Danica Patrick - Conspiracy Nut?

• Please log in to reply
379 replies to this topic

#1 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 49,921 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 10:58

This is going around various social media and was even mentioned in PC.

"

Has anyone actually watched her videos? I’ve not had time yet. Does she actually buy into this stuff? Is she just giving these people a platform?

Her trackside analysis doesn’t seem to be suffering, going by her recent SSF1 punditry.

What’s going on?

Advertisement

#2 Gambelli

Gambelli

• 3,136 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 11:05

I'm in Egypt at the moment, and if two weeks ago you had asked me if there was ever a breed of Aliens on this planet, I would have said no.

Now, after seeing what the Egyptians built 5-7000 years ago, I'm genuinely starting to wonder..... the fact that to this day no one knows how they were able to not only build most of this, but physically move these items around and put them in place is really interesting.

For anyone who has seen the unfinished Obelisk in Aswan you'll know what I mean..... how were they going to move and erect that????

Sorry, a tangent I know........  Oh and, to cap of my weird tangent, on one of my flights here in Egypt I had an American woman sitting in front of me on the plane that looked and sounded exactly like Danica Patrick, I was going to ask her if she was ever told that, but these days as a male you aren't really allowed to talk to females you don't know, ha! (jokes - sort of!)

#3 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 49,921 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 11:06

OK maybe opening this here was a mistake…

#4 amerikalei

amerikalei

• 352 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 11:10

Wow.  It immediately made me think there's got to be a punchline later, where we're all supposed to laugh.  Right...? 

I also immediately found myself thinking Damien Power (WillyP's comedian brother) is much funnier when talking about his mushroom journeys.

#5 noikeee

noikeee

• 23,717 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 11:11

I generally don't tend to like the idea of cancelling people.

Would open an exception for her. And put her in a psychiatric ward.

#6 10kDA

10kDA

• 1,079 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 11:19

She's been doing these for a while. Whether she's down with all the stuff put forth by her guests is not discernible. Giving them a platform is how somebody would approach the running of podcasts like hers in a successful manner; in other words, everything is fair game as subject matter and debunkers should expect to be debunked in turn, nothing is 100% resolved, shake, rinse, repeat. Who knows - she's on a trajectory to become as well-known for what she does as Art Bell was. Many of her episodes are entertaining, and asking for more than entertainment here may be a reach LOL.

#7 ANF

ANF

• 32,105 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 11:27

Reptilian conspiracy theory
The idea of reptilians was popularised by David Icke, an anti-semitic conspiracy theorist who claims shapeshifting reptilian aliens control Earth by taking on human form and gaining political power to manipulate human societies. Icke has stated on multiple occasions that many world leaders are, or are possessed by, so-called reptilians.
https://en.m.wikiped...nspiracy_theory

I knew it sounded familiar. At first I thought it had something to do with Scientology, but apparently not.

#8 Secretariat

Secretariat

• 1,491 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 11:28

I will bite on the topic. I am agnostic to the concept/theory/conspiracy or whatever anyone wants to call it. I will approach it from a different angle at face value. Without having watched the clip, but having tangentially read and observed other bit of information on this subject over time (I'm a curious person, and like to thing of myself as open-minded), what exactly is the point of seeking out to identify these "reptilians"? Is it another example of regular humans identifying the "other"? Is it another example of putting the "other" in camps? Do we want to go war with them?  It generally appears as adversarial whenever I have seen this subject. I think human beings have spent enough time creating or inventing adversaries.

#9 Stephane

Stephane

• 4,928 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 11:29

What about the Illuminati?

#10 ANF

ANF

• 32,105 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 11:29

Well, what a shame.

#11 SenorSjon

SenorSjon

• 18,415 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 11:37

Some forget it was a Scifi series

https://www.imdb.com...=tt_sims_tt_i_1

#12 Raest

Raest

• 1,259 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 11:43

Wasn't she dating Aaron Rodgers? Figures... 

#13 CSF

CSF

• 3,031 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 11:44

Maybe she is the reptile and this is deflection. 

But yes, I was surprised her contract was renewed after some of the stuff at the end of 2023 too. 

