Photo

Tired of Ferrari's Attitude

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 AndrewK

AndrewK

• 150 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 15:27

Is anybody else tired of hearing all of the bs that constantly comes from Brawn and Todt? After Austria I thought they would be more sensitive to PR issues but I guess not. I'm tired of hearing Brawn say that 'clearly we had the best car and should have won the race'. Then why were they not able to qualify on the front row? How come even with Bridgestone as your bitches they were unable to produce a good qualifying tire? Ferrari does not show any respect to the other teams, its either they win or there is some reason why they didnt win because they are perfect. I know what the response will be from Ferrari fans, and I know that Ferrari's RACE car was better, but Ross really needs to shut up as their failure was really his fault to not realize they race means jack **** and its really all about qualifying.

Advertisement

#2 tifoso

tifoso

• 10,901 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 15:38

How are their comments any different from Ron Dennis when the McLaren was dominant in 1998 and (less so in) 1999? I remember one year in Canada, Coulthard was leading the race and came in for a late pit stop. He either stalled the car or had problems with the clutch and didn't win. Ron said later that they had the car to win the race, had the time well in hand, and had just taken a precautionary pit stop. All true, but he didn't cede any respect to his competitors' performance either. I know I'm a Ferrari fan; so my comments are what you expected :) but I don't see the difference.

#3 LeDiableRouge

LeDiableRouge

• 255 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 15:58

I concur. Jean and Ross should just shut up and let their driving do the talking! :mad:

#4 LuckyStrike1

LuckyStrike1

• 8,681 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 15:59

I've always been tired of the BS coming from Messiurs Todt, Brawn and M Schumacher ....

#5 PraetorAAV

PraetorAAV

• 324 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 16:13

I would add to this part the press conference, where MS was far from being content with a second place. Moreover, his words about DC's win were rather perfunctory. It seemed to me that all the time he was literally envious of DC's win. Could he be so eager to equal Senna's record at Monaco and he sees it slipping away more and more ?

Nonetheless, I didn't particularly appreciate the post race conference. Ah, well, at least the race was decent :)

Cheers

#6 Foxbat

Foxbat

• 3,706 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 16:15

Would you mind telling me what is incorrect in his statement?

#7 LeDiableRouge

LeDiableRouge

• 255 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 16:21

Yes, Michael should learn to shut up and let Jean and Ross driving do the talking.. :mad:

Whenever someone asks him something, he should exercise the fifth amendment. He is bringing the sport into disrepute whenever he opens his mouth. :mad:

#8 Zmeej

Zmeej

• 68,481 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 16:41

Their BS is actually good for my circulation.;)

That they're asses is true, and Tifosa's right about Dennis being unwilling to concede on losing days that his opposition was strong, but then most top-4 team principals except Frank Williams have been like that.

#9 benrapp

benrapp

• 1,559 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 17:05

OK, so point me to a team manager in any sport who doesn't talk continuous bullshit. Lauda, possibly: "we lost because our car is ****", but everyone else would have some trite excuse. It's corporatism: never admit to failure or weakness, because that scares the shareholders, who, it is assumed, are too stupid to see the failure or weakness for themselves.

#10 Goggles

Goggles

• 279 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 17:08

The winners celebrate while the losers make excuses.

This has been going on since the dawn of competition... :cool:

#11 Zmeej

Zmeej

• 68,481 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 17:13

Yeah, but some losers have been gracious and made no excuses.
That's been around since the dawn of competition too.;)

#12 falco^p

falco^p

• 54 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 17:18

Maybe its just me,:confused: but I fail to see whats gotten everyone so affronted.

#13 Battousai

Battousai

• 259 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 17:21

would you like some cheese with your whine? :down:

I don't find anything wrong with their statement- Ferrari had a car to win the race, but they didn't.
It was a statement of fact, not making excuses for their performance.

