Photo

1988-1990 Porsche Club Great Britain drivers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bigears

bigears

• 975 posts

Posted 30 April 2024 - 08:48

Hello, I am researching about the Birmingham Superprix and I am currently undetaking a big goal, to get all of the timesheets of every session that took place at the Birmingham Superprix street track which lasted for 5 years (1986-1990)

I nearly got all of the timesheets from 1986 and I got all of the timesheets from 1987. But there are still a lot of gaps from 1988-1990.

Right now, I am looking for the timesheets of the Porsche Club Great Britain (PCGB) of the qualifying sessions and race results of the Porsche races that took place from 1988-1990.

I have contacted PCGB and unfortunately they don't have anything as Jeffrey May (Motorsport Director at the time) passed away some time ago and Steve Kelvin have been helpful a few years ago with the video footage until he passed away a few years ago.

There have been a lot of drivers took part in the Porsche races but they are hard to find. So far I found one driver and he only got the qualifying session of the Porsche event at the 1989 Birmingham Superprix.

I am wondering if any of you TNFers can help me to find or know any ex Porsche drivers or team owners that might have a copy of the timesheets I am looking for.

Thank you

Advertisement

#2 Gregor Marshall

Gregor Marshall

• 1,325 posts

Posted 07 May 2024 - 19:47

Evening - I assume you've seen these:-

https://www.mmclassi...mpionship-1989/

As far as I know, Chris Millard, Nigel Corner and Jamie Maserati are still around and of course Mike Jordan and Valentine Lindsay definitely are, so a few people to try ;)