whole bunch of Dodge R5P7 engines and parts around at cheap prices (compared to original cost, anyway). Best stuff money could buy when it was new. 

#3 Bob Riebe

Bob Riebe

• 3,026 posts

Posted 10 March 2024 - 18:06

Some years back Dodge also had a sprint car engine; same same basic design?

#4 Magoo

Magoo

• 3,729 posts

Posted 10 March 2024 - 21:41

If I am remembering this right, the Mopar sprint car engine used an aluminum version of the R5 block but with a different cylinder head, W9 I think. The NASCAR truck engine, which came before the Cup engine was yet another deal. 

They were all originally based on the LA engine architecture, piggybacked with new block, new heads, new block again and so on until it eventually ended up as something else entirely. I couldn't begin to tell you what interchanges where. 

This is all from memory so it may be wrong. 

#5 Lee Nicolle

Lee Nicolle

• 11,069 posts

Posted 09 April 2024 - 11:14

If I am remembering this right, the Mopar sprint car engine used an aluminum version of the R5 block but with a different cylinder head, W9 I think. The NASCAR truck engine, which came before the Cup engine was yet another deal. 

They were all originally based on the LA engine architecture, piggybacked with new block, new heads, new block again and so on until it eventually ended up as something else entirely. I couldn't begin to tell you what interchanges where. 

This is all from memory so it may be wrong. 

Many moons ago when the Braziers were using Dodge Sprintcar engines here in Oz the one I had a look at had all the mounting points on the side of the block to fit in a roadcar. 

Top end was all sprinter. And fairly sure it had a t/c drive for oil pump and waterpump. The rest I am unsure. While they were touted as 'the' Mopar team the spare engine in the truck was a Chev and they used that in a couple of big shows. Unsure if the Dodge was broken or the Chev was better