Photo

Argentinian Temporada Series

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 Darren Galpin

Darren Galpin

• 2,316 posts

Posted 17 April 2000 - 13:50

A friend of mine emailed me the skeleton outlines of the races in this series, and it has intrigued me. You always read biographies of Juan Manuel Fangio being introduced as "after being successful in the Temporada Series", but never get to know exactly how he did, who else raced, what the results were. So, here's the challenge. What do you know about what happened in that series? Any stories, results etc?

------------------

Advertisement

#2 BRG

BRG

• 25,900 posts

Posted 17 April 2000 - 07:27

I had a little dig and found nothing, so I want to know now as well!

Was the Temporada the title for the Gran Premio road race series in which Fangio started off? This was for modified saloon cars (mostly American) and run over long distances, often on dirt roads. More akin to modern rallying, really.

Later, I seem to remember that the Temporada name was applied to a F2 and later still an F3 based series? Did this become the current SudAm championship?

------------------
BRG

"all the time, maximum attack"

#3 Michael M

Michael M

• 142 posts

Posted 17 April 2000 - 21:46

The famous road races had been named "Gran Premio International de Turismo di Argentina", anyone still remembers the Mercedes victories in the early 60s?
The word "temporada" translated into English simply means "season", therefore I believe the word is used in multiple connections.

#4 Felix Muelas

Felix Muelas

• 1,209 posts

Posted 18 April 2000 - 05:34

OK, let's try to center the points. The word "Temporada", in its original form, with no translation attached has been traditionally used to name a series of races that took place in just a couple of days and being part of something like a mini-Championship, regardless of whether a title or award was asigned at the end of it to the winner. More specifically, the term "Temporada" is used in South America, and specially in Argentina. So, if one says "Temporada" without any more words attached, it is understood that we are talking about the Temporada Argentina.
The first of this "series" took place in 1947 by initiative of the Argentinian Automobile Club and under the tuition of President Perón. It consisted of just three races, two of them held at Buenos Aires (under the name of "Copas Perón")and a third at the City of Rosario. A couple of days ago, some kids from Rosario were asking if there was ever a "Grand Prix" held at their city, so the question is quite fresh in my mind now. In this first Temporada, the local drivers were outclassed by the europeans -Villoresi and Varzi, mainly- as both local men and machines were not specially familiar with this kind of competition.
By the following year, and although the cars available to locals were very outdated (pre-war Alfas and some Maserati voiturettes) names like Fangio, Landi and Galvez were able to have some decent results in the four races of the Temporada (again the two Copas Perón in Buenos Aires, The Rosario race and one more at Mar del Plata).
What basically made these early Temporadas famous for was the discovery of those local drivers that (specially in the case of Fangio) were able then to come to Europe and obtain the astonishing results that they had. Probably, should these series not had taken place, we would have missed Fangio, Galvez, Gonzalez et al.
In 1949, against Villoresi, Ascari, Farina, Bira, Parnell and (as our moderator so rightly calls them) the other "Usual Suspects", Galvez won the Buenos Aires race and Fangio the one held at Mar del Plata.
By 1950, revenge time, Villoresi and Ascari won two apiece, whilst the fifth one (in Rafaela) fell to Fangio. 1951 and 1952 brought reduced versions of the Temporada, just the two Perón Cups at Buenos Aires. Gonzalez and Fangio were the winners in those years.
After 1953 bringing championship status for the Argentinian Grand Prix, the Temporada started being organised around three races. These were, from 1954 to 1960 -with the exception of 1959- the Argentine Grand Prix, the Buenos Aires Grand Prix and a sports-car race, the 1000 Kms of Buenos Aires.
After some years of no activity, the Temporada came back in Formula 2 shape for a test year in 1964 (Moser won the four races in his Brabham) and skipping 1965, it was again organised, under Fangio's supervision, for Formula 3. Four races (Buenos Aires, Rosario, Mendoza and Rio de la Plata) took place in 1966 and four winners there were (Irwin, Moser, Crichton-Stuart and Offendstadt), whilst, now with the sponshorship of the YPF (the state-owned petrol company that only recently was merged with Repsol -take a look at the Arrows- and that many of us still remember and that, by the way, is the acronym for "Yacimientos Petrolíferos Fiscales" -Fiscal Oil Wells, nothing less-) the Temporada started a new period in 1967. Beltoise was untouchable that year, and in 1968 victories were to Tino Brambilla, Andrea de Adamich and Piers Courage.
By 1970 the Temporada was directed at sports-cars, with both the Buenos Aires 1000 kms and the 200 miles race being the stars. Beltoise and Pescarolo won the first one, whilst Courage and De Adamich won the second.
The 1971 races still received the name Temporada, with our recently recalled Buenos Aires 1000 kms being one, and the non-championship Argentine Grand Prix being the other. Yes, it was Chris Amon who won that one...
Now, Darren, I am sure what you want is the entry lists and results for the almost "unknown" years, 1947 to 1952. I do not have them, as you probably suspected, but our man in this one is Nicolás Korzán, that you probably know.
Whilst my son-to-be decides if he is going to be born tomorrow or he will still wait a couple of days, I promise I will try to make Nicolás aware of your interest, and he will probably offer the solutions.
(Almost)always does...
Un abrazo

Felix Muelas
The 8W Team (on holidays)
:-)

#5 Darren Galpin

Darren Galpin

• 2,316 posts

Posted 18 April 2000 - 13:46

Felix is almost right - I am after results for the "unknown years". I do have the outline of some results, and it includes races in other Argentine cities such as Parana. Perhaps I could post the Word file here in the dicussion?

#6 Racer.Demon

Racer.Demon

• 1,722 posts

Posted 19 April 2000 - 04:55

Maybe of interest, but hardly a nostalgic piece of information: the last few years the term Temporada has returned in the form of off-season Brazilian GT races (such as the Brasilia 1000kms and the Goiania 6hrs) organized by Nelson Piquet.

Nice to hear what the word actually means. Instinctively, I somehow always associated it with it being off-season (i.e. winter time on the Northern hemisphere), just as the Tasman series and the South African races were the Antipodean and African equivalents of the South American Temporada.

R.D

P.S. Felix, is the Easter boy still planning to say hello on British GP day?

#7 Michael M

Michael M

• 142 posts

Posted 19 April 2000 - 06:44

For the time being I only hae some information about the winners:
1947:
Buenos Aires GP (Retiro), 9-2: Luigi Villoresi, Maserati
Buenos Aires GP (Retiro), 15-2: Luigi Villoresi, Maserati
Rosario GP (Rosario), 2-3: Achille Varzi, Alfa Romeo
1948:
Buenos Aires GP (Palermo), 17-1: Luigi Villoresi, Maserati
Premio Dalmiro Varela Castex (Palermo), 14-2: Luigi Villoresi, Maserati
1949:
Buenos Aires GP (Palermo), 30-1: Alberto Ascari, Maserati
Buenos Aires GP (Palermo), 18-12: Alberto Ascari, Ferrari

#8 Darren Galpin

Darren Galpin

• 2,316 posts

Posted 19 April 2000 - 13:58

Racer.Demon - The data I was referring to in my document was for races circa 1946-55, not the modern stuff.....

#9 Huw Jenjin

Huw Jenjin

• 427 posts

Posted 19 April 2000 - 07:34

The series certainly ran into the early seventies, as I remember Reuttemann and maybe Hill, Rindt Peterson and co being involved. Does anybody remember the driver car combinations of that time. I remember the strong YPF involvement , as all the cars carried YPF on their number roundels. I seem to remember brabhams doing well.

#10 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 80,066 posts

Posted 21 April 2000 - 05:03

No mention of Wimille? He was instrumental in the recognition of Fangio (and upon whose style Fangio is said to have modelled his, and who also died there, did he not?

The term "Usual suspects" is not applicable to this... it is only to be used on the African continent, have come from 'Casablanca' ... please observe!

------------------
Life and love are mixed with pain...

#11 Roger Clark

Roger Clark

• 7,503 posts

Posted 21 April 2000 - 22:12

The 1951 Temporada was notable for the entry of three W163 Mercedes-Benz, their only post war racces. They appeared in two races. Both times they filled the front row, but were beaten by Gonzales in a 2litre supercharged Ferarri. THe reason for their defeat is often given as the teisty course being more suited to the smaller car, but it seems they really suffered from lack of reliability. THe cars had not been looked after during the war, and Mercedes were hardly in a position to support such complex cars on other side of the world.

The original intention was to follow the Argentine races with an entry for the Indianapolis 500, but thie plan was abandoned following the defeat.

#12 Felix Muelas

Felix Muelas

• 1,209 posts

Posted 22 April 2000 - 02:32

Ray

I apologize both for Wimille and, less intensly, for my misunderstanding on the "usual suspects" theme and its proper meaning.

I promise to "observe" more in the near future, to learn some proper English and so on...whilst in the Wimille subject there's only myself to be blamed.

Un abrazo

Felix Muelas

#13 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 80,066 posts

Posted 22 April 2000 - 05:06

That was only a dig, Felix, no need to be concerned... did you see "Casablanca"?
Nice to know Wimille has a place, after all. As for the Mercedes, it's interesting to know that they planned to go to Indy.. that's not in Neubauer's book, is it?
What is is the fact that Fangio referred back to these failures when approached to drive the W196... or was that more fanciful talk?

------------------
Life and love are mixed with pain...

#14 Hans Etzrodt

Hans Etzrodt

• 3,188 posts

Posted 16 October 2000 - 06:33

In a somewhat related issue, I like to find out more about a Formula A or Formula Libre race, held March 1948 in Brazil after completion of the Temporada. It was the Sao Paulo GP held at the Gavea circuit with Francisco Landi (Alfa Romeo 308) the winner, ahead of George Raph.

I am looking for the exact date of this race including the first three finishers, time, distance and circuit length of the 1948 circuit. But I will take more information if available.

#15 Felix Muelas

Felix Muelas

• 1,209 posts

Posted 16 October 2000 - 07:23

Hans

Not everything available, but some raw data :

Two possible races:

III Grande Prêmio de Interlagos
Interlagos unklnown laps 21 mar 1948
RESULTS
1. Chico Landi (BR) F. Landi Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,0 s c) (122,066 kmh)
2. « Raph » (F) Écurie Naphtra Course Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,0 s c)
3. Benedito Lopes (BR) ? Maserati
4. ? ? ?
5. . Fernández (RA) ? Maserati
etc.
fastest lap: not available
RETIREMENTS
Carlo Pintacuda (I) Écurie Naphtra Course Maserati 4CL (1,5 s c)
Soave Besana (I) ? Ferrari 166 SC 004C (2,0)
etc.
NOTE
Originally scheduled for February 15, then pushed to April 4th, finally March 7th and only at last March 21.

Second race:

IX Grande Prêmio da Cidade de Rio de Janeiro
La Gávea unknown laps 25 april 1948
RESULTS
1. Chico Landi (BR) F. Landi Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,0 s c) 2h 30' 52,3" (? kmh)
2. Benedito Lopes (BR) ? Maserati
3. Aloisio Fontenelle (BR) ? Alfa Romeo
4. Francisco Credentino (BR) ? Maserati
5. Osmar Laje (BR) ? Maserati
etc.
fastest lap : not available
RETIREMENTS
« Raph » (F) Écurie Naphtra Course Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,0 s c)
Vittorio Rosa (RA) Écurie Naphtra Course Maserati 4CL (1,5 s c)
* Nâno Da Silva Ramos (BR) ? ?
etc.
NOTE
Again, originally scheduled for April 18, then February 22nd, then March 14th, then April 11 and finally April 25th.

