Post your Gran Turismo 3 times here

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#1 pRy

pRy

• 26,351 posts

Posted 26 August 2001 - 12:15

Posted Image

Here is a thread to post your fastest Gran Turismo 3 times at any circuit.

Please try to post the times in the following format ...

Circuit : Seattle 100 miles
Time : 1:34.232 <-- example time
Car : Nissan Skyline GT-R

You can also include additional details if you wish, such as the turbo info, controller, and any other details you wish to include. The more the better. Oh, and keep all your times in one post, just edit it to add/ammend your times.

Happy driving ! No rules, just pure speed.

Advertisement

#2 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 11,192 posts

Posted 26 August 2001 - 16:30

Circuit: Tokio's fastest (endurance)
Car: Mazda 787B
Time: 2 h 35 min 26.418 s
2nd racer was lapped 6 times

prize: 400 000 Cr.

Bonuscar: Polyphony001 (Dallara colours, but shark nose)

#3 Gemini

Gemini

• 3,822 posts

Posted 27 August 2001 - 11:14

I never tried any of the consoles, I only did PC sims, but I keep hearing that GT3 is the best thing since sliced bread was first offered...:)
Is it really worth it? If I buy PS2 I would probably use it only for this game. If I say that the most interesting part of the PC sims for me is doing setups, and full lenght races, do you think I would enjoy GT3? I am seriously thinking about buying, so here is last chance to stop me...;)

#4 Nairn

Nairn

• 89 posts

Posted 27 August 2001 - 21:34

Go ahead. I mean, the only reason I ever bought a PlayStation was to play GT1 on it (after playing it at someone else's house) and although I thought at the time thought it was brilliant, it didn't stop me buying other PlayStation games, even if I mainly use my PC.

The only thing really that is stopping me buying a PS2 however is that I can't afford one because I'm trying to save up as much money as I can for next year, so I'll just have to hope and pray that it comes out on the PC.

But if you want a PS2 to play GT3 on, don't let me stop you.:up:

#5 Viktor

Viktor

• 3,412 posts

Posted 27 August 2001 - 21:43

Originally posted by Nairn
so I'll just have to hope and pray that it comes out on the PC.

Your can stop your hoping and praying, it will never happen (unless someone releases a PS2 emulator for PC...). Sony knows that GT3 sells PS2 systems (GT3 is a Sony game) and if thay relese this game to the PC thay will sell less PS2 systems and less PS2 games that meens less royalty to Sony, it's all about money.

Im stuck with a old and slow Mazda and cant more monay to buy a new car. I will proberly have to wayt a long time before I can enter the enuro or F1 races :(.

/Viktor

#6 Nairn

Nairn

• 89 posts

Posted 27 August 2001 - 23:02

That just goes to show the pain of reality. It's just hoping and praying that Bleem2 is released or something similar, but then it's just like Sky selling the rights to all of their sports channels to ITV, without ITV selling the rights to any of theirs to Sky.

So, although it's illogical, but if Sony are as stupid as Sky it could happen. Also I wasn't praying as such, because I am not a religious person.

#7 iclt

iclt

• 18 posts

Posted 29 August 2001 - 18:35

Originally posted by pRy
Posted Image

Here is a thread to post your fastest Gran Turismo 3 times at any circuit.

Please try to post the times in the following format ...

Time : 1:34.232

You can also include additional details if you wish, such as the turbo info, controller, and any other details you wish to include. The more the better. Oh, and keep all your times in one post, just edit it to add/ammend your times.

Happy driving ! No rules, just pure speed.

pRY, Is your GT-R fully modified? I did 2 laps @ Seattle in the "Free Run" section in Arcade mode:

circiut : Seattle
Time : 131.267

My car was modified to the max. H.P. was in the 600's. No changes in any of the settings.

#8 Peeko

Peeko

• 3,853 posts

Posted 30 August 2001 - 18:47

iclt:

Time : 1:34.232 <-- example time

;)

Circuit: Cote D'azur
Time: 1:16.474
Car: F090/S

#9 iclt

iclt

• 18 posts

Posted 30 August 2001 - 23:12

Originally posted by Peeko
iclt:

;)

Time: 1:16.474
Car: F090/S

Okay, peeko. I will try tonight. That is, if I can keep my wife off me! Yeah, right.

P.S. How much h.p. do you have. In other words, did you change the oil as soon as you got the car? Stupid me, I didn't. Yes that's my lame excuse if I can't beat your time. I have 711.

#10 iclt

iclt

• 18 posts

Posted 31 August 2001 - 00:15

Peeko, I did about 15 laps. Best I could muster: 1:19.975. I know you won't, but what are your settings? See, now I'll probably be up alllllllllllllllllllllllllll night. You rat-bastard!!!!!!:mad:

#11 Peeko

Peeko

• 3,853 posts

Posted 31 August 2001 - 15:09

Actually, the game is not mine, and I think my buddy changed the settings from what they were, and I don't have the game right now! Yep, the HP was 711.

P.S. the smilie was for pRy's quote; his Seattle time (1:34.232) was just and example, that's why the leters in bold.

#12 daz

daz

• 2,729 posts

Posted 02 September 2001 - 00:44

Originally posted by Gemini
I never tried any of the consoles, I only did PC sims, but I keep hearing that GT3 is the best thing since sliced bread was first offered...:)
Is it really worth it? If I buy PS2 I would probably use it only for this game. If I say that the most interesting part of the PC sims for me is doing setups, and full lenght races, do you think I would enjoy GT3? I am seriously thinking about buying, so here is last chance to stop me...;)

nope, i sold my ps2 after a week

#13 Shiftin

Shiftin

• 5,976 posts

Posted 07 September 2001 - 07:25

Is the Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak version excluded? Because with 1800bhp I am able to set some amazing times. No matter how many barriers I hit. The accelration after 180km/h till 350km/h is frightening. I also set my speedrecord at 451km/h :eek: at the test circuit. Even before entering the first corner. But i dislike the handling and tyres don't last long..

#14 Peeko

Peeko

• 3,853 posts

Posted 19 September 2001 - 19:18

Boy, you'd think that a GT3 time trial thread would generate a whole bunch of lap times, when you consider the other GT3 thread got 215 posts.

#15 JForce

JForce

• 13,847 posts

Posted 20 September 2001 - 03:54

I agree. I am working on an idea to enliven the GT3 competition here at Atlas. Gimme some time, hopefully over the weekend I'll have everything sorted.:cool:

#16 Santi

Santi

• 143 posts

Posted 05 October 2001 - 06:14

I've only tried this game in the supermarket for one hour, and I didn't like it so much, only graphics are awful, but physics suck.
Anyway, this was my time:

Circuit: Mountain
Time: 1:19.63x
Car: Chevrolet Corvette 7xx HP

#17 Shiftin

Shiftin

• 5,976 posts

Posted 07 October 2001 - 15:51

Rome City Circuit
1:19.988
Esperanza GTR-1 race car

#18 StickShift

StickShift

• 5,386 posts

Posted 08 October 2001 - 03:01

hah, beat this...

Laguna Seca
0:59.563
F0/94s

#19 JDeRosa

JDeRosa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 09 November 2001 - 08:45

I've only had this a few days...

Midfield
1:13.xx
Castrol Supra

How close am I to real fast times??? I've got none others to compare.

Advertisement

#20 JDeRosa

JDeRosa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 09 November 2001 - 16:38

I'll answer my own question.........NO, that's pretty ****.

#21 Chrissy Boy

Chrissy Boy

• 1,364 posts

Posted 09 November 2001 - 21:19

Originally posted by Shiftin
Is the Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak version excluded? Because with 1800bhp I am able to set some amazing times. No matter how many barriers I hit. The accelration after 180km/h till 350km/h is frightening. I also set my speedrecord at 451km/h :eek: at the test circuit. Even before entering the first corner. But i dislike the handling and tyres don't last long..

If you adjust the gear ratio it will do 476 km/h.

#22 Chrissy Boy

Chrissy Boy

• 1,364 posts

Posted 09 November 2001 - 21:22

Anyway the Escudo is hopless to drive on a race track (except the test course). You just get wheel spinn and understeer.

#23 Shiftin

Shiftin

• 5,976 posts

Posted 10 November 2001 - 16:31

Originally posted by Chrissy Boy
Anyway the Escudo is hopless to drive on a race track (except the test course). You just get wheel spinn and understeer.

I agree, but when u just keep hitting barriers, in fact use them to get you in the right direction, I don't think the car can be beaten. (on street-tracks that is). Try the high-speed course and use the barrier as a guide. Just full-throtlle with the right side at the barrier.

#24 Chrissy Boy

Chrissy Boy

• 1,364 posts

Posted 12 November 2001 - 22:22

Originally posted by JDeRosa
I've only had this a few days...

Midfield
1:13.xx
Castrol Supra

How close am I to real fast times??? I've got none others to compare.

You are 14.5 seconds of a very fast lap!

#25 JDeRosa

JDeRosa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 13 November 2001 - 14:27

thanks....I feel much better now!! ;)

#26 Chrissy Boy

Chrissy Boy

• 1,364 posts

Posted 13 November 2001 - 20:14

I used the polyhony 001!

Midfield
00:58:642

#27 Chrissy Boy

Chrissy Boy

• 1,364 posts

Posted 13 November 2001 - 20:22

Originally posted by Shiftin

..but when u just keep hitting barriers, in fact use them to get you in the right direction, I don't think the car can be beaten. (on street-tracks that is).

I have to dissagree with you there.
I drove the Tokyo track on 1:24:758 with the Escudo, I could not go faster than that, then swaped to the Polyhony 001.
And after a few laps I would say I drove a perfect lap, 1:19:942.

#28 Chrissy Boy

Chrissy Boy

• 1,364 posts

Posted 15 November 2001 - 13:19

Time: 1:13:204
Car: Polyhony 001

I went out did 4 flying laps!

Anyone post your fastest time and I'l beat it!

#29 Viktor

Viktor

• 3,412 posts

Posted 26 November 2001 - 14:28

Originally posted by Chrissy Boy

I have to dissagree with you there.
I drove the Tokyo track on 1:24:758 with the Escudo, I could not go faster than that, then swaped to the Polyhony 001.
And after a few laps I would say I drove a perfect lap, 1:19:942.

Wow, Im driving in my FTO with 318 bhp and gont a time of 1:50.???. I need a faster car!

/Viktor

#30 Jdcasas

Jdcasas

• 357 posts

Posted 26 November 2001 - 14:49

I agree, but when u just keep hitting barriers, in fact use them to get you in the right direction, I don't think the car can be beaten. (on street-tracks that is). Try the high-speed course and use the barrier as a guide. Just full-throtlle with the right side at the barrier.

:rotfl:

Oh dear, I dont have a PS2, and I believe GT2 was the best game of its time, ad GT3 is probably the best right now... but sony should do something about "using the barrier as a guide" lol..... You people should try f355 challenge on the dreamcast, or f360 challenge when it comes out on the PS2..... thats when knowing tricks like using a barrier dont come into play, but what does come into play is driving ability....

Im not trying to take anything away from gt3... but no game is perfect.

#31 MattB

MattB

• 502 posts

Posted 27 November 2001 - 13:27

:up:
I agree that the number of insane tricks and stunts that can be done in GT3 is ridiculous at times.
When I play I prefer to use the road, not the barriers. Don't get wrong, running the Escudo around
the test course in a rubber burning wheelstand is fabulous fun, but realism is certainly lacking.
I do wish that GT3 had a damage configuration like GT2 had. As of now it requires a great
deal of restraint not to whip the competition in an F094/H.

EA's new F1 2001 offers a great driving challenge.

#32 StickShift

StickShift

• 5,386 posts

Posted 28 November 2001 - 03:55

Originally posted by StickShift
hah, beat this...

Laguna Seca
0:59.563
F0/94s

I've beat my former record with one at 0:58.731

hah, beat that!

#33 Shiftin

Shiftin

• 5,976 posts

Posted 03 December 2001 - 08:30

StickShift,

Can't wait to destroy our times as soon as I get myself a F1 car. Prepare yourself to be humiliated. ;)

#34 Earthling

Earthling

• 3,599 posts

Posted 03 December 2001 - 09:32

Why how close are u to getting 1??

Its gonna take me forever cuz im still driving a souped-up-to-the-limit Miata that wont go faster than 142 MPh and has 340 bhp i think...
Just saving my money to get some monster...but i dont know which 1. :(

#35 Shiftin

Shiftin

• 5,976 posts

Posted 03 December 2001 - 12:38

Originally posted by Earthling
Why how close are u to getting 1??

Its gonna take me forever cuz im still driving a souped-up-to-the-limit Miata that wont go faster than 142 MPh and has 340 bhp i think...
Just saving my money to get some monster...but i dont know which 1. :(

Don't buy a monster car, Win it :D

Here is what you should do. Get yourself a car that you can tune good. Something like a Mitshubishi Twin turbo. Give it a stage 4 turbo tune and it will have 1000bhp or something. Give it some other things. Hard racing tyres etc. Now you should go to the proffessional league and do the "Like the wind" race. It's 20 laps, full throtlle. Remeber to adjust gearratio to widest and take some very hard tyres. You will be flying and rewarded a great car. Like a FTO LM Race Car or something. It takes about 30-40 minutes to complete.

Another way of getting great cars fast is to do the entire rally league. It's rewarded well and you'll get some cool cars too. Completing all will not only give you a lot of money but also the 1800bhp Escudo Pikes Peak version. Rally IMHO is the fastest way to easy money.

And about the F1 car.............. :( I thouhgt I was pretty close. I did the Mistral (monaco) endurance race yesterday. 78 laps!! :eek: All I got was a lousy Jaguar XJ220. Not even the race car. I really thought I was going to get an F1car but I didn't.....damned, damned.....damned ...... :(

Just remembered something. I believe you have to obtain all licences before you can race the "like the wind" race. Not sure though. Hope this doesn't spoil your fun. :|

#36 Earthling

Earthling

• 3,599 posts

Posted 04 December 2001 - 11:33

Thanx for the tips...but im having a hard time playing the PS2 now that i have a GC as well....and ofcourse there is my brother and my work which takes most of the day for me..... :(

Maybe this weekend.
I still have to get the International Licenses too...

#37 StickShift

StickShift

• 5,386 posts

Posted 05 December 2001 - 21:17

Shiftin... you won't believe how well I know the Laguna Seca course in GT3... Must be more then 20 hours driving on that course alone. all I gotta say is, bring it...

#38 Shiftin

Shiftin

• 5,976 posts

Posted 06 December 2001 - 07:16

Shiftin... you won't believe how well I know the Laguna Seca course in GT3... Must be more then 20 hours driving on that course alone. all I gotta say is, bring it...

Hehe, well I don't know if I will be able to beat your times. I am just trying to bring some competition back in this thread. Ever heard of mind-games..... :lol:

But I need an F1-car.......and I ain't got one. :( damned.....

#39 TheEugen

TheEugen

• 9 posts

Posted 06 December 2001 - 09:30

Well boys, you make me nervous about this game. I am
one of a big bunch of freax who battle with the descision
to buy the PS2 ('cause of GT3 of course). And I don't know
if I'm convinced, also considering that guy who sold his
after a week. Where is he, tell us why! Anyway.
What's about the very best Formula-One-Game existing
in the whole wide world? Which one is the friggin' best?
Is this current F1-Game also worth buying PS2? Well, hell,
this is a F1-Site, why don't we talk about a F1-Game?
(already done? sorry, I'm new..) Should I start a new thread
about it?

Advertisement

#40 Shiftin

Shiftin

• 5,976 posts

Posted 06 December 2001 - 13:23

Originally posted by TheEugen
about it?

Welcome, TheEugen....

But you should read the F1-2001 times thread. There is a lot of talk about that game as well for the PC as the PS2. And if you still want to know something you can always start a new thread.

#41 JDeRosa

JDeRosa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 06 December 2001 - 16:52

welcome TheEugen,

All I'm gonna say is......buy the PS2, stop torturing yourself.....you can thank me later.  ;)

On the subject of this thread.... are we gonna use the Time Attack modeto post times??? That way we're all in equal cars, it's pretty obvoius that an F1 car will round Laguna quicker than an Evo VI, watcha think???

#42 Shiftin

Shiftin

• 5,976 posts

Posted 06 December 2001 - 16:57

Originally posted by JDeRosa
On the subject of this thread.... are we gonna use the Time Attack modeto post times??? That way we're all in equal cars, it's pretty obvoius that an F1 car will round Laguna quicker than an Evo VI, watcha think???

No, no....we should be able to use any car available. In your garage under "run and settings" you can do your own time-attacks with all cars you have. Though we could do both. But we should aim for the fastest time possible. No matter the car.......

#43 JDeRosa

JDeRosa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 06 December 2001 - 17:10

okay...I gues that's an incentive to get my ass in gear and get some sweet cars!!! Only 24% through the game.

#44 Shiftin

Shiftin

• 5,976 posts

Posted 06 December 2001 - 17:14

:lol:

Yeah, start playing, and remember that easy money is earned in the rally courses. Just by a EVO or WRC subaru, tune and go! It aint so hard. And good luck with the licenses, they are the biggest pain.......;)

btw. I am 45% completion :

#45 JDeRosa

JDeRosa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 06 December 2001 - 17:19

cheers mate, and good luck to you!!!

#46 Earthling

Earthling

• 3,599 posts

Posted 06 December 2001 - 17:32

Ok i just finished the International B licence, and got the Rally license too...just need the Int. A and Super now.
Got 40 Thou credits only though.
Gonna play the Gran Tourismo challengs in the Begginers league and gets lotsa cash there from the championship + a car that i will find out later on.

#47 StickShift

StickShift

• 5,386 posts

Posted 06 December 2001 - 18:48

someone challenge me to a track... it's not as fun when you wait for someone to come with in seconds to a speed that you know only the programmers of the game could match...

#48 Fiorano

Fiorano

• 86 posts

Posted 06 December 2001 - 21:52

Originally posted by TheEugen
Well boys, you make me nervous about this game. I am
one of a big bunch of freax who battle with the descision
to buy the PS2 ('cause of GT3 of course). And I don't know
if I'm convinced, also considering that guy who sold his
after a week. Where is he, tell us why! Anyway.
What's about the very best Formula-One-Game existing
in the whole wide world? Which one is the friggin' best?
about it?

If you haven't played GT2, GT3 will be a blast. The two aren't that different though, IMO. Although the physics are very enjoyable, the game is way too easy. I used to borrow the PS2 off a freind every 2nd weekend, and I won all the super licenses in less than two hours one night. The only races that were competative was the Formula challenge, and that's because I was driving the least powerful of the F1 cars. Once I had something with a bit more power, no problem. I was also extremely disappointed in the lack of new tracks. You only get 5 new tracks. Although it's a blast at first, it's not worth getting just for GT3, unless they come out with some internet playability. Great for head-to-head with a freind though.

#49 Fiorano

Fiorano

• 86 posts

Posted 06 December 2001 - 21:57

someone challenge me to a track... it's not as fun when you wait for someone to come with in seconds to a speed that you know only the programmers of the game could match...

I don't remember the time, but in Arcade mode (under Time Trial?) I beat the Complex Sting time by about two seconds. Also did a 1.01.xxx in Rome with the MP4/4. I don't have the game, so I can't give you any times. If I borrow it again, I'll post some.

#50 Viktor

Viktor

• 3,412 posts

Posted 06 December 2001 - 22:06

Here is a time for you, maybe not that hard but its my best time in the game.
Time Attack (Arcade) Apricot Hill with Toyota, 1:17.326

/Viktor