F1 2019 - Now with F2 and Senna vs Prost: Legends Edition

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • RC Forum Host

• 17,648 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 08:22

Seeing as details are starting to emerge about F1 2019 I thought we should have a thread about it.

https://www.autospor...in-f1-2019-game

So three interesting new features for this year's edition.

The inclusion of F2 is sure to add something to the early career mode. Not sure if it's a good or bad thing that it'll be the 2018 season. That's probably good for the career mode as it'll have a more realistic progression but it does seem a shame that it'll be a bit out of date.

The classic car roster is being expanded further with the rest of the 2010 winning cars being added to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Codemasters' series. Perhaps we'll get some sort of 2010 challenge mode?

https://www.youtube....h?v=ADzXRyDY5u8

Then there's the Prost vs. Senna stuff, with their 1990 cars included, as well as their likenesses. That's particularly good for me as I felt the lack of classic drivers in the recent games to go with all the classic cars was a step back from F1 2013. I suspect their rivalry mode will start with the MP4/4 which is already part of the series car lineup.

So put me down as interested, and it looks like the game will feature enough new content (including that this year's silly season produced many changes in the entry list) to consider buying.

Advertisement

#2 sportyskells

sportyskells

• 1,679 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 09:17

Well. the 2019 F2 gang will be added later in the year via a patch. There might be a very good reason why we go the F2 2018 gang as it might be our starting point for this years F1 mode

#3 JHSingo

JHSingo

• 6,202 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 11:09

Interesting - although with any annual sports game, I always feel they are a bit of a waste of time, since next year's edition will always have something extra. What's the point of paying £60 or whatever, when you won't play it once the new game comes out? Let me guess, F1 2020 will feature F3 as well, and in career mode you'll have to start in one of the lower categories and work your way up? You read it here first.  ;)

To my mind, Codemasters needs to do something a bit different to avoid making the games just feeling essentially the same. A story mode in the career, or the ability to start your own team and sign sponsors and a team mate like we saw in Race Driver GRID, or something. F1 games in recent years have been heavy on content, but just lacking in...something to make it feel more immersive imo.

#4 pRy

pRy

• 15,347 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 17:40

The gameplay footage is looking pretty impressive. The split screen from 2018 / 2019 in particular. At first I thought the footage on the right was taken from TV.

Edited by pRy, 08 May 2019 - 17:41.

#5 Marklar

Marklar

• 29,968 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 18:28

To my mind, Codemasters needs to do something a bit different to avoid making the games just feeling essentially the same. A story mode in the career, or the ability to start your own team and sign sponsors and a team mate like we saw in Race Driver GRID, or something. F1 games in recent years have been heavy on content, but just lacking in...something to make it feel more immersive imo.

It was mentioned that F1 2019 will have a story mode

#6 balage06

balage06

• 995 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 19:28

I was pretty disappointed when I read the career mode won't feature full F2 seasons, there will be only three so-called "events" before the player's debut in F1, doing the full F2 calendar will only be possible by creating a custom championship. I get it, 99% of the player base would probably skip the junior categories if they had the chance, but man, what a missed opportunity!

#7 MikeV1987

MikeV1987

• 5,532 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 21:14

I was pretty disappointed when I read the career mode won't feature full F2 seasons, there will be only three so-called "events" before the player's debut in F1, doing the full F2 calendar will only be possible by creating a custom championship. I get it, 99% of the player base would probably skip the junior categories if they had the chance, but man, what a missed opportunity!

That's pretty disappointing for me as well, they are crazy to not throw that in.

#8 JHSingo

JHSingo

• 6,202 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 15:05

It was mentioned that F1 2019 will have a story mode

Hopefully something beyond the bare bones of "media asking you questions", and repeated scenes from that manager woman.

I'm probably alone in this, but even something like the Toca Race Driver 2 story would be nice to see, just to make it a bit different. Otherwise you're just turning up to the same tracks, doing the same thing, and not really getting anything from it - at least imo.

I know the trend for racing games in recent years has been more down the simulation/realism route rather than anything more creative. But you look at what EA Sports have down for the Fifa franchise, and it's strange we've not seen something similar for an F1 game.