Photo

Hans Tak

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 ERault

ERault

• 336 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 13:39

Several times I came across dutch driver Hans Tak name, always with interesting machinery, but without learning any precision or background details. Maybe someone can shed some light on him and his cars ? Here is what I got so far :

First appearance I have for him is the 1955 Coppa delle Dolomiti, with a 300 SL. He used the Benz again, for exemple for the 1956 Giro delle Calabria. In the meantime, he shared a 150 S Maserati, entered by Beels Racing, with van Zalinge at the 1956 Nurburgring 1000 km. Apparently, the same Maser was raced at the sportscar event preceding the 1956 German GP.
Lastly, Martin's WSRP website has him at Zandvoort on june 1957 with a Monza Ferrari.

For a french guy like me, very little is known about the dutch racing scene before the "explosion" in the 60s. That race at Zandvoort shows that some wonderful cars where in dutch hand by 1957 : Hans Davids (the very same who raced a C Type Jag in the Spa 1954 thread) had a DB3S Aston, a young Slotemaker had a C Type (apparently not Davids'one), de Beaufort and Mathieu Hezemans (Toine's father I assume) had Porsche Spyders...

I would love to know more about the 1950s dutch sportscar racing scene. Over to you...

Advertisement

#2 Hubert Baradat

Hubert Baradat

• 72 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 13:51

Hans Tak drove a 220 SE Mercedes at the Monte-Carlo rally in 1960. With his co-driver Swaab, they finished 5th OA.

#3 ERault

ERault

• 336 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 14:01

Thanks Hubert. Was this a works car, like the three 220 SE podium finish cars were ?

#4 Hubert Baradat

Hubert Baradat

• 72 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 14:25

I don't think Taks' car was a works car. Because the registration plates of his car (nr 126) are not the usual square ones with Stuttgart registration but the oval plates used in Germany for export cars. And the official Mercedes' pictures only shot the 3 first cars with drivers and codrivers.
Anyway his car looks prepared like a works car with the same position of the front lights, but it wears clubs'metal badges on the front grille ! Works cars could not wear this kind of decoration !!
Daimler Archiv does not mention Tak as one of the team drivers.

#5 ERault

ERault

• 336 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 14:37

Thanks again. Maybe he had some connection with the dutch importer ? Do you have anything on the 300 SL he raced in 1955 and 1956 ?

#6 Hubert Baradat

Hubert Baradat

• 72 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 14:41

No, nothing else at the moment ...
But when finding out something about Hans Tak and Mercedes, I would write here.

#7 coco

coco

• 166 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 15:04

Originally posted by ERault
Several times I came across dutch driver Hans Tak name, always with interesting machinery, but without learning any precision or background details. Maybe someone can shed some light on him and his cars ? Here is what I got so far :

First appearance I have for him is the 1955 Coppa delle Dolomiti, with a 300 SL. He used the Benz again, for exemple for the 1956 Giro delle Calabria. In the meantime, he shared a 150 S Maserati, entered by Beels Racing, with van Zalinge at the 1956 Nurburgring 1000 km. Apparently, the same Maser was raced at the sportscar event preceding the 1956 German GP.

The 150S was most likely #1660, the car Georges Berger from Belgium had purchased from the factory. This car was later re-numbered (#2411) and upgraded to 250S-specs and sold to the US. Today its with Marc Davies from Belgium. Ciao!
Walter

#8 Tomas Karlsson

Tomas Karlsson

• 681 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 15:32

I suppose it was Hans Tak (he was called W. Tack in the progam) who raced a Ferrari 250 Monza to second place behind Bonnier's Alfa Romeo at Skarpnäck, Stockholm in september 1955.

