Photo

FAWC - Season 2

• Please log in to reply
1380 replies to this topic

#1 smithy

smithy

• 2,459 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 11:53

Welcome to Season 2 of FAWC. Thanks to BorderReiver, we had a terrific inaugural season but he has decided to step back from the game and so I will be running the show this season.

The Formula Atlas World Championship is a very basic F1 management game, based on Geoff Crammond's GP2 engine. It isn't stunningly in depth, you won't be worrying about car set-ups for races, or individual component design for example. What you will be doing is trying to outbid each other for drivers, engine contracts, personnel etc. and then improving your drivers and personnel over the course of the season to acheive the best results.

Certain things can occur in the game-world as well. These include, driver injuries and fatalities (although these are rare, we had one in Season 1), the creation of an in house engine if you want it, the hiring of "rent-a-drivers" to boost you're funds. You can fire drivers and personel, hire new ones, abandon development on this years car and concentrate on next year etc. Driver's reach their peak, deteriorate and retire. In short *most* of the stuff that happens in racing, happens in a *very* basic way in this game.

For what it lacks in subtlety however, it makes up in ease of use. In order to play this game all you need to do, pretty much, is hire your personel, by outbidding others in the Championship, and then e-mail me a form telling me what you would like to do (these options will be made clear at a later, but they include, what type of testing to undertake etc). It will be done, and the race results will be published.

A word of warning however, the game can only cater for 18 teams and even then only 13 of them can actually race at any point. So it will be on a first come first served basis, and if a team-manager neglects their team for a certain period, they will be removed from the championship and someone else can have their place. If we have lots of entries it is possible to run a two tier system but we'll cross that bridge if we have to.

If you would like to play, the first step is really quite simple. Think up a team name (keep them sensible folks ;) ) and submit your entry to me at bevan_smith@yahoo.com. If you participated in Season 1, you will still need to send me an email with your team name to confirm your entry - you don't have a guaranteed spot!!! Please don't say anything in the thread yet until I've confirmed your entry.

Go here for the complete entry procedure.

Advertisement

#2 smithy

smithy

• 2,459 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 00:14

FAWC Season 2 Kicks Off With A Bang
Teams re-sign for competition

The Commissioner was pleased to receive entries from 5 teams today for Season 2 of FAWC. The teams returning to the cut and thrust of single seater competition:

Silver Spark Motorsport
Red Devil Racing
Team Raptor
Dexa Racing Team
Pink Blaze Auto Group

Welcome aboard all and good luck.

Edited to correct team names

#3 smithy

smithy

• 2,459 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:44

One more thing....

In order to avoid a conflict of interest, I have had to resign from the management of Flusher Motorsports. However, the team and it's facilities still exists and are available for a new entrant to "buy". Buying the team will give a team boss FRR privileges over the pit crew and wind tunnel - perhaps (or perhaps not!) a bit of a leg up on any of the other newbies.

New entrants only - first come, first served!

#4 Rob Silver Speed

Rob Silver Speed

• 1,296 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 14:17

Yay!

Well erm... posty post :p

#5 Rob Silver Speed

Rob Silver Speed

• 1,296 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 22:17

Hmm drawn up a provisional budget and it doesn't look pretty, willing to bet i take more risks than anyone considering y'all get 2mil more than me :)

#6 Ferrari_Boy

Ferrari_Boy

• 169 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 07:51

Can i get a rule clarification.............

as i purchased a wind tunnel in the first season, so now it only costs me a $mill to keep it - or do i need to spend $5,000,000 on it again?

Is it the same with in house engines?? if i start developing one can i keep it into the next season at the same stage of development and keep it going

#7 Rob Silver Speed

Rob Silver Speed

• 1,296 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 10:56

as in real life once you have the wind tunnel you don't need to buy it again mjust pay $1mil for upkeep and improvement

with the engines once you've begun development you only pay $100,000 between races if you want to develop it, you'll only lose your in-house engine if you bid on an outsourced engine e.g. topspec, gradeforce etc.

#8 A Wheel Nut

A Wheel Nut

• 4,739 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 12:13

I wonder if there's a conflict of interest should I enter considering smithy and I share very similar avatars.... :p

#9 Nikos Spagnol

Nikos Spagnol

• 1,408 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 12:36

Reigning champions incoming...

