Photo

Mobikrog ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 70,106 posts

Posted 08 October 2002 - 06:11

Was reading about an Italian Formula Renault test at a track called Mobikrog in Slovenia. I guess its a little airport circuit and the best quote from the test was "...the facilities make Snetterton look like Monza". Its not on Senor Galpin's website so as far as im concerned it doesnt exist :cool: but I thought id check with The Neanderthal Fraterinty for info.

Also sent an email off to the team/driver to see what info they had about it, maps, etc.

Advertisement

#2 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

• 843 posts

Posted 08 October 2002 - 12:58

It could be this one. The names are similar

Ljublijana

Length 1.246 Miles
Direction Clockwise

Contact Information

Address Mobitrack - Circuit Cerklje ob Kirki
Novo Mesto
Slovenia
Telephone +386-611-339538
Website

Posted Image

Arturo

#3 Wolf

Wolf

• 7,883 posts

Posted 08 October 2002 - 14:28

Arturo might very well be right because Slovenian word 'krog' means circle or track... Cerklje is name of Ljubljana airport.

#4 BRG

BRG

• 25,941 posts

Posted 08 October 2002 - 15:21

I thought that Novo Mesto was that rather bizarre circuit that was used by the ETC (Super Touring Cars) in 2000, apparently built on an old army camp in a forest. When the ETC boys went there, it was barely finished, with the run-offs still being mud rather than grass. It was all rather messy and the ETC hasn't returned since.

I think there is/was also a street circuti used in Ljublijana.

#5 Wolf

Wolf

• 7,883 posts

Posted 08 October 2002 - 17:29

Now we are discussing two different tracks, methinks... The part of postal address that slipped my attention is Novo Mesto... Ljubljana airport is some 30km north by north-east of Ljubljana, whereas Novo Mesto is some 80km due west by south-west (roughly, 10ish km from Croatian border). Back to address, I didn't want to post before I consulted my detailed map, so the address should be Cerklje ob Krki, meaning, Cerklje on (river) Krka- it is a village but a few km from aforementioned border (near town Brezice).

Apparently, Ljubljana track is different track alltogether.