• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Romulus

Romulus

• 1,813 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 20:04

:clap: :clap:

It's been three long year. I'm speachless. Frentzen is the rainmaster :up: :up:

I'm so happy that i don't even care that MS won the championship (Good job, btw).

GO HHF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :up: :up:

Advertisement

#2 Amazin

Amazin

• 80 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 20:07

Good to see him leaving F1 in good mood :-)

Go H2F !

#3 fissijo

fissijo

• 2,284 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 20:13

:up: H2F, great to see him up there...

And that's coming from someone that's never been a huge fan. Well driven!

#4 Pilla

Pilla

• 2,373 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 20:25

No one can beat Heinz in the rain

#5 berlinetta

berlinetta

• 2,179 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 20:26

Well I gotta say, everyone welcomes HHF on the podium again after his last podium finish in Indianapolis *three years ago.

original stated two years ago. My bad calculation. He was last on podium in Indianapolis in year 2000. Thanks Wouter.

Btw, it seems Michael is very happy for seeing his old F3 rival back on podium. He started the champagne spraying on HHF instead of the Ferrari mechanic :up:

#6 Wouter

Wouter

• 5,778 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 20:29

Originally posted by berlinetta
Well I gotta say, everyone welcomes HHF on the podium again after his last podium finish in Indianapolis two years ago.

Btw, it seems Michael is very happy for seeing his old F3 rival back on podium. He started the champagne spraying on HHF instead of the Ferrari mechanic :up:

His last podium was 3 years ago, actually (at Indy). Sauber up to 5th by the way...

#7 Mox

Mox

• 3,234 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 20:34

Bring H2F back to Williams ... NOW !!!

#8 Jason

Jason

• 4,095 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 20:36

Those Bridgestones were a major factor, but he still outperformed Nick. :up: BTW, Michael Schumacher still hasn't won the championship yet. He has a 9pt lead on Kimi. So, Kimi could still win it if he wins Suzuka and Michael finishes outside 8th.

#9 Pilla

Pilla

• 2,373 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 20:45

I think you will find that Heinz would easily beat anyone in the rain, I think he was the only one to actually enjoy it out there.

#10 Nattfari

Nattfari

• 20 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 20:52

Today he proved he still has business in F1. I sincerely hope that he retains his seat at Sauber for next season. I'm sure he's better choice than Massa, who b.t.w. I think is overrated.

#11 ERD1

ERD1

• 522 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 20:56

This is a good opportunity for repeating what I have said over the last couple of months in a few threads, the last being the anti-HHF bulking at Monza thread, to the effect that he is the forgotten man of F1 who has been outperforming a teammate who gets a lot of concern in this forum over where he is going next season while he hardly receive the acknowledgement of a goodbye wave.

Nobody cares.

Yet again he beats Heidfeld. He has consistently shown better against Heidfeld than Massa did last year (and possibly Kimi the year before - although I do not have the hard data (yet) to base this on).

Congrats HHF :clap: . Hope you are around next year.

Cheers

#12 Romulus

Romulus

• 1,813 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 21:11

Originally posted by ERD1

Nobody cares.

Cheers

:up:
I care!!!!

#13 Pilla

Pilla

• 2,373 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 21:19

Me too :)

#14 Double Apex

Double Apex

• 2,334 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 21:36

Great race by Heinz and of course good calls on the tyres. :up:

Peter Sauber must be a happy man today, from 9th to 5th in the WCC standings! :eek: :up:

#15 gerry nassar

gerry nassar
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,912 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 21:50

HHF!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: Shows how good he still is!! Those glory days of 99 seem so long ago now - but despite a dissapointing race for me - seeing him on the podium was something special!! This is the reason Sauber brought him back to the team. :clap: :up:

#16 Earthling

Earthling

• 3,602 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 21:54

Originally posted by gerry nassar
HHF!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: Shows how good he still is!! Those glory days of 99 seem so long ago now - but despite a dissapointing race for me - seeing him on the podium was something special!! This is the reason Sauber brought him back to the team. :clap: :up:

Ditto!
Hope he stays in F1.
F1 should have more older guys than newbie kids. :down:

#17 Bjorn

Bjorn

• 5,889 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 21:58

:clap::clap::clap:

Great work Frentzen! Great work Sauber!

