• 3,052 posts

Posted 26 May 2024 - 21:36

Practice starts tomorrow. :clap:

Advertisement

#2 crooky369

crooky369

• 649 posts

Posted 26 May 2024 - 22:08

Looks like another year of impressive coverage.

The usual ITV daily highlights plus the new(ish) TT+ service that allows you to actually watch the races in full.

https://www.autospor...tails/10612057/

#3 balmybaldwin

balmybaldwin

• 2,175 posts

Posted 26 May 2024 - 22:37

I'm going this year for my first visit. :clap:

Going to arrive Wednesday of the second week thru to second sunday

#4 LittleChris

LittleChris

• 3,777 posts

Posted 26 May 2024 - 23:31

Looks like another year of impressive coverage.

The usual ITV daily highlights plus the new(ish) TT+ service that allows you to actually watch the races in full.

https://www.autospor...tails/10612057/

The TT+ package is well worth it.  Live coverage ( give or take 40 secs) and year round content plus archive stuff.  

Not there for the TT  this year but over for the Southern 100 next month which is on the Billown circuit so 10 mins walk from the airport !!. 

#5 loki

loki

• 12,802 posts

Posted 26 May 2024 - 23:56

+1 on the TT package.  It’s been the only thing comprehensive over here for a few years.  I haven’t even looked to see if we have ITV.

#6 F1matt

F1matt

• 3,411 posts

Posted 27 May 2024 - 10:59

Hopefully the weather will behave itself so the timetable runs smoothly and everyone gets plenty of practice in, and we see some great racing. As for all you fortunate people who are attending the event, have a great time, very envious!

#7 loki

loki

• 12,802 posts

Posted 27 May 2024 - 18:10

Big props for the Apple TV app and integration to universal log in.  Much better than many of the others.  

Still a bit of shiny pavement a bit ahead of the Ramsey Hairpin.  Everyone gingerly feeling their way around.

#8 BarryinIN

BarryinIN

• 121 posts

Posted 27 May 2024 - 19:20

I love the IOMTT. I know that doesn’t add anything to the thread, but I walk around saying it a lot this time of year, so might as well say it here too.

Old time racing.

Come on, Hickman. (Or any BMW.)

#9 messy

messy

• 7,626 posts

Posted 28 May 2024 - 12:11

Th

I love the IOMTT. I know that doesn’t add anything to the thread, but I walk around saying it a lot this time of year, so might as well say it here too.
Old time racing.
Come on, Hickman. (Or any BMW.)

It's special isn't it. For me it signals the start of the summer, the Island looks beautiful and everything so lush and green, and it's just an old style adventure of an event, a throwback to a byegone era which I still can't quite believe still happens - but I'm really glad it does.

#10 messy

messy

• 7,626 posts

Posted 28 May 2024 - 17:05

I wish Brad Pitt would bugger off.

#11 loki

loki

• 12,802 posts

Posted 28 May 2024 - 19:04

That's about to change Messy, unfortunately, we're going full "Drive to Survive" in '25 with "The Greatest Race on Earth"

The IOMTT produced No Room for Error is great this year.  Needs sub titles though.  :rotfl:  :lol:

#12 LittleChris

LittleChris

• 3,777 posts

Posted 28 May 2024 - 21:14

The IOMTT produced No Room for Error is great this year.  Needs sub titles though.  :rotfl:  :lol:

Mike Browne does have quite a strong accent !! Good lad, quiet but very dry and really enjoyed the podcast he did with Lee Johnston and Chris Pritchard a little while ago where his personality really came out 

Mike Browne: Cool, Calm & Collected | The TT Podcast - E42.1 (youtube.com)

#13 loki

loki

• 12,802 posts

Posted 29 May 2024 - 08:07

Here’s a bit about the movie and a docu-series.

https://us.motorspor...-film/10616936/

#14 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 45,073 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 21:46

The kids at the pub LOVE the TT

IMG-3303.jpg
Jp

#15 loki

loki

• 12,802 posts

Posted 02 June 2024 - 21:08

Bucket list.  Watch the race from Creg Ny Baa.

#16 sportyskells

sportyskells

• 5,081 posts

Posted 04 June 2024 - 11:37

Mother Nature today is providing the headache for the Tt today

#17 Jambo

Jambo

• 2,617 posts

Posted 05 June 2024 - 10:16

What happened in here?!

#18 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 63,369 posts

Posted 05 June 2024 - 12:57

Michael Dunlop breaking Joey's record of most TT race wins?

#19 AlexPrime

AlexPrime

• 4,277 posts

Posted 05 June 2024 - 14:13

Michael Dunlop breaking Joey's record of most TT race wins?

Yes, amazing.  :clap:

Advertisement

#20 Peat

Peat

• 9,018 posts

Posted 05 June 2024 - 14:59

Remarkable achievement. Mad b**tard!

#21 Sterzo

Sterzo

• 5,307 posts

Posted 05 June 2024 - 21:06

Remarkable achievement. Mad b**tard!

They're all insane, but Michael makes it incredibly obvious. Not only does he ignore the laws of physics, but the laws of physics step back and give up when he rides.

#22 ArnageWRC

ArnageWRC

• 2,168 posts

Posted 05 June 2024 - 21:44

They're all insane, but Michael makes it incredibly obvious. Not only does he ignore the laws of physics, but the laws of physics step back and give up when he rides.

They're not insane, nor mad.......There was a Motorsport magazine podcast interview with McPint years ago - and he disliked it when people used those words.....It made out that's all they had,  when they have as much talent as any other top motorsport riders/drivers.