<unfortunately, we were not able to get the best out of them in qualifying . We have to work with Bridgestone to be sure of having a bit more of a margin on tracks where grid positions are crucial. I would say the race showed that the Japanese tyres were better than the French ones.>>

Seems fine to me- he basically says they had the best tires, but they didn't utilize them to their best- its our fault.

#14 LeDiableRouge

LeDiableRouge

• 255 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 17:26

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Posted Image

:mad: :mad: :mad:

#15 falco^p

falco^p

• 54 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 17:32

Battousai:
Glad I'm not the only one.

More from Ferrari:

"We were expecting a difficult race, given how hard it is to overtake at this track, and that's how it turned out. All in all we are satisfied with the result, which has allowed us to slightly extend our lead in both Championships. Thanks to Bridgestone, we had the quickest car-tyre package, but the nature of the track prevented us from exploiting that."
"I think it would be very arrogant to be disappointed about being second.Every race we start, we hope we can win. Saying that, we know that we cannot win all the races...."
Jean Todt

"I think our car was fast enough to have stayed in front if we had got there, but David had built a good lead over Montoya. If there had not been some traffic after the pit stop, it might have been closer, but they did a good job and deserve the win. I kept pushing right to the end because in Monaco you never know what can happen, but David drove well and never gave me a chance "
Micheal Schumacher
(hardly perfunctory as some have said)

The only assinine comment came from RB imo.

#16 Zmeej

Zmeej

• 68,481 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 17:55

Actually, with a little help from falco and battousai, I'm beginning to agree that the Ferraristas said nothing wrong.

In fact, just imagine if this philosophical attitude had obtained in Austria: ;)

I think it would be very arrogant to be disappointed about being second.
-- Jean Todt

Or is that another example of Graf Zeppelin-sized hypocrisy?
From Jean? Perish the thought! :p

#17 logic

logic

• 3,636 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 18:20

Originally posted by AndrewK
Is anybody else tired of hearing all of the bs that constantly comes from Brawn and Todt? After Austria I thought they would be more sensitive to PR issues but I guess not. I'm tired of hearing Brawn say that 'clearly we had the best car and should have won the race'. Then why were they not able to qualify on the front row? How come even with Bridgestone as your bitches they were unable to produce a good qualifying tire? Ferrari does not show any respect to the other teams, its either they win or there is some reason why they didnt win because they are perfect. I know what the response will be from Ferrari fans, and I know that Ferrari's RACE car was better, but Ross really needs to shut up as their failure was really his fault to not realize they race means jack **** and its really all about qualifying.

:up: :up:
I'v noticed this but it doesn't have any effet on me :drunk:

#18 Boing Ball

Boing Ball

• 395 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 18:25

What could be tiring than selective quoting in the intention to find something to complain about? Useless thread. :down:

#19 Vagabond

Vagabond

• 760 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 18:55

If one is tired 'of the bs that constantly comes from Brawn and Todt' then my advice would be: don't listen to them, it's that simple.

Advertisement

#20 Ricardo F1

Ricardo F1

• 60,784 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 19:36

Personally I think they're entirely correct - they had the fastest car on the grid by a mile but failed to win. Quite what happened in q'fying I don't know . . .

#21 Williams

Williams

• 6,829 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 20:07

"I think our car was fast enough to have stayed in front if we had got there, but David had built a good lead over Montoya. If there had not been some traffic after the pit stop, it might have been closer, but they did a good job and deserve the win. I kept pushing right to the end because in Monaco you never know what can happen, but David drove well and never gave me a chance "

Did anyone else see David lean over to Michael after this comment and say "thank you" ? At least that's what I heard.

#22 logic

logic

• 3,636 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 20:13

Originally posted by Vagabond
If one is tired 'of the bs that constantly comes from Brawn and Todt' then my advice would be: don't listen to them, it's that simple.

I don't think it's good not to listen whining.
I can listen even Ferrari squad but just listen and then forget it. I desn't need to generate any negative energy in me :drunk:

#23 Ali_G

Ali_G

• 33,020 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 20:18

How ironic that a person is so incensed by what Brawn and Todt say cause just about evey other team leaders do this.

And isn't it ironic that these people are just postin gthe same bullsh*t around the clock.

Niall

#24 tania_walesuk

tania_walesuk

• 1,083 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 20:24

I dont bother anymore we know what gonna happen in the future now dont we !!!.... so lets get on with the rest of F1 and enjoy enjoy enjoy !.. I know I am very much so ... :wave:

#25 Rene

Rene

• 6,926 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 20:49

Originally posted by Williams
Did anyone else see David lean over to Michael after this comment and say "thank you" ? At least that's what I heard.

I heard the samething :up: :up:

#26 AndrewK

AndrewK

• 150 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 21:16

I am just taking exception to the fact that Ferrari refuses to give credit to any other team. Schumacher was less than sincere when he said Coulthard
's win was deserved. He then went on to say that the real reason he didnt win was traffic! Who DOESNT run into traffic in Monaco! DC ran into traffic at the same so MS's excuse was pretty lame. Sorry if I missed some of the earlier comments by team bosses, I have really only followed F1 since 2000 and closely in 01 and 02. Also I realize Lauda cant stop running his mouth, but who cares what he has to say? I know this thread is a little pointless but I just wanted to see if anyone else is put off by Ferrari's arrogant (IMO) comments.

#27 Ricardo F1

Ricardo F1

• 60,784 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 21:22

AndrewK - I think you're missing the point of what Michael was saying. He was saying basically that they tried to pit and get out clear of traffic and if they'd done that they would have won. They clearly had the quickest car at the circuit, indeed if McLaren hadn't switched DC's pitstop to a couple of laps earlier than planned Ferrari probably would have won.

I'm also the first to bash MS about his sincerity - but I honestly think he was with DC.

#28 Foxbat

Foxbat

• 3,706 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 21:26

I am just taking exception to the fact that Ferrari refuses to give credit to any other team.

Brawn explained why they had not won the race despite having the best car in the race, I don't see anything wrong with that. After all the winners get to explain why they won :)

Schumacher was less than sincere when he said Coulthard's win was deserved.
He then went on to say that the real reason he didnt win was traffic! Who DOESNT run into traffic in Monaco! DC ran into traffic at the same so MS's excuse was pretty lame.

Maybe you missed it, but on his outlaps after his pitstops MS made up the gap to he had to DC (about 7 seconds) because his Ferrari was faster even with a full fuel load. But he lost about a second to traffic. After his pitstop Coulthard came back onto the track 9 tenths behind DC. Had he not been held up by traffic he would have passed the pit exit the very moment DC would have come back on track :eek:

#29 Zippity

Zippity

• 240 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 21:26

Bloody Ferrari!!

Bastards!!

Who do they think they are?

God??

:rotfl: :D :rotfl:

#30 Zmeej

Zmeej

• 68,481 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 21:59

Williams and Rene

What kind of face did Schumi make when DC said that?
If he smiled, I could get very angry... :marvinmartianemoticon:

#31 speedmaster

speedmaster

• 3,742 posts

Posted 28 May 2002 - 03:30

Originally posted by Zippity
Bloody Ferrari!!

Bastards!!

Who do they think they are?

God??

:rotfl: :D :rotfl:

Nope, Schummi won't accept God as second driver......

:wave: :wave: :wave:

#32 falco^p

falco^p

• 54 posts

Posted 28 May 2002 - 03:49

Originally posted by Williams

:up: :up:

#33 Daniel Lester

Daniel Lester

• 2,107 posts

Posted 28 May 2002 - 05:49

How dare they answer the question put to them, prehaps they should say nothing at all but I guess that would be mis-interpreted as well. This sort of **** is pathetic and continues over and over again. I bet Williams PR statement in Brazil would have been similar, but because it's Ross, Jean and MS there being arrogant and lying about everything. If DC said thanks then the comments were sincere as DC and MS have had there run in's and know each other quite well.