:clap::clap::clap:

#18 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

• 16,216 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 21:59

Sauber should keep HHF along with Fisi, what a great team that would be!! :up:

Sauber now 5th in constructors, excellent!! :clap:

#19 gerry nassar

gerry nassar
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,912 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 22:04

Originally posted by Earthling

Ditto!
Hope he stays in F1.

Yes :up:

I think for a year or two there should be a slowdown of bringing in young guys into F1. We were lucky to get the likes of Kimi, Alonso and Button - but not all new young guys will be as good as these guys. Keeping experienced guys like HHF in F1 is what is needed - the experience and speed they bring to the team is invaluable.

Advertisement

#20 Pilla

Pilla

• 2,373 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 22:04

If that was the case Fisi would finally have a team mate who could challenge him, beat him, and maybe push him to new hights.

#21 Lada Lover

Lada Lover

• 4,278 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 22:05

I am so glad to see HHF on the podium. I didn't watch the press conference but I bet he was smiling big. :clap: I hope HHF of all the drivers without a ride gets a ride next year

#22 Earthling

Earthling

• 3,602 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 22:07

I only hope so, but with all the rumors that the seat is Massa's again, it doesnt help. :|

#23 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 11,192 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 22:07

HHF :clap:

#24 maclaren

maclaren

• 4,718 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 22:08

Originally posted by Wouter
His last podium was 3 years ago, actually (at Indy). Sauber up to 5th by the way...

Now thats a positive surprise :clap: :clap:

I believe they can hang with this through Suzuka if all top teams are going to finish :up: :up:

And HHF is cool driver :drunk:

#25 masterhit

masterhit

• 1,837 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 22:21

Well done to Heinz Harald!

Good driving from him as so often in the wet, and a good day for Hinwil and that German town he and Heidfeld come from that embarassingly escapes me at the moment..Munchengladbach!

#26 Romulus

Romulus

• 1,813 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 22:24

Heinz-Harald Frentzen: "I'm very happy! It's fantastic! Especially in our situation! We have had a very difficult season and podium finishes have definitely not been our regular targets. Today the weather and track conditions were just perfect for us. I was about to come into the pits anyway, so I decided to ask the team to change to wet tyres just as it started to rain. As it showed, this was a crucial decision. The team did a great job and it seems that our car is more competitive in wet conditions. This was our joker. However, we had a similar situation in Monza two weeks ago when it looked very promising for us too regarding points. But today I just thought of enjoying my position as much as I could and was not so much thinking of finishing on the podium. Tonight we're going on to the streets to have a party! I'll invite the whole team. We definitely have a reason to celebrate. We made a big jump in the championship. My third place gives a lot of motivation to the team. ! I wish it all the best for the future."

Seems like HHF don't think he will stay with Sauber... :cry:

It's a shame but to night is a night to celebrate. Hopefully H2F will land a drive next year :up:

#27 gerry nassar

gerry nassar
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,912 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 22:47

Originally posted by Romulus

It's a shame but to night is a night to celebrate. Hopefully H2F will land a drive next year :up:

Sadly - that last line doesnt sound like he will stay at Sauber. His only hope would be to partner Webber at Jaguar. I remember back in 99 - Jaguar really wanted to sign him on.

#28 flyer72

flyer72

• 2,855 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 22:48

I hope that HHF and Heidfeld manages to stay in F1 - today proved that they are both very skilled!
I think it is sad that two drivers who manage to score points in a SAUBER still doesn't have any contracts for next year.

To the comments that Heidfeld didn't manage better (why 5th place in a Sauber not good enough???), he had to pit again for wettires while HHF changed to wets in his first stop.

Very solid performances from both of the drivers and I'm very happy that HHF was on the podium! I think Sauber needs to think hard if they really want Massa again!

#29 Nasty McBastard

Nasty McBastard

• 5,977 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 22:55

i like harry...seems like a nice bloke...good on him i say....

BTW...ms didnt win the championship....unless someones been DQed

#30 Pilla

Pilla

• 2,373 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 23:09

Apparently, and this is just second hand information from a chat room, after the race Peter Sauber had tears in his eyes and was interviewed by a German Television station, when asked if Heinz could stay in the team now Peter Sauber said it was probably imposible, apparently he seemed regretfull. I would be too, a driver that has shown loyalty, and reputedly turned down a Toyota drive to drive for his old team Sauber and being dumped when they would be languishing behind Jordan without him.

