Photo

Historic race meetings, 2011

• Please log in to reply
595 replies to this topic

#1 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:39

Rather than open a new thread for every historic race meeting, I thought it may be useful to have a thread on which to post general information about some lower-profile meetings - no doubt the big festivals will still comand threads of their own. So, to kick off, here is the HSCC's press release about thier F3 meeting at Cadwell on the Easter Bank Holiday weekend. Sounds like a good programme at a great venue.

News from the Historic Sports Car Club
Friday 25 February 2011

Formula 3 to be celebrated at Cadwell Park
The history of the Formula 3 category will be celebrated at Cadwell Park this Easter when the Historic Sports Car Club organises the Wolds Trophy Meeting at the Lincolnshire venue (Sunday/Monday 24/25 April).

This new two-day historic meeting will feature six races for Formula 3 cars, spanning thirty years of the category from the early post-war period through to the Ayrton Senna era of the early 1980s. Right through those decades, Cadwell Park was an important date on the Formula 3 schedule.
Launched today at Race Retro, the International Historic Motorsport Show, the Wolds Trophy is designed to be an annual historic festival for Cadwell Park to match existing high-profile race meetings at the other MotorSport Vision venues of Brands Hatch, Oulton Park and Snetterton.
As well as a full programme of saloon car, sports car and single-seater racing from the HSCC, the Wolds Trophy will host six races covering four generations of Formula 3 car. Through history, Formula 3 has been the most successful proving ground for future Grand Prix drivers, with drivers like Ayrton Senna, Jackie Stewart, James Hunt, Damon Hill, David Coulthard and Jenson Button all establishing their reputation in Formula 3.
In action over two days of racing at Easter will be cars from the 500cc Owners’ Association for the cars from the late 1940s. These spectacular motorbike-engined cars will make a rare visit to Cadwell Park for two races in their season-long schedule. It was this category that was instrumental in the start of car racing at Cadwell Park when, in 1953, a grid of 500cc F3 cars was added to a traditional motorbike meeting. Sir Stirling Moss OBE first made his name racing this type of car soon after the Second World War.
Moving on an era will be two races for the Peter Hanson Trophy for 1000cc Formula 3 cars, the category that thrilled fans with incredibly close racing from 1964 to 1970. Then, to take the story through the 1970s will be two races for the HSCC Classic F3 Championship for the 1600cc and 2-litre F3 cars
In addition, the meeting will feature two races for Formula Junior cars, representing the class that took over from F3 as the major international junior single-seater category between 1959 and 1963.
“I’m delighted that the HSCC has chosen Cadwell Park for its Formula 3 celebration event,” said Jonathan Palmer, Chief Executive of MotorSport Vision. “Cadwell has a long association with F3, as 500cc motorcycle-engined Formula 3 machines were the first cars to compete at the circuit in the 1950s. It’s a fantastic driver’s circuit, oozing with character, and an exhilarating place to drive an F3 car. I have fond memories of winning there in 1981, and of Ayrton Senna crashing at the Mountain in 1983! It’s also a fantastic opportunity for spectators to enjoy some wonderful period machinery in a period circuit environment - no doubt it’s going to be a fabulous weekend.”

For more details about the HSCC, please visit http://www.hscc.org.uk/

Advertisement

#2 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:43

Great idea Alan. Re Cadwell, I've heard that there is going to be a trophy in memory of Justin Haler awarded as part of the 1-litre F3 events at the meeting. :up:

#3 Pink Snail

Pink Snail

• 521 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:49

Ta for that Alan, looks like a great do at Cadwell and accessible to the folk who live over that side of the country! Donington are having their first Historic Festival over the Bank Holiday weekend at the end of April, and the full calendar for the FIA Historic F1 championship is now completed, and can be seen at www.historicformulaone.com. The Brands Hatch Superprix weekend at the beginningof July, although clashing with Goodwood FOS, is another great opportunity to get up close to the action without massive crowds. Hope this adds to the list of events that is growing as every day dawns. The Historic scene is looking good in 2011 and value for money. GP C, F5000, F1, F2, F3, 60s/70s/80s Saloons ...the list goes on. I will add to this the ever popular Masters Racing Series which holds the Silverstone Classic in July and the Monaco Historique is another good one I haven`t sampled yet!! PHEW!!

#4 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:54

I will add to this the ever popular Masters Racing Series which holds the Silverstone Classic in July and the Monaco Historique is another good one I haven`t sampled yet!! PHEW!!

http://www.themaster...r_Cross_ref.pdf

#5 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:03

News about one of the star turns scheduled to appear at the Oulton Park Masters meeting on the 12th March - in a slightly unusual choice of vehicle!

Former F1 driver to race at inaugural Oulton Park Masters Festival - Roberto Moreno to race Mini Cooper S in Pre-66 Touring Cars
24/02/2011 - Former F1 racer and F3000 champion Roberto Moreno is to make his historic motor sport debut when he races at the Oulton Park Masters Festival and Top Hat Raceday on Saturday 12 March.
Moreno, who raced for Lotus, AGS, Coloni, EuroBrun, Benetton, Jordan, Minardi, Andrea Moda and Forti during his time in F1, will share Masters prime-mover Ron Maydons Mini Cooper S in the Pre-66 Touring Car race at the historic Cheshire circuit.
"We really are delighted that Roberto wants to come and race with us," said Top Hat Event Manager James Beckett. "His enthusiasm is just incredible and I am sure that we will see him doing a lot of racing with us this season. He has his eyes on a Formula 1 car, but the Cooper S will be something very different for him at Oulton Park and I am sure that he will be very competitive. It will be great to have him racing at Oulton Park after a break of nearly 30 years."
Although Moreno has raced with a roof over his head before, in the Italian and French touring car championships, racing the Cooper S will be a step into the unknown. He said: "I have been looking at racing in historic events for some time and I really like what Masters has to offer. I really like the way it offers lots of different races for competitors through the wide number of categories that are available. I have never raced on the full circuit and never raced a Mini so it will be whole new experience!"
Roberto last raced at Oulton Park in August 1982 when he finished eighth in a British Formula 3 Championship race in his Ralt RT3-Alfa Romeo.
The Masters Festival and Top Hat Raceday will also features races for Sportscar Masters, Gentlemen Drivers Pre-66 GT cars, Oldies but Goldies 50s saloons, 1970s Celebration race and Formula Ford 1600.

Tickets for the Masters Festival and Top Hat Raceday are now on sale from £16 for adults, with free entry for children aged 12 and under. For more information call 0843 453 9000 or click on the link http://ticket.motors...op-hat-op-.aspx.

#6 john ruston

john ruston

• 1,019 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:49

Masters is only part of Silverstone Festival but doesn't run it.Legends,Pre 63,GTSCC,HSCC etc are all included.

No Pre War race so not much of a Festival.You can see the Abarth,are they famous,race

No Historics at Monaco or Le Mans Classic this year.

Just lift full Historic Calender from other place.

Interesting where it is all going.

#7 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:57

Interesting where it is all going.

There is an interesting power struggle going on between new & old promotors of historic motor sport with disgruntled entrants/competitors stuck in the middle. Like everywhere else, the times they are a changing. :|

Edited by Giraffe, 27 February 2011 - 11:57.

#8 john ruston

john ruston

• 1,019 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:12

Tony-A few are already voting with their feet and reducing or pulling out.

The Peter Auto thing at Spa clashing with the normal Masters day at Brands is stupid.

There is only a finite number of entrants and all these organisers running events for same machines is plain daft.

Even VSCC is not immune from brain fade by organizing a Donington Meeting two weeks after Doningtons own festival knowing it was on.

Why not stick to See Red date in September which was available and forget about Wales.had no trouble forgetting Oulton!

There is a lot to be said for Goodwood and doing their own thing.

#9 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:23

There is a lot to be said for Goodwood and doing their own thing.

I can see what you are saying here John as the rest of the show is starting to look like a dog's breakfast. :well:

Here is the HSCC's provisional calendar for 2011. I've yet to interface all of 2011's proposed historic events................ :eek:

http://www.hscc.org....lendar 2011.pdf

#10 Phil Rainford

Phil Rainford

• 5,302 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:28

There is only a finite number of entrants and all these organisers running events for same machines is plain daft.

Spot on :up:

PAR

#11 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:36

Interesting to read John's insider's view of the calendar. I do feel very sorry for owners of pre-war machinery who don't want to be thrown in amongst the 'specials' - they have precious few opportunities to do so nowadays. Even the HGPCA expects them to take their chance with pre-'61 GP cars. ERAs and P3 Alfas racing against Cooper T51s doesn't do it for me.

#12 gio66

gio66

• 1,431 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:48

The Imola's website is mentioned an unspecified Historic Classic Grand Prix (8-9 october).

Anyone have more infos?

#13 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 13:13

The Imola's website is mentioned an unspecified Historic Classic Grand Prix (8-9 october).
Anyone have more infos?

I believe it's one of the Auto Storiche series, so, presumably, will feature their various classes, but I see that it is titled the "Luigi Musso Historic Grand Prix" and claims to cover the period 1940-1985
http://www.gruppoper...723305605817586

#14 Eric Dunsdon

Eric Dunsdon

• 1,021 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 13:30

Interesting to read John's insider's view of the calendar. I do feel very sorry for owners of pre-war machinery who don't want to be thrown in amongst the 'specials' - they have precious few opportunities to do so nowadays. Even the HGPCA expects them to take their chance with pre-'61 GP cars. ERAs and P3 Alfas racing against Cooper T51s doesn't do it for me.

I couldnt agree more Alan. It just doesnt look right. As Mr Growser of Toy Town used to say "Its a disgrace, it shouldnt be allowed!".

#15 gio66

gio66

• 1,431 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 13:51

I believe it's one of the Auto Storiche series, so, presumably, will feature their various classes, but I see that it is titled the "Luigi Musso Historic Grand Prix" and claims to cover the period 1940-1985
http://www.gruppoper...723305605817586

Thank you Alan.

A decade ago there was the Trofeo Ascari with the TGP's F1 cars. I'd like to see them again on the riverside of Santerno.

Edited by gio66, 27 February 2011 - 13:52.

#16 Sharman

Sharman

• 5,284 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 17:19

There is another Peter Auto date clash as Pau Historic is 14/15 May as is Silverstone. Calendar is becoming too crowded. I was initialluy pleased that Monaco and Pau were to alternate but as the greater number of entrants appear to be UK based there now don't seem to be enough to go round.

Edited by Sharman, 27 February 2011 - 17:20.

#17 Pink Snail

Pink Snail

• 521 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 18:33

Thanks for putting me right on a few things guys!!! :rolleyes: I am also aware of various organisers getting crossed with each other in the calendar and also of drivers getting bored with the political goings - on with the historic side of the sport. All being well, things will get sorted out and we will see full grids and be happy where ever we go to see the cars and drivers.
What we do have on offer is worth going to see, and it is a shame that certain meetings have had to disappear in 2011 :| , hopefully to return when the various organisers work together to ensure no double dating takes place robbing one venue for another just to put a show on.
The main events will probably sail through comfortably and the others, if attended well will show that they are value for money for the man on the viewing side of the fence!!

#18 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 18:50

The CSCC calendar............

http://www.classicsp...uk/calendar.htm

& Peter Auto calendar 2011............

http://www.classicen...orique_2011.pdf

Edited by Giraffe, 27 February 2011 - 18:57.

#19 gio66

gio66

• 1,431 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 19:15

& Peter Auto calendar 2011............

http://www.classicen...orique_2011.pdf

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

GREAT!!!

I'll be in pole position at Imola!!!

Advertisement

#20 elansprint72

elansprint72

• 4,029 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 23:24

Pass the AK47, Comrade...

I can't help thinking that there are just too many old car events these days. This seems to have happened since the money-men took our old-car sport away from the ordinary blokes who used to run whatever Gramps had in his shed, or marshal, or just spectate at these amateurish events not that long ago.

I blame Margaret Thatcher. :mad:

#21 TEJ

TEJ

• 85 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:22

The Vintage Racing Club of British Columbia (Vancouver, Canada) will be holding their annual British Columbia Historic Motor Races at Mission Raceway Park (east of Vancouver) on June 11 and 12 this year. Further information may be found on www.vrcbc.ca

#22 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 14:28

Plenty of opportunities to catch some testing before the Masters meeting at Oulton Park on Saturdy 12th March: Wednesday 9th March - Mallory Park general testing, Thursday 10th March - Donington Park Masters test day, Friday 11th March - Oulton Park general testing.

#23 Auroraf1

Auroraf1

• 367 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 14:37

Plenty of opportunities to catch some testing before the Masters meeting at Oulton Park on Saturdy 12th March: Wednesday 9th March - Mallory Park general testing, Thursday 10th March - Donington Park Masters test day, Friday 11th March - Oulton Park general testing.

HSCC website says they have been invited to test with Masters on 3rd March.

#24 Bauble

Bauble

• 1,040 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 16:45

I couldnt agree more Alan. It just doesnt look right. As Mr Growser of Toy Town used to say "Its a disgrace, it shouldnt be allowed!".

I do hope that the aforementioned Growser is alive and well and preparing for government. I'll vote for him.

#25 Pink Snail

Pink Snail

• 521 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 23:34

It is nice to see that Roberto Moreno is showing interest in the Historic scene for 2011 with outings confirmed in the Mini with also eyes on a Formula one car - interesting! Would really like to see some more of the big names of yesteryear taking part, if only for one off appearances. Big names on the bill always attracts a few more punters at the gate. Each week as we get closer to the season starting there is more news and also interesting cars/drivers popping up. Can`t wait for things to kick off this year!!

#26 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 23:55

It is nice to see that Roberto Moreno is showing interest in the Historic scene for 2011 with outings confirmed in the Mini with also eyes on a Formula one car - interesting!

For Formula One read Formula Ford Keith. He's looking for a car he ran in period, a Van Diemen RF80 which Peter Alexander has offered to run for him if a suitable example can be found.

#27 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:27

For Formula One read Formula Ford Keith. He's looking for a car he ran in period, a Van Diemen RF80 which Peter Alexander has offered to run for him if a suitable example can be found.

From the MSV press release, Tony:

He has his eyes on a Formula 1 car...

Here's hoping..

#28 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 11:56

Picked this up from this week's Autosport where there was no mention of an F1 car; a bit of MSV spin?!?!

#29 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:09

Yes, I saw that, too, Tony but surely there will be an owner of an historic F1 car who wouldn't be averse to seeing a former-GP driver in his car and, it would be hoped, show some of its potential. I will keep my fingers crossed.

#30 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:20

Yes, I saw that, too, Tony but surely there will be an owner of an historic F1 car who wouldn't be averse to seeing a former-GP driver in his car and, it would be hoped, show some of its potential. I will keep my fingers crossed.

I'm not sure he's that bothered, Alan. The Mini & a Formula Ford would be enough to keep him happy in his retirement. And my experience of Historic F1 car owners is that when they offer a drive to the likes of Roberto, they want money for it that even if affordable, they're not prepared to pay. If free seats in Historic F1 were available, alot of ex- F1 drivers would suddenly appear out of the woodwork.
I know one ex-F1 driver who has been offered several seats in Historic F1 cars in recent seasons but simply doesn't have the budget. It's a wealthy man's preserve and many ex-F1 drivers who didn't reach the top echelons of the sport have little or no disposable cash, sadly.

Edited by Giraffe, 04 March 2011 - 12:29.

#31 Phil Rainford

Phil Rainford

• 5,302 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:51

Picked this up from this week's Autosport where there was no mention of an F1 car; a bit of MSV spin?!?!

There would be a certain amount of irony if F1 drives were suddenly made available to him .........when he struggled all his racing career to find drives his undoubted talent merited

PAR

#32 john aston

john aston

• 2,698 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 18:11

May I also plug the Croft Nostalgia Weekend in early August? The inaugural HSCC event went very well with reasonable crowd and excellent racing. The grids were thinner than ideal - busy time of year - but the oft quoted reason is that it's too far. Croft is 10 minutes from A1 and easily accessible - us Yorkshiremen get down to Silverstone and Cadwell , Oulton etc regularly - if you have not been to Croft before it's excellent to drive and far better than many circuits (not Cadwell obviously ) for spectating.

#33 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 17:12

Oulton Park testing prior to tomorrow's Masters meeting saw Roberto Moreno's first Formula Ford test for more than 30 years when he took a turn in Simon Hadfield's Van Diemen (once the crew had sourced sufficient foam padding to allow the great Brazilian to make himself comfortable!). He is due to share Ron Maydon's Cooper S in the pre-'66 Saloon Car Race.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#34 David Beard

David Beard

• 4,997 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 17:20

Some of us are still working, Alan!

#35 TonyS2

TonyS2

• 41 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 17:24

This is probably not strictly the appropriate thread, but has the VSCC ever had a meeting at Brands Hatch, and if so, when did they last race there, and does anyone know why they never seem to now? I went to their meeting at Loton Park hillclimb last year, and I would love to see some of those cars racing at Brands.

#36 Phil Rainford

Phil Rainford

• 5,302 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 17:31

Cracking pictures Alan :up: :up:

PAR

#37 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 17:40

Cracking pictures Alan :up: :up:

PAR

As always from your biggest fan Alan, but your posts never fit my screen! :confused:

#38 alansart

alansart

• 4,420 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 18:26

Posted Image

Posted Image

I can see why it's not running with an engine cover!

Edited by alansart, 11 March 2011 - 18:27.

#39 Cirrus

Cirrus

• 1,753 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 20:34

Great pictures of Roberto! I was a regular visitor to the Ralt factory in the late Seventies. My self-built F4 car used a Ralt nosecone and splitter. I used to visit the "Rat Factory" every Monday after an F3 race in search of bodywork which could be "subsequently enjoyed". Thorkild Thyrring was a particularly bountiful source.

Anyway, Roberto's Royale RP26 was based in the lowliest of the Ralt sheds (I think Ron let him use it in return for sweeping the floor of the main factory). Everyone who came into contact with him couldn't fail to be caught up in his enthusiasm - when he came over here he barely spoke a word of English, and by then his good friend Nelson Piquet was too busy with Brabham duties to give him much attention. Anyway, my dad and I helped him in a very minor way at the end of the season. I particularly remember an occasion when he was racing at Silverstone GP at the end of '79. He towed the Royale there behind his VW Variant and slept in it (the VW). The next morning he was in the scrutineering queue and had to limp off (an old karting injury) to buy some race numbers. When he got back, his car had been pushed out of the queue, and he rejoined at the back.

Come the race, he won and broke the lap record - the perfect response!

Edited by Cirrus, 11 March 2011 - 21:02.

Advertisement

#40 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 22:56

It was a real pleasure to meet Roberto today. Full of enthusiasm and good humour and very much enjoying his laps in the Van Diemen, a stop-gap to fill his time as his Mini was awaiting some attention. As you would expect, his English is now perfect.

#41 Norman Jones

Norman Jones

• 78 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 18:29

Just back from Oulton Plenty of room in the paddock, the Oldies but Goldies race was scrapped but nevertheless a good meeting for early in the year.

A few pictures

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Frank Lyons Lola which someone who should know says is ex Martin Birrane and is " never seen Huntington"

Posted Image

Posted Image

URL=http://img854.imageshack.us/i/p1000871.jpg/]Posted Image[/URL]

Posted Image

only TNFer spotted

Posted Image

More if requested, overall a better day than I expected coming so early in the season.

#42 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 19:15

As Norman says, a better meeting than the prospects suggested. Barely a drop of rain, a host of TNFers spotted including Phil Rainford, Simon Arron, Paul Hurdsfield, Elansprint72, AuroraF1 (deputy clerk of the course), Pressman, Simon Hadfield, zoff2005 and Ian Titchmarsh (sorry, Norman, you were one I didn't see) and although the entries were thin, and some races a trifle long, there was some good racing to be seen and a bigger crowd than expected.

#43 elansprint72

elansprint72

• 4,029 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 19:56

As Norman says, a better meeting than the prospects suggested. Barely a drop of rain, a host of TNFers spotted including Phil Rainford, Simon Arron, Paul Hurdsfield, Elansprint72, AuroraF1 (deputy clerk of the course), Pressman, Simon Hadfield, zoff2005 and Ian Titchmarsh (sorry, Norman, you were one I didn't see) and although the entries were thin, and some races a trifle long, there was some good racing to be seen and a bigger crowd than expected.

Yes, an enjoyable day, good to catch up with most of those listed above.
My photography is getting out of hand- 460 digital shots, all masterpieces (naturally) but you lot will never see them because PAR has banned me from posting photos.  ;)
I also shot two rolls of B&W film! As the cars were old, I thought that I would have a go with my Nikon F, which is in period with some of the earlier cars. There will be a suitable delay until I have developed my first rolls of film for about fifteen years.
Peter Mcfadyen can be added to the list of TNeffers who answered this early call to arms.

btw, Simon Arron is a slimy individual. At least he was after he stepped into the Deer Leap bog. :rotfl:

#44 elansprint72

elansprint72

• 4,029 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 20:25

The three....

Posted Image

Thank goodness the folks who live in the Lodge have changed their FIAT Siecento from yellow to a more muted colour; this means much less Photoshop work for the snappers. :)

#45 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 20:28

Posted Image
Martyn Corfield's Austin Healey 100/4, shared with Jeremy Welch in the Gentlemen Drivers' encounter
Posted Image
Jamie Boot slips inside the Diva 10F of Peter Aylett in the same race.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Sadly, Roberto Moreno's Cooper S couldn't withstand being overrevved so it became an all-too-early retirement after moving into third place behind a Mustang and Falcon.

For some reason Mr Rainford wanted to reserve the privilege of posting a photo of Simon Hadfield with Michael Schryver's Elan, so I shall refrain from doing so along with elansprint
It had better be good, Phil  ;)

#46 elansprint72

elansprint72

• 4,029 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 20:45

So; Phil was not around at this point...  ;)
This is the worst bit of door-closing I've seen in some little while... Mini-Man was fair and square right up the inside, after being very patient for several laps; Jag-Man used his weight and gave him absolutely nowhere to go. Fortunately the only thing Mini-Man hit was made of lightweight plastic.

Posted Image

Posted Image

He re-joined like a scalded cock, maybe 500M behind; when they passed me for the last time Mini-Man was right up Jag-Man's orifice; I do hope he had him thro' the last bend. :)

#47 Phil Rainford

Phil Rainford

• 5,302 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 22:11

For some reason Mr Rainford wanted to reserve the privilege of posting a photo of Simon Hadfield with Michael Schryver's Elan, so I shall refrain from doing so along with elansprint
It had better be good, Phil ;)

No pressure then........Alan can you e-mail me one of your pictures please?

PAR

Edited by Phil Rainford, 12 March 2011 - 22:14.

#48 elansprint72

elansprint72

• 4,029 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 22:31

... tick... tock... :smoking:

Anyway; I thought the pre-event "big-up" given to this meeting was far and away out of proportion to the actual level of turner-uppers. I've said it before, etc... but really there are just too many "old car" events in Europe at the moment.

What do I know... ?

Edited by elansprint72, 12 March 2011 - 22:45.

#49 Paul Hurdsfield

Paul Hurdsfield

• 9,282 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 22:35

A few from me, In no particular order.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That mini and jag again.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Paul Hurdsfield, 12 March 2011 - 22:38.

#50 Phil Rainford

Phil Rainford

• 5,302 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 22:55

A few from me, In no particular order.
Posted Image

Good to see you Paul..........like that one :up:

PAR