* also possible to be Hélio Ramos

:)

Felix

#16 Darren Galpin

Darren Galpin

• 2,316 posts

Posted 16 October 2000 - 07:25

Hans - Gavea is a district in Rio de Janeiro, not Sao Paulo. It is to the south of Ipanema and Leblon, and goes around the hills. Don't let my other half see you saying something is in Sao Paulo when it is in Rio, or you will have your ears shouted off.....

#17 Hans Etzrodt

Hans Etzrodt

• 3,188 posts

Posted 16 October 2000 - 09:51

Thank you very much, Felix, and also Darren. This fills one of my gaps in the Forties. The one I know about. :D

#18 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 80,066 posts

Posted 16 October 2000 - 10:03

Your request, Hans, fits with the line in the Monkhouse book under Sao Paulo GP for 1948... exactly, names and cars, and giving the speed as 76.4mph and race distance as 140 miles. It fits not with either of Darren's, for it gives third place to an unspecified car driven by 'Parra' and the circuit is shown as 'Sao Paulo.'
Nothing more, I'm afraid...

#19 fines

fines

• 9,647 posts

Posted 16 October 2000 - 20:07

Felix!

Absolutely stupendous information, do you have more?

Just a few weeks ago Hans e-mailed me some of his data to fill some blanks in my records, but without wanting to be disgraceful to him yours looks to be more complete. I always felt it a shame that Sheldon left these races out of his otherwise comprehensive "Record" books, instead preferring to include rather indifferent races that just happened to conform to contemporary GP formulae.

I'm also interested in the first names and the nationalities of drivers such as Bizio, Casini (is that Henrique?) or Daquer, to name just a few.

BTW, didn't Varzi and Wimille also compete in the 1948 Interlagos GP?

Advertisement

#20 Felix Muelas

Felix Muelas

• 1,209 posts

Posted 16 October 2000 - 20:46

Guys,

I got this file some time ago, and again, like in the Darl´Mat issue, I cannot remember where it came from. The logic tells me that this file should have come from Darren Galpin or maybe from our Argentinian friend Nicolas Korzán, but I am pretty sure none of them is the author, if only because it has things in French, in English and even in Spanish.

It lists what was known to the author about the International F Libre races in S.America between 1946 and 1952, and I think that, even unformatted as it is, will make the delight (and later the desperation) of some of you.

After all, as we all say, we are here to share information...

Let´s the discussion start!

Felix

COURSES INTERNATIONALES SUD-AMERICAINES 1946-1952 (formule libre)

II Grande Prêmio de la Gávea
La Gávea ? tours ? km 6 octobre 1946
RESULTS
1. Chico Landi (BR) F. Landi Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,0 s c) 15 tours en 2h 04' (± 80 kmh)
etc.
meilleur tour en course : not available
RETIREMENTS
etc.
OTHER ENTRIES
Tazio Nuvolari (I) Scuderia Milan Maserati 4CL (1,5 s c) dna, driver elsewhere
Luigi Villoresi (I) Scuderia Milan Maserati 4CL (1,5 s c) dna, driver elsewhere
Achille Varzi (I) Scuderia Milan Maserati 4CL (1,5 s c) dna
Arialdo Ruggeri (I) Scuderia Milan Maserati 4CL (1,5 s c) dna, driver elsewhere
Enrico Platè (I) Scuderia Milan Maserati 4CL (1,5 s c) dna
Giacomo Palmieri (I) Scuderia Milan Maserati 4CL (1,5 s c) dna
Carlo Pintacuda (I) Scuderia Milan Maserati 4CL (1,5 s c)
etc.
NOTE
Forfait massif des Européens contactés (ou engagés).

I Gran Premio del General Juan Perón
Parco Palermo, Buenos Aires 50 tours 120,500 km 9 février 1947
RESULTS
1. Luigi Villoresi (I) Scuderia Ambrosiana Maserati 4CLT 1583 (1,5 s c) 1h 04'11,3" (112,631 kmh)
2. Achille Varzi (I) Écurie Naphtra Course Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,0 s c) à 1"
3. Chico Landi (BR) F. Landi Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,0 s c) à 27,1"
4. Giacomo Palmieri (I) Scuderia Milan Maserai 6CM (1,5 s c)
5. Pablo Pessatti (RA) ? Alfa Romeo 8C-35 (3,8 s c)
6. Italo Bizio (RA) ? Alfa Romeo 2900A (3,1 s c)
etc.
meilleur tour en course : Luigi Villoresi
RETIREMENTS
« Raph » (F) Écurie Naphtra Course Maserati 4CL (1,5 s c) 34 pont arrière
Oscar Gálvez (RA) YPF / Cerveza Quilmes Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,8 s c) 10 mécanique
Carlo Pintacuda (I) Scuderia Milan Maserati
Enrico Platè (I) Scuderia Milan Maserati
Juan Gálvez (RA) ? Alfa Romeo modificada (3,2 s c)
Francisco Galligan (RA) ? Maserati
etc.
RACE FACTS
1er tour : Villoresi, Gálvez (O), Landi, Varzi, Pintacuda, Bizio, « Raph », Pessatti, Galligan, etc.
11e tour : Villoresi, Varzi, Pessatti, Landi, etc.
35e tour : Villoresi, Varzi, Landi, etc.
48e tour : Villoresi, Varzi, Landi, etc.
49e tour : Varzi, Villoresi, Landi, etc.
NOTES
Le chassis de Villoresi est neuf (tubulaire).
Varzi était initialement prévu sur sa propre Maserati 4CL ; il remplaça Jean-Pierre Wimille, indisponible, chez Naphtra-Course

I Gran Premio de Eva Duarte Perón
Parco Palermo, Buenos Aires 50 tours 120,500 km 16 février 1947
RESULTS
1. Luigi Villoresi (I) Scuderia Ambrosiana Maserati 4CLT 1583 (1,5 s c) (111,830 kmh)
2. Pablo Pessatti (RA) ? Alfa Romeo 8C-35 (3,8 s c) à 18"
3. Giacomo Palmieri (I) Scuderia Milan Maserai 6CM (1,5 s c)
4. Italo Bizio (RA) ? Alfa Romeo 2900A (3,1 s c)
5. Chico Landi (BR) F. Landi Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,0 s c)
6. « Raph » (F) Écurie Naphtra Course Maserati 4CL (1,5 s c)
7. Juan Gálvez (RA) ? Alfa Romeo modificada (3,2 s c)
etc.
RETIREMENTS
Achille Varzi (I) Écurie Naphtra Course Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,0 s c) 29 moteur
Oscar Gálvez (RA) YPF / Cerveza Quilmes Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,8 s c) suspension
Enrico Platè (I) Scuderia Milan Maserati
etc.
RACE FACTS
Leaders : Gálvez (O), Villoresi.

I Copa Acción de San Lorenzo
Rosario 50 tours 140,800 km 23 février 1947
RESULTS
1. Achille Varzi (I) Écurie Naphtra Course Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,0 s c) (90,015 kmh)
2. Luigi Villoresi (I) Scuderia Ambrosiana Maserati 4CLT 1583 (1,5 s c)
3. « Raph » (F) Écurie Naphtra Course Maserati 4CL (1,5 s c)
4. Oscar Gálvez (RA) YPF / Cerveza Quilmes Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,8 s c)
5. ?
* 6. Juan Manuel Fangio (RA) J M Fangio Negrita especial / Chevrolet
etc.
RETIREMENTS
Chico Landi (BR) F. Landi Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,0 s c)
etc.
RACE FACTS
etc.
NOTE
* résultat (et participation) à confirmer

Notes sur la Temporada 1947
Le calendrier originel prévoyait : GP Perón, 28 janvier — GP Eva Perón, 2 février — Mar del Plata, 16 février — Rosario, 2 mars — Rafaela, 20 mars.
Au Brésil, abbulation du G.P. da Boa Vista, prévu le 7 avril.

II Grande Prêmio de Interlagos
Interlagos 20 ? tours ± 158 km 30 mars 1947
RESULTS
1. Achille Varzi (I) Écurie Naphtra Course Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,0 s c) 1h 00' 19" (159,100 kmh)
2. Chico Landi (BR) F. Landi Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,0 s c)
3. Gino Bianco (BR) ? Maserati
etc.
RETIREMENTS
Luigi Villoresi (I) Scuderia Ambrosiana Maserati 4CLT 1583 (1,5 s c) crash
« Raph » (F) Écurie Naphtra Course Maserati 4CL (1,5 s c)
etc.
OTHER ENTRIES
Nâno Da Silva Ramos (BR) ? M.G. TC
António Parra (BR) ? ?
Henrique Cassini (BR) ? ?
Fernandez Lages (BR) ? ?
Benedito Lopes (BR) ? ?
RACE FACTS
Leaders : Villoresi, Landi, Varzi.

VIII Grande Prêmio da Cidade de Rio de Janeiro
La Gávea 23 tours 247,848 km 21 avril 1947
RESULTS
1. Chico Landi (BR) F. Landi Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,0 s c) 15 tours en 2h 04' (± 80 kmh)
2. Luigi Villoresi (I) Scuderia Ambrosiana Maserati 4CLT 1583 (1,5 s c) à 7"
3. « Raph » (F) Écurie Naphtra Course Maserati 4CL (1,5 s c)
* 4. Gino Bianco (BR) ? Maserati
* 4. Hélio Ramos (BR) ? Maserati
etc.
RETIREMENTS
Achille Varzi (I) Écurie Naphtra Course Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,0 s c) 6
etc.
NOTE
* résultats contradictoires selon les sources

II Gran Premio del General Juan Perón y de la Ciudad de Buenos Aires
Parco Palermo, Buenos Aires 2 manches de 15 tours, finale de 25 tours 2x72,975 ; 121,625 km 17-18 janvier 1948
MANCHE 1
RESULTS
1. Luigi Villoresi (I) Scuderia Milan Maserati 4CLT (1,5 s c) 40' 57,1" (109,918 kmh)
2. Achille Varzi (I) A. Varzi Alfa Romeo 12C-37 (4,5 s c) à 31,6"
3. Pascual Puopolo (RA) San Isidoro Maserati 8CL 3034 (3,0 s c) à 48,6"
* 4. Juan Manuel Fangio (RA) A.C.A. Maserati 4CLT (1,5 s c)
etc.
RETIREMENTS
Jean-Pierre Wimille (F) Écurie Naphtra Course Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,8 s c) 3 boîte
etc.
ALTERNATIVE CAR
Juan Manuel Fangio (RA) J.M. Fangio Ford especial (s c)
MANCHE 2
RESULTS
1. Nino Farina (I) Scuderia Milan Maserati 8CL 3035 (3,0 s c) 40' 35,6" (107,225 kmh)
2. Oscar Gálvez (RA) O. Gálvez Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,8 s c) à 14,5"
3. Chico Landi (BR) F. Landi Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,0 s c) à 48,9"
4. Arialdo Ruggeri (I) Scuderia Milano Maserati 4CL (1,5 s c)
* 5. Vittorio Rosa (RA) ? Maserati
* 6. « Raph » (F) Écurie Naphtra Course Maserati 4CLT 1588 (1,5 s c)
7. Enrico Platè (I) Scuderia Milano Maserati 4CL (1,5 s c)
8. Italo Bizio (RA) ? Maserati
etc.
RETIREMENTS
etc.
ALTERNATIVE CAR
Oscar Gálvez (RA) A.C.A. Maserati 4CLT (1,5 s c) dns moteur
OTHER ENTRIES
Clemar Bucci (RA) ? Cadillac especial (6,0 s c)
Gino Bianco (BR) ? Ford especial (bimoteur)
etc.
FINALE
RESULTS
1. Luigi Villoresi (I) Scuderia Milan Maserati 4CLT (1,5 s c) 1h 11' 46,6" (101,682 kmh)
2. Chico Landi (BR) F. Landi Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,0 s c) à 37,4"
3. Fernández (RA) ? Maserati à 1'44,4"
4. Arialdo Ruggeri (I) Scuderia Milano Maserati 4CL (1,5 s c)
5. Vittorio Rosa (RA) ? Maserati
6. « Raph » (F) Écurie Naphtra Course Maserati 4CLT 1588 (1,5 s c)
etc.
RETIREMENTS
Oscar Gálvez (RA) O. Gálvez Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,8 s c) 7 allumage
Nino Farina (I) Scuderia Milan Maserati 8CL 3035 (3,0 s c) 4 freins
Achille Varzi (I) A. Varzi Alfa Romeo 12C-37 (4,5 s c) allumage
Juan Manuel Fangio (RA) A.C.A. Maserati 4CLT (1,5 s c) allumage
Pascual Puopolo (RA) San Isidoro Maserati 8CL 3034 (3,0 s c)
Enrico Platè (I) Scuderia Milano Maserati 4CL (1,5 s c)
Italo Bizio (RA) ? Maserati
etc.
RACE FACTS
1er tour Finale : Gálvez (O), Villoresi, Farina, etc.
NOTE
La course était programmée pour les 10 et 11 janvier, elle fut reportée d'une semaine à cause de violentes pluies.