Edited by CSF, 26 June 2024 - 11:45.

#14 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 49,921 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 11:47

What’s the TLDR on Aaron Rodgers? No does who he is.

#15 Beri

Beri

• 13,003 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 11:48

We are all children of god. Apparently. I've never met my "dad", so I guess that makes me an atheist.

#16 messy

messy

• 7,868 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 11:55

I haven't looked into this so I might easily be overlooking some really dodgy stuff, but I don't think there's anything wrong with being interested in slightly wacky stuff. I find UFOs, the paranormal, bigfoot, stuff like that endlessly interesting and would happily discuss it with anyone whether deep down I believe in it or not. I class myself as an enthusiastic sceptic who actively wants someone to prove me wrong. All thereptilian stuff is way too daft, though. I suppose its when that tips over into something that's dangerous or damaging to others, or becomes something you can't look at logically and in the context of acceptable 21st century society that it becomes something more than an interest in wacky stuff, but I don't know where that line is and if it even exists. Has she crossed it? How can you even tell?

I think I'll steer clear, though.

Edited by messy, 26 June 2024 - 11:58.

#17 Collombin

Collombin

• 9,198 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 11:57

Who'd have thought he was the sensible one?

#18 Disgrace

Disgrace

• 33,150 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 12:02

Think we now know who sent the mystery Mercedes sabotage email?

#19 Collombin

Collombin

• 9,198 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 12:04

What’s the TLDR on Aaron Rodgers? No does who he is.

Ex-Packers (the team I support) QB, incredible player, but a conspiracy theorist and diva who misled everyone about his vaccination status during COVID, amongst other things. I think many Green Bay fans are grateful for his performances on the field, but delighted that he's another team's problem now.

Advertisement

#20 Whatisvalis

Whatisvalis

• 2,251 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 12:10

I'm in Egypt at the moment, and if two weeks ago you had asked me if there was ever a breed of Aliens on this planet, I would have said no.

Now, after seeing what the Egyptians built 5-7000 years ago, I'm genuinely starting to wonder..... the fact that to this day no one knows how they were able to not only build most of this, but physically move these items around and put them in place is really interesting.

For anyone who has seen the unfinished Obelisk in Aswan you'll know what I mean..... how were they going to move and erect that????

Sorry, a tangent I know........  Oh and, to cap of my weird tangent, on one of my flights here in Egypt I had an American woman sitting in front of me on the plane that looked and sounded exactly like Danica Patrick, I was going to ask her if she was ever told that, but these days as a male you aren't really allowed to talk to females you don't know, ha! (jokes - sort of!)

OK maybe opening this here was a mistake…

:rotfl:

#21 Gambelli

Gambelli

• 3,136 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 12:29

:rotfl:

LOL, damn it, am I now considered a nutter????

#22 ensign14

ensign14

• 63,414 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 12:30

Other than we literally have the diary of someone who built a pyramid.

#23 Gambelli

Gambelli

• 3,136 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 12:35

Interesting read, though it doesn't explain how the pyramids were built, there are still so many theories, all have massive faults with them, and again, to me, it's not the pyramids that are the most fascinating from the engineering sense, it's the one piece obelisks and columns at the temples that are far more remarkable.

Anyway, way off tangent, lets just all agree that Aliens helped the Egyptians do the muscle work and move on! :)

#24 red stick

red stick

• 14,933 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 12:41

When I woke up this morning, thinking about how Erich von Däniken never really goes away was not on my list . . .

Sigh.  ;)

#25 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 29,315 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 12:44

FWIW I like Danica as a pundit on Sky. Think she generally says interesting stuff, and when it comes to the fly by interviews I think she asks good questions.

I'm not too fussed if she has some nutty other opinions, provided they're not making it on to the Sky coverage.

#26 pup

pup

• 3,018 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 12:45

I guess that if you’ve got a world full of stupid people trying to explain things that scare or bewilder them, it’s better that they to have aliens to blame rather than gods.

#27 red stick

red stick

• 14,933 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 12:45

When the documentary on her from a few years back spent more than five seconds on her interest in crystals, we were warned.