#9 ERault

ERault

• 336 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 15:51

Ferrari 250 Monza were very few (3 if I remember correctly), so this one might be "trackable". About the 150S, according to the following chronology, Beels Racing could only have used Berger's car 1) if Berger had another for himself after he sold the first one or 2) if it was only borrowed by Beels when Berger was not using it :

April 29, Mille Miglia, Berger
May 20, Chimay, Berger
May 27, Nurburgring 1000 km, van Zalinge / Tak – Beels Racing
June 10, Montlhery, Berger / Michel (Michel's car ?)
July 1, Reims, Berger / Michel (Michel's car ?)
July 8, Rouen, Berger
Aug 5, Nurburgring, Tak – Beels Racing

May 5, Helsinski, Beels – Beels Racing
May 12, Mille Miglia, Berger
May 27, Nurburgring 1000 km, Berger / Otten

What do you think ?

PS : Coco, planning to write a 150 / 200S book after the 300S one ? That would for sure fill a gap !

#10 coco

coco

• 166 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 17:44

Ferrari 250 Monza were very few (3 if I remember correctly), so this one might be "trackable". About the 150S, according to the following chronology, Beels Racing could only have used Berger's car 1) if Berger had another for himself after he sold the first one or 2) if it was only borrowed by Beels when Berger was not using it :

May 20, Chimay, Berger
July 8, Rouen, Berger

What do you think ?

PS : Coco, planning to write a 150 / 200S book after the 300S one ? That would for sure fill a gap !

Beels had Berger`s 150S as a "rent-a-ride" car!

Ciao!
Walter

#11 coco

coco

• 166 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 17:48

May 20, Chimay, Berger
July 8, Rouen, Berger

What do you think ?

This is the complete list of races for that car:

29. April 1956 Mille Miglia Berger//Foiret (no.422), 146. OA
20. May 1956 GP Frontieres Berger (no.30), ret.
10. June 1956 1000 Km Paris -unconfirmed- Berger/Guy (no.49), DNF
29. June 1956 12 Hrs Rheims Berger (no.36), DNF
08. July 1956 GP Rouen Berger (no.??), no result
29. July 1956 24 Hrs Le Mans Bourillot/Perroud (no.30) 9.OA
05. Aug. 1956 Rheinland/Nürburgring Gerger (no.38), no result
30. Sept. 1956 Coppa „Shell“/Imola Berger (no.??), 9.OA
12. May 1957 Mille Miglia Berger/Foiret (no.348), 79. OA
26. May 1957 1000 km Nürburgring Berger (no.28), DNF
25. Aug. 1957 GP du RACB (Spa) Berger/ Otten (no. 23) DNF –crash-

Ciao!
Walter

#12 Allan Lupton

Allan Lupton

• 4,052 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 17:53

There was a classic Castrol film of the Alpine Rally where, about half-way through, we were shown the road running with liquid - which turned out to be the petrol from the ruptured tank of Tak's 300SL

I thought I remembered W Tak, not H (or J presumably) - where there two Taks?

#13 Tomas Karlsson

Tomas Karlsson

• 681 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:32

Ferrari 250 Monza were very few (3 if I remember correctly), so this one might be "trackable".

The Tak (Hans / W?) car at Skarpnäck was probably chassi no. 0420.

Lex Beels raced a Maserati 150S at Djurgårdsloppet, Helsinki May 12th 1957, but retired.

#14 tombe

tombe

• 118 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 16:19

Originally posted by Allan Lupton
There was a classic Castrol film of the Alpine Rally where, about half-way through, we were shown the road running with liquid - which turned out to be the petrol from the ruptured tank of Tak's 300SL

I thought I remembered W Tak, not H (or J presumably) - where there two Taks?

In my ongoing (and maybe never ending) research of Europeean rallying of the fifties, I came across both names, but very soon found that they were the same guy. Early in the fifties he's usually given as Willem J.Tak, in the late fifties/early sixties (until his death in 61 or 62) as Hans. My guess is that his middle name was Johannes, shortened to Hans among friends.

#15 coco

coco

• 166 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 17:06

Originally posted by Tomas Karlsson

The Tak (Hans / W?) car at Skarpnäck was probably chassi no. 0420.