I Gran Premio Internacional del General San Martín
El Torreón, Mar del Plata 37 tours 149,665 km 25 janvier 1948
RESULTS
1. Nino Farina (I) Scuderia Milan Maserati 8CL 3035 (3,0 s c) 1h 24' 02" (100,202 kmh)
2. Achille Varzi (I) A. Varzi Alfa Romeo 12C-37 (4,5 s c) à 1' 13"
3. Jean-Pierre Wimille (F) Écurie Naphtra Course Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,0 s c) à 1' 49"
4. * Oscar Gálvez (RA) A.C.A. Maserati 4CLT (1,5 s c) à 1tour
5. Juan Manuel Fangio (RA) A.C.A. Maserati 4CLT (1,5 s c) à 1tour
6. Italo Bizio (RA) ? Maserati à 1tour
7. Chico Landi (BR) F. Landi Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,0 s c)
8. Fernández (RA) ? Maserati
9. Luigi Villoresi (I) Scuderia Milan Maserati 4CLT (1,5 s c)
etc.
RETIREMENTS
etc.
DID NOT APPEAR
Enrico Platè (I) Scuderia Milano Maserati 4CL (1,5 s c)
« Raph » (F) Équipe Simca-Gordini Gordini 15 / Simca (1,2)
Amédée Gordini (F) Équipe Simca-Gordini Gordini 11 / Simca (1,2)
etc.
RACE FACTS
Leaders : Villoresi (1-5), Farina (6-7), Villoresi (8), Farina (9-37).
NOTES
* Selon une autre source, il s'agirait de Juan Gálvez sur la Maserati de « Raph ».
13 au départ, 5 forfaits.

II Copa Acción de San Lorenzo
Rosario 50 tours 140,550 km 1er février 1948
RESULTS
1. Jean-Pierre Wimille (F) Équipe Simca-Gordini Gordini 15 0007GC / Simca (1,2) 1h 32' 27,3" (91,216 kmh)
2. Chico Landi (BR) F. Landi Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,0 s c) à 1' 49,8"
3. Luigi Villoresi (I) Scuderia Milan Maserati 4CLT (1,5 s c) à 2 tours
4. . Llanos (RA) ? ? à 2 tours
5. Eitel Cantoni (ROU) Maserati à 3 tours
6. Italo Bizio (RA) ? Maserati à 4 tours
7. Fernández (RA) ? Maserati à 5 tours
8. Juan Manuel Fangio (RA) Équipe Simca-Gordini Gordini 11 0004GC / Simca (1,2) à 9 tours
etc.
meilleur tour en course : Juan Manuel Fangio 1' 48,3 (94,193 kmh)
RETIREMENTS
Oscar Gálvez (RA) O. Gálvez * Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,8 s c) 25 allumage
Nino Farina (I) Scuderia Milan Maserati 8CL 3035 (3,0 s c) 5 freins
Vittorio Rosa (RA) ? Maserati
Achille Varzi (I) A. Varzi Alfa Romeo 12C-37 (4,5 s c) 0
etc.
DID NOT APPEAR
« Raph » (F) Écurie Naphtra-Course Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,8 s c)
etc.
RACE FACTS
Leaders : Gálvez (1-18), Wimille, Fangio.
1er tour : Gálvez, Wimille, Farina, Villoresi, etc.
19e tour : Wimille, Fangio, etc.
25e tour : Wimille, Fangio, Landi, Villoresi, Llanos, etc.
25e tour : Wimille, Landi, etc.
NOTE
* Selon une autre source, il s'agirait de la Maserati 4CLT achetée par l'A.C.A.

II Gran Premio de Eva Duarte Perón
Parco Palermo, Buenos Aires 50 tours 243,250 km 14 février 1948
RESULTS
1. Luigi Villoresi (I) Scuderia Milan Maserati 4CLT (1,5 s c) 2h 15' 16" (101,981 kmh)
2. Oscar Gálvez (RA) O. Gálvez Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,8 s c) à 39"
3. « Raph » (F) Écurie Naphtra-Course Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,0 s c) à 2 tours
4. Pablo Pessatti (RA) P. Pessatti Alfa Romeo 8C-35 (3,8 s c)
5. . Firpo (RA) ? Maserati
6. Benedicto Campos (RA) Écurie Naphtra-Course Maserati 4CL (1,5 s c)
7. ? ? ?
8. Juan Manuel Fangio (RA) Équipe Simca-Gordini Gordini 11 0004GC / Simca (1,2)
etc.
RETIREMENTS
Achille Varzi (I) A. Varzi Alfa Romeo 12C-37 (4,5 s c) 37
Nino Farina (I) Scuderia Milan Maserati 8CL 3035 (3,0 s c) réservoir
Pascual Puopolo (RA) San Isidoro Maserati 8CL 3034 (3,0 s c) crash
Chico Landi (BR) F. Landi Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,0 s c)
Eitel Cantoni (ROU) Maserati incendie
etc.
DID NOT APPEAR
Jean-Pierre Wimille (F) Équipe Simca-Gordini Gordini 15 0007GC / Simca (1,2)
etc.
RACE FACTS
Leaders : Varzi, Farina, Gálvez, Villoresi.
1er tour : Varzi, Gálvez, Villoresi, etc.
NOTE
Peut-être avec 2 manches préliminaires.
16 au départ.

III Grande Prêmio de Interlagos
Interlagos ? tours ? km 21 mars 1948
RESULTS
1. Chico Landi (BR) F. Landi Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,0 s c) (122,066 kmh)
2. « Raph » (F) Écurie Naphtra Course Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,0 s c)
3. Benedito Lopes (BR) ? Maserati
4. ? ? ?
5. . Fernández (RA) ? Maserati
etc.
RETIREMENTS
Carlo Pintacuda (I) Écurie Naphtra Course Maserati 4CL (1,5 s c)
Soave Besana (I) ? Ferrari 166 SC 004C (2,0)
etc.
NOTE
Prévu originellement le 15 février, puis le 4 avril, enfin le 7 mars.

IX Grande Prêmio da Cidade de Rio de Janeiro
La Gávea ? tours ? km 25 avril 1948
RESULTS
1. Chico Landi (BR) F. Landi Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,0 s c) 2h 30' 52,3" (? kmh)
2. Benedito Lopes (BR) ? Maserati
3. Aloisio Fontenelle (BR) ? Alfa Romeo
4. Francisco Credentino (BR) ? Maserati
5. Osmar Laje (BR) ? Maserati
etc.
RETIREMENTS
« Raph » (F) Écurie Naphtra Course Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,0 s c)
Vittorio Rosa (RA) Écurie Naphtra Course Maserati 4CL (1,5 s c)
* Nâno Da Silva Ramos (BR) ? ?
etc.
NOTE
Prévu successivement le 18 avril, le 22 février, le 14 mars, enfin le 11 avril.
* ou Hélio Ramos

III Gran Premio del General Juan Perón y de la Ciudad de Buenos Aires
Parco Palermo, Buenos Aires 35 tours 170,275 km 30 janvier 1949
RESULTS
1. Alberto Ascari (I) Scuderia Ambrosiana Maserati 4CLT 1593 (1,5 s c) 1h 30' 23,1" (113,016 kmh)
2. Luigi Villoresi (I) Scuderia Ambrosiana Maserati 4CLT 1594 (1,5 s c) à 40"
3. Oscar Gálvez (RA) O. Gálvez Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,8 s c) à 2' 20"
4. Juan Manuel Fangio (RA) A.C.A. Maserati 4CLT 1599 (1,5 s c) à 1 tour
5. « B. Bira » (T) White Mouse Maserati 4CLT 1598 (1,5 s c) à 1 tour
6. Vittorio Rosa (RA) ? Maserati
etc.
meilleur tour en course : Ascari & Villoresi 2' 38,4" (114,845 kmh)
RETIREMENTS
Nino Farina (I) Scuderia Ferrari Ferrari 166 FL (2,0 s c) compresseur
etc.
DID NOT START
Jean-Pierre Wimille (F) Équipe Simca-Gordini Gordini 15 0010 GC / Simca (1,4) fatal crash in practice
Amédée Gordini (F) Équipe Simca-Gordini Gordini 15 0007 GC / Simca (1,4) withdrawn
etc.
OTHER ENTRIES
Reg Parnell (GB) Scuderia Ambrosiana Maserati 4CLT 1596 (1,5 s c)
Chico Landi (BR) F. Landi Maserati 4CL (1,5 s c)
Benedicto Campos (RA) A.C.A. Maserati 4CLT 1600 (1,5 s c)
Eitel Cantoni (ROU) Maserati
Pascual Puopolo (RA) San Isidoro Maserati 8CL 3034 (3,0 s c)
* Pablo Pessatti (RA) P. Pessatti Alfa Romeo 8C-35 (3,8 s c)
. Llanos (RA) ? ?
Clemar Bucci (RA) ? Alfa Romeo 12C-37 (4,5 s c)
Emilio Romano (I) ? Maserati A6 GCS (2,0)
Felice Bonetto (I) ? Cisitalia / Fiat (1,2)
Guido Scagliarini (I) ? Cisitalia / Fiat (1,2)
etc.
DID NOT APPEAR
« Raph » (F) Écurie Naphtra-Course Maserati 4CLT 1588 (1,5 s c)
etc.
RACE FACTS
Leader : Ascari de bout en bout.
1er tour : Ascari, Villoresi, etc.
NOTE
* Pessatti se tue au cours de l'une des 4 épreuves de la Temporada.
15 au départ, dont 13 Maserati

III Gran Premio de Eva Duarte Perón
Parco Palermo, Buenos Aires 35 tours 170,275 km 6 février 1949
RESULTS
1. Oscar Gálvez (RA) O. Gálvez Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,8 s c) 30 tours en ? (104,870 kmh)
2. Juan Manuel Fangio (RA) A.C.A. Maserati 4CLT 1599 (1,5 s c)
3. Eitel Cantoni (ROU) Maserati
4. Antonio Malusardi (RA) A.C.A. Maserati 4CLT 1600 (1,5 s c)
5. « B. Bira » (T) White Mouse Maserati 4CLT 1598 (1,5 s c)
etc.
RETIREMENTS
Luigi Villoresi (I) Scuderia Ambrosiana Maserati 4CLT 1594 (1,5 s c) 9
Nino Farina (I) Scuderia Ferrari Ferrari 166 FL (2,0 s c) crash
Reg Parnell (GB) Scuderia Ambrosiana Maserati 4CLT 1596 (1,5 s c)
Alberto Ascari (I) Scuderia Ambrosiana Maserati 4CLT 1593 (1,5 s c)
etc.
RACE FACTS
Leaders : Villoresi, Ascari, Gálvez.
1er tour : Villoresi, Ascari, Fangio, Gálvez, Farina, etc.

III Copa Acción de San Lorenzo
Rosario 50 tours 140,550 km 13 février 1949
RESULTS
1. Nino Farina (I) Scuderia Ferrari Ferrari 166 FL (2,0 s c) 1h 48' 18,8" (77,800 kmh)
2. Reg Parnell (GB) Scuderia Ambrosiana Maserati 4CLT 1596 (1,5 s c) à 31,2"
3. Alberto Ascari (I) Scuderia Ambrosiana Maserati 4CLT 1593 (1,5 s c) à 1'51,2"
4. Luigi Villoresi (I) Scuderia Ambrosiana Maserati 4CLT 1594 (1,5 s c) à 1 tour
5. Benedicto Campos (RA) Équipe Simca-Gordini Gordini 15 0010 GC / Simca (1,4)
6. Eitel Cantoni (ROU) Maserati
7. Oscar Gálvez (RA) O. Gálvez Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,8 s c)
etc.
RETIREMENTS
Juan Manuel Fangio (RA) Équipe Simca-Gordini Gordini 15 0007 GC / Simca (1,4) collision
Clemar Bucci (RA) ? Alfa Romeo 12C-37 (4,5 s c) collision
« B. Bira » (T) White Mouse Maserati 4CLT 1598 (1,5 s c)
etc.
NOTE
13 au départ

II Gran Premio Internacional del General San Martín
El Torreón, Mar del Plata 35 ? tours 141,475 km 27 février 1949
RESULTS
1. Juan Manuel Fangio (RA) A.C.A. Maserati 4CLT 1599 (1,5 s c) (110,536 kmh)
2. « B. Bira » (T) White Mouse Maserati 4CLT 1598 (1,5 s c)
3. Oscar Gálvez (RA) O. Gálvez Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,8 s c)
etc.
RETIREMENTS
Nino Farina (I) Scuderia Ferrari Ferrari 166 FL (2,0 s c) pompe à huile
Luigi Villoresi (I) Scuderia Ambrosiana Maserati 4CLT 1594 (1,5 s c)
Antonio Malusardi (RA) ? Alfa Romeo B 50009 (2,9 s c) fatal crash
etc.

IV Grande Prêmio de Interlagos
Interlagos ? tours ? km 20 mars 1949
RESULTS
1. Luigi Villoresi (I) Scuderia Ambrosiana Maserati 4CLT 1594 (1,5 s c) (87,300 kmh)
2. Francisco Marques (BR) ? Maserati
* 3. Nâno Da Silva Ramos (BR) ? Maserati
4. ? ? ?
5. Chico Landi (BR) F. Landi Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,0 s c)
etc.
RETIREMENTS
Nino Farina (I) Scuderia Ferrari Ferrari 166 FL (2,0 s c) crash
etc.
NOTE
* ou Hélio Ramos

X Grande Prêmio da Cidade de Rio de Janeiro
La Gávea ? tours ? km 27 mars 1949
RESULTS
1. Luigi Villoresi (I) Scuderia Ambrosiana Maserati 4CLT 1594 (1,5 s c) 1h 57' 07" (82,806 kmh)
2. Nino Farina (I) Scuderia Ferrari Ferrari 166 FL (2,0 s c) à 52"
3. Francisco Marques (BR) ? Maserati
4. Aloisio Fontenelle (BR) ? Alfa Romeo
5. Enrique Casini (BR) ? Alfa Romeo
etc.
RETIREMENTS
Chico Landi (BR) F. Landi Maserati 4CL (1,5 s c)
Alberto Ascari (I) Scuderia Ambrosiana Maserati 4CLT 1593 (1,5 s c) crash
etc.

IV Gran Premio del General Juan Perón y de la Ciudad de Buenos Aires
Parco Palermo, Buenos Aires manche 15 tours, finale 35 tours 72,975 km ; 170,275 km 18 décembre 1949
RESULTS
driver yeam car b.p.t. grid final
1. Alberto Ascari (I) Scuderia Ferrari Ferrari 166 FL (2,0 s c) 2' 34,8" 2 (114,825 kmh)
2. Juan Manuel Fangio (RA) A.C.A. Ferrari 166 FL (2,0 s c) 2' 35,5" 4
3. Luigi Villoresi (I) Scuderia Ferrari Ferrari 166 FL (2,0 s c) 2' 40,2" 1
4. Benedicto Campos (RA) A.C.A. Ferrari 166 C (2,0) 2' 42,2" 5 à 1 tour
5. Froilán González (RA) ? Maserati 4CLT (1,5 s c) 2' 46,0" 13
* 6. ? ? ?
* 7. « B. Bira » (T) Scuderia Platè Maserati 4CLT 1607 (1,5 s c) 2' 43,1" 12
8. Dorino Serafini (I) Scuderia Ferrari Ferrari 125 C (1,5 s c) 2' 37,6" 9
* 9. Emmanuel de Graffenried (CH) Scuderia Platè Maserati 4CLT 1601 (1,5 s c) 2' 46,2" 7
10. Peter Whitehead (GB) P.N. Whitehead Ferrari 125 -10C (1,5 s c) no time 19
11. Louis Chiron (MC) Helvetic Maserati 4CLT 1606 (1,5 s c) 2' 48,0" 10
etc.
meilleur tour en course : Fangio 2' 29,2" (? kmh)
RETIREMENTS
driver yeam car b.p.t. grid final laps motif
Philippe Étancelin (F) P. Étancelin Talbot T26 C 110008 (4,5) 2' 38,9" 6 23 moteur
Louis Rosier (F) Écurie Rosier Talbot T26 C 110001 (4,5) 2' 39,6" 8 14 freins
Nino Farina (I) Dott G. Farina Maserati 4CLT 1609 (1,5 s c) 2' 47,1" 3
Piero Taruffi (I) Ing P. Taruffi Maserati 4CLT 1610 (1,5 s c) 2' 40,1" 20
Felice Bonetto (I) Scuderia Milan Maserati 4CLT (1,5 s c) 2' 50,2" 17 ± 8
Piero Carini (I) P. Carini Maserati 4CLT 1608 (1,5 s c) 2' 47,5" 15 ± 8
etc.
ALSO STARTED
Clemar Bucci (RA) ? Alfa Romeo 12C-37 (4,6 s c) 2' 47,3" 11
Oscar Gálvez (RA) ? Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,8 s c) no time 14
Clemente Biondetti (I) L. De Filippis Maserati 4CLT 1603 (1,5 s c) 2' 54,0" 16
Eitel Cantoni (ROU) ? Maserati 4CLT (1,5 s c) no time 18
Reg Parnell (GB) Scuderia Ambrosiana Maserati 4CLT 1596 (1,5 s c) no time 21
T CARS
Juan Manuel Fangio (RA) A.C.A. Maserati 4CLT 1599 (1,5 s c) 2' 44,6" crash in practice
Benedicto Campos (RA) A.C.A. Maserati 4CLT 1600 (1,5 s c) 2' 51,9"
etc.
DID NOT START
Manfred von Brauchitsch (D) San Isidoro ? Maserati 8CL 3034 (3,0 s c) ? car not competitive
etc.
OTHER ENTRIES
Giovanni Bracco (I) ? Ferrari 166C-08C (2,0)
Pascual Puopolo (RA) San Isidoro Maserati 4CLT 1605 (1,5 s c)
etc.
RACE FACTS
Leader : Ascari de bout en bout.
1er tour : Ascari, Villoresi, Fangio, Campos, González, Graffenried, Farina, Bucci, « Bira », Serafini, Chiron, Étancelin, Bonetto, Carini, Rosier, etc.
Mi-course : Ascari, Fangio, Villoresi, Campos, González, etc.
NOTES
Viennent d'Europe : 15 Maserati, 5 Ferrari, 2 Talbot..
Grille de départ (4-3-4) en fonction des résultats de la manche qualificative.
* Résultats à confirmer. Selon une autre source : 6. « Bira » ; 7. Graffenried ; 9. ?
Manfred von Brauchitsch dispose d'une licence argentine (l'Allemagne est toujours non grata).
Plusieurs chassis 4CLT neufs : Farina, Taruffi, « Bira », Puopolo…

IV Gran Premio Extraordinario de Eva Duarte Perón
Parco Palermo, Buenos Aires 30 tours 145,950 km 8 janvier 1950
RESULTS
driver yeam car b.p.t. grid
1. Luigi Villoresi (I) Scuderia Ferrari Ferrari 166 FL (2,0 s c) 2' 31,5" 3 1h18'20,8" (111,007 kmh)
2. Dorino Serafini (I) Scuderia Ferrari Ferrari 125 C (1,5 s c) 2' 34,3" 4 à 25,8"
3. Clemar Bucci (RA) ? Alfa Romeo 12C-37 (4,6 s c) 2' 37,8" à 27,7"
4. Juan Manuel Fangio (RA) A.C.A. Ferrari 166 FL (2,0 s c) 2' 29,9" 1 à 40,2"
5. Felice Bonetto (I) Scuderia Milan Maserati 4CLT (1,5 s c) 2' 37,2" à 1' 09,0"
6. Nino Farina (I) Dott G. Farina Maserati 4CLT 1609 (1,5 s c) 2' 35,1" à 1' 48,0"
7. Louis Rosier (F) Écurie Rosier Talbot T26 C 110001 (4,5) 2' 36,3" 7 à 2' 14,2"
8. Reg Parnell (GB) Scuderia Ambrosiana Maserati 4CLT 1596 (1,5 s c) 2' 40,5" à 2' 18,2"
9. « B. Bira » (T) Scuderia Platè Maserati 4CLT 1607 (1,5 s c) 2' 35,6" 5 à 2' 35,0"
10. Peter Whitehead (GB) P.N. Whitehead Ferrari 125 -10C (1,5 s c) 2' 45,7" à 1 tour
11. Clemente Biondetti (I) L. De Filippis Maserati 4CLT 1603 (1,5 s c) 2' 45,3" à 1 tour
12. Froilán González (RA) ? Maserati 4CLT (1,5 s c) 2' 36,5"
etc.
RETIREMENTS
driver yeam car b.p.t. grid laps motif
Louis Chiron (MC) Helvetic Maserati 4CLT 1606 (1,5 s c) 2' 39,1" 23 transmission
Philippe Étancelin (F) P. Étancelin Talbot T26 C 110008 (4,5) 2' 36,1" 6 16 moteur
Piero Taruffi (I) Ing P. Taruffi Maserati 4CLT 1610 (1,5 s c) 2' 39,6"
Benedicto Campos (RA) A.C.A. Ferrari 166 C (2,0) 2' 37,0" 5
Alberto Ascari (I) Scuderia Ferrari Ferrari 166 FL (2,0 s c) 2' 30,4" 2 5 crash
etc.
ALSO STARTED
Eitel Cantoni (ROU) ? Maserati 4CLT (1,5 s c) 2' 39,8"
Piero Carini (I) P. Carini Maserati 4CLT 1608 (1,5 s c) 2' 38,5"
Emmanuel de Graffenried (CH) Scuderia Platè Maserati 4CLT 1601 (1,5 s c) 2' 38,2"
Pascual Puopolo (RA) San Isidoro Maserati 4CLT 1605 (1,5 s c) 2' 43,1"
DID NOT START
Manfred von Brauchitsch (D) L. De Filippis Maserati 4CLT 1603 (1,5 s c) no time car used by Biondetti
etc.
DID NOT APPEAR
Oscar Gálvez (RA) ? Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,8 s c) driver elsewhere
etc.
RACE FACTS
Leaders : Fangio (1-6), Villoresi (7-30).
1er tour : Fangio, Villoresi, …, 8 Ascari, 9 Étancelin, …, 20 Rosier, etc.
5e tour : Fangio, Villoresi, Campos, Serafini, Taruffi, « Bira », González, Ascari, Étancelin, Farina, …, 20 Rosier, etc.
7e tour : Villoresi, Serafini, Taruffi, Farina, « Bira », etc.
10e tour : Villoresi, Serafini, Farina, « Bira », González, Bucci, Étancelin, Rosier, Parnell, Taruffi, Whitehead, Puopolo, Fangio, etc.

III Gran Premio Internacional del General San Martín
El Torreón, Mar del Plata 37 tours 149,665 km 15 janvier 1950
RESULTS
1. Alberto Ascari (I) Scuderia Ferrari Ferrari 166 FL (2,0 s c) 2' 03,7" 1 1h 20' 45,3" (111,199 kmh)
2. Nino Farina (I) Dott G. Farina Maserati 4CLT 1609 (1,5 s c) à 19,5"
3. Piero Taruffi (I) Ing P. Taruffi Maserati 4CLT 1610 (1,5 s c) à 23,8"
4. Louis Chiron (MC) Helvetic Maserati 4CLT 1606 (1,5 s c) à 1 tour
5. Emmanuel de Graffenried (CH) Scuderia Platè Maserati 4CLT 1601 (1,5 s c) à 1 tour
6. Froilán González (RA) ? Maserati 4CLT (1,5 s c) à 1 tour
7. Clemente Biondetti (I) L. De Filippis Maserati 4CLT 1603 (1,5 s c) 12 à 1 tour
8. Louis Rosier (F) Écurie Rosier Talbot T26 C 110001 (4,5) 2' 13,9" 13 à 2 tours
9. « B. Bira » (T) Scuderia Platè Maserati 4CLT 1607 (1,5 s c) à 2 tours
10. Reg Parnell (GB) Scuderia Ambrosiana Maserati 4CLT 1596 (1,5 s c) 17 à 2 tours
11. Philippe Étancelin (F) P. Étancelin Talbot T26 C 110008 (4,5) 2' 36,1" 15 à 2 tours
12. Piero Carini (I) P. Carini Maserati 4CLT 1608 (1,5 s c) 16 à 2 tours
RETIREMENTS
Juan Manuel Fangio (RA) A.C.A. Ferrari 166 FL (2,0 s c) 12 collision
Luigi Villoresi (I) Scuderia Ferrari Ferrari 166 FL (2,0 s c) 12 collision
Dorino Serafini (I) Scuderia Ferrari Ferrari 125 C (1,5 s c) 14
Felice Bonetto (I) Scuderia Milan Maserati 4CLT (1,5 s c)
Benedicto Campos (RA) A.C.A. Ferrari 166 C (2,0)
ALSO ENTERED
Eitel Cantoni (ROU) ? Maserati 4CLT (1,5 s c)
Pascual Puopolo (RA) San Isidoro Maserati 4CLT 1605 (1,5 s c)
Clemar Bucci (RA) ? Alfa Romeo 12C-37 (4,6 s c)
etc.
DID NOT APPEAR
Peter Whitehead (GB) P.N. Whitehead Ferrari 125 -10C (1,5 s c) back home
etc.
RACE FACTS
Leaders : Fangio (1-12), Ascari (13-37).
1er tour : Fangio, Ascari, Farina, Villoresi, González, Bonetto, Campos, Graffenried, Chiron, etc.

IV Copa Acción de San Lorenzo
Rosario 50 tours 140,800 km 22 janvier 1950
RESULTS
1. Luigi Villoresi (I) Scuderia Ferrari Ferrari 166 FL (2,0 s c) 1h 30' 51,6" (92,819 kmh)
2. Benedicto Campos (RA) A.C.A. Ferrari 166 C (2,0) à 1' 22,9"
3. Nino Farina (I) Dott G. Farina Maserati 4CLT 1609 (1,5 s c) à 1 tour
4. Reg Parnell (GB) Scuderia Ambrosiana Maserati 4CLT 1596 (1,5 s c) à 2 tours
5. Clemar Bucci (RA) ? Alfa Romeo 12C-37 (4,6 s c) à 3 tours
6. Philippe Étancelin (F) P. Étancelin Talbot T26 C 110008 (4,5) 13 à 3 tours
7. Froilán González (RA) ? Maserati 4CLT (1,5 s c) à 3 tours
8. Eitel Cantoni (ROU) ? Maserati 4CLT (1,5 s c) à 3 tours
9. Emmanuel de Graffenried (CH) Scuderia Platè Maserati 4CLT 1601 (1,5 s c) à 3 tours
RETIREMENTS
Juan Manuel Fangio (RA) A.C.A. Ferrari 166 FL (2,0 s c) 1 16 crash
Alberto Ascari (I) Scuderia Ferrari Ferrari 166 FL (2,0 s c) moteur
Dorino Serafini (I) Scuderia Ferrari Ferrari 125 C (1,5 s c)
Piero Taruffi (I) Ing P. Taruffi Maserati 4CLT 1610 (1,5 s c)
Clemente Biondetti (I) L. De Filippis Maserati 4CLT 1603 (1,5 s c)
Piero Carini (I) P. Carini Maserati 4CLT 1608 (1,5 s c)
etc.
ALSO ENTERED
« B. Bira » (T) Scuderia Platè Maserati 4CLT 1607 (1,5 s c)
Felice Bonetto (I) Scuderia Milan Maserati 4CLT (1,5 s c)
etc.
DID NOT APPEAR
Louis Chiron (MC) Helvetic Maserati 4CLT 1606 (1,5 s c) rallye de Monte Carlo
Louis Rosier (F) Écurie Rosier Talbot T26 C 110001 (4,5) rallye de Monte Carlo
etc.
RACE FACTS
Leaders : Fangio, Villoresi.
1er tour : Fangio, Ascari, Farina, Villoresi, Campos, etc.
NOTE
16 au départ

V Grande Prêmio de Interlagos
Interlagos ? tours ? km 28 mai 1950
RESULTS
1. Francisco Credentino (BR) Maserati (3,0 s c)
etc.
RETIREMENTS
« Raph » (F) R. Béthenod Talbot monoplace 90130 boîte

Quinta da Boa Vista
Boa Vista ? tours ? km 4 juin 1950
RESULTS
1. ? ? ?
etc.
RETIREMENTS

Grande Prêmio de la Gávea
la Gávea ? tours ? km 11 juin 1950
RESULTS
1. ? ? ?
etc.
RETIREMENTS

Boa Vista
Boa Vista ? tours ? km 24 septembre 1950
RESULTS
1. Chico Landi (BR) F. Landi Ferrari (2,0 s c)
etc.

Interlagos
Interlagos ? tours ? km 1er octobre 1950
RESULTS
etc.

Gran Premio de Paraná
Paraná ? tours ? km 12 novembre 1950
RESULTS
1. Juan Manuel Fangio (RA) A.C.A. Ferrari 166 FL (2,0 s c)
2. Froilán González (RA) A.C.A. Ferrari 166 FL (2,0 s c)
etc.

Gran Premio del Presidente Alessandri
Palma, Santiago de Chile ? tours ? km 18 décembre 1950
RESULTS
etc.
RETIREMENTS
Louis Rosier (F) A.C.A. Maserati 4CLT (1,5 s c)
etc.

500 Miles de Rafaela
Rafaela 92 tours 800,40 km 24 décembre 1950
RESULTS
1. Juan Manuel Fangio (RA) Anthony Lago Talbot T26C 110051 (4,5) 4h 32' 37,2" (177,097 kmh)
2. Louis Rosier (F) Anthony Lago Talbot T26C 110054 (4,5) à 1' 22,0"
3. Brosutti (RA) Mercedes-Benz SSK modificada à 9 tours
4. Sagreras (RA) Reo modificada à 13 tours
etc.
Pole position : Fangio 2' 31,2"
RETIREMENTS
Froilán González (RA) Anthony Lago Talbot T26C 110052 (4,5) 28 moteur
etc.

VI Grande Prêmio de Interlagos
Interlagos ? tours ? km 25 janvier 1951
RESULTS
etc.

V Gran Premio del General Juan Perón y de la Ciudad de Buenos Aires
Costanera, Buenos Aires ? tours 157,500 km 18 février 1951
RESULTS
1. Froilán González (RA) A.C.A. Ferrari 166 FL (2,0 s c) (100,337 kmh)
2. Hermann Lang (D) Daimler-Benz Mercedes-Benz W154/163 (3,0 s c)
3. Juan Manuel Fangio (RA) Daimler-Benz Mercedes-Benz W154/163 (3,0 s c)
4. Oscar Gálvez (RA) A.C.A. Ferrari 166 FL (2,0 s c)
5. ?
6. Karl Kling (D) Daimler-Benz Mercedes-Benz W154/163 (3,0 s c)
etc.
RETIREMENTS
etc.
OTHER ENTRIES
Clemar Bucci (RA) ? Alfa Romeo 12C-37 (4,6 s c)
Carlos Menditeguy (RA) O. Gálvez Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,8 s c)
Viannini (RA) Viannini Maserati 4CLT 1608 (1,5 s c)
Alfredo Pián (RA) Maserati 4CLT 1599 (1,5 s c)
Jorge Daponte (RA) Maserati 4CLT 1600 (1,5 s c)
etc.

V Gran Premio Extraordinario de Eva Duarte Perón
Costanera, Buenos Aires ? tours 157,500 km 25 février 1951
RESULTS
1. Froilán González (RA) A.C.A. Ferrari 166 FL (2,0 s c) (98,980 kmh)
2. Karl Kling (D) Daimler-Benz Mercedes-Benz W154/163 (3,0 s c)
3. Hermann Lang (D) Daimler-Benz Mercedes-Benz W154/163 (3,0 s c)
4. ? ? ?
5. Carlos Menditeguy (RA) O. Gálvez Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,8 s c)
etc.
RETIREMENTS
Juan Manuel Fangio (RA) Daimler-Benz Mercedes-Benz W154/163 (3,0 s c) moteur
Oscar Gálvez (RA) A.C.A. Ferrari 166 FL (2,0 s c)
etc.

Grande Prêmio de São Paulo
Interlagos ? tours ? km 13 (ou 20) mai 1951
RESULTS

5. Jean Achard (F) J. Achard Talbot T26C 110008 (4,5)
etc.
meilleur tour en course : Gino Bianco (Maserati) 3' 57,2"

VII Grande Prêmio de Interlagos
Interlagos ? tours ? km 13 janvier 1952
RESULTS
2. ? ? ?
3. Froilán González (RA) A.C.A. Ferrari 166 FL (2,0 s c)
4. ? ? ?
5. Chico Landi (BR) F. Landi Ferrari (2,0 s c)
etc.

XIII Grande Prêmio da Cidade de Rio de Janeiro
La Gávea 20 tours 165,750 km 20 janvier 1952
RESULTS
1. Froilán González (RA) A.C.A. Ferrari 166 FL (2,0 s c) 2h 27' 28,4"(81,255 kmh)
2. Chico Landi (BR) F. Landi Ferrari (2,0 s c)
3. Francisco Credentino (BR) ? Maserati 4CLT
4. Nello Pagani (I) & Felice Bonetto (I) Officine Maserati Maserati A6 GCS (2,0)
5. Rubén Abrunhosa (BR) Ferrari 125 (1,5 s c)
6. Pinheiro Pires (BR) P. Pires Talbot T26C 110008 (4,5)
7. Rosalvo Mansur (BR) ? Maserati
etc.
Pole position : Fangio 7' 03,0"
meilleur tour en course : Landi 7'11,6"
RETIREMENTS
Juan Manuel Fangio (RA) A.C.A. Ferrari 166 FL (2,0 s c) 2
Felice Bonetto (I) Scuderia Milan Maserati-Milan (1,5 s c) 3
Goes (BR) ? Maserati A6 GCS 2012 (2,0)
etc.
ALSO ENTERED
Manuel de Teffé (BR) Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,8 s c)
Francisco Marques (BR) ? Maserati
etc.
NOTE
14 au départ

Quinta da Boa Vista
Boa Vista 75 tours 150 km 3 février 1952
RESULTS
1. Juan Manuel Fangio (RA) A.C.A. Ferrari 166 FL (2,0 s c) 1h 42' 17,3" (87,987 kmh)
3. Rubén Abrunhosa (BR) Ferrari 125 (1,5 s c)
etc.
Pole position : Fangio 1' 12,7"
meilleur tour en course : Fangio 1' 16,4"
RETIREMENTS
Froilán González (RA) A.C.A. Ferrari 166 FL (2,0 s c)
Gino Bianco (BR) ? Maserati (3,0 x c) 50 collision
Pinheiro Pires (BR) P. Pires Talbot T26C 110008 (4,5) 50 collision
etc.
ALSO ENTERED
Manuel de Teffé (BR) Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,8 s c)
Francisco Marques (BR) ? Maserati
etc.
NOTE
12 au départ

VI Gran Premio del General Juan Perón y de la Ciudad de Buenos Aires
Parco Almirante Brown, Buenos Aires 36 ? tours 140,832 km 9 mars 1952
RESULTS
1. Juan Manuel Fangio (RA) A.C.A. Ferrari 166 FL (2,0 s c) 1h 17' 19,2" (109,576 kmh)
3. Chico Landi (BR) F. Landi Ferrari (2,0 s c)

9. Rubén Abrunhosa (BR) Ferrari 125 (1,5 s c)
etc.
Pole position : Fangio 2' 01,0" (116,717 kmh)
meilleur tour en course : Fangio 2' 29,5" (113,289 kmh)
RETIREMENTS
Peinetti (RA) Peinetti Talbot T26C 100004 (4,5) 6
André Simon (F) Équipe Gordini Gordini 15 0011 GC (1,5 s c) 3 moteur
Robert Manzon (F) Équipe Gordini Gordini 15 0012 GC (1,5 s c) 1 compresseur
etc.
OTHER ENTRIES
Clemar Bucci (RA) Alfa Romeo 12C-37 (4,6 s c)
Carlos Menditeguy (RA) Maserati 4CLT (1,5 s c)
Alfredo Pián (RA) Maserati 4CLT (1,5 s c)
Jorge Daponte (RA) Maserati 4CLT (1,5 s c)
Eitel Cantoni (ROU) Maserati 4CLT (1,5 s c)
Azdrúbal Bayardo (ROU) Maserati 4CLT (1,5 s c)
Nello Pagani (RA) Officine Maserati Maserati A6 GCM 2032 (2,0)
Rodriguez (BR) Bugatti 35B
Niemitz (BR) Alfa Romeo
Adolfo Schwelm Cruz (RA) Alfa Romeo
etc.

VI Gran Premio Extraordinario de Eva Duarte Perón
Parco Almirante Brown, Buenos Aires 30 ? tours 117,360 ? km 16 mars 1952
RESULTS
1. Juan Manuel Fangio (RA) A.C.A. Ferrari 166 FL (2,0 s c) 1h 17' 19,2" (109,576 kmh)
2. Carlos Menditeguy (RA) Ferrari 125 (1,5 s c)
3. Chico Landi (BR) F. Landi Ferrari (2,0 s c)
4. Alberto Crespo (RA) Peinetti Talbot T26C 100004 (4,5) à 1 tour
5. Benedicto Campos (RA)
etc.
Pole position : Fangio
meilleur tour en course : Fangio 2' 28,8" (113,853 kmh)
RETIREMENTS
André Simon (F) Équipe Gordini Gordini 15 0011 GC (1,5 s c)
Robert Manzon (F) Équipe Gordini Gordini 15 0012 GC (1,5 s c) 27 freins
etc.

Gran Premio de Uruguay
Piriápolis 65 tours 153,530 km 23 mars 1952
RESULTS
1. Juan Manuel Fangio (RA) A.C.A. Ferrari 166 FL (2,0 s c) 1h 28' 15,2" (103,732 kmh)
3. Robert Manzon (F) Équipe Gordini Gordini 15 0012 GC (1,5 s c) à 1' 13"
4. Carlos Menditeguy (RA) Ferrari 125 (1,5 s c)
5. André Simon (F) Équipe Gordini Gordini 15 0011 GC (1,5 s c)
6. Maurice Trintignant (F) Écurie Rosier Talbot T26C 110053 (4,5) à 2 tours

10. Louis Rosier (F) Écurie Rosier Ferrari 375-5 (4,5)
etc.
meilleur tour en course : Fangio 1' 17,7" (109,380 kmh)
RETIREMENTS
Yves Giraud-Cabantous (F) Écurie Rosier Talbot T26C 100001 (4,5) moteur
etc.
OTHER ENTRIES
« B. Bira » (T) Écurie Siam Maserati 4CLT / OSCA (4,5)
Eitel Cantoni (ROU) Maserati 4CLT (1,5 s c)
Azdrúbal Bayardo (ROU) Maserati 4CLT (1,5 s c)
Alberto Crespo (RA) Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,0 s c)
etc.

Gran Premio de Montevideo
Piriápolis 60 tours 141,720 km 30 mars 1952
RESULTS
1. Juan Manuel Fangio (RA) A.C.A. Ferrari 166 FL (2,0 s c) 20 tours en 27' 35,7"
3. Louis Rosier (F) Écurie Rosier Ferrari 375-5 (4,5)
4. Robert Manzon (F) Équipe Gordini Gordini 15 0012 GC (1,5 s c) à 1' 23"
5. Chico Landi (BR) F. Landi Ferrari (2,0 s c)
6. Onofre Marimón (RA) Ferrari 125 (1,5 s c)

9. Maurice Trintignant (F) Écurie Rosier Talbot T26C 110053 (4,5) à 1 tour
10. ? ? ?
11. André Simon (F) Équipe Gordini Gordini 15 0011 GC (1,5 s c) à 1 tour
etc.
RETIREMENTS
Yves Giraud-Cabantous (F) Écurie Rosier Talbot T26C 100001 (4,5) allumage
etc.
OTHER ENTRIES
« B. Bira » (T) Écurie Siam Maserati 4CLT / OSCA (4,5)
Alberto Crespo (RA) Alfa Romeo 8C-308 (3,0 s c)
etc.

#21 fines

fines

• 9,647 posts

Posted 16 October 2000 - 20:52

For the second time today...

... I'm speechless!

Full marks to you, Felix, and full marks to the NF!!!!

What a great place to be!!!!

#22 Felix Muelas

Felix Muelas

• 1,209 posts

Posted 16 October 2000 - 20:59

:blush: Felix

#23 Roger Clark

Roger Clark

• 7,503 posts

Posted 16 October 2000 - 22:21

To fill in some minor gaps from Felix’s list:

The Gran Premio del General Juan Perón 18th Feb 1951 was over 45 laps. The fastest lap was by Fangio at 64.1mph.

The Gran Premio Extraordinario de Eva Duarte Perón 25th February 1951 was also over 45 laps, presumably the same circuit. The fastest lap was by Gonzalez at 65.97mph

The first three of the Grande Prêmio de Interlagos 13th January 1952 were:
1 Fangio 1hr 40mins, 44.2 secs
2 F Marques, 1.5 Maserati 1:40:55.3
3 Gonzalez 1:42:59.3
Fastest lap was by Landi at 3’46.4”

A little more detail on the result of the Gran Premio del General Juan Perón 9th March 1952
1 Fangio 1:17:19.2
2 Gonzalez 1:17:19.4
3 Landi (Ferrari 1:19:16.5
4 Daponte (Maserati)
5 Cantoni (Maserati)
6 Menditeguy (Alfa Romeo)
7 Iventes (Maserati)
8 Niemitz (alfa romeo)
9 Abrunhosa (Ferrari)

Gran Premio Extraordinario de Eva Duarte Perón: my information is that Cantoni was 5th in a Maserati. Fontes was 6th, also in a Maserati
[p][Edited by Roger Clark on 10-16-2000]

#24 fines

fines

• 9,647 posts

Posted 16 October 2000 - 22:47

Feb 27, 1949, Mar del Plata:

4th Bizio (Alfa Romeo)
5th A. Fernández (Maserati)

Mar 20, 1949

4th Ascari (Maserati) (not DNF)

Un abrazo,;)

#25 Hans Etzrodt

Hans Etzrodt

• 3,188 posts

Posted 16 October 2000 - 23:28

Felix,
Thanks a great bunch. Now I can finally update my Fourties statistics. :)

Michael,
You wrote, "...without wanting to be disgraceful to him..."
I am fully aware of my mental limitations. The little knowledge I acquired, I am happy to share with the rest of you folks here. Read my signature at the end of each post. Admittedly, it is stolen from the Discovery Channel. :blush:

#26 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 80,066 posts

Posted 17 October 2000 - 01:34

Hans, you have this habit of dragging up threads we've all forgotten. Then getting more out of people.... where will it end?

#27 TonyKaye

TonyKaye

• 172 posts

Posted 17 October 2000 - 02:28

Felix,
Do you have the elapsed times and number of laps completed for most of these races. If not I can add most of that data and some fastest laps too if you're interested. Almost all of the Argentine races and a few in Brazil. Let me know what you need.

#28 Hans Etzrodt

Hans Etzrodt

• 3,188 posts

Posted 17 October 2000 - 03:49

Ray,
Before I place more of my own NEW questions here, I though to first check out the threads of the past. Off course, I can only pick what I consider as worthwhile and hope not to overlook some goodies.

I also think that the qualitative better threads, which appeal to most people here, have less chitchat. In other words, if we are able to raise the level a bit, we might attract more people; quality and depth before quantity. For me, TNF is the best chat room on the WWW and the only negative is that I spend way too much time here.[p][Edited by Hans Etzrodt on 10-17-2000]

#29 Darren Galpin

Darren Galpin

• 2,316 posts

Posted 17 October 2000 - 06:59

Felix - I think that I did send you that file, and the explanation for there being bits in Spanish and French is that it was mostly compiled by an acquaintance of mine who is French and lives in the south of France. My original post to this thread was an aim to expand on this information.....

;)

#30 Felix Muelas

Felix Muelas

• 1,209 posts

Posted 17 October 2000 - 09:50

OK, Darren. Point taken. Sorry for doubting!

So please consider my posting as an unintentional abuse of your material. But I am sure you do not mind!

Un abrazo,

Felix

#31 Darren Galpin

Darren Galpin

• 2,316 posts

Posted 17 October 2000 - 10:04

No abuse read in to it - I would have posted it all myself earlier if the thread hadn't died away! Thanks for doing it :)

#32 Barry Lake

Barry Lake

• 2,169 posts

Posted 17 October 2000 - 12:50

Originally posted by TonyKaye
Felix,
Do you have the elapsed times and number of laps completed for most of these races. If not I can add most of that data and some fastest laps too if you're interested. Almost all of the Argentine races and a few in Brazil. Let me know what you need.

Tony
Please proceed!
The more information, the better.

#33 fines

fines

• 9,647 posts

Posted 17 October 2000 - 15:03

Originally posted by Barry Lake
Tony
Please proceed!
The more information, the better.

ditto

#34 TonyKaye

TonyKaye

• 172 posts

Posted 17 October 2000 - 17:26

Barry and Fines,
I've located most of the elapsed times, race distaces, number of laps, some additional finishers etc in the Argentine races. But there is a lot more detail available including starting grids and some races that were omitted from Felix'/Darren's original list. Shall I post what I've done so far or wait until the whole thing is completed. It will take quite some time and I haven't even thought about Brazil, Uruguay and Chile.
I suppose the additional data ought to be incorporated into the original list. I would be happy to take on the task if the list is in a form which is compatible with my PC programs. I'll probably do this anyway just to keep my records up to date. Any thoughts on this Felix?
The alternative is for me to type out the new chunks and then for someone else to re-type them into the existing list. Seems like a lot of extra work.
Tony

#35 fines

fines

• 9,647 posts

Posted 17 October 2000 - 19:13

To continue Felix' story into 1953:

VII Gran Premio de la Ciudad de Buenos Aires

Parco Almirante Brown, 40 laps of 4.707 km (188.280 km), Feb 1, 1953

FP Driver	  Car Capacity	Laps   Time/Out	Speed	Grid  BPT

RESULTS

1. Farina	  Ferrari 2500	 40  1:36'52.9" (116.60 kph)   3  2'23"

2. Villoresi   Ferrari 2500	 40  1:36'53.0"				2  2'23"

3. Hawthorn	Ferrari 2500	 40  1:38'18.0"				4  2'23"

4. González	Maserati 2000	40  1:38'45.6"				6

5. Manzon	  Gordini 2000	 39  1'37'28.2"				9  2'26.8"

6. Gálvez	  Maserati 2000	39  1:37'46.2"			   14

RETIREMENTS

Bucci	   Alfa Romeo 4500  35  crankcase				 8

Marimón	 Ferrari 2000 s/c 35  engine				   17

Lopes	   Ferrari 2000 s/c 22  withdrawn, exhaust fumes 15

Behra	   Gordini 2000	 17  ?						13

Brown	   Cooper_Bristol	?  crankshaft			   18

Birger	  Gordini 1500	  5  engine				   16

Gamalero	Maserati 1500	 5  engine				   22

Schwelm	 Cooper_Bristol	5  engine				   19

Ascari	  Ferrari 4500	  2  con-rod				   1  2'20.2"

ALSO STARTED

Fangio	  Maserati 2000	 ?							5  2'24"

Bonetto	 Maserati 2000	 ?							7

Menditeguy  Gordini 2000	  ?						   10

Trintignant Gordini 2000	  ?						   11

Mieres	  Alfa Romeo 3800   ?						   12

Fortunati   Maserati 1500	 ?						   20

Barber	  Cooper_Bristol	?						   21

Crespo	  Alfa Romeo 2300   ?						   23

Ciscar	  Talbot 4500	   ?						   24

FASTEST LAP

Farina	  Ferrari 2500	  3  2'22.0" (119.33 kph)

GRID

4*3, l to r

RACE FACTS

Lap 1: Villoresi, Ascari, González, Farina, Hawthorn, Bucci

Lap 5: Villoresi, Farina, Hawthorn, González, Fangio

Lap 15: Farina, Villoresi (- 4"), Hawthorn, Bucci, Fangio, González

Pitstop: Fangio, accelerator pedal
Tony, I for one can't wait to see what you've found. Don't know about Barry, but we had this theme already: If everyone waited until he had everything just perfect then nobody would ever go on to publish anything. Better incomplete than not at all! :shivering with anticipation:

#36 Boniver

Boniver

• 589 posts

Posted 17 October 2000 - 19:36

23.02.47 Rosario
also start : Juan Galves – Arg
Pascual Puoppolo – Arg
Pablo Luis Bizio – Arg
Pablo Luis Pessatti – Arg
18.02.51 Juan Peron
5° Pian Maserati
start : Hermann – Dt – Mercedes
24.02.51 Eva
4° Daponte – Maserati
?. ?.51 Parana GP
1° Fangio Ferrari Team Arg 166
2° Gonzales Ferrari Team Arg 166
? . ?.51 Santiago Chile
16.03.52 Eva
start : Pagani – Maserati

there was also a GP (FL) in Buenos Airos in 53 – 54 – 56 – 57 – 58 and 60

#37 Boniver

Boniver

• 589 posts

Posted 17 October 2000 - 19:45

23.02.47 Rosario
also start : Juan Galves – Arg
Pascual Puoppolo – Arg
Pablo Luis Bizio – Arg
Pablo Luis Pessatti – Arg
18.02.51 Juan Peron
5° Pian Maserati
start : Hermann – Dt – Mercedes
24.02.51 Eva
4° Daponte – Maserati
?. ?.51 Parana GP
? . ?.51 Santiago Chile
16.03.52 Eva
start : Pagani – Maserati

there was also a GP (FL) in Buenos Airos in 53 – 54 – 56 – 57 – 58 and 60

#38 Roger Clark

Roger Clark

• 7,503 posts

Posted 17 October 2000 - 20:10

The Buenos Aires raceon 1st Feb 1953 was also notable for a demonstration by the Flat 12 Cisitalia or Porsche 360, by this time known as the Autoar. Driven by Felice bonetto, the engine was started and a solid cloud of white pungent smoke poured out. Bonetto did one slow lap and pulled in having used about two gallons of oil.

Was Birger, who drove a Gordini in the race, the same as Georges Berger, queried by Don Capps in another thread?

#39 Felix Muelas

Felix Muelas

• 1,209 posts

Posted 17 October 2000 - 20:31

Tony,

Your suggestion is an excellent one. By the number of things that have appeared here in the last 24 hours or so, it looks to me like we really need a stop-and-go!

So, everybody, let´s Tony do a "merge" of everything that has suddenly appeared, include the data and races he has, and produce a new file.

That will show also what´s missing, and we will be able to focus on looking for it!

BTW, I thing this is another of those items that prove beyond reasonable doubt that this NF is well above what we (honestly) expected a year ago...

When are we starting the N-files? ;)

Felix

Advertisement

#40 Felix Muelas

Felix Muelas

• 1,209 posts

Posted 17 October 2000 - 20:35

Originally posted by Roger Clark
Was Birger, who drove a Gordini in the race, the same as Georges Berger, queried by Don Capps in another thread?

Well, it might be, but odds are against.:(

It looks like if Birger was Argentinean driver Pablo Birger, that shown in both Argentine Grand Prix in 1953 and 1955 driving for the Equipe Gordini.

Felix

#41 Felix Muelas

Felix Muelas

• 1,209 posts

Posted 17 October 2000 - 20:44

Minor thing in the middle of all this : there might be some words that are spelt wrongly, and it will take me not too long to spot them. "Parco" for instance, is a wrong spelling of "Parque" and so on."Gonzales" should be spelt "González" and there is a couple of accents in many names that, having the possibility of respecting them, we should!

So let´s keep in mind doing a quite simple editing job at some later stage...I volunteer for the spanish part, and I suspect that our best shot at Brazilian might be Darren´s lovely girlfriend, Alessandra...

Darren?

;)
Felix

#42 Boniver

Boniver

• 589 posts

Posted 17 October 2000 - 21:54

Roger

Now
Pablo Birger was RA
Georges Berger was Bel

Boniver

#43 fines

fines

• 9,647 posts

Posted 17 October 2000 - 22:16

Felix, I agree with you on the accents. While it might be a nuisance to most of the standard keyboard users, I for one am definitely interested in the correct spelling. Just as with the German F2 driver of the 50s whose actual name is Fritz Rieß (not Riess)!

#44 TonyKaye

TonyKaye

• 172 posts

Posted 17 October 2000 - 23:12

The following is the result of my first pass through the data. More to come.

Palermo 9 Feb 1947
Villoresi 1.04'11" 50 laps
Varzi 1.04'12" 50
Landi 1.04'38" 49
Palmieri 1.04'43" 48
Pessatti 1.04'53" 48

Palermo 16 Feb 1947
Villoresi 1.05'09" 50
Pessatti 1.05'27" 50
Palmieri 1.06'11" 50
Bizio 1.06'08" 48
Landi 1.06'23" 47

Rosario 23 Feb 1947
I have a different order for positions 3 through 5.
Varzi 1.33'03.6" 50
Villoresi 1.33'04" 50
Oscar Galvez 1.33'16" 49
Francisco Landi Alfa Romeo (3.8 sc) 1.34'17" 48
Juan Galvez Alfa Romeo (3.0 sc) 1.34'41" 47
I'd say that the inclusion of Fangio in this race is extremely doubtful.

Palermo 18 Jan 1948
Villoresi 40'57.1" 15
Varzi 41'28.7" 15
Puopolo 41'45.7" 15
Fangio 43'14.3" 15
5. Andres Fernandez Maserati 6CM (1.5 sc) 14 laps
I believe Fangio drove a 4CL Maserati, not a 4CLT.

Farina 15 laps
Galvez 15
Landi 15
Victorio (not Vittorio) Rosa Maserati (1.5 sc)
Other entries. Add Eitel Cantoni (Uruguay) Maserati (1.5 sc)

Landi 1.12'24" 25 laps
ANDRES Fernandez Maserati (1.5 sc) 1.13'31" 24
Ruggeri 1.14'15" 24
Victorio Rosa 1.14'55" 23
Fastest lap: Villoresi 2'37.4" 111.270 kph

Mar del Plata 25 Jan 1948
5. Fangio 4CL I think, not 4CLT
7. Andres Fernandez

Rosario 1 Feb 1948
Wimille 50 laps
Landi 1.34'17" 50
Villoresi 1.32'18" 48
PEDRO LLANO (not Llano) Maserati (1.5 sc) 1.33'33" 48
Cantoni Maserati (1.5 sc) 1.33'35" 46
Bizio Maserati (1.5 sc) 46 laps
Andres Fernandez Maserati (1.5 sc) 45 laps

Palermo 14 Feb 1948
I have Raph in a 1.5 sc Maserati, not an Alfa Romeo.
Firpo's first name was Fortunatti. Actually that was his second name, but that's what he preferred to be known as.
Raph 2.16'02" 48 laps
Pessatti 2.15'34" 47
Firpo Maserati (1.5 sc) 2.16'14" 47
Sorry, can't help with seventh place.

Palermo 30 Jan 1949
Ascari and Villoresi had 1750 cc 4CLT Maseratis, not 1500.
Adriano Malusardi was 7th, Benedicto Campos was 8th.
Villoresi 1.31'04" 35 laps
Galvez 1.32'55" 35
Fangio 1.30'25" 34
Bira 1.31'28" 31
6. Victorio Rosa
7. Adriano Malusardi Maserati
8. Benedicto Campos
Fastest lap; should be 2'32.4", not 2'38.4", but the speed in kph is correct.
Other entries: add Ernesto Tornquist (RA). Yeah, I know he doesn't sound Argentinian, but he was. I don't know what car he drove.

Palermo 6 Feb 1949
Distance should be 30 laps, 145.95 kph.
Galvez' average speed should be 96.160 kph.
Galvez 1.31'04" 30 laps
Fangio 1.31'41" 28
Cantoni Maserati (1.5 sc) 1.31'33" 27
Adriano (not Antonio) Malusardi 1.32'50" 27
Bira 1.34'19 27

Rosario 13 Feb 1949
Parnell 1.48'50" 50 laps
Ascari 1.50'10" 50
Villoresi 1.48'54" 49
Campos 1.48'26" 48

Mar del Plata 27 Feb 1949
35 laps is correct
Italo Bizio was 4th, Andres Fernandez was 5th.
Bira 1.18'02" 34 laps
Galvez 1.17'37" 33
Italo Bizio Alfa Romeo (2.9 sc) 1.16'45" 31
Andres Fernandez Maserati (1.5 sc) 1.16'51" 31
Other entries: ADRIANO Malusardi (Better get his name right, the poor fellow had a fatal crash during the race.)
Fastest lap: Villoresi 2'05" 116.402 kph

Palermo 18 Dec 1949
I have Emmanuel de Graffenried in 5th place, maybe Gonzalez finished 6th. I have more searching to do.
Ascari 1.29'??" 35 laps
Fangio 1.29'26" 35
Villoresi 1.30'38" 35
Campos 1.29'58" 34
Emmanuel de Graffenried Maserati (1.5 sc) 1.31'18" 31
Fangio's fastest lap was at 117.386 kph.

Palermo 8 Jan 1950
Serafini 1.18'46" 30 laps
Bucci 1.18'48" 30
Fangio 1.19'01" 30
Bonetto 1.19'29" 30
Fastest lap: Villoresi 2'28.4" 118.018 kph

Mar del Plata 15 Jan 1950
Farina 1.21'04" 37 laps
Taruffi 1.21'09" 37
Chiron 1.22'13" 36
de Graffenfied 1.22'35" 36
Fastest lap: Villoresi 2'04.7" 116.705 kph

Rosario 22 Jan 1950
Campos 1.32'14" 50 laps
Farina 1.31'42" 49 laps
Parnell 1.30'57" 48
Bucci 1.30'56" 47
Fastest lap: Fangio 1'43.6" 97.712 kph

Parana 12 Nov 1950
I can add positions 3 through 5.
Race distance was 30 laps 83.4 km.
1. Fangio 1.06'50" 30 laps 74.872 kph
2. Gonzalez 1.07'32" 30
3. Alfredo Pian Maserati (1.5 sc) 1.08'37" 29
4. Onofre Marimon Maserati (1.5 sc) 1.08'39" 29
5. Hector Niemiz Alfa-Romeo (3.2 sc) 1.08'55" 29
Fastest lap: Fangio 1'52.6" 88.098 kph

Rafaela 24 Dec 1950
I haven't found this race yet, but I'm sure I have it.

Buenos Aires 18 Feb 1951
The race was 45 laps. Original distance is correct.
Alfredo Pian was 5th.
Gonzalez 1.35'18" 45 laps
Lang 1.35'35" 45
Fangio 1.36'10" 45
Galvez 1.36'25" 44
5. Alfredo Pian Maserati (1.5 sc) 1.36'55" 44
Fastest lap: Fangio 2'02.4" 103.109 kph

Buenos Aires 25 Feb 1951
This race was also 45 laps.
Jorge Daponte was 4th.
Gonzalez 1.35'40" 45 laps
Kling 1.37'53" 45
Lang 1.36'30" 43
4. Jorge Daponte Maserati (1.5 sc) 1.37'55" 43
Menditeguy 1.14'32" 35
Fastest lap: 2'00.4" 104.982 kph

Buenos Aires 9 Mar 1952
30 laps, not 36. Distance is correct.
Jorge Daponte was 4th, Eitel Cantoni was 5th.
Gonzalez 1.17'19.4" 30 laps
Landi 1.19'16" 30
4. Jorge Daponte Maserati (1.5 sc) 1.18'03" 29
5. Eitel Cantoni Maserati (1.5 sc) 1.18'47" 29

Buenos Aires 16 Mar 1952
30 laps is correct, but the distance should be 140.832 km.
I have Eitel Cantoni in 5th place, not Benedicto Campos.
Fangio 1.15'23" 30 laps 112.369 kph
Menditeguy 1.17'39" 30
Landi 1.15'29" 29
Crespo 1.17'13" 29
5. Eitel Cantoni Maserati (1.5 sc) 1.18'19" 29

#45 Hans Etzrodt

Hans Etzrodt

• 3,188 posts

Posted 18 October 2000 - 01:09

Tony,
Thanks very much. When I dug out this old thread I had hoped it would be popular with the newer members. I am pleasantly surprised at the response and about the excellent information contributed from all corners of the world, putting together the Forties mosaic.

#46 TonyKaye

TonyKaye

• 172 posts

Posted 18 October 2000 - 01:25

Here's my second pass of the data.

Palermo 6 Feb 1949
6. Alberto Ascari Maserati (1.5 sc) 25 laps
Fastest lap: Villoresi 2'50.7"

Rosario 13 Feb 1949
Fastest lap Villoresi: 2'02" 83 kph

Palermo 18 Dec 1949
Ascari 1.29'00" 35
I have found yet another alternative version of positions 5-7.
5. Gonzalez
6. Bira
7. de Graffenried

Parana 12 Nov 1950
I have a lot more data, so I'll re-type this race.
Gran Premio de Parana
Parana 30 laps 83.4 km 12 November 1950
RESULTS
1. Juan Manuel Fangio (RA) A.C.A. Ferrari 166 FL (2.0 sc)
1.06'50" 30 laps 74.872 kph
2. Froilan Gonzalez (RA) A.C.A. Ferrari 166 FL (2.0 sc)
1.07'32" 30
3. Alfredo Pian Maserati (1.5 sc) 1.08'37" 29
4. Onofre Marimon Maserati (1.5 sc) 1.08'39" 29
5. Hector Niemitz (Paraguay) Alfa Romeo (3.2 sc) 1.08'55" 29
6. Adolfo Schwelm Cruz Alfa Romeo (2.3 sc)
7. Pedro Llano Simca-Gordini
8. Roberto Mieres Simca-Gordini
OTHER ENTRIES
Victorio Rosa Maserati (1.5 sc)
Fastest lap: Fangio 1'52.6" 88.098 kph

Same applies to the next race.
Gran Premio del Presidente Alessandri
Palma, Santiago de Chile, 60 laps 135 km 18 December 1950
RESULTS
1. Juan Manuel Fangio (RA) A.C.A. Ferrari 166 FL (2.0 sc)
60 laps
2. Froilan Gonzalez (RA) A.C.A. Ferrari 166 FL (2.0 sc)
60 laps
3. Eitel Cantoni Maserati (1.5 sc)
4. Bartholome Ortiz Saenz (Chile) Simca-Gordini
5. Pascual Puopolo Maserati (1.5 sc)
6. Onofre Marimon Maserati (1.5 sc)
Fastest lap: not available
RETIREMENTS
Louis Rosier (F) A.C.A. Maserati 4CLT (1.5 sc) lap 6
OTHER ENTRIES
Suarez (Bolivia) Maserati (1.5 sc)
Alfredo Pian Maserati (1.5 sc)
Carlos Menditeguy Maserati (1.5 sc)
Ismael Lopez (Chile) Simca-Gordini
Alberto Crespo (RA) Plymouth
Jose Lopez Chevrolet

Buenos Aires 18 Feb 1951
Kling 44 laps

Boa Vista 3 Feb 1952
Fastest lap: Fangio 1'16.4" 94 kph
ALSO ENTERED
Nello Pagani (Italy)
Annuar de Goies Daquer ??? (BR)

Buenos Aires 9 Mar 1952
I've found the missing places!
6. Carlos Menditeguy (RA) Maserati 4CLT (1.5 sc) 28 laps
7. Asdrubal Fontes (ROU) Maserati (1.5 sc) 28 laps
8. Hector Niemitz (BR)?? Alfa Romeo (3.2 sc) 27
9. Ruben Abrunhosa (BR) Ferrari 125 (1.5 sc) 27
OTHER ENTRIES
Adolfo Schwelm Cruz (RA) Alfa Romeo 2.3 sc)
Alberto Crespo Talbot (4.5)
Francisco Marques (BR) Maserati (1.5 sc)
Pinheiro Pires Ferrari (1.5 sc)

Buenos Aires 16 Mar 1952
I now have 2 sources with Cantoni 5th.

Piriapolis 23 Mar 1952
More missing places found.
7. Francisco Marques
8. Jorge daponte
9. Nello Pagani
11. Asdrubal Fontes

Piriapolis 30 Mar 1952
Gonzalez 27'54.6"
Rosier 28'33.5"
Manzon 28'58.0"
Landi 29'02.8"
7. Francisco Marques
8. Alberto Crespo (RA) Alfa-Romeo 8C-308 (3.0 sc)

More to come.

#47 Hans Etzrodt

Hans Etzrodt

• 3,188 posts

Posted 18 October 2000 - 03:30

Thanks, Toni, I'll put it on my hard drive for now.

#48 Darren Galpin

Darren Galpin

• 2,316 posts

Posted 18 October 2000 - 06:58

Right, a couple of spellings:

Piriápolis
Paraná

And I'll talk nicely to Alessandra tonight for the others.....

#49 TonyKaye

TonyKaye

• 172 posts

Posted 18 October 2000 - 18:25

More boring details of the South American FL races 1946-52

Palermo 18 Jan 1948
Heat 1
Fernandez 42'05.8
Fastest lap: Villoresi 2'39.5 109.805 kph
Heat 2
2. Galvez 40'50.1" 15 laps
3. Landi 41'34.5" 15
4. Ruggeri 43'33.1" 15
5. Rosa 40'37.4" 14
6. Bizio 43'06.8" 14
7. Raph 41'26.3" 13
8. Plate 41'31.7" 12
Fastest lap: Farina 2'37.6" 111.129 kph
Note Bizio Alfa Romeo (3.2 sc)
Final
Landi 1.12'24.6" 25
Fernandez 1.13'31.3" 24
Ruggeri 1.14'15.1" 24
Rosa 1.14'55.3" 23
Raph 1.14'20.3" 21
Retirements
Varzi lap 2
Fangio lap 4
Plate lap 2
Bizio lap 3
Galvez lap7
Farina lap 3

Mar del Plata 27 Feb 1949
6. Ernesto Tornquist (RA) Maserati (1.5 sc)
7. Alberto Ascari Maserati (1.5 sc)
8. Luigi Villoresi Maserati (1.5 sc)

Palermo 18 Dec 1949
1. Ascari 1.29'00.2" 35 laps
2. Fangio 1.29'26.4" 35
3. Villoresi 1'30'38.3" 35
4. Campos 1.29'58.2" 34
5. Gonzalez 1.31'18.2" 34
6. Bira 1.31'35.8" 34
7. Graffenried 1.29'37.9" 33
8. Serafini 1.30'21.1" 33
9. Biondetti 1.31'24.0" 33
10. Whitehead 1.29'53.8" 32
De Graffenried and Biondetti had 1.7 liter (not 1.5) Maseratis.

Mar del Plata 15 Jan 1950
Ascari 1.20'45.3" 37 laps
Farina 1.21'04.8" 37
Taruffi 1.21'09.1" 37
Chiron 1.22'13.0" 36
Graffenroed 1.22'35.8" 36
Gonzalez 1.22'49.5" 36
Biondetti 1.22'55.1" 36
Rosier 1.21'16.0" 35
Bira 1.22'01.8" 35
Parnell 1.22'05.1" 35
Etancelin 35 laps

Rosario 22 Jan 1950
Villoresi 1.30'51.6" 50
Campos 1.31'14.5" 50
Farina 1.31'41.5" 49
Parnell 1.30'57.0" 48
Bucci 1.30'56.4" 47
Etancelin 1.31'35.4" 47
Gonzalez 1.31'33.3" 47
Something wrong with 2 above, I'll check it.
Cantoni 47 laps
Graffenried 47 laps
10. Pascual Puopolo 1.31'39.3" 44

Piriapolis 23 Mar 1952
2. Landi 1.29'??.3 65 laps
3. Manzon 1.29'38.1" 64
4. Menditeguy 1.28'37.2" 63
5. Simon 1.29'09.0" 63
6. Trintignant 1.28'34.6" 62
7. Marques (BR) 1.28'36.2" 62
8. Daporte (RA) 1.29'06.3" 60
9. Pagani 1.28'57.7" 58
10. Rosier 1.28'55.8" 57
11. Fontes (ROU) 1.28'23.7" 56
Marques Ferrari (2.0 sc)
Daporte Maserati (1.5 sc)
Pagani Maserati (2.0 sc?)
Fontes Maserati (1.5 sc)

Before combining all this data together, all that is left is to detail the 10 races which I have discovered, which were not in the original list.

#50 Hans Etzrodt

Hans Etzrodt

• 3,188 posts

Posted 18 October 2000 - 19:28

Thank you, Tony. This is not boring at all. I will plug it all in my system and fill the gaping holes.
Thank you. :)