Smithy, I'll send you the e-mail later, OK?

#10 Rob Silver Speed

Rob Silver Speed

• 1,296 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 12:42

Originally posted by smithy
Please don't say anything in the thread yet until I've confirmed your entry.

*cough* nikos *cough* :)

#11 Rob Silver Speed

Rob Silver Speed

• 1,296 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 13:26

It would appear i have gone over budget slightly(28.6mil) looks like i'll need to win a lot to break even if i get all i want :cry:

#12 smithy

smithy

• 2,459 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 23:37

Originally posted by Ferrari_Boy
Can i get a rule clarification.............

as i purchased a wind tunnel in the first season, so now it only costs me a $mill to keep it - or do i need to spend $5,000,000 on it again?

No, only $1m and that is paid upfront.

Originally posted by Ferrari_Boy
Is it the same with in house engines?? if i start developing one can i keep it into the next season at the same stage of development and keep it going

Erm.... not sure I understand your question. If you want to go inhouse you would need to spend $5m now. Race by race development is up to you. At the beginning of the next season, if you choose to continue with the inhouse, it would carry across the same development status. However, you can't choose to go inhouse and customer at the same time - that is, you can't develop the inhuse in the background while using customer engines at the race.

Hope that helps.

#13 A Wheel Nut

A Wheel Nut

• 4,739 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 02:12

Wheel Nut Racing enter FAWC; appoint Managing and Sporting Directors

Melbourne/Australia, April 10 – The Nut Group today officially announced their entry in to the Formula Atlas World Championship.

After careful financial consideration the group felt that the time was right for their entry in to the pinnacle of world motorsport, the Formula Atlas World Championship.

The newly formed Wheel Nut Racing (WNR) team will be based out of Philip Island, after securing a lucrative deal with the State Government of Victoria that gives the team exclusive access to the circuit all year round.

Jase Knut, sole founder and Chairman of the Board, Nut Group: "Everyone at the Nut Group is excited by the recent decision to enter the FAWC. We pride ourselves on our preparation and are extremely confident that our purchase of the Philip Island facilities will reap many rewards. The on site airport will provide for easy transportation of team members and equipment and having our own test track where we can punch out lap after lap of testing is definitely a step in the right direction.

"Unfortunately we were unaware of the FAWC last year and only discovered the series upon the conclusion of its first season. Since then we have worked hard behind the scenes to allocate the necessary funds to get the dream off the ground and it is with great excitement and expectation that we announce the formation of the Wheel Nut Racing team. We are certain that our cars will give our drivers a lot of pleasure.

"The competition in the series is second to none which is why we at the Nut Group feel as though WNR can be a worthy addition to the series. We have every intention of winning in the FAWC. We have already moved in to the Philip Island circuit, and are eagerly awaiting the arrival of the rest of our team, the cars and the sweet taste of success."

The Nut Group also announced today the appointment of Jase Knut and Maura Tierney to key management positions within the newly established Wheel Nut Racing team. Jase Knut will take the role of Managing Director of WNR while Maura Tierney, in a surprise signing for the group, will become Sporting Director.

"We are thrilled that Maura decided to join WNR in it's infancy" said Jase Knut at the teams launch. "We feel that Maura can add an input to our team that most teams can only dream of having."

Maura Tierney, Sporting Director, Wheel Nut Racing: "I was unsure when Jase first came to me and asked if I wanted to join his FAWC team. But after he laid his amazing package out on the table in front of me I found that I simply couldn't resist. A few hours later we also discussed the team and what my terms would be should I sign. All things considered, WNR has provided a lot of opportunities for me at this stage in my life that otherwise would not have exsisted.

"Besides, I've always been a fan of Australia, and its men, and with WNR I believe I have found a great team and a great man who can take the team all the way."

Questions have been asked about the teams expectations for its first season, many believing that a team starting from scratch in the second ever season of the FAWC will be at a disadvantage.

"Realistically we understand that we are already at least a year behind some competitors" commented Sporting Director Maura Tierney.

"Many [teams] already have wind tunnels and advanced engine programs in place, as well as the experience that can only come with a year of previously racing in the Championship. But we're certain that the careful financial planning and confidence in personnel we employ will pay off."