Lex Beels raced a Maserati 150S at Djurgårdsloppet, Helsinki May 12th 1957, but retired.

But that was a different car! The Maserati-entries with Lex Beels are rather mysterious as he never owned such car! The other "Mystery Man" with those small Maseratis was a Walter Monaco, a chap who -according of Sterling Moss- was "...always there and everywhere!"

Ciao!
Walter

#16 terry mcgrath

terry mcgrath

• 650 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 23:08

dutch jaguars

I would certainly love to find out more about jaguars racing in holland particularly the 2 mentioned below and also any alloy XK120's and also anything about jaguar SS100's of which a couple ran there prewar.
Holland has always had strong SS and jaguar connections to the extent they printed a dutch language SS sales brochure by about 1931/32 probably the only foreign language brochure done prewar
terry mcgrath
www.paulskilleter.com

Hans Davids (the very same who raced a C Type Jag in the Spa 1954 thread) had a DB3S Aston, a young Slotemaker had a C Type (apparently not Davids'one), de Beaufort and Mathieu Hezemans (Toine's father I assume) had Porsche Spyders...

#17 Tomas Karlsson

Tomas Karlsson

• 681 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:31

But that was a different car! The Maserati-entries with Lex Beels are rather mysterious as he never owned such car!

Of course, the Berger car was at Mille Miglia.

Beels raced a 150S at Djurgårdsloppet 1956 too. He crashed in practice, but was able to start in the race, only to retire.
Posted Image

#18 coco

coco

• 166 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:18

Of course, the Berger car was at Mille Miglia.

Beels raced a 150S at Djurgårdsloppet 1956 too. He crashed in practice, but was able to start in the race, only to retire.
Posted Image

Thomas,
do you have the date and entry-list of that race?

Ciao!
Walter

#19 Tomas Karlsson

Tomas Karlsson

• 681 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:42

Of course, it was May 11th 1956.

Beels drove in the Special-sport class under 2 litre.
21 Eric Brandon GB Halseylec-Climax
22 Robert Nelleman DK Cooper-Climax
23 André Loëns F Maserati A6GCS
24 Petter von Tangen N Veritas
25 Nikolai Kozarowitsky FIN Lotus 11 LM
26 Heikki Sorri FIN BMW
27 Lex Beels NL Maserati 150S
28 Arthur Owen GB Cooper-Climax

The class started behind the class over 2 litres. Kozarowitsky, von Tangen and Sorri did not start. Beels started last and retired after only three laps. Nelleman retired after 14 laps.
Results: 1 Brandon, 2 Owen, 3 Loens.

The Maserati-entries with Lex Beels are rather mysterious as he never owned such car!

According to a Finnish newspaper in 1956: " Beels is going to drive his new 150S, directly arrived from Modena."

Advertisement

#20 coco

coco

• 166 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 11:12

Of course, it was May 11th 1956.

Beels drove in the Special-sport class under 2 litre.
21 Eric Brandon GB Halseylec-Climax
22 Robert Nelleman DK Cooper-Climax
23 André Loëns F Maserati A6GCS
24 Petter von Tangen N Veritas
25 Nikolai Kozarowitsky FIN Lotus 11 LM
26 Heikki Sorri FIN BMW
27 Lex Beels NL Maserati 150S
28 Arthur Owen GB Cooper-Climax

The class started behind the class over 2 litres. Kozarowitsky, von Tangen and Sorri did not start. Beels started last and retired after only three laps. Nelleman retired after 14 laps.
Results: 1 Brandon, 2 Owen, 3 Loens.

According to a Finnish newspaper in 1956: " Beels is going to drive his new 150S, directly arrived from Modena."

Thanks Tomas!

Don`t trust period magazines about ownership of such cars. The Factory-archive contains no sale of ANY car to Lex Beels. It must have been a rent-a-ride either from a Factory or the car came from a private person.

Ciao!
Walter

#21 coco

coco

• 166 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 11:22

Originally posted by coco

Thanks Tomas!