#31 30ft penguin

30ft penguin

• 2,522 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 23:09

Originally posted by Romulus

Yeah, it was just confirmed here on radio: both Nick and Heinz-Harald will leave Sauber, who will get Fisi and Massa for next season. As we all suspected.

#32 Todd

Todd

• 18,936 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 23:15

Originally posted by gerry nassar

Sadly - that last line doesnt sound like he will stay at Sauber. His only hope would be to partner Webber at Jaguar. I remember back in 99 - Jaguar really wanted to sign him on.

I think that would be a good combination, but I've heard repeatedly that Jaguar needs a paydriver next year.

The only complaint I had with H2F today was that he can't even pretend to be enthusiastic about scoring a podium in an unlikely car. It would have been one thing for JPM to have come 3rd and looked like he was bored, but this was one of H2F's best result, and most likely his last. He is the opposite of drivers that I like, drivers like Solberg and Schumacher. You can tell that they love what they do. Frentzen could be staffing a counter at the DMV for all the passion he brings to F1. :

#33 Romulus

Romulus

• 1,813 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 23:15

Originally posted by 30ft penguin
Yeah, it was just confirmed here on radio: both Nick and Heinz-Harald will leave Sauber, who will get Fisi and Massa for next season. As we all suspected.

That's a shame :cry: :down:
What a moment to anounce such a thing. :down:
What a bitter sweet day for me :(

#34 Pilla

Pilla

• 2,373 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 23:19

Originally posted by Todd

I think that would be a good combination, but I've heard repeatedly that Jaguar needs a paydriver next year.

The only complaint I had with H2F today was that he can't even pretend to be enthusiastic about scoring a podium in an unlikely car. It would have been one thing for JPM to have come 3rd and looked like he was bored, but this was one of H2F's best result, and most likely his last. He is the opposite of drivers that I like, drivers like Solberg and Schumacher. You can tell that they love what they do. Frentzen could be staffing a counter at the DMV for all the passion he brings to F1. :

What do you meen, he looked confused, and in shock, he couldnt help smilling and he was mixing up his words. He was extatic I imagine, just a bit in shock, as you would be.

Also I dont see how Jaguar needs a pay driver if they just bought a 2nd wind tunnel and are building a 3rd they must have a bit of money to throw around.

#35 umma gumma

umma gumma

• 833 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 23:45

big :clap: :clap: for Heinz!!

he seemed to me to be a bit drunk, from the champagne?

:lol:

was refreshing to see someone up there relaxed, talking normally, and not blurbing out boring corporate-speak.

#36 Romulus

Romulus

• 1,813 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 00:04

From the post press conference

Q: How enjoyable was the race for you?
HH FRENTZEN:: Well, I had great fun. But I was really concerned, thinking about finishing second and third in the championship - excuse me, in the position on the podium (laughter).

:rotfl: :clap: Thinking back to 1999???

#37 indycarjunkie

indycarjunkie

• 2,699 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 00:18

Originally posted by Earthling
Ditto!
Hope he stays in F1.

Right on! :up: I was very happy to see Heinz back on the podium again, though I didn't realize the 2000 USGP was the last time he was up there. So if you think F1 should have more geezers driving do you want someone to bring back Alain Prost and give him a ride?

#38 senninha

senninha

• 3,842 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 00:42

Originally posted by Amazin
Good to see him leaving F1 in good mood :-)

Go H2F !

today, already known lack of guts of take decisions at Sauber gave results. They didnĀ“t do a Toyota pathetic stratregy...

#39 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

• 16,216 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 06:37

I hope someone signs up HHF. Jaguar or Toyota should get him immediately. He is really one of the drivers that I really care about, and wants to have good results.

Big thumbs up for HHF. :up: :up:

Advertisement

#40 berlinetta

berlinetta

• 2,179 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 06:43

Originally posted by Wouter

Thanks Wouter, I did a bad mathematics calculation :p
My careless mistake, sorry.

#41 Earthling

Earthling

• 3,602 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 07:24

Originally posted by indycarjunkie

Right on! :up: I was very happy to see Heinz back on the podium again, though I didn't realize the 2000 USGP was the last time he was up there. So if you think F1 should have more geezers driving do you want someone to bring back Alain Prost and give him a ride?