#14 A Wheel Nut

A Wheel Nut

• 4,739 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 13:28

I assume that the bidding deadline hasn't been set just yet?

#15 Rob Silver Speed

Rob Silver Speed

• 1,296 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 13:48

We need a fair few more than 6 teams for the championship to have any real value

#16 smithy

smithy

• 2,459 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 07:30

Right...... that's my exam out of the way so a bit of a millstone gone from around my neck.

Bidding deadline I was hoping to be next Saturday 23 April but Rob's right - we can't have a season with only six entries (seven if you count Nikos).

So, get cracking everybody. Call your mates, boyfriends, girlfriends and try and drum up some business. I'll send off a polite reminder to the S1 particpants as well.

#17 JForce

JForce

• 13,847 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 00:52

Teams Tremble as All Black Racing Confirm Entry
Brewing company stocks climb on news of their return

The most popular team in the FAWC have announced their intention to compete in Season 2. Team Principal JForce was absent from the announcement, and a spokesman indicated they weren' sure where he was.

#18 The Tiger

The Tiger

• 185 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 01:35

RUMORS BUILD UP AS JOY GP BOSS TIGER JOY IS SEEN OUTSIDE FAWC HQs

In a much awaited move by the Mexican outfit, JOY GP's mastermind and team boss Tiger Joy was seen outside the FAWC headquarters last night. Rumors on weather or not the outfit is planing on remaining inside the series are yet unfounded, nevertheless, we sure hope to have a proven winner remain in competition...

Confirmation on this at a later hour... :up:

#19 smithy

smithy

• 2,459 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 03:01

FAWC Announcement
Commisioner confirms entries for Season 2
FAWC Season 2 Commissioner Smithy announced the entry of further teams to FAWC.

"I was down in the shed at the back of Flusher Central when I got the call," he said. "I'm delighted to announce the return of FAWC Hard Man JForce and his All Black Racing team, as well as the top in-house team from season 1, JoyGP Engineering."

"Lastly, it gives me great pleasure to announce the entry of Maximillian Motorsports. Team boss Maxie joins Wheel Nut Racing as brand new entries to FAWC. I wish them all the best of luck."

The following entries are confirmed for season 2:

Silver Spark Motorsport (Team Boss: Rob Silver Speed)
Red Devil Racing (Ferrari_Boy)
Team Raptor (GhostR)
Dexa Racing Team (Xig)
Pink Blaze Auto Group (Zoe_Leigh)
Wheel Nut Racing (A Wheel Nut)
All Black Racing (JForce)
Maximillian Motorsports (Maxie)
JOY GP Engineering (The Tiger)

"We've pretty much got a season," declared Smithy. "Ten entries will confirm it but we're happy for all and sundry to join. The more the better."

Advertisement

#20 maxie

maxie

• 1,537 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 14:25

Maximillian Motorsports Confirmed Entry

Maxie, a low-key and mysterious racing enthusiast from Hong Kong, has confirmed his team, Maximillian Motorsports (MM), will compete in the second season of FAWC. MM has been dominating the regional ricksaw championships in the last decade, and will now make the gigantic leap into single-seater racing. Said Maxie, "Well, we are not quite sure what we are heading into, but we will do our best and see what will happen."

#21 maxie

maxie

• 1,537 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 16:05

Maximillian Motorsports Confirmed Major Sponsor

Maximillian Motorsports (MM), the newcomner of the FAWC, has announced that it has reached a major sponsorship deal with Sholl, a leading petroleum company, to become its primary sponsor for the season. The Sholl logo and livery will now feature prominently on both MM cars. Details of the deal have not been revealed.

#22 Rob Silver Speed

Rob Silver Speed

• 1,296 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 16:16

Thats a point, smithy are we introducing sponsors for this season(as i had proposed for last season but had it deemed to early to bother implimenting.)

#23 smithy

smithy

• 2,459 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 23:26

Originally posted by Rob Silver Speed
Thats a point, smithy are we introducing sponsors for this season(as i had proposed for last season but had it deemed to early to bother implimenting.)

Nope. Sponsors are still to hard, especially for a noobie Commissioner.

Rob, I also gave some thought to your question from the weekend - I'll send you a PM soon.