Don`t trust period magazines about ownership of such cars. The Factory-archive contains no sale of ANY car to Lex Beels. It must have been a rent-a-ride either from a Factory or the car came from a private person.

Ciao!
Walter

I assume it was #1665 the car owned by Jo Bonnier!
Bonnier had it on 5. May 1956 in Silverstone. I believe that the car went upon that race to Beels who crashed it in FIN on 11. May in practice and later retired. The car went back to Italy, was repaired and was driven by Bonnier in the Supercortemaggiore race on 24. June. 1956. After Bonnier crashed the car on 5. August 1956 on the Nuerburgring, a new body came on it with all other technical 200S-specifications. Its most likely also that the car was re-numbered after that modification.

Ciao!
Walter

#22 Tomas Karlsson

Tomas Karlsson

• 681 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 11:55

I don't agree. Bonnier's Maserati was painted black and yellow at Oulton Park in April and had the same livery at the Supercortemaggiore in June, while Beels had a red car.
And Bonnier's car didn't get the new body (and 2-litre engine) until after the season. He raced it in the old configuration both at Pescara in August and in Rome in October.

#23 coco

coco

• 166 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:19

I don't agree. Bonnier's Maserati was painted black and yellow at Oulton Park in April and had the same livery at the Supercortemaggiore in June, while Beels had a red car.
And Bonnier's car didn't get the new body (and 2-litre engine) until after the season. He raced it in the old configuration both at Pescara in August and in Rome in October.

Don`t agree with your last points. Definitely he did NOT race it in Rome and Pescara in the old livery (I have photos from the LAT-archive confirming! From the Pescara race I have a photo that shows that Maserati did some experiments with the rear end as it is a little "Kamm-tail")! In Rome the car was painted in red livery (Source: ACTUALPHOTO) and in the new configuration but now with the standart round rear end of the 200S`s!

Yep, after going thru my archive I found a pic of the black car (or was it very dark-red?) in Oulton Park (race-no.16 and a yellow stripe around the radiator opening). But this was NOT a 150S! I don`t know the s/n of this "black-cat" but it clearly was a 200S and not the 150S #1665, Bonnier owned. Therefor I believe he drove a different car in Oulton Park and he drove his own 150S #1665 in Silverstone that year. His car in Imola was a typicall 200S with race-no. 24 and in red color.

Please keep in mind that Bonnier was a "semi-works-driver" and had very close connection to the Factory. He switched cars a lot beside his own 150S.

Ciao!
Walter

#24 Tomas Karlsson

Tomas Karlsson

• 681 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 13:19

No he did not race in the old livery at Pescara and Rome. the car was repainted in blue and yellow after Monza. I don't know about the rear of the car in Pescara, but the front hasn't changed in my picture.

What race number did he have at Rome? I have a picture from the Rome 1500cc-grid with Bonnier in his blue and yellow 150S with race number 60.
He participated in the 2-litre race too, with a Centro-Sud Maserati (yet unknown to me).

He didn't race his own car at Imola, where he borrowed a factory car . Are you sure it was red? According to himself the factory repainted it and on the picture I have, the bonnet seems to in a lighter colour.

I have pictures of his black and yellow (or gold) car in England and at Monza.

Bonnier was a privat entrant in 1956, with a Swedish mechanic and his own home-built transporter. But during the season he was recognized by the factory and got a contract for -57.

#25 coco

coco

• 166 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 14:03

No he did not race in the old livery at Pescara and Rome. the car was repainted in blue and yellow after Monza. I don't know about the rear of the car in Pescara, but the front hasn't changed in my picture.

What race number did he have at Rome? I have a picture from the Rome 1500cc-grid with Bonnier in his blue and yellow 150S with race number 60.
He participated in the 2-litre race too, with a Centro-Sud Maserati (yet unknown to me).

He didn't race his own car at Imola, where he borrowed a factory car . Are you sure it was red? According to himself the factory repainted it and on the picture I have, the bonnet seems to in a lighter colour.