#23 Bob Riebe

Bob Riebe

• 3,052 posts

Posted 06 June 2024 - 03:28

HICKMAN CLAIMS 14TH TT WIN IN DRAMATIC SUPERBIKE BATTLE

Peter Hickman claimed his 14th TT win during a dramatic RST Superbike race at the Isle of Man TT Races, matching Mike Hailwood’s tally. The Monster Energy BMW by FHO Racing rider taking the lead on the final lap to win by 5.84 seconds from Davey Todd (Milwaukee BMW) with Dean Harrison (Honda Racing) in third.

It was one of the most thrilling races of recent times as Michael Dunlop (MasterMac by Hawk/MD Racing Honda) originally led by twenty-five seconds at two-thirds race distance only to have an issue with the sidepod on his visor leaving the pits after his second stop - this resulted in him stopping on Bray Hill, which dropped him down to fourth.

[snip]

https://www.iomttrac...perbike-battle/

Edited by Risil, 06 June 2024 - 08:51.
Please don't copy and paste whole articles without attribution!

#24 sportyskells

sportyskells

• 5,081 posts

Posted 06 June 2024 - 13:07

A sidecar race is now the cause of the next delay riders ok

#25 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 63,369 posts

Posted 06 June 2024 - 13:08

Good to hear. The sidecars are scary at the TT.

#26 Bob Riebe

Bob Riebe

• 3,052 posts

Posted 09 June 2024 - 03:05

https://www.iomttrac...senior-tt-race/

TODD VICTORIOUS IN PRESTIGIOUS MILWAUKEE SENIOR TT RACE

Davey Todd claimed a second win of the week at the Isle of Man TT Races, the Milwaukee BMW rider taking victory in a dramatic Milwaukee Senior by 39.084 seconds from Josh Brookes (Monster Energy BMW by FHO Racing) with Dean Harrison (Honda Racing UK) in third.

That only tells half the story though as Brookes’ team-mate Peter Hickman led at the end of lap one after lapping at 135.523mph. He was on course for a new outright lap record only to come off, uninjured, at Ginger Hall whilst record 29-time winner Michael Dunlop (MasterMac Hawk Honda) retired on the first lap....

...An opening lap of 135.23mph gave Hickman a 2.7 seconds lead over Todd (135.159mph) and it was now Brookes in third, the Australian lapping at 133.388mph. Harrison (132.976mph), Hillier (130.777mph) and Mike Browne (130.536mph) now occupied fourth to sixth, the latter finally setting his first 130mph lap on the IN Competition Aprilia, as McGuinness, Shaun Anderson (Team Classic Suzuki), Nathan Harrison (Honda Racing UK) and Dominic Herbertson (Burrows Engineering/RK Racing BMW) rounded out the top ten....

...Starting the fourth final lap, Todd was more than half a minute clear and on his way to a famous win and despite his vast advantage, he pressed on, continually increasing his lead. With a trouble-free final lap, the 28-year old duly brought the bike home 39 seconds ahead of Brookes who claimed his best TT result in second.

Dean Harrison took a comfortable third ahead of fellow Honda rider Hillier and the race for fifth saw McGuinness come out on top as he got the better of the impressive Browne by seven seconds. Nathan Harrison finished in a fine seventh, his best TT result, and it was Anderson who eventually got the verdict for eighth – aided by a new personal best lap of 130.703mph - ahead of Rutter and Paul Jordan (Jackson Racing Honda).

#27 motorhead

motorhead

• 1,569 posts

Posted 09 June 2024 - 08:12

New racing week schedule showed it´s weakness. Last year it seemed ok, becouse of the good weather. It is more difficult to re-schedule if racing calender is already spread like this. As a result there were too many shortened races and only 4 lap Senior TT and even one cancelled superbike race. 

It is all about governments decision to attract more "pucket list" people for short holidays, people are not coming for a whole practise or race week. I usually spend there 8-10 days and as a spectator I liked the old format. It had more flexibility in re-scheduling weather related interruptions. It was also nice to have days off to do something else there. 

Edited by motorhead, 09 June 2024 - 08:37.

#28 GregThomas

GregThomas

• 255 posts

Posted 09 June 2024 - 09:12

Looking at the video of Hickman's off, he picked a good spot to have it. Well padded wall to bounce off.

Traction was lost so suddenly you'd have to wonder if there was something on the line. Oil or a pebble ?

It's slightly off camber so it wouldn't take much to affect a bike.

#29 balmybaldwin

balmybaldwin

• 2,175 posts

Posted 10 June 2024 - 22:01

I think, unusually he was just pushing too hard on a circuit with very little rubbering in he was on for a record lap according to the commentary.

Just back from an amazing week.

At times it was frustrating, the weather was the worst it could have been for schedulers.  Scattered showers moving at pace from the north west on the radar, dissipating and emerging all the time. Spent a lot of time sitting in the sun hearing about it slowly drying at ramsey/bungalow etc, almost ready to race and then it rains on us for 30secs and sets it all back. In the sun it was glorious, in the shade the wind was bitter and cold. didn't get above 13 degree air temp all week. And while I get it was a new schedule so it got criticism, it was unusual weather (it is meant to be June ffs!)

However the races I did see were breathtaking. Viewed from a few places but as a result of the weather & uncertainty of racing stayed local to douglas - the run down to bradden bridge, the Nook at Quaterbridge,  bradden bridge itself (best view, but least exciting), and near the footbridge by the church just after the pits.

Horrible to experience a couple of red flags, (thankfully all OK-ish. Haven't seen an update on the Supertwin crash other than stable).

Great to see Davey Todd make his breakthrough.

But overall, what a great bunch of people to experience an amazing feat of motorsport with.

Hopefully my liver will recover in time for next year :smoking:

Got loads of pics to go through, will post any good ones (I've got plenty of shots of rear wheels, not sure how many full bikesI actually caught!!)

Edited by balmybaldwin, 10 June 2024 - 22:02.