Prehaps my only satisfaction from this will come in the following weeks when Ferrari are leading by 40 secs in the most boring circumstances, racking up the easiest 1,2 in history and then have them rub it on the podium and by me.

#34 George Bailey

George Bailey

• 3,728 posts

Posted 28 May 2002 - 06:03

I have really only followed F1 since 2000 and closely in 01 and 02.

Which explains why you are tired of Ferrari's 'arrogance'. These things are cyclic, the team with the best car tends to think they should win every race. Watch a few more years and you will learn to hate all the good teams.;)

Seriously I used to hate Williams, then it shifted to McLaren, and now I can't bring myself to hate either of them. It won't last of course.

#35 gerry nassar

gerry nassar
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,912 posts

Posted 28 May 2002 - 06:23

George actually has a very good point. You tend to hate the team you dont support when they are dominating but you dont mind them as much when they arent winning. Im a Williams/Maclaren supporter and when they were dominating - I was happy and I also didnt mind MS doing well in the Ferrari to spice things up. Now Im unhappy about Ferrari's dominance but thats the way it is.

#36 Schuting Star

Schuting Star

• 5,139 posts

Posted 28 May 2002 - 07:24

Originally posted by gerry nassar
George actually has a very good point. You tend to hate the team you dont support when they are dominating but you dont mind them as much when they arent winning. Im a Williams/Maclaren supporter and when they were dominating - I was happy and I also didnt mind MS doing well in the Ferrari to spice things up. Now Im unhappy about Ferrari's dominance but thats the way it is.

:up: True, I hated McLaren when they were doing well but now I don't mind them winning the odd race. I am even starting to see some good in Ron Dennis, now that won't last!

#37 hedges

hedges

• 1,227 posts

Posted 28 May 2002 - 12:26

I am just taking exception to the fact that Ferrari refuses to give credit to any other team. Schumacher was less than sincere when he said Coulthard
's win was deserved. He then went on to say that the real reason he didnt win was traffic! Who DOESNT run into traffic in Monaco! DC ran into traffic at the same so MS's excuse was pretty lame. Sorry if I missed some of the earlier comments by team bosses, I have really only followed F1 since 2000 and closely in 01 and 02. Also I realize Lauda cant stop running his mouth, but who cares what he has to say? I know this thread is a little pointless but I just wanted to see if anyone else is put off by Ferrari's arrogant (IMO) comments.

Did you even watch the post race press conference?

Q: You mentioned traffic just now; how bad was that?

DC: I think I probably got the best of it. I definitely lost a little bit of time but judging by the gap to those behind me, it seemed to open up more in traffic. It's always going to be difficult here. Some of the guys chose to weave a bit longer before letting you past, but that's always going to be a feature of Monaco and I guess I would be complaining about a bit more if I'd finished second. I'm just enjoying the fact that we've won the Grand Prix because obviously so far this year it's looked pretty difficult and we felt that this was our best chance and everything's worked for us, so I'm just going to enjoy this moment.

Q: Michael. Was traffic worse for you?

MS: No. I thought the guys did a very good job today, staying out of the way. It was very good.

Nothing MS said in the quote you are refering to took away from Davids win.

#38 Scudetto

Scudetto

• 8,227 posts

Posted 28 May 2002 - 14:23

I can't believe this thread.

If anyone is tired of hearing the BS, turn off the volume when a microphone is placed in front of ANY F1 PERSONALITY.

Open your ears, hypocrites, Ferrari did not corner the market on BS in F1.

#39 irene

irene

• 33 posts

Posted 28 May 2002 - 14:30

AndrewK - GET OVER IT! GET A LIFE!

Advertisement

#40 Zmeej

Zmeej

• 68,481 posts

Posted 28 May 2002 - 19:16

Oooh, feisty new member! :p