#28 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 49,921 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 12:47

FWIW I like Danica as a pundit on Sky. Think she generally says interesting stuff, and when it comes to the fly by interviews I think she asks good questions.

I'm not too fussed if she has some nutty other opinions, provided they're not making it on to the Sky coverage.

Her free practice trackside analysis was excellent. When she was down at Wurth last Friday she was very informative. She definitely knows her trade.

#29 Whatisvalis

Whatisvalis

• 2,251 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 12:47

To be fair if you have resided amongst the 0.01%, the Lizard theory starts to make sense.

#30 noikeee

noikeee

• 23,717 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 12:49

To be fair if you have resided amongst the 0.01%, the Lizard theory starts to make sense.

As in she became more and more detached from reality, yes, makes sense.

#31 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 49,921 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 13:04

Just for the record, I really like Danica and have supported her since her Indycar debut. The conspiracy stuff is concerning.

#32 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 65,413 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 13:05

You might say the scales fell from her eyes

#33 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 29,315 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 13:08

When the documentary on her from a few years back spent more than five seconds on her interest in crystals, we were warned.

One of my favourite people - really clever, funny, interesting, nice guy, massively in to science, inventor and doctor - is in to crystals.

He knows I find it silly. We laugh about it. It's a big part of his life (it's actually really good for him, just more in a placebo effect combined with meditation way IMO than the way he believes it is, but if it works it works).

Pretty much everyone has some belief or beliefs that are probably very wrong.

I say "pretty much", because I don't.

#34 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 65,413 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 13:09

One of my favourite people - really clever, funny, interesting, nice guy, massively in to science, inventor and doctor - is in to crystals.

He knows I find it silly. We laugh about it. It's a big part of his life (it's actually really good for him, just more in a placebo effect combined with meditation way, but if it works it works).

Pretty much everyone has some belief or beliefs that are probably very wrong.

I say "pretty much", because I don't.

Look if you didn't like the magic crystals I send you for Christmas every year you could've just said

#35 STRFerrari4Ever

STRFerrari4Ever

• 14,428 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 13:09

Reptilian conspiracy theory
The idea of reptilians was popularised by David Icke, an anti-semitic conspiracy theorist who claims shapeshifting reptilian aliens control Earth by taking on human form and gaining political power to manipulate human societies. Icke has stated on multiple occasions that many world leaders are, or are possessed by, so-called reptilians.
https://en.m.wikiped...nspiracy_theory

I knew it sounded familiar. At first I thought it had something to do with Scientology, but apparently not.

As soon as I saw the title of the video I thought of David Icke, I remember watching his videos in 2011/12 about reptilians and it was certainly interesting to say the least lol.

I think she’s just giving people a platform to share their beliefs/views, whether she agrees or subscribes to some of the takes I’m not too sure.

#36 blackmme

blackmme

• 1,054 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 13:10

Just for the record, I really like Danica and have supported her since her Indycar debut. The conspiracy stuff is concerning

I suppose the line to be crossed is if she allows her personal belief's to cross over into her approach to punditry.  

For example if she gives Christian Horner a hard time because she believes his second driver choice is poor then that's fine. 

But if she gives Christian Horner a hard time because she believes he's a lizard and only re-signed Checo because he is also a lizard then probably not fine (unless they are both Lizards).

Regards Mike

#37 STRFerrari4Ever

STRFerrari4Ever

• 14,428 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 13:12

Interesting read, though it doesn't explain how the pyramids were built, there are still so many theories, all have massive faults with them, and again, to me, it's not the pyramids that are the most fascinating from the engineering sense, it's the one piece obelisks and columns at the temples that are far more remarkable.

Anyway, way off tangent, lets just all agree that Aliens helped the Egyptians do the muscle work and move on! :)

Check out, Erich von Däniken - Chariots of the Gods on Gaia it certainly caught my eye when I checked it out and I like listening to how he explains and breaks things down, plus the accent too.

Edited by STRFerrari4Ever, 26 June 2024 - 13:16.

#38 red stick

red stick

• 14,933 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 13:14

See?