Like i'd oppose to that!!!!!
Do u doubt that Alain can cut it in F1? Well i dont think he can last a full race's distance without getting a HUGE workout scheduled up for a year b4.....but then again u never know. This guy drove the fastest cars in the world for 1.5 decades, and the majority were without Power steering!

I still follow his results in the Andros Trophy races. :smoking:
Some1 give the Proffessor DC's seat!!!! :up: :D

#42 logic

logic

• 3,636 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 07:43

:clap: :clap: Grats Frenzen :clap: :clap:

#43 indian

indian

• 1,194 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 07:57

Originally posted by Mox
Bring H2F back to Williams ... NOW !!!

The TV commentator for STAR sports channel here in India was saying that he heard rumours about HHF taking JPM's seat at Williams, if JPM leaves for McLaren next year.

Most of the silly season discussions now seem to be centred on JPM's move to McLaren in 2004 :)

#44 Zawed

Zawed

• 4,500 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 08:06

Good ol'Harry-Heinz shows everyone he can still do the business. Great stuff! :up:

#45 fifi

fifi

• 12,423 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 08:18

Good on Heinz :clap: :clap: :clap:

#46 checkonetwo

checkonetwo

• 1,164 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 08:51

:clap: :clap: :clap:

what a wonderful day for H2F ! he showed them all what kind he is ... it was so nice seeing him up there again. give him the free seat in williams and let him drive for the wdc once again ! why not ? why not ?
he beat nick on a regular basis despite beeing years older and he still got it, all of it.

:wave: :up:

#47 ERD1

ERD1

• 522 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 10:16

Glad to see others care but can you imagine the column inches here if JV had made the podium (it seems he got more from the 6th place at Monza) and yet, based on relative performance to the teammate, HHF is clearly the one who should be retained (in F1).

A major difference may be in the off-track entertainment provided by each although HHF hasn't done all that badly in his understated way, particularly with his Jordan departure (from the viewpoint of how Jordan have performed since then, may be they should have been listening to him).

I am beginning to sound like a supporter whereas I am coming at this purely from the viewpoint of how the guy has performed in the last two years and to redress a lack of balance in this respect in this forum.

He also had some good results in last year's curtailed season with Arrow and was, on average, 0.4% faster than Bernoldi. This year thru Monza I have him 0.3% faster than Heidfeld. These are fairly enormous numbers considering the spread between the top 20 of 23 who have driven this year is 0.5%.

(Also, since I have Massa coming out, at best, 0.1% faster than Heidfeld last year, Peter Sauber may regret bowing to Ferrari pressure for 2004, if this is in fact the case. Fisi, who I have 0.1% faster than HHF, and HHF would be the best pairing Sauber could lay there hands on).

Cheers

#48 siggers

siggers

• 1,378 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 11:48

Originally posted by ERD1
Glad to see others care but can you imagine the column inches here if JV had made the podium (it seems he got more from the 6th place at Monza) and yet, based on relative performance to the teammate, HHF is clearly the one who should be retained (in F1).

A major difference may be in the off-track entertainment provided by each although HHF hasn't done all that badly in his understated way, particularly with his Jordan departure (from the viewpoint of how Jordan have performed since then, may be they should have been listening to him).

Sure do. I think of HHF as one of the very good drivers. But he tends to be rather unspectacular, both in his on on- and off-track style. More oriented to bring in the results than show off the 'hot' stuff. And he is mostly very uncontroversial. A real pity that that seems to be enough to give him a much too low profile. Not enough over the last years to get him better drives and not enough to give hime more chance to demonstrate his dry humour. Some of his interviews are true cult, if you like that deadpan kind of stuff ...

#49 Leif Snellman

Leif Snellman

• 1,136 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 12:08

Originally posted by Pilla
I think you will find that Heinz would easily beat anyone in the rain, I think he was the only one to actually enjoy it out there.

Amen to that!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

#50 MJP

MJP

• 1,922 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 12:31

Originally posted by Pilla

Not to take anything from Heinz, but MS would be hard to overtake in pouring conditions. Just recall what he did to JV in Spain a few years back. 4 sec/lap gap is enough convincing for me, that there is only handful of drivers who can do it.