Photo

Rod Pickering (F3, Formula Libre and sportscar driver)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Richard Jenkins

Richard Jenkins

• 7,231 posts

Posted 14 May 2024 - 18:10

I have been contacted by Rod's daughter, to say, firstly, that he is alive and well and now 85 years of age, but secondly that both Rod and his daughter would  - and I quote:

My Father would love any contact with anyone that was part of that era of racing or interested in it.

Just a reminder that Pickering drove in Formula Libre, often in a Lotus 22, but also a Cooper-Monaco, more often than not at Mallory Park and Oulton Park.

Indeed, Mallory was where he made his only Formula 2 start, in 1971, finishing 8th but also raced in Formula 3.

He also raced a Brabham BT23, which he bought from Bob Howlings in 1970 and then later sold back to Howlings one year later. He took notable triumphs at the Morning Telegraph Trophy at Cadwell Park and the Hagley Trophy at Castle Combe in the latter series, in 1967.

He appears to be as sharp as a tack, so if anyone would like to speak to him on his memories, please PM Me and I'll put you in touch with his daughter.

Advertisement

#2 GMiranda

GMiranda

• 1,195 posts

Posted 14 May 2024 - 21:12

I have been contacted by Rod's daughter, to say, firstly, that he is alive and well and now 85 years of age, but secondly that both Rod and his daughter would  - and I quote:

Just a reminder that Pickering drove in Formula Libre, often in a Lotus 22, but also a Cooper-Monaco, more often than not at Mallory Park and Oulton Park.

Indeed, Mallory was where he made his only Formula 2 start, in 1971, finishing 8th but also raced in Formula 3.

He also raced a Brabham BT23, which he bought from Bob Howlings in 1970 and then later sold back to Howlings one year later. He took notable triumphs at the Morning Telegraph Trophy at Cadwell Park and the Hagley Trophy at Castle Combe in the latter series, in 1967.

He appears to be as sharp as a tack, so if anyone would like to speak to him on his memories, please PM Me and I'll put you in touch with his daughter.

That's quite interesting!! I wonder if my English is good enough...