#39 Gabrci

Gabrci

• 674 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 13:14

I recall something from her last summer about not using sunscreen because the only thing that matters is what one eats or something along those lines, which sounded sketchy enough but wow. 

Advertisement

#40 F1Frog

F1Frog

• 837 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 13:15

I haven't looked into this so I might easily be overlooking some really dodgy stuff, but I don't think there's anything wrong with being interested in slightly wacky stuff. I find UFOs, the paranormal, bigfoot, stuff like that endlessly interesting and would happily discuss it with anyone whether deep down I believe in it or not. I class myself as an enthusiastic sceptic who actively wants someone to prove me wrong. All thereptilian stuff is way too daft, though. I suppose its when that tips over into something that's dangerous or damaging to others, or becomes something you can't look at logically and in the context of acceptable 21st century society that it becomes something more than an interest in wacky stuff, but I don't know where that line is and if it even exists. Has she crossed it? How can you even tell?

I think I'll steer clear, though.

I agree, these sorts of nutty opinions are fascinating. I love reading them.

#41 Peat

Peat

• 9,269 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 13:18

S05E05-SilhRGDE-subtitled.jpg

#42 MattK9

MattK9

• 848 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 13:21

Lots of people want to believe in some sort of group of people (or a reptilian new world order in this case) are control everything. It is reassuring that someone or something is in control.

The reality is much scarier. No-one is in control and everybody is just winging it, making it up as they go along.

#43 RedRabbit

RedRabbit

• 3,452 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 13:22

Sorry, a tangent I know........ Oh and, to cap of my weird tangent, on one of my flights here in Egypt I had an American woman sitting in front of me on the plane that looked and sounded exactly like Danica Patrick, I was going to ask her if she was ever told that, but these days as a male you aren't really allowed to talk to females you don't know, ha! (jokes - sort of!)

The building of the pyramids was documented at the time by "project managers". There are historical records of each person who worked on the pyramids and what they were paid.

It's amazing what can be achieved using cantilevers and weights, technology that existed 1000s of years ago.

Egypt was also a different place back then, not quite the arid area it is today.

Edited by RedRabbit, 26 June 2024 - 13:23.

#44 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 29,315 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 13:25

The length of time the Great Pyramid of Giza spent as the tallest building in the world is pretty spectacular. 3,800 years, before being overtaken by Lincoln Cathedral.

Fun chart

EDIT: ha ha, my own chart contradicts me - says Old St Pauls. I was sure it was Lincoln.

#45 ensign14

ensign14

• 63,414 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 13:26

It's not technically that tricky, just involves huuuuuuge amounts of manpower - which proved impossible to sustain so they buried their Pharaohs in the Valley of the Kings instead, which has a natural pyramid.

We're talking a mix of religious devotion, indentured slavery, and labour as tax here.  Plus ancient Egypt was surprisingly easy to live in; plant the seed, wait for the Nile to flood, wait for seed to grow, harvest, bosh.  That's covered three months, what about the rest of the year?

#46 ensign14

ensign14

• 63,414 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 13:27

The length of time the Great Pyramid of Giza spent as the tallest building in the world is pretty spectacular. 3,800 years, before being overtaken by Lincoln Cathedral.

Fun chart

It also overtook Lincoln Cathedral once more, when Lincoln Cathedral's spire fell off.

#47 juicy sushi

juicy sushi

• 7,233 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 13:42

See?

No, and I don't want to.  Rather sick of conspiracy nuts in my day job, and I'm not going to tolerate them clogging up my entertainment as well.

#48 santori

santori

• 4,131 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 13:50

I don't agree with her, obviously, but I much prefer her as a controversial eccentric than as a journalist's badge of righteousness. I don't like being obliged to like people, and I don't like being obliged to dislike them.

Edited by santori, 26 June 2024 - 14:00.

#49 AncientLurker

AncientLurker

• 962 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 13:58

Paddock club for this thread?

I get that she commentates sometimes, but this does not seem relevant to F1 or racing.

#50 Collombin

Collombin

• 9,198 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 14:04

Danica Patricke.

Paddock club for this thread?

That's where it all started.