• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 130R

130R

• 3,509 posts

Posted 10 March 2000 - 23:35

Stewart Blames Schumacher in Crash

Friday March 10th, 2000

Three-time world drivers champion Jackie Stewart accused Michael Schumacher of going "over the top" and causing his own unnecessary accident in Friday's opening day of practice for Sunday's season opening Australian Grand Prix.

Schumacher, who clocked the fastest time for Ferrari before crashing out of the afternoon's action, was accused of lacking proper mind management and not taking due care by the former chief of the Jaguar team.

"He paid the price in the end for going over the top," said Stewart. "He was very enthusiastic, too enthusiastic in my opinion. I don't believe it is necessary to prove you are the fastest in every session in that kind of way.

"You could see it coming. He was off the track before and he seemed to lose control of himself. I said he was going to have an accident and he did. Everyone was going off because this track is always dirty and dangerous on the opening day -- I warned my drivers about it before the start.

"I was surprised that someone with his tremendous ability and experience made such an unnecessary mistake. He should have known better and if he was in my team I don't think I would have been too pleased with him."

Schumacher said he knew he was going too fast and blamed himself for his crash -- which happened ironically on a fast corner in a section of the track between the Stewart and Schumacher stands, named after each man.

If it had of been Mika, the Schuey fans would be predictably attacking his character, his ability, his manhood etc etc

Well,well, well. The Ferrari's look good!

Advertisement

#2 szs

szs

• 142 posts

Posted 10 March 2000 - 23:41

fyi, couthard and hakkinen spun and it was only luck that they didnt hit anything solid.

anyway, its nice to see all the anti schumis lose their nerves hours before the first qualifaction. :)

#3 130R

130R

• 3,509 posts

Posted 10 March 2000 - 23:44

nice try! good luck in Q! HAHAHA

I just watched the tape, it was a bit more than a spin!! Cheers!!

[This message has been edited by 130R (edited 03-10-2000).]

#4 FlagMan

FlagMan

• 475 posts

Posted 10 March 2000 - 23:58

I guess Mr Stewart is right - after all Schuey was the only one in the car! - that is until Frans comes up with the pictures that show us otherwise....

#5 The RedBaron

The RedBaron

• 6,593 posts

Posted 11 March 2000 - 00:02

I think 130R has taken over where JSN had left off. I can see him getting flamed for the rest of the year :eek:

#6 RAD

RAD

• 2,416 posts

Posted 11 March 2000 - 00:22

MS was on a hot lap and lossed it. **** happens. I agree with JS and MS should get a toungue lashing from JT and the mechanics.
Hey! That's racing.

Does anyone know of Ferrari's plans? I've read that Ferrari will rebuild the car for the qualifying effort. Why don't they just suit the T-car for MS? Wouldn't that save some time?

#7 DangerMouse

DangerMouse

• 2,628 posts

Posted 11 March 2000 - 00:37

There is a huge difference between a spin and pushing the car over the edge corner after corner. If Schumi just had a spin like DC and Mika that is completely acceptable, he didn't. He crashed whilst trying to drive as if he was qualifying - in the first practice which as I've said before is pointless and stupid.

Todt said the damage to the car was such that it will not be ready until race day.

#8 130R

130R

• 3,509 posts

Posted 11 March 2000 - 00:42

RedBaron - where did you come from? Now, I'm JSN. Ahhh, OK. GFY!

#9 f li

f li

• 299 posts

Posted 11 March 2000 - 02:59

Please remember where JYS is coming from --- This is a f1-pilot who doesn't have enought fingers and toes to count his friends who have died in this sport. When you see JYS as an ass --- ask yourself how many funerals have you gone to.

#10 F1razor

F1razor

• 907 posts

Posted 11 March 2000 - 03:30

PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!

Listen to you people! Look at all of the topics dedicated to a practice shunt at the beginning of the season on this board!