#24 smithy

smithy

• 2,459 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 01:04

FAWC World Champion Returns
Commissioner says: "LETS GET READY TO RRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAACE!"

FAWC Season 2 Commissioner Smithy proudly announced the return of the reigning FA WCC to season 2. The lively Brazilian Nikos Spagnol brings his gorgeous Equipe Pindamonhangaba cars back to the grid. This brings the total number of teams to 10 and therefore 20 cars will line up for the first race.

Entries will remain open for the vacant slots but in the meantime everybody can move forward into bidding mode. First round bids must be submitted by 0:01 GMT Sunday 24 April - so you have a week and a bit to think about it. DON'T LEAVE IT LATE LIKE SOME PEOPLE DID LAST TIME!!!

A suggestion: It might be worth your while to fire in a provisional bidding list early on so at least you're in the game. You can always revise it later - I'll just use the last one I get from you.

To re-iterate, bidding works exactly like it did last year. The ony difference is to nominate your FRR if you wish.

Just to complicate things, I'm going to be on vacation from this Saturday 16th to Saturday 23rd. During this time I will be 100% offline (not even on Yahoo). So, if you've got any questions, ask them now before I disappear. I'll also work out a mechanism for other people to join while I'm away but still get the bidding pack and be part of round 1.

Here's the provisional schedule I'm working to:

First Round Bidding Closes: Sparrows f*rt 24 April
Resolution of FRR: 27 April
Second Round Bidding Closes: 1 May
Pre Season Budget Status: 7 May
Development Sheets for Official Test Round: 14 May

I'll try and keep to the two week schedule originally planned for last year. Having seen how much work is required, I can understand why BR found it difficult to keep up. The race has to be run in real time and then you have to analyse where all the incidents are and write the race report. Phew...!

Lastly, here is the race schedule for Season 2.

Pre Season Test: Catalunya, Spain
Round 1: Monte Carlo, Monaco
Round 2: International Sweepstakes, Indianapolis, USA
Round 3: Hermanos Rodriguez, Mexico
Round 4: Interlagos, Brazil
Round 5: Mt Panorama, Australia
Round 6: Suzuka, Japan
Round 7: Paul Ricard, France (the 5.7km version)
Round 8: Brands Hatch, Great Britain
Round 9: Spa, Belgium
Round 10: Monza, Italy

That's about it for the moment.

#25 smithy

smithy

• 2,459 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 05:18

Well.... not quite.

I just realised that in order to bid it would be helpful if you knew how much money you had in the bank. Therefore there is an email on it's way to you that gives you a figure for your team.

The figure is calculated on your closing funds balance as at Monza, less any salaries paid at Monaco, plus any prize money. I'm not going to bother with any development you may or may not have done at Monaco, nor any salaries for round 10 because that never happened. If there is a hardship loan to repay then that is deducted.

Having said that, I don't have the Monza Budget Status for Equipe P, ABR and RDR. So Nikos, JForce and Ferrari_Boy, you need to send me the last one you got. Otherwise I could estimate your funds on the low side.

#26 Xig

Xig

• 699 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 14:17

Hi Smithy, I have a little question before I can fill my bidding sheet

what does FRR means?

Thanks

#27 Rob Silver Speed

Rob Silver Speed

• 1,296 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 17:32

FRR = First Right of Refusal, if you want to keep a member of staff or driver that you used last year, put them at the top of your list, if another teams bids for them, you will be asked if you want to meet the other teams offer, if you do you keep the staff/driver, if you don't you get the next staff/driver in the list.

#28 The Tiger

The Tiger

• 185 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 18:30

The figure is calculated on your closing funds balance as at Monza, less any salaries paid at Monaco, plus any prize money. I'm not going to bother with any development you may or may not have done at Monaco, nor any salaries for round 10 because that never happened. If there is a hardship loan to repay then that is deducted.

So what you mean is that you are taking into account any prize money won in Monaco?...

Also, from not taking into account any developments done at Monaco, I'm asuming that since JOY GP won the race, we actually took a pretty big step forward developmentwise there, so I am not in accordance with the Commissioner's descicion to ignore developments made at the principality... Out of all the returning teams, I'm assuming JOY would have the most to loose from this descicion... I would very much like to reconsider this Mr. Commissioner...

Thanks...

