Guess the Grid in Monaco (Official)
Posted 16 May 2002 - 13:37
HERE WE ARE POST AUSTRIA IN A BRAVE NEW WORLD. ATLEAST QUALIFYING GOES WITH OUT TEAM ORDERS, I THINK. MONACO THE JEWEL IN THE CROWN OF F1 AND WHERE QUALIFYING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANYWHERE ELSE. AHHH I'LL STOP HERE, NOBODY EVER READS THESE INTODUCTIONS. ENJOY THE GAME...
Note: THIS GAME IS OPEN TO EVERYONE! NEWBIES ARE WELCOME ANYTIME!!!
Please read the Instructions and go ahead and enjoy. Everyone is welcome to play.
How to place your guesses:
When posting your guesses please post them in the following manner - put your user name and then your selections as follows (these are examples only)
gerry nassar mont/msch/coul/fisi/raik/rsch/trul/webb/pani/heid
***Please do it in this way so that Garth_b can calculate the scores quicker. Make sure that you use only the first FOUR LETTERS in the drivers SURNAME . For the Schumacher brothers - you can type them as MSCH and RSCH .
ROUND 7 - GUESS THE GRID IN MONACO
Here are the Rules and Scoring system for Round 7:
1. List your guess of the top 10 qualifiers at Monaco.
2. Please follow the above instructions for the way in which to post your guesses.
3. Post your guesses anytime before THURSDAY First Practice . You can change your guesses as many time as you like as long as its done before Friday First practice. Any posts or changes made after THURSDAY first practice will be INVALID! Please get them in by THURSDAY First Practice at the latest as it makes it easier for Garth to calculate the scores. Late entries made on the THURSDAY will have to receive approval from Garth and myself to be allowed in the game. So you will have to plead with us for mercy.;) Entries received on Saturday will not be accepted this round.
4. Scores will be calculated as follows:
* + 3 points for being spot on . (ie. Selecting Trulli in 4th and he actually qualifies 4th)
* + 2 points for being one position away from where the driver actually qualifies (ie. Selecting Button in 3rd and he qualifies either 2nd or 4th)
* + 1 point for having a driver you selected qualifying anywhere in the top 10 (not spot on or one away) ie. Selecting Frentzen 5th but he qualifies 9th
* - 1 point if a driver you select qualifies outside the top 10 (with the only exception being if you select a driver in 10th and he qualifies 11th) ie. Selecting Massa 5th and he qualifies 14th etc (out of the top 10)
* + 5 points if you manage to correctly pick all positions in the top 10. (Note – no one has done this in the last 2 years)
AND JUST TO CLARIFY some confusion - for example if you pick Frentzen 10th and he qualifies 11th you get 2 points, ie 1 position away. The fact that he is out of the top 10 makes you lose no points because you picked him one away at 10th.
5. The grid the result will be calculated on is that which is announced by the FIA immediately after qualifying. Therefore any subsequent penalties will not be taken into account.
6. If a driver you selected is replaced during qualifying – his replacement will be substituted in his place in your guesses unless you change it before Friday First Practice.
7. Results will be calculated soon after Qualifying is completed. Look out for a results thread to be posted by garth_b. This thread will feature the round’s results, a championship table, commentary and links to beautifully designed league tables by garth_b. The results thread can then be used as a results discussion thread by you all.
NOTE: I WILL UPDATE AND CONFIRM THE RULES REGARDING PENALTIES SOON. IT WONT AFFECT Monaco GUESSES ANYWAY.
If you have any questions - PM me and I'll respond as soon as I can.
Garth B will post the results soon after qualifying!
Here are my Guesses:
gerry nassar msch/barr/coul/raik/trul/rsch/mont/heid/butt/fisi
And Remember post your guesses before THURSDAY First Practice !
Posted 16 May 2002 - 13:42
Posted 16 May 2002 - 13:45
Posted 16 May 2002 - 16:39
........./marq/yoon. DNQ, mazz
GO DART/PHOENIX/PROST (or whatever it's called)
Posted 16 May 2002 - 16:51
Posted 16 May 2002 - 22:12
Posted 17 May 2002 - 02:26
Posted 17 May 2002 - 02:30
or something like that
Posted 17 May 2002 - 06:06
Posted 17 May 2002 - 07:13
Posted 17 May 2002 - 17:35
Posted 18 May 2002 - 16:10
Posted 20 May 2002 - 16:51
Posted 20 May 2002 - 22:22
Posted 21 May 2002 - 00:49
Posted 21 May 2002 - 04:31