You're blind hatred of Schumacher has completely and totally warped your perspective. You people are OBSESSED with Michael Schumacher.

He simply cannot win, he sets fastest lap of the practice sessions and all you people can do is talk about the shunt.

It's not that big of a deal.

Geezuz, what is happening here? Is this a formula one web site?

Is this the site with all the huffing and puffing JV fans who wax poetic about the Canadians bravery slagging off Schumi for pushing his car to the limit in a practice session?

You'd think this was the bloody race!!!

#11 130R

130R

• 3,509 posts

Posted 11 March 2000 - 04:14

First of all, all that was done here is quote Jackie Stewart. The hard-core MS fans are the ones who get hysterical every time it is even implied he is imperfect.

Furthermore, as I have stated before, and others, I don't hate MS. I have a lot of respect for him and hvae openly stated on several occasions that I believe him to be the quickest current driver. I am not his biggest fan, sure, but please, calm down. The talking, as always, is done on the track.

Same old, same old. Mention MS and get attacked on a persoanl basis. Peace.

#12 Lantern

Lantern

• 2,408 posts

Posted 11 March 2000 - 04:20

What does he mean he warned "his" drivers? You don't have have any drivers, Jackie. You don't have a team....remember. You sold out ;)

Posted Image

#13 RedFever

RedFever

• 9,408 posts

Posted 11 March 2000 - 04:31

Lantern, very funny!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS. Confused about the difference between doing a 360 and breaking to late and losing the car.......unless we are talking about ballet, I thought a 360 is a sign you totally lost you car. So, why is it that Mika and DC's mistake are OK? just because there was not wall to hit? mah, beats me.

#14 Todd

Todd

• 18,936 posts

Posted 11 March 2000 - 04:50

I haven't seen the tape of Mika's spin, but every description I've read says he was fortunate to stay off the wall.

If it had of been Mika, the Schuey fans would be predictably attacking his character, his ability, his manhood etc etc

I've never seen Mika attacked for a one-car accident in practice, or anyone else except maybe Verstoppen for that matter. Until today, of course. I've seen Schumacher attacked on two bulletin boards for making a mistake anyone could make and most will in the course of a season.

130R, You're still my hero and everything, but you sound a little paranoid when you say Schumacher fans would be attacking Mika for doing the same thing. If Mika gets out of a wreck and waves to the croud, I think we'll all breathe a sigh of relief that he's sound physically and emotionally.

------------------
Forza Michael Schumacher,
Todd

#15 mono-posto

mono-posto

• 1,674 posts

Posted 11 March 2000 - 05:05

Jackie has been very critical of Ferrari lately. Could he be the least bit bitter that they lured away his best driver and gave him their second best? The irony!!

#16 Wolbo

Wolbo

• 12,543 posts

Posted 11 March 2000 - 05:51

Didn't scumi also totally wreck a car during pre-season testing in Italy?

That's two Ferrari's gone before the first race has even started. They can probably be expecting a call from their insurance company any time now ;)

#17 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 11 March 2000 - 06:03

****, Schumacher crashes in practice. His career is over

#18 Todd

Todd

• 18,936 posts

Posted 11 March 2000 - 08:25

I have to say that Michael Schumacher is doing a better job as a racing driver then Jackie Stewart has done as a team director. His Jaguar squad has not built on last season's success.

------------------
Todd

#19 Smooth

Smooth

• 10,359 posts

Posted 11 March 2000 - 09:23

So DangerMouse: We can say Button was being stupid as well? He was pushing to hard and lost it. Oh, but I guess we can say that was inexperience......

This is pathetic......

Advertisement

#20 Todd

Todd

• 18,936 posts

Posted 11 March 2000 - 09:29

DangerMouth,;)

Doh! You really stepped in it. I don't think there was anything wrong with what either driver did. At the top of this sport, margins are small. Better they found out in practice then 10 minutes into qualifying.

------------------
Todd