#29 Rob Silver Speed

Rob Silver Speed

• 1,296 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 19:00

Can't remember who finished where but i do believe our cars made a 'decent' step forward at monaco(or was it the race before?) where we managed to grab 5th(?) overall fastest in qualifying

#30 The Tiger

The Tiger

• 185 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 19:22

PRESS RELEASE
JOY GP in disagreement with FAWC Commission

Just after today's coments from the FAWC Commissioner regarding the fact that any developments made last season after the Monza race will be considered illegal and therefore banned from any further usage or aplication, JOY GP's team boss Tiger Joy issued a press conference in wich he expressed his concern and disagreement with the Commission...

"We were not in any moment and under no circumstance consulted regarding this matter. I have spoken with some of my colleagues and they too weren't aware of this situation. Taking into account the team's result in Monaco, I believe that its performance will be mostly compromised and put at a disadvantage by this desicion. In addition to the technical disadvantages that this puts us under, I believe that there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to ignore all the hard work the team put forth towards the end of last season, especially after the tough times this guys had to go through following Dino's fatal accident in Japan..."

The fervent team boss continued... "By expressing how I feel, I in no way wish to offend anyone who might have been involved in this desicion, nevertheless, it is my duty to look after this team's interests and I am willing to put my reputation on the line for these guys, therefore, I would like to publicly announce my disagreement with the Commission's desicion and urge all team bosses to come forth and join me in this matter..."

After the mexican magnate finished expressing his concern with the FAWC Commission's recent desicions, he hurriedly escaped the press leaving lots of unanswered questions wather or not he will remain in the FAWC if this resolution is not overturned by officials.

#31 Rob Silver Speed

Rob Silver Speed

• 1,296 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 21:18

Round 5: Mt Panorama, Australia

Psst it's called bathurst you know :)

#32 smithy

smithy

• 2,459 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 22:50

Originally posted by Rob Silver Speed

Psst it's called bathurst you know :)

It's not actually. :)

The official name of the circuit is Mt Panorama and it's just outside of the town called Bathurst. Just like Hermanos Rodriguez is that name, rather than Mexico City.

#33 Rob Silver Speed

Rob Silver Speed

• 1,296 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 22:54

Hmm ok lol, never seen it written at Mt Panarama before, only realised which track it was from playing ToCA race driver too much :p

#34 smithy

smithy

• 2,459 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 22:55

Originally posted by Xig
....what does FRR mean?

Xig, Rob's got it pretty much right.

To be specific, for example if you want to keep David Wells then you need to nominate your FRR in the bidding sheet and also place him at the top of your driver list. If someone else puts him at the top of their bidding list and bid more than you did, then in order to retain his services you need to match their bid. I'll tell you via email what the amount is and you can choose to match it or not - you don't have to.

Hope that clears it up.

#35 Rob Silver Speed

Rob Silver Speed

• 1,296 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 22:56

Yay not always wrong :D

#36 smithy

smithy

• 2,459 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 23:13

FAWC Announcement
Commissioner tries to sooth anxious team bosses

I appear to have confused some of you. What I mean is that I'm not counting the development MONEY spent at Monaco. In order to get your current performance stats I have had to work backwards from the qualifying times and race fast laps. Therefore, any development that BR loaded into the game for Monaco WILL be counted - essentially you have got it for free.

Tiger, hopefully this will make you feel better. I've run about 10 simulations at Monaco over the past couple of nights. Reyes is almost always in the top three. In one iteration I even had Brewster on the front row next to Branstadt! I truly, truly believe that JoyGP will not be disadvantaged.

In other testing news, I thought you guys would get a kick out of this - I know I did.

Running a quickrace at IMS. The flag drops and Saez screams into Turn 1. In the midfield, a group try Turn 1 three wide. There's a touch, two cars go to the wall and someone loses their entire nosecone in a tumult of carbon fibre.

Einfeldt.

:lol:

Thank God he's going back to German Formula Messerschmidt when Season 2 starts! Having said that, De Sperlet was airborne into the wall yet bounced off unscathed and continued in the race. :confused: Need to think about those damage settings.....

Saving the best news for last, Makarias has re-entered for season 2 which means the Insomnia's are back on the grid. :clap: That's now 11 teams, 22 cars. This just gets better and better.

#37 Rob Silver Speed

Rob Silver Speed

• 1,296 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 23:24

As long as Bjorn and StickShift don't re-enter i'll be plenty pleased enough :lol:

#38 smithy

smithy

• 2,459 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 23:33

New Entry Procedure for FAWC Season 2
Commissioner puts the system on autopilot while he goes sailing and golfing on team bosses funds
As mentioned above I'm away next week, so I've changed the way for players to enter season 2.

1. Send me an email to bevan_smith@yahoo.com so that I get your email address and team name.
2. Click here to get the welcome pack with the rules, rosters, S1 stats and bidding sheet.
3. Make sure you get the bidding sheet to the yahoo email by 0:01 GMT Sunday 24 April
4. No need to worry about liveries if you're a brand new entry - there's plenty of time before we get to Catalunya.

#39 maxie

maxie

• 1,537 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 04:49

Tabloids: Commish May Jump Ship
Smithy may bolt to rival series

Rumours are rife regarding the sudden disappearance of Smithy, the Commissioner of FAWC. Smithy has been claiming on numerous occassions that he has gone sailing and golfing on team bosses' fund. However, tabloids have obtained pictures which show that Smithy has instead travelled to Palau Islands, a-la Survivor style, to meet with the CEO of rival series Formula Atlantis Teams Superior Organisation (FATSO), regarding the recently vacated Commissioner post. Phone enquiries to Smithy's office remain unanswered.

Advertisement

#40 Xig

Xig

• 699 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 17:48

Thank you both, smithy and Rob, I had not read the Rules and that's why I didn't understand :rolleyes:

Now I can fill my bidding sheet... :)

#41 Rob Silver Speed

Rob Silver Speed

• 1,296 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 19:29

I'm sure if you, or any of the other any of the new team managers are unsure about something, I, smithy and the other team owners would be glad to give you a hand(if i've not been flamed before you read this :p)

#42 maxie

maxie

• 1,537 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 05:24

PRESS RELEASE
With nothing to do, Maxie goes on vacation

Maxie, team boss of Maximillian Motorsports, has decided to spend some time in a crude hut near the base camp of Mount Everest before the start of the new season. "I need some time to reflect on the decisions I have made, and I need to regroup", said Maxie, and he immediately returned to the hut, slammed the door shut and declared he would not speak again in the coming weeks.

#43 Rob Silver Speed

Rob Silver Speed

• 1,296 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 08:32

Not long now til my team is able to annouce ti's strongest line-up since beginning in FAWC last season :)

Everyone else submitted their bids? only 2 more days to do it or you could miss the good people/engines.

#44 maxie

maxie

• 1,537 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 10:52

PRESS RELEASE
FAWC's Numbering System Needs to be Revised

Freshly de-frozen from his brief stay at the Everest, Maxie, the team boss of Maximillian Motorsports, wants the numbering system of the FAWC changed. "We need to look at what the GP2 are doing," said Maxie. "Assigning numbers according to the drivers' practice speed is great fun. Perhaps we can do it as well, but with a twitch: Our numbers will be assigned according to the team owners' time running around the Catalunya circuit." Maxie declined further comment but said that he will leave the Everest and return to the team's HQ is Hong Kong, on foot.

#45 Rob Silver Speed

Rob Silver Speed

• 1,296 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 11:46

As GP2 but using the slower driver's position to choose places e.g.

Team A - Driver A - 1.12.6
Team B - Driver A - 1.12.8
Team B - Driver B - 1.13.2
Team A - Driver B - 1.13.8

So Team A Gets cars 3 and 4 while Team B gets 1(or 0) and 2

#46 A Wheel Nut

A Wheel Nut

• 4,739 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 03:25

So, how long till bidding ends?

#47 maxie

maxie

• 1,537 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 07:20

Originally posted by A Wheel Nut
So, how long till bidding ends?

Till all things have been sorted out, I suppose. It may take a long time.

#48 A Wheel Nut

A Wheel Nut

• 4,739 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 07:21

Bah! I meant till it closes for the first round! :p

#49 maxie

maxie

• 1,537 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 07:47

Well, at least we gotta wait for smithy to come back. ;)

#50 Rob Silver Speed

Rob Silver Speed

• 1,296 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 09:19

Read the schedule :p bidding closes tomorrow :up: