Photo

Sports Car GT (by EA)

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 mahelgel

mahelgel

• 5,965 posts

Posted 05 January 2002 - 16:04

I just tried a demo of this very old game... and it seemed very nice indeed. So i just ordered it online. It was cheap, so it must be crap if it's not worth it (about £11 shipping included).

So... what downloads/patches/updates are essential for this game? Searched for it, but couldn't seem to find any official pages for it. Found quite a few "fan sites" but i don't have a clue what cars/track/addons i should get, so if you are familiar with this game, then a few hints would be apriciated :)

Advertisement

#2 A3

A3

• 32,110 posts

Posted 05 January 2002 - 16:22

I think I'll start an internet search service of my own. I can find anything !! :drunk: ;)

Here you go:

http://home.freeuk.n...guide/guide.htm

Have been a really long time since I played it and I noticed that you can even race truck now. Hmm, where's my disc..

#3 mahelgel

mahelgel

• 5,965 posts

Posted 05 January 2002 - 16:34

Thanks!!

:up:

The problem with search engines are that they usually find too much, so i hoped there where someone here who allready had a few links in their bookmarks.. :D

#4 A3

A3

• 32,110 posts

Posted 05 January 2002 - 16:39

I had a quick peek over at the SCGT section of the Highgear forums for you.;)

#5 biercemountain

biercemountain

• 1,014 posts

Posted 05 January 2002 - 17:05

Originally posted by mahelgel
I just tried a demo of this very old game... and it seemed very nice indeed

I personally like this game better than my other more recent racing games. (Haven't tried GPL) I especially like driving the BMW M3. I handles like a rally car. You can really get it out of shape and bring it right back in line. To me thats a lot more fun than doing donuts uncontrollably in the super-twitchy F1 simulators.

It has also taught me about many of the worlds famous racetracks. I got so pissed once that I couldn't get on Pole at Hockenheim that I just started straight-lining the chicanes and took about 3 seconds off my time. Didn't even get penalized.

I'd love to be able to do some customizing to this game.

#6 f1sl

f1sl

• 3,974 posts

Posted 05 January 2002 - 21:50

how come when i read the tutorial that A3 posted it says that you can have in car view, but with my version of the game i don't have in car view?

#7 A3

A3

• 32,110 posts

Posted 05 January 2002 - 23:14

You should be able to get into the in-car view by pressing "1" on your keyboard if I remember correctly. I think you can also enable the dashboard ith the "v" key, but I'm not too sure.

#8 jk

jk

• 1,750 posts

Posted 05 January 2002 - 23:31

I beleive you have to upgrade the game to version 1.551 or something like that (ages since i last played it)

#9 MattFoster

MattFoster

• 4,831 posts

Posted 07 January 2002 - 04:17

It is not a bad game with heaps of add-ons to keep it interesting.

#10 Psychoman

Psychoman

• 2,711 posts

Posted 07 January 2002 - 14:47

Last I saw there were various efforts to make every track on the planet (and a few that don't exist!) for SCGT. Unfortunately I haven't played it in a while... maybe i should start again... :)

#11 pkfsn

pkfsn

• 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2002 - 01:11

Just found this site...http://www.speedsims.com/virtua_lm/

Not bad...good luck!

#12 Trifeman

Trifeman

• 49 posts

Posted 17 January 2002 - 05:08

Welcome to SCGT. Firstly, go to http://theuspits.bhmotorsports.com and get the ban scenemas patch. It is a MUST! Then, adding tracks will be a breeze. As for tracks, check out www.sportplanet.com/speedsims/jps/ . For cars, well, there are plenty of sites. The previously mentioned site is good. As is http://t-spark.co.uk (2k1 ALMS cars - LMP900/675/GTS/GT) ; www.thebigben.racesim.net/ (great selection of dashes) ; www.icemangts.tripod.com/veh/ (realistic veh files). You might also check out www.speedsims.com for downloads, but, more importantly, their forums. It is the lifeblood of the SCGT community.

#13 Erd

Erd

• 94 posts

Posted 19 January 2002 - 22:53

this game isnt too bad...its worthit...all the downloads avalible...from the latest ALMS carset :clap:

#14 mahelgel

mahelgel

• 5,965 posts

Posted 19 January 2002 - 23:12

I'm still waiting for it to drop in with my mail...

i have downloaded abou 80mb of addons for this game so far, and there is a lot more that i'm going to download after i have tried it. Thanks for all the links folks! :up:

#15 markzed

markzed

• 4,616 posts

Posted 03 February 2002 - 00:14

Just yesterday I reborrowed this game from my cousin (also got Max Payne) because I liked it so much the first time that I went through it. You really need to win the first race to get your car competitive early. Once you up-spec your car, you can kick butt with ease (or maybe that was on the medium difficulty......we'll see soon enough).

#16 Bjorn

Bjorn

• 5,889 posts

Posted 03 February 2002 - 15:52

Reinstalled mine.. Wicked fun :D

I think I'll try out some of those addon cars... Any idea how they affect the game? Are the original cars replaced? Will the new ones 'ruin' the career mode?

#17 AdamLarnachJr

AdamLarnachJr

• 525 posts

Posted 03 February 2002 - 23:36

I don't know if any of you guys like the sound of a cross plane V8, but I made a wicked sound file to replace the default SGT V8 sound file, makes for a much better experience, lemme know if you want a clip of it.

#18 markzed

markzed

• 4,616 posts

Posted 04 February 2002 - 01:33

Adam,
I'll give it a try.

I'd forgotten how long the max races were. I had to pause the game to eat lunch and dinner!

#19 HappyDude

HappyDude

• 1,682 posts

Posted 05 February 2002 - 04:26

Forget SCGT.... in fact forget WSC... go check this out: http://www.atlasf1.c...&threadid=35484

Advertisement

#20 HappyDude

HappyDude

• 1,682 posts

Posted 05 February 2002 - 05:44

Although I shouldn't really say that about SCGT - it's still cool just because of the sheer number of add-ons for it. If anybody wants the elusive "Super-Patch 3.0", and has a spare 130MB of server space kicking around let me know and I'll upload it :cat:

#21 goGoGene

goGoGene

• 2,937 posts

Posted 05 February 2002 - 17:06

Okay I'm quite ignorant, but interested. Can I download SCGT, or do I go purchase it, and then download the patches to get the historics and ALMS cars. I've been looking for a game to put on my lap top for business trips, and this looks good.

ggg

#22 AlesiGOD

AlesiGOD

• 2,306 posts

Posted 05 February 2002 - 17:27

I would actually suggest a managing game for those business trips, but you have to buy SCGT(well, I'm sure you can download it but...;)). I don't have SCGT, so I can't really say to much about it, but you should use a steeringwheel for racinggames, and laptops and steeringwheels...;)

I'm holding out for WSC, the West brothers are still working on it, as you can see from their webcam.. :)

http://web.ukonline....ris.west/webcam

#23 BuzzingHornet

BuzzingHornet

• 6,190 posts

Posted 18 February 2002 - 19:20

bump :)

Bought SCGT today and I like it... now i'm going to get some upgrades :)

#24 Dironey

Dironey

• 247 posts

Posted 19 February 2002 - 12:11

What's the "Super-Patch 3.0"?

#25 HappyDude

HappyDude

• 1,682 posts

Posted 19 February 2002 - 14:45

130MB of cars, sounds, dashes, updates in one big-ass self-installing file. Quite awhile ago some of the SCGT faithfull got together and built one big super-patch that does it all. I still have it sitting on my hard-drive, and if anybody wants it and can provide me with some FTP space to upload it to I'll put it up.

#26 Peterson

Peterson

• 91 posts

Posted 19 February 2002 - 15:05

I want to have it. Want it! WANT IT!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I may be able to get an ftp server running on our webserver tomorrow.
I´ll get back to you.

#27 BuzzingHornet

BuzzingHornet

• 6,190 posts

Posted 19 February 2002 - 19:03

I'd like it too but I have no webspace :(
Still, if anyone can host it i'm interested :)

#28 Dironey

Dironey

• 247 posts

Posted 19 February 2002 - 20:45

Interesting indeed, but unfortunately I don't have any webspace either.

#29 HappyDude

HappyDude

• 1,682 posts

Posted 19 February 2002 - 22:19

Just let me know where and when.... if anyone gets some space, drop me an email at nwalkz@rogers.com - there's also a few other extras I have lying around that bring the total close to 200MB :)

#30 mahelgel

mahelgel

• 5,965 posts

Posted 20 February 2002 - 20:24

Originally posted by mahelgel
I just tried a demo of this very old game... and it seemed very nice indeed. So i just ordered it online. It was cheap, so it must be crap if it's not worth it (about £11 shipping included).

Well... i have still not received the game, and i have sendt several email to the company, so now i worte a rather nasty email telling them that i cancelled my order. Now i have tried a nother online ocmpany, hope they manage to ship the game :rolleyes:

#31 BuzzingHornet

BuzzingHornet

• 6,190 posts

Posted 24 February 2002 - 13:54

Just played the Sebring in the wet, what a track :D

LOL got beat by Ukyo Katayama in the Toyota GT1 though :lol: