Project Gotham Racing 3 (XBox360)

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#1 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 23:50

http://www.xbox365.c...HGddPPi05141352

Some pictures, slick **** cover, anyone who knows me, PGR2 was game that owned me like no other game,I mastered that game. And PGR3 on the new console, another step up, I've seen pictures with people in the background on the streets, which should be refreshing, as streets are deserted in PGR games so far, and MSR on dreamcast before it, so looks like they'll have the ability to do that.

I think lambos will be in it, can't wait!!! And it's cool Forza is out now on xbox to keep me busy until that comes out, and I'm sure they'll do a sequel to Forza on xbox 360 at some point, and god knows how that will look on it!

There's a small mini mtv movie clips of PGR3, trying to get a link for it. It had a great in car view with steering wheel as well, a view we haven't seen before with the series.

Advertisement

#2 Ricardo F1

Ricardo F1

• 60,390 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 21:40

Will be playing it tomorrow morning . . . time prevailling . . ..

#3 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 10:17

Originally posted by Ricardo F1
Will be playing it tomorrow morning . . . time prevailling . . ..

:up:

#4 Ricardo F1

Ricardo F1

• 60,390 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 03:01

Well it wasn't on the show floor that I saw . . . . didn't get much time but certainly wasn't evident. I'll ask Martyn tomorrow. Need for Speed looked nice, as did Full Auto . . . but to be honest I don't know anyone who was blown away with the 360 demos. Then again as we're all working on dev. kits with 2 out of 3 processors functional, we've still got power awaiting us!!!

#5 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 17:33

http://www.bizarreon...omments=1&id=10

Remember; this isn't a full list (not even close!) of what's going to be wowing you in the final game! There are tonnes of things that I can't mention yet, like ***** and *****. Don't even get me started on *****! More details will become available in the coming weeks. Anyway, let's get started...

PGR3 is being developed by Bizarre Creations, based in the UK, the creators of the first two PGR games. The game will run on Microsoft's new Xbox 360 platform. If you haven't seen all the cool new features this console has, check out the official Xbox 360 web page. Wireless controllers, high-definition video, 5.1 sound, etc. etc. - the list goes on. The Xbox 360 is starting to look like this Christmas's number one purchase, so be sure to pick one up toward the end of this year. PGR3 is exclusive to the Xbox 360, so you won't be seeing this one on any other platforms!

If you've been following the PGR3 announcements, you'll have seen the screenshots that have been floating around the web. You may have guessed, or you may have not... but you're looking at New York, and Tokyo. Both of these cities make a welcome return in PGR3, but this time they've been completely remodelled in massive high-definition detail. From every neon sign, to every leaf on every tree, to every little crack and bump in the tarmac, you'll be able to race around these cities as they were meant to be raced.

We're really excited about the prospect of revisiting these two locations, allowing the team to really leverage the power of the Xbox 360. Of course we've got other racing locations as well... but that's for another time!

But what fun is a race in a city, without anyone to watch it? In a first for the Gotham franchise, PGR3 turns racing into a spectator sport. Proper track barriers, crowd stands, and race marshals all add to the experience. We're not talking about stiff 2-dimensional sprites at the side of the track either. We've got thousands of fully 3D modelled, motion-captured crowds which move realistically and react to your racing.

But why keep the fun of experiencing PGR3 to the crowd at the side of the road? In another first, PGR3 includes Gotham TV; a complete online television channel dedicated to the sport of Gotham racing. Log onto Xbox Live, and watch your friends burn rubber around New York as it happens. Better yet, tune in to the ticker tape news feed to catch the world's best racer's on Gotham TV, and be part of a worldwide audience witnessing PGR3 history in the making!

Ok, that's all for this time. Keep coming back to BizarreOnline.net for more details on PGR3 in the next few weeks. And don't forget to check out Microsoft's PGR3 website at www.projectgothamracing3.com.

#6 Ricardo F1

Ricardo F1

• 60,390 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 22:32

So I heard from Martyn that they didn't have time to do an E3 demo as the game is on such a tight schedule. Boo hiss.

#7 Ricardo F1

Ricardo F1

• 60,390 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 22:04

Sweet . . .

http://www.the-magic...me050623c.shtml

#8 Viktor

Viktor

• 3,412 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 22:55

Nice :up:
Anyone know what citys we can expect to have in this game?

/Viktor

#9 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 14:29

Originally posted by Viktor

/Viktor

New York AND TOKYO are making returns, originally in PGR1 AND MSR on dreamcast, tokyo has some lovely cornerS!!! plus new cities which not yet confirmed.

#10 JR

JR

• 3,312 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 11:44

Sod Tokyo. I want London and if possible Paris back.

I'm not sure about the whole idea of having people spectating the races from behind fencing. Not really street racing is it?

#11 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 19:11

Originally posted by JR
Sod Tokyo. I want London and if possible Paris back.

I'm not sure about the whole idea of having people spectating the races from behind fencing. Not really street racing is it?

Guess there not trying to promote it as street racing, more official type racing in cities I guess. Take the illegal theme away from it, I always thought it was weird anyway, the streets were deserted, zombie cities etc, good to see some people finally. Maybe some spectators could have cameras that film the race from certain angles you can watch on xbox live tv, and see Sean's ferrari coming past:D

#12 JR

JR

• 3,312 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 19:37

Originally posted by SeanValen
Take the illegal theme away from it, I always thought it was weird anyway, the streets were deserted, zombie cities etc, good to see some people finally.

Yeah but it'd work if the races were at times when there wern't many about like say 4am in the morning and so on...

Having fencing and spectators there now just seems a bit cliched.

#13 Ricardo F1

Ricardo F1

• 60,390 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 16:43

New Pics . . .

http://www.the-magic...me050818b.shtml

:love:

#14 JR

JR

• 3,312 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 23:39

Looks OK
Though my immediate concern at present is looking forward to Burnout Revenge!

#15 babbel

babbel

• 2,746 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 09:59

This probably belongs to a generic xbox 360 thread but oh well :)
In the most expensive version of the 360 there is a membership to xbox live but is that a subscription for a month or a year or?

The 360 games look amazing!

#16 Viktor

Viktor

• 3,412 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 10:34

Originally posted by babbel
This probably belongs to a generic xbox 360 thread but oh well :)
In the most expensive version of the 360 there is a membership to xbox live but is that a subscription for a month or a year or?

The 360 games look amazing!

You get a XBox Live Silver account with the more expencive XBox 360. The Silver account is free and lets you chat, download/buy extra content for you game etc, it will not let you play games online, to play game online you have to buy a XBox Live Gold account, the gold account is the same as a XBox live account today.

EDIT: Here you can find a list of what is included in the silver and gold package, http://www.gamesaref...php?newsid=4844

/Viktor

#17 babbel

babbel

• 2,746 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 11:32

but there are also 2 versions of the xbox and with the most expensive version you're supposed to get a xbox gold account, atleast what I've heard.

#18 Viktor

Viktor

• 3,412 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 11:43

All I have seen is that you get the silver account with the more expensive package, as far as I know is bundled with the XBox 360 Hard Drive.

/Viktor

#19 babbel

babbel

• 2,746 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 20:33

http://www.planetxbo...icle&article=83

according to that there is a 30 day gold trial subscription with both.

Advertisement

#20 Ricardo F1

Ricardo F1

• 60,390 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 21:24

Which might be hard ; depending on where Live stores its info. If you don't have a memory card or a hard drive it'll be useless either way!

#21 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 23:56

TRACK EDITOR FOLKS!!

READING THE NEW 360 mag, create your own tracks and post them on live!!! awesome.

I recommend getting the new 360 mag, out now, in UK anyway, brilliant PGR3 coverage in it, I can't wait for this!!

#22 Viktor

Viktor

• 3,412 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 10:57

/Viktor

Tracks and citys in the game are Tokyo, London, New York, Las Vegas, Nürburgring and a Test Track.

/Viktor

#23 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 23:47

Tracks and citys in the game are Tokyo, London, New York, Las Vegas, Nürburgring and a Test Track.

/Viktor

Sounds about right, and likely later maybe, downloadable content with cars and maybe another city or two.

#24 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 21:40

Hey in class E, my favorite car is back, and it's in white just like miami vice, my favorite color

The Ferrari Testarossa

Posted Image

#25 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 17:29

Confirmed over bizarre creations forums, you WILL BE ABLE TO SAVE YOUR ONLINE RACES!!!

Cool news, so many great races I've had on PGR2 I wish I could of saved, so this is excellent news.

#26 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 19:59

PGR 3 screenshots to die for:

http://media.xbox360...mg_3201795.html

look at the level of detail in the LOTUS

New Lambo
http://media.xbox360...mg_3201791.html

#27 GhostR

GhostR

• 3,783 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 22:33

Had a few runs on PGR3 today. There's a few hands-on 360's at the i26 gaming LAN (100's of gamers present). Not sure what to make of it, especially as I don't know how much they're showing. The cars are certainly beautiful works of art.

#28 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 03:02

CHECK THIS OUT:

QUOTE:
http://www.bizarreon...omments=1&id=35

On its own, Gotham TV is cool. Combined with the rest of the features we're planning... well, you're never going to want to leave your house! I've been given clearance to tell you about one such original feature - PGR 3 Online Tournaments!

Every month, we will run several tournaments over Xbox Live for PGR players who are in the PGR Live community. The tournaments themselves will take place in two parts... The idea is this:

The first two weeks of the month is the qualifying period. Race on the predefined track and car, and set the fastest lap you can muster. If you've played the weekly challenges in Project Gotham 2, you'll know what to expect here. Make sure you check the tournament leader board and see where you rank in the world.

Half way through the month, qualifying will close and the knockout phase will begin. For every tournament a set number of players with the best lap times will be split into groups (platinum, gold, silver etc.), and then organised into different seedings. Gotham TV will inform you if you've qualified, and tell you when your next race is scheduled to take place. You'll also get reminders when your race is about to start.

The knockout matches (12 player online races between seeded players), will take place at a regular scheduled times each week. The important rounds will be televised live on Gotham TV, and advertised around the world. If you're one of the winners, you get through to the next round. If you lose, you're knocked out. Simple as that.

We're not talking small tournaments for the top few players either. In the main tournaments, tens of thousands of players can qualify to the knockout stage each month. Thousands will make it through to the second round. Hundreds will get through to the third round. Eventually there will only be twelve left. There will also be a big mix of tournaments, ranging from events where tens of thousands can qualify, down to elite events where only the top 32 best qualifiers get through to the knockout stage.
The grand finals will be given prime time viewing on Gotham TV - you can support your favourite racer, or watch in the hope that your arch rival is taken down. There can be only one winner though, and that person will be known as the ultimate Gotham Hero. Who knows, there might be prizes on offer? :)

The nicest thing about all of these tournaments is that we can set up exactly what their contents are and how they are run. Do we want a cone challenge instead of a hot lap for qualification? Do we want 1,000 people to qualify, or 10,000? How many players can get through each knockout round? How many people are in each race? We can fine tune it all, so you always know you're getting the best gaming experience.

#29 McLarenFormula1

McLarenFormula1

• 159 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 17:06

Is there a car list available anywhere?

#30 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 00:53

Originally posted by McLarenFormula1
Is there a car list available anywhere?

http://vgstrategies....GR3CarsList.htm

#31 McLarenFormula1

McLarenFormula1

• 159 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 17:21

I'm only slightly disappointed there's nothing slow. Some of my best races in PGR2 were in lower classes.

Nevertheless, I may just purchase the 360.

#32 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 13:25

Originally posted by McLarenFormula1
I'm only slightly disappointed there's nothing slow. Some of my best races in PGR2 were in lower classes.

Nevertheless, I may just purchase the 360.

They made a decision to concentrate on cars reaching 170mph or higher.
Also by concentrating on 80 cars then their 111 for PGR2, they've paid attention to detail at a more stattegering rate, engine sounds, in car detail etc

The track route creator is awesome, it's said there's at least 111 totally different looking routes possibly to create, but ultimately over a thousand possible routes in general per city.

I didn't pre-order my 360, didn't expect it to be so busy, so lord help me next week trying to get one.

#33 FredF1

FredF1

• 2,284 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 09:11

They made a decision to concentrate on cars reaching 170mph or higher.
Also by concentrating on 80 cars then their 111 for PGR2, they've paid attention to detail at a more stattegering rate, engine sounds, in car detail etc

The track route creator is awesome, it's said there's at least 111 totally different looking routes possibly to create, but ultimately over a thousand possible routes in general per city.

I didn't pre-order my 360, didn't expect it to be so busy, so lord help me next week trying to get one.

I've decided to hold off for another 6 months or so.

I was reading an article last week that said most of the games being launched with the 360 aren't all that great. None of them challenge the hardware to any great degree so there won't be all that much difference between the newer and older consoles.
PGR3, being a bespoke MS game will be great but what else will there be? I know that 'Gun' and 'Call Of Duty 2' are being released on other platforms apart from the 360 and I don't care for the 'Beat Em Up' one or the 'Zelda-Alike' one.

Also, with my past experience of having worked in Microsoft - deadlines are way more important than quality control so I don't fancy paying out my hard-earned for one of the first off the production line. I'll wait for the 360.01 to be released. ;)

#34 Scorg

Scorg

• 2,693 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 03:31

Just had a look at that car list, looks like my Avatar is featured in the game :clap:
Bit of a suprise to finaly see the MG SVR featured

i'd agree over waiting for the second batch at least, if them dodgy PSU's the yanks have been getting are used on the euro consoles then its going to mean trouble!

I'll order mines after christmas anyway, queing to get my hands on a console isnt in my list of fun.

#35 MrBreaker

MrBreaker

• 269 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 11:43

I bought the game last week, and let me tell you guys, it's awesome. If you guys remember, I wasn't a big fan of PGR or PGR2 at all.....I just never liked the sim quality. This game on the otherhand, feels extremely good and the sim quality is great. Sounds are great, physics are great, and the graphics are great......if you have HDTV. I never did heavy research into the 360.....my friends usually tell me the scoop, but I didn't know that the graphics are mind blowing once it's on HDTV, and they neglected to tell me so since they probably knew that i would wait a while and leave them hanging on xboxlive.

I bought the system, brought it home and played on my good ol' tube T.V. Don't get me wrong, it looked great, but not mind blowing. Then over the thanksgiving holiday, I brought it over to my sister's house since she has HDTV. MAMA!!!! It looked absolutely incredible. The detail was awesome, the jaggies went away, the entire package looked fabulous. Then I went back home after the holidays and played on my T.V.......it just wasn't the same.

so what does this mean? it means that i have to somehow get an HDTV........I just dont know how.

#36 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 20:25

Originally posted by MrBreaker
I bought the game last week, and let me tell you guys, it's awesome. If you guys remember, I wasn't a big fan of PGR or PGR2 at all.....I just never liked the sim quality. This game on the otherhand, feels extremely good and the sim quality is great. Sounds are great, physics are great, and the graphics are great......if you have HDTV. I never did heavy research into the 360.....my friends usually tell me the scoop, but I didn't know that the graphics are mind blowing once it's on HDTV, and they neglected to tell me so since they probably knew that i would wait a while and leave them hanging on xboxlive.

I bought the system, brought it home and played on my good ol' tube T.V. Don't get me wrong, it looked great, but not mind blowing. Then over the thanksgiving holiday, I brought it over to my sister's house since she has HDTV. MAMA!!!! It looked absolutely incredible. The detail was awesome, the jaggies went away, the entire package looked fabulous. Then I went back home after the holidays and played on my T.V.......it just wasn't the same.

so what does this mean? it means that i have to somehow get an HDTV........I just dont know how.

Well eventually everyone will need a HDTV for future gaming, I'm a bit lucky I can try out my 360 WHEN I can find one to buy, as my brother's brought a HDTV monitor for his pc, so i will check out PGR3's graphics on that when I get it, but I do need my own HDTV.

#37 mart

mart

• 735 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 10:01

Nice game offline - online so far races have been abysmal but that's down to how other people drive...it's not dodgem racing FFS!!

TBH, tracks are probably too narrow for most people...online should be limited to the wider sections (or at least ability graded in quick match).

Few niggly loose ends...cars just stop as soon as they cross the finish line, ending in a pile up - it's no hassle to have the AI take over as each player finishes so why didn't they do it?

Music player - I've turned music off so why does it keep telling me which track is coming up - again, not hard to sort out.

The world rankings takes after the developer name...Bizarre!
...and as they are just around the corner from here, I know they speak the same language as we do here so there's no excuse for being ranked 111st, 112nd or 113rd!!

Having had my moan, 3 minor annoying things ain't bad and I'm sure the online racing will get better when more players arrive on the scene...offline game has kept me amused for the past 3 nights anyway (only drawn away by CoD2 which is truly stunning).

#38 JDeRosa

JDeRosa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 23:25

Originally posted by mart
I know they speak the same language as we do here so there's no excuse for being ranked 111st, 112nd or 113rd!!

:lol: Thas is very funny!!! I can't wait till xmas day.... woooooooooooo hooooooooooo

#39 Alucard

Alucard

• 26 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 19:52

Well, after having mine for a week before I broke I can honesty say that this was one of my favourites but I would agree that you do get some dicks who want to play dogems or rather crashem.

When you get a good room full of people the races are really good and without lag as far as I have noticed.

Gotham TV is a nice feature and when you are featured it certainly adds to the pressure of winning. Luckily I won my race in London against some French guys that were there but it was good spirited and really friendly.

I would definately recommend if you can get hold of a 360.

I however need to wait for my replacement :cry:

Advertisement

#40 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 20:45

SOrry to hear about the broke issue.

I can't even buy a 360 until stock gets in, might be in new year most likely.

#41 Alucard

Alucard

• 26 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 21:14

Thanks.

It sucks that there are no where near enough to go round. We will have to try and setup some tournaments when we all get one (well those of us who want one). Should get some good fun out of this one. :)

#42 mart

mart

• 735 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 09:39

I got one from HMV (Speke/Liverpool) on Saturday Sean...wasn't even looking for one yet - just walked in looking for a dvd to watch that evening and there was a pile of them sat behind the counter and the temptation was too much - only a core system, but by exploiting the guys in Game who owe me many favours, I should have it up to spec for around the same cost as the full monty.

#43 FredF1

FredF1

• 2,284 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 10:04

Apart the initial rush to buy a fortnight ago - there's plenty of consoles in the stores here in Ireland. Although none of the stores have a demonstration booth as "They got lost somewhere".

However, the 'Special Offers' are a blatant rip-off. The lower-spec console with two games is being priced at €600! Apart from PGR3 and Call of Duty II - there's nothing else worth bothering with as far as I'm concerned.

Having heard too many compliants about over heating, scratched discs and dud CPUs - I'm holding off until later next year.

I invested in a brand new pc instead - now I have 4 years of computer gaming to catch up on to keep me amused over the holidays.

#44 Alucard

Alucard

• 26 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 00:31

Most of the issues with games scratching are due to idoits who move the console from laying flat to upright (or visa versa) with games in the disc tray and also usually with the machine on and the disc spinning. :confused:

You think people would have the common sense to eject the disc at least.

#45 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 05:42

I got one from HMV (Speke/Liverpool) on Saturday Sean...wasn't even looking for one yet - just walked in looking for a dvd to watch that evening and there was a pile of them sat behind the counter and the temptation was too much - only a core system, but by exploiting the guys in Game who owe me many favours, I should have it up to spec for around the same cost as the full monty.

I had a chance to get one from Croydon, but it was a long track in the morning, and it was a overpriced bundle with 3 games, I don't want 3 games, just PGR3 for now, difference between paying 360 pounds and 279.99 pounds, hell if I use my clubcard vouchers if tescos has some, I'll be getting the premium pack for 269.99.

#46 FredF1

FredF1

• 2,284 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 12:01

Originally posted by Alucard
Most of the issues with games scratching are due to idoits who move the console from laying flat to upright (or visa versa) with games in the disc tray and also usually with the machine on and the disc spinning. :confused:

You think people would have the common sense to eject the disc at least.

:eek:

That's just stupid.

Then again, I had to return two pre-owned XBox games this year as the surfaces were like an ice rink and were unplayable.

#47 mart

mart

• 735 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 13:42

Originally posted by FredF1

:eek:

That's just stupid.

Then again, I had to return two pre-owned XBox games this year as the surfaces were like an ice rink and were unplayable.

That's more likely down to how the user looked after their discs - regardless, any player (DVD or CD) has the potential to **** up & scratch discs...hardly an xbox problem in itself.

#48 FredF1

FredF1

• 2,284 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 10:17

That's more likely down to how the user looked after their discs - regardless, any player (DVD or CD) has the potential to **** up & scratch discs...hardly an xbox problem in itself.

Sorry, I should have been more precise.

I meant to state that I knew it was down to the user being an idiot.

I was just stunned that the scratching issues on the 360s are due to people turning the console from upright to flat while it was running with a disc in the drawer. :eek:

#49 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 12:11

Originally posted by FredF1

Sorry, I should have been more precise.

I meant to state that I knew it was down to the user being an idiot.

I was just stunned that the scratching issues on the 360s are due to people turning the console from upright to flat while it was running with a disc in the drawer. :eek:

And these people get to buy the thing and treat it like that.!!!

#50 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 01:19

Fingers crossed, shipment of 360s coming today or tomorrow, and my name is on there if it's there, could I have a 360 in time for christmas!!!it's looking likely!!!come on!!!

:smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :up: :up: :up: :up: