For the fourth November in a row, we have a silly season trophy. It's a slow, but fun game. We will have to wait for results for roughly 17 months, and the winner of the last year's edition is still to be determined (but there are a few frontrunners). To win, you have to predict the 2020 lineup correctly – and that involves predicting driver moves and retirements, new arrivals, and stable choices.
While some of the 2020 seats have already been decided, the vast majority is up for grabs. Do you possess 20/20 foresight (apologies for the terrible joke)? You won't find out unless you participate!
2003: Brian O Flaherty
2004: Flying Panda
2005: lukywill, Viceroy, Makarias
To participate, post a reply in this topic with the drivers you think will be on the grid in the first Formula One Grand Prix of 2020. Be sure to follow the rules and please make sure there is no confusion as to which driver you mean.
Rules and point scoring:
The game will continue with the same scoring system as last year: unpopular picks are rewarded more if they turn out to be true. Early indications are that this is a good method for breaking ties.
- 2 drivers per team. In case more drivers are provided, player only scores points for the first two listed.
- 1 team per driver. In case a driver is placed into multiple teams, player only scores points for the first one mentioned.
- 5 points for correctly guessing driver/team. You can earn up to 2 bonus points for each successful pick depending on how many people guessed that particular driver/team combination. This is calculated as 2*(1–(a/b)), where a is the amount of guesses with that driver/team combination among other participants and b is the amount of your opponents (i.e. total guesses minus one).
- 2 points for correctly guessing driver (wrong team). You can earn up to 1 bonus point for each successful pick depending on how many people guessed that driver would participate. This is calculated as 1–(a/b), where a is the amount of guesses with that driver/team combination among other participants and b is the amount of your opponents (i.e. total guesses minus one).
- On top of the regular bonus points, you get double points if the driver you guessed was mentioned by nobody else.
- 0 points if driver doesn't compete. An exception is if the driver was supposed to participate but did not due to a temporary injury or temporary ban (e.g. in 2017 you would get 5 points for guessing either Ericsson, Giovinazzi or Wehrlein in the Sauber and 2 points for guessing them in any other team, but no points for guessing van der Garde in any team in 2015).
- If you list less than 13 teams and there are less than 13 teams on the grid in 2020, you score points for the teams you left out (5 points per team).
- You can list an unknown driver (no given name) in a team. You will then score 5 points if a driver that was not mentioned by any other entry drives in the team you put him/her in. You will score no points if an unknown driver drives in a different team.
- In the event of a tie, the player putting the most drivers in the correct teams is given preference. If there is still a tie, the player who submitted his guess first is given preference (in case a post is edited, I will look at the time it was last edited, not the original submission time).
- In case of an event unspecified by rules, SpaceHorseParty makes the final decision.
December 1, 2018, 00:00 (UTC)
Edited by SpaceHorseParty, 02 November 2018 - 18:29.