I have pictures of his black and yellow (or gold) car in England and at Monza.

Bonnier was a privat entrant in 1956, with a Swedish mechanic and his own home-built transporter. But during the season he was recognized by the factory and got a contract for -57.

Tomas,
Bonnier`s races with Maserati 150S/200S are quite confusing.

I have a photo in my archive that shows #1665 with its early body at the `Ring and later with the -almost!- same blue-yellow color in Imola but now with the new body. Both photos in Imola (I have 2) where taken by Jenkinson - and all those 3 photos are from 1956!

It is quite certain that he drove beside his own car also Factory cars. Can you send me those photos from your collection you mentioned:

wbaeumer1photo@aol.com

I`ll send you the pics I have then. Thanks.

Ciao!
Walter

#26 Henk Vasmel

Henk Vasmel

• 782 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 21:41

Originally posted by terry mcgrath
dutch jaguars

I would certainly love to find out more about jaguars racing in holland particularly the 2 mentioned below and also any alloy XK120's and also anything about jaguar SS100's of which a couple ran there prewar.
Holland has always had strong SS and jaguar connections to the extent they printed a dutch language SS sales brochure by about 1931/32 probably the only foreign language brochure done prewar
terry mcgrath
www.paulskilleter.com

Hans Davids (the very same who raced a C Type Jag in the Spa 1954 thread) had a DB3S Aston, a young Slotemaker had a C Type (apparently not Davids'one), de Beaufort and Mathieu Hezemans (Toine's father I assume) had Porsche Spyders...

In my database, there are a few Dutch drivers, in well known racing cars, of which details are known. I have made a selection on a few Zandvoort races in the 50’s, and selected only those cars that look to be interesting. Most others are unidentified Porsches etc.

7 June 1953
Eddy Hertzberger Aston Martin DB2
Hans Koster Maserati A6GCS – 2039
Hans Maasland Cotura (Dutch 328 spl., Co van der Tuyn Racing)
J. Van der Klooster BMW328
Dries van der Lof Kieft-MG (The Monkey Stable)

18 May 1954 2 Liter
Klaas Barendrecht Veritas (My own ID: Possibly 50-“17â€)
Maurice Gatsonides Triumph TR2
Herman Roosdorp Ferrari 500 Mondial – 0434MD
Henk van Zalinge Ferrari 500 Mondial

18 May 1954 – Big cars
Joke Maasland Ferrari 250 Monza – 0420M ?
J. Martens Aston Martin DB3
J. Bos Eyssen Ferrari 225S – 0170ET [NX-14-07]
Hans van Dieten Jaguar C-Type – XKC019 [PP-90-78]
R.E.L.M. Tielens Jaguar C-Type – XKC043 [??-61-57]
Hans Davids Jaguar C-Type – XKC052 (Ecurie Ecosse) [LFS672]
Unknown Jaguar C-Type – XKC006 (Hans Davids Entry) [JWS353]

September 1956
Hans Davids Aston Martin DB3S – 118
Rob Slotemaker Jaguar C-Type
Hans Tak Mercedes-Benz 300SL

9 June 1957
Hans Davids Aston Martin DB3S – 118
Mathieu Hezemans Porsche 550 RS (Indeed the father of Toine)
Carel Godin de Beaufort Porsche 550 RS
Rob Slotemaker Jaguar C-Type
Hans Tak Ferrari 750 Monza

Data collected from several books, some magazines and the Internet. No guarantee that it is correct, but full guarantee that it is incomplete.
Who can add to this?

Regards,

Henk Vasmel

#27 ERault

ERault

• 336 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 17:55

I haven't much to add, I'm afraid, except for some comments and questions :

1) First of all, I think the 1954 Zandvoort race was held on August 15, not in May.

2) Was this dutch Koster guy the same one that raced an A6GCS Maserati in SCCA meetings in the US ?

3) I am wondering too about Slotemaker's C Type Jaguar. On the 3 that were sold in Holland, we can eliminate Davids' XKC 006, which was according to Andrew White in Shrewsbury by this time (do not know where this is, sounds like Monty Pythons land to my hears, but certainly is not in Holland).
Both XKC 019 and XKC 043 were apparently still in Holland by 1956, so Slotemaker was certainly using one of these.

4) Lastly, it seems from what we have on this thread that Zandvoort was the only dutch track in Holland in the 50s. Is that so ?

#28 Hugo Boecker

Hugo Boecker

• 702 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 18:08

There were two big races at Zandvoort 1954.
The planned GP on June 6th was cancelled as Mercedes and Lancia whitdrew. Instead a one-hour sportcar race was held on June 7th.
The other big sportcar race was held at Aug. 15th 1954 Both races were held for all classes

so this would fit better:
07 June 2 Liter
Klaas Barendrecht Veritas (My own ID: Possibly 50-“17â€)
Maurice Gatsonides Triumph TR2
Herman Roosdorp Ferrari 500 Mondial – 0434MD
Henk van Zalinge Ferrari 500 Mondial

15 August 1954 – Big cars
Joke Maasland Ferrari 250 Monza – 0420M ?
J. Martens Aston Martin DB3
J. Bos Eyssen Ferrari 225S – 0170ET [NX-14-07]
Hans van Dieten Jaguar C-Type – XKC019 [PP-90-78]
R.E.L.M. Tielens Jaguar C-Type – XKC043 [??-61-57]
Hans Davids Jaguar C-Type – XKC052 (Ecurie Ecosse) [LFS672]
Unknown Jaguar C-Type – XKC006 (Hans Davids Entry) [JWS353]

W.Dua - Veritas and K.Barendrecht Veritas started in August as well.

#29 coco

coco

• 166 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 19:44

I haven't much to add, I'm afraid, except for some comments and questions :

2) Was this dutch Koster guy the same one that raced an A6GCS Maserati in SCCA meetings in the US ?

Yes! A6GCS #2039, later sold to Karl Ludvigsen, then to someone in Florida. 5 years ago it was purchased by Jos Koster, nephew of "this dutch Koster-guy" (who had an impressive race career in the US) and imported to NL.

Ciao!
Walter

#30 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 20:44

Fritz Koster returned the A6GCS to the factory for a rebuild in 1954, and ran it at Zandvoort on his way home. His seven-year-old nephew was allowed to sit in it - and bought it 50 years later :up:

#31 jatak

jatak

• 10 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 19:51

Searching for more info about my father Hans Tak.
He was owner of the Ferrari and drived most of the time on the circuit of Zantvoort.
He made also a trip to Portugal for a race and by boot to Bari Italy.
I have orginal foto's of the car in action.

He drived the Maseratie-Beels Racing. I can remember that he don't like the car. Very difficult to handle and not reliable.
More he likes to drive rally!
From 1955 till 1958 in a 300SL. Engine and aluminium body prepared by the factory in Stuttgart.
He was a very good rallyedriver. From 1955 till 1961 he drived the Rallye Monte Carlo, Tulpenrally, Coup des Alpes and many other.
I have orginal fotos.

Waiting for reply.

J.Tak

#32 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 19:52

Try putting the name in "search BB" jatak
I think his name has come up before
And good luck

#33 jatak

jatak

• 10 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 19:54

thanks. :up:

#34 jatak

jatak

• 10 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 20:19

Searching for more info about my father Hans Tak.
He was owner of the Ferrari and drived most of the time on the circuit of Zantvoort.
He made also a trip to Portugal for a race and by boot to Bari Italy.
I have orginal foto's of the car in action.

He drived the Maseratie-Beels Racing. I can remember that he don't like the car. Very difficult to handle and not reliable.
More he likes to drive rally!
From 1955 till 1958 in a 300SL. Engine and aluminium body prepared by the factory in Stuttgart.
He was a very good rallyedriver. From 1955 till 1961 he drived the Rallye Monte Carlo, Tulpenrally, Coup des Alpes and many other.
I have orginal fotos.

Waiting for reply.

J.Tak

#35 Arjan de Roos

Arjan de Roos

• 2,584 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:36

One picture of racing in Holland during the fifties. I scanned this from a schoolboy book called "Autoracen en Rally-rijden" from Duwaer and Sons publicer, Amsterdam (no copyrights stated).

Its Hans Davids in his Aston Martin DB3S chasing a young Carel-Godin de Beaufort in his Porsche Spyder. This was June 1957, Whitsun Races.
They loop through the Hugenholzbocht which most of you will recognize from many other pics.

Posted Image

#36 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:25

Originally posted by Arjan de Roos
I scanned this from a schoolboy book called "Autoracen en Rally-rijden" from Duwaer and Sons publicer, Amsterdam (no copyrights stated).

Copyright, in the absence of any statement to the contrary, no doubt rests with Duwaer and Sons

#37 Arjan de Roos

Arjan de Roos

• 2,584 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 12:24

Originally posted by David McKinney

Copyright, in the absence of any statement to the contrary, no doubt rests with Duwaer and Sons

I see, my apologies, however after checking I saw last edition by them was around 1970 and no company called Duwaer exists in Holland anymore. In booklet I found no copyright or publicatierechten stated. Copyright must be with those who bought Duwaer?

#38 Arjan de Roos

Arjan de Roos

• 2,584 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 12:25

This is what I have on Hans Tak:

May 22nd 1955: Circuit de Dieppe in a Mercedes 300SL. 2nd in the second qualifying heat.

May 29th, 1955 Zandvoort, winner on Ferrari

Coppa d'Oro delle Dolomiti on the 10th of july 1955. 8th overall and third in class (over 2 liters) with the Mercedes 300SL. Overall and 2+ class was won by Olivier Gendebien. Also in top 8 were Eugenio Castalloti and Umberto Maglioli!

Lisbon Grand Prix on the Monsanto track. July 24th with a Ferrari 3 liters (750 Monza?, this a 3.0 litre 4 in line). Will have a look in more Ferrari literature soon.
10th with 2 laps behind winner Masten Gregory (USA) in a Ferrari 750 Monza.

August 7th wins at Zandvoort in a Ferrari again.

A year later he participates in the 1000 km of the Nürburgring. With Henk van Zalinge in a Maserati 150S entered by Lex Beels (Beels Racing). Disqualified on outside assistance.

Also in 1956 Nationale races Zandvoort another win on the Mercedes 300SL.

On to 1960 : 9th in the Geneva Rally with Rob Gorris and 5th in the Monte Carlo Rally with Swaab (Mercedes 220SE).

#39 Manel Baró

Manel Baró

• 134 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 15:58

Originally posted by coco

The 150S was most likely #1660, the car Georges Berger from Belgium had purchased from the factory. This car was later re-numbered (#2411) and upgraded to 250S-specs and sold to the US. Today its with Marc Davies from Belgium. Ciao!
Walter

Hi Walter,
Have just sent a PM to you
Best
Manel

Advertisement

#40 coco

coco

• 166 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 22:07

Originally posted by Manel Baró

Hi Walter,
Have just sent a PM to you
Best
Manel

Manel, didn`t get it so far! Please send again: wbaeumer1photo@aol.com

Many thanks!

Ciao!
walter

#41 Manel Baró

Manel Baró

• 134 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:54

OK, I did!

#42 brickyard

brickyard

• 612 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 19:22

This is what I have on Hans Tak:

May 22nd 1955: Circuit de Dieppe in a Mercedes 300SL. 2nd in the second qualifying heat.

May 29th, 1955 Zandvoort, winner on Ferrari

Coppa d'Oro delle Dolomiti on the 10th of july 1955. 8th overall and third in class (over 2 liters) with the Mercedes 300SL. Overall and 2+ class was won by Olivier Gendebien. Also in top 8 were Eugenio Castalloti and Umberto Maglioli!

Lisbon Grand Prix on the Monsanto track. July 24th with a Ferrari 3 liters (750 Monza?, this a 3.0 litre 4 in line). Will have a look in more Ferrari literature soon.
10th with 2 laps behind winner Masten Gregory (USA) in a Ferrari 750 Monza.

August 7th wins at Zandvoort in a Ferrari again.

A year later he participates in the 1000 km of the Nürburgring. With Henk van Zalinge in a Maserati 150S entered by Lex Beels (Beels Racing). Disqualified on outside assistance.

Also in 1956 Nationale races Zandvoort another win on the Mercedes 300SL.

On to 1960 : 9th in the Geneva Rally with Rob Gorris and 5th in the Monte Carlo Rally with Swaab (Mercedes 220SE).

Hello,

Tak finished in 9th position at the GP, not in 10th (his Ferrari have the #10).

I'm trying to find out what was the Ferrari he used on that race. If it was a 750 Monza what chassis it would be???

Thanks!

Best regards
Luis

#43 Arjan de Roos

Arjan de Roos

• 2,584 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 20:47

Luis,

You are quite right: 9th.

I couldn't identify his car, but I suspect the 750 Monza 0518M of Swaters, this is only a guess.

I did find another site on Ferraris in Portugal with some early racings pics:
http://sportscarport....pt/sumario.htm

#44 brickyard

brickyard

• 612 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 20:54

Luis,

You are quite right: 9th.

I couldn't identify his car, but I suspect the 750 Monza 0518M of Swaters, this is only a guess.

I did find another site on Ferraris in Portugal with some early racings pics:
http://sportscarport....pt/sumario.htm

Hello Arjan,

Yes I know that site, but there's no clue of wich car it would be. I'll try to dig some more infos on the Swaters car, maybe we get some luck.

#45 brickyard

brickyard

• 612 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 21:11

Hello Jatak,

Can you tell us what was the Ferrari your father drove at Portugal in 1955? Can you post a photo here?

I can tell you that your father drove it to the 9th place in the race, and the car had the #10 on it.

Regards
Luis

#46 Jean L

Jean L

• 274 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 22:26

26-6-55 Grande Premio de Portugal
#10 Ferrari 750M Casimiro de Oliveira ,accident

24-7-55 Grande Premio de Lisboa
#10 Maserati Hans Tak 9e

#47 Arjan de Roos

Arjan de Roos

• 2,584 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 08:26

This must be Hans Tak in his 300SL followed by a young Rob Slotemaker in the Jag. Zandvoort 1956?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#48 jatak

jatak

• 10 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 10:37

Dear sportfriends,

Herewith some pictures of the Ferrari.
Is this car still alive!

waiting for reply,

Johan Tak

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#49 Arjan de Roos

Arjan de Roos

• 2,584 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:29

Aha, thank you Johan,

Now I had been looking for a Ferrari 750 Monza as the car your father drove. However this is a Ferrari 500 Mondial Pinifarina Spyder.

In the second picture (Lisbon GP 1955) you can see some of the Monza's in the background. In the last picture I think we see your father being chased by Hans Davids in the Jaguar and Herman Roosdorp or Dries van der Lof or Maasland in another 500 Mondial (this must be chassis 0434 MD, now residing in the US).

This is a list I made of all Mondial and their 1954-1956 owners.

Posted Image

#50 Jean L

Jean L

• 274 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 13:41

Great photos,
for me it is 250 Monza Pininfarina sn 0420 M(D) (maybe later restamped 0466M ? )
for the story of the car,i have that:
6/6/54 12 H d'Hyères #6 Trintignant / Piotti 1st
15/8/54 Zandvoort #45 Maasland accident
14/12/54 Amsterdam show
28/4/56 Mille Miglia #559 Dos Santos/Araujo 79e
Do you know